Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which type is most likely to survive on a desert island?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Which type is most likely to survive on a desert island?

Like that Bear Grylls guy...that sort of situation. Who would survive best out of the types? And worst?

And did anyone ever figure out what that guy's type is?
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No man would survive without proper training beforehand.

Creepy-male

An LII clearly.

Regardless, I'd want to be packing one anyway so I don't go mad.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    No man would survive without proper training beforehand.
    People have been rescued from islands, or survived before. Not all of them are Navy seals or whatever.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hmm. By surviving, I thought you meant, living, as in, getting the things you need to survive, and eventually making your way "home", all by yerself.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huginn View Post
    SLI

pragmatic ingenuity + tends to conserve resources + disinclination to panic or overexert oneself + usually a higher tolerance for loneliness
    You're telling me this SLI knows what to eat, how to get it, etc ?

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    I'd survive. Most of the rest of you wouldn't.

The EIIs would sit down, and patiently wait to be rescued.
    The IEEs would run around like chickens with their heads cut off, until they fell exhausted in the sand, face first.
    The ILEs would start a million complex survival projects, making plans to build all kinds of contraptions, but they wouldn't finish any of them.
    The IEIs/SEIs would wander around wondering what they were supposed to do, eat some poisonous berries and fall asleep in a cave, never to reawaken.
    The LIEs/EIEs would hike to the top of a mountain for a better vantage point to see what they were up against, slip, and fall off a cliff.
    The SEEs would wander aimlessly for someone to talk to, and die of boredom when finally stuck with their own thoughts.
    The ILIs/LIIs would attempt to document their experience for posterity by using ingredients they had located, spend days writing but forgetting to eat, and die of starvation.
    The LSEs would search for someone they could tell what to do, when running out of luck, and realizing they had to actually do something themselves, they'd begin a quick trip to insanity.
    ESEs would create a complex feast out of ingredients they had located on the island, eat happily, live in a little hut they'd created themselves, but within a week would die of pure lonliness.

Of the remaining 4 types who would survive:

The SLIs/LSIs would secretly enjoy the experience, find food, build a dwelling and explore the island. Only developing a means of contacting the outside world when they felt like it.
    The SLEs would immediately make a boat and rescue themselves.
    The ESIs would have a search party looking for them within an hour before they got a chance to try to survive.
    lol, nice. Actually, I´ve given the occasional thought about how to survive situations like a desert island.

Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EII.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The LIEs/EIEs would hike to the top of a mountain for a better vantage point to see what they were up against, slip, and fall off a cliff.
    oh come on, Diana.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The LSEs would search for someone they could tell what to do, when running out of luck, and realizing they had to actually do something themselves, they'd begin a quick trip to insanity.
    Certainly not! If nobody's conveniently located, we wouldn't go looking for anyone. Might wind up finding an SLE, and that would be a difficult partnership. I suppose we may begin a quick trip to insanity, since the word "quick" has no specific measurement and, depending on point of view, could mean 5-10 years.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An SLI could survive on an island like an IEE could survive at the mall.
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait... I don't think I get this... Malls make me want to gouge my eyes out. Soooo you can't survive on a desert island?
    IEE

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post
    lol

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post
    Change that to SEE.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    LSI
    The end is nigh

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The EIIs would sit down, and patiently wait to be rescued.
    The IEEs would run around like chickens with their heads cut off, until they fell exhausted in the sand, face first.
    The ILEs would start a million complex survival projects, making plans to build all kinds of contraptions, but they wouldn't finish any of them.
    The IEIs/SEIs would wander around wondering what they were supposed to do, eat some poisonous berries and fall asleep in a cave, never to reawaken.
    The SEEs would wander aimlessly for someone to talk to, and die of boredom when finally stuck with their own thoughts.
    The ILIs/LIIs would attempt to document their experience for posterity by using ingredients they had located, spend days writing but forgetting to eat, and die of starvation.
    ESEs would create a complex feast out of ingredients they had located on the island, eat happily, live in a little hut they'd created themselves, but within a week would die of pure lonliness.

Of the remaining 4 types who would survive:

The SLIs/LSIs would secretly enjoy the experience, find food, build a dwelling and explore the island. Only developing a means of contacting the outside world when they felt like it.
    The ESIs would have a search party looking for them within an hour before they got a chance to try to survive.
    that's kind of mean
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    Like that Bear Grylls guy

I've seen most of his documantaries, but I still don't know what type he is. My first guess would be SLI, but it's based on nearly nothing.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You people are funny.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish I could only be so lucky to get dropped off on a deserted island for a couple months. That's one of my dreams in life.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post
    Wait... I don't think I get this... Malls make me want to gouge my eyes out. Soooo you can't survive on a desert island?
    OK SEE.

You can join me on my Island.
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so true.

IEI-Fe 4w3

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my opinion, it would be: ST > NT > SF > NF
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The LSEs would search for someone they could tell what to do, when running out of luck, and realizing they had to actually do something themselves,
    ?
    I've never known an LSE who wanted someone else to do their job while they sit on their asses, but whatever. I've known some LSI's and SLI's who do this to an extent

I kind of agree with Krigs assessment, though I'd think ESE's and SEE's would deal with primal survival a bit better than LII's and ILI's
    So, yah, ST>NT/SF>NF
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    ?
    I've never known an LSE who wanted someone else to do their job while they sit on their asses, but whatever. I've known some LSI's and SLI's who do this to an extent

I kind of agree with Krigs assessment, though I'd think ESE's and SEE's would deal with primal survival a bit better than LII's and ILI's
    So, yah, ST>NT/SF>NF
    Yeah, that's a tricky question. I think LIIs would know what to do to survive long-term, but might have difficulty actually doing it. ESEs might not know what to do, but could actually do it if they did know. So basically what I'm saying is that they need each other to survive.

Which raises an interesting question, actually -- are there any dual pairs who would have a better chance of surviving than other dual pairs? Or does each dual pair balance out so well that they could all survive equally well?
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck you guys. I'm on a deserted island right now, using the neighboring island's wifi on my Macoconutbook Pro.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, I don't want to be biased here, but maybe you can come to work at my place and see how LSE will sit in the office and does nothing. Also, while LSI can definity be asses, in working situations, I think they are work oriented, it is what they are essentially born for. it is also this perfectionism streak that they have that makes them a dick also. I want to take the biased bullshit away and not saying that becuase they are my dual. LSE definity has traits better than LSI but this isn't one of them if you compare the mass percentage of LSI vs LSE.

1)

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    Man, I don't want to be biased here, but maybe you can come to work at my place and see how LSE will sit in the office and does nothing. Also, while LSI can definity be asses, in working situations, I think they are work oriented, it is what they are essentially born for. it is also this perfectionism streak that they have that makes them a dick also. I want to take the biased bullshit away and not saying that becuase they are my dual. LSE definity has traits better than LSI but this isn't one of them if you compare the mass percentage of LSI vs LSE.
    Are you sure they're LSE or that they're actually not doing something in their office?
    LSI's are more orientated towards doing as much work that needs to be done and that's that
    "This is especially apparent when the LSI stops work because there is enough money in the household without the LSIs income."

My LSI father, for instance, is a dependable worker and a good provider but when his shift is done he has no desire to do more than that, except on a few occasions when coworkers needed help.
    When he's talked about work he seems more preoccupied with people doing things correctly and sensibly. He'll also go to work when he's sick or in pain/injured.
    But after work, he wants to relax, even if there's things that need to be done at home.
    This has been my observation of LSI's in general. They're dependable people and will endure a lot to get the job done, but they don't care about

LSE's seem to differ in that they need to be in constant motion, always doing something. Not to say that I don't think they're not bossy as well as productive, but being able to relax when things need to get done is something that they can't seem to do, at least in my experience. This is one of the things that EII's seem to help them with, to relax as well as getting them to stop jumping down peoples throats to "work work work".
    They don't seem to understand that not everybody has the energy, or will, to always be producing something 100% of the time
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Creepy-Cyclops

Yeah, LSE's can be lazy too. I've known LSE's who work hard and LSE's who spend all day sitting on their asses doing as little as possible, then going to the pub talking about how great they are, or chatting up some women.

That LSE's can't be lazy or that they always have to be doing things is just some sort of stereotype, maybe even almost MBTI.

Quote Originally Posted by marie84
    They don't seem to understand that not everybody has the energy, or will, to always be producing something 100% of the time
    Although this is technically true, I used to work for an LSE who said to me that he can't expect everyone to produce their best 100% every day, that everyone has off days, another one who was under a lot of pressure himself and tried to squeeze people for productivity every day. Although there may be some trends, experience personality and therefore people as individuals are different and are all contributing factors.

On a functional level, if Te is involved in maximising productivity, then it could also translate to why do more than is necessary, cause that's not productive either.

Quote Originally Posted by marie84
    My LSI father, for instance, is a dependable worker and a good provider but when his shift is done he has no desire to do more than that, except on a few occasions when coworkers needed help.
    When he's talked about work he seems more preoccupied with people doing things correctly and sensibly. He'll also go to work when he's sick or in pain/injured.
    Any type, especially logical types can comment on people doings things correctly or sensibly as by how they see it, why couldn't LSE's be good workers, go into work when sick, and be providers too?
    But after work, he wants to relax, even if there's things that need to be done at home.
    I'm curious why this couldn't be LSE also, let's say once the works done then an Si type would enjoy relaxing and taking some what could well be said some, "Si" time out - ie, hey man we've worked now it's time for play or relaxing or chilling or w/e etc.
    Last edited by Cyclops; 01-27-2010 at 10:49 AM.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If my ESI grandfather was stuck on a deserted island I would leave him there. I would figure since he thinks he knows so damn much he can get himself off the island. Same goes with my best friend's ESI mom. Not to mention if I saved them I would have to deal with their harassment about how it took so long, how they could have done it better in my shoes, how it rained every day, etc etc etc UGH. No thanks.

My vote is definitely SLI. Champions of hermit and practicality. I'm pretty sure LSEs could pull it off too for a similar reason. Only concern would be that they might not sit the fuck down when they need to rest and not dehydrate.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love everyone's input! very entertaining thread

I like the idea of SLIs being so awesome at this. However, my SLI bf and I were watching that bear guy on TV, and he said his Si would prevent him from doing most of the things required. Such as sleeping on a raft. He'd prefer something "comfy" and would be like "something's poking me."

I don't think he'd stand much of a chance on that island...

not that I would either!

Creepy-male

Si bases would suck in survival situations. They're all gross and uncomfortable. And eating worms? Hell no.

EDIT

Survival situations are gross and uncomfortable. But you could argue that I am too, sometimes.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you sure they're LSE or that they're actually not doing something in their office?

That fat bitch was eating nachos in the office...

1)

2)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would have to say, SLI. practical sort. they sometimes don't look it but they can teach themselves all kinds of practical stuff from scratch and have the temperament to deal with being stuck alone someplace. trust me, not LII, unless previously trained in survival in the wild. biology dictates a speed by which you need to learn things in situations like that, or you die. unless we get a starter pack of food and stuff to provide us the time, we'd take too long. hence why, as an LII, i took the strategic decision of obtaining an SLI for myself.

it is true that he hates being in grossy situations, BUT, when it comes down to it, he can. with SLIs, you have to distinguish what they *like* and what they *can*.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Any XSTx could survive, though an ESTx would probably end up talking to the trees.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Any XSTx could survive, though an ESTx would probably end up talking to the trees.
    Psh.. I could survive.. assuming that I don't get bitten by a snake that I didn't notice.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    Psh.. I could survive.. assuming that I don't get bitten by a snake that I didn't notice.
    Haha

Hopefully I have done enough mock survival activities in my life to know something about survival lol. I've done a couple of those you have x, y, and z items which is most important in the current situation and list them in order. Of course if we are going by natural strength of types... I can hope that my many close friends I have made will all be searching for me and prodding the government not to give up.

In all reality, I don't know if I could survive. It's highly dependent on the environment. Is there any source of fresh water or does rain much? I don't know if I could eat much as I am picky but you can go without eating for a long time. Are there many animals attempting to eat me? I don't know if I could fend of a panther or something.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm used to working hard all day and not eating 'til evening. I don't require much food. Roaches are scarier than panthers. I'm picky, though. If I don't find an excellent fresh water source, I'll dehydrate.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can survive 50 hours behind my computer without sleeping.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I can survive 50 hours behind my computer without sleeping.
    Does said island have a computer, or will Jarno get attacked by leprecons in his sleep?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any type is able to survive using it's own method

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast