Results 1 to 28 of 28

Thread: Run

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,294
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Run

    Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

  2. #2
    I'm back, assholes! Herzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    5,098
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    My twin brother is my supervisee, and through Socionics, I've kind of figured out how NOT to piss him off. I can lay off on the , and then he doesn't get pissed.

    I used to hit his PoLR all the time without realizing it, when I was a little kid.

    Now, we actually get along quite well. He's a really funny kid.
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

  3. #3
    In Transition Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,698
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Edited for stupidity. (I understand now why Transigent edits his posts).
    "Nothing happens until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change."

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-4w5-9w1

  4. #4
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,631
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I love INFps. They know shit. They are a lot more tactful and peaceful than me.

    IRL, they seem a bit "lost" ,though. Like they don't know where they are going. I feel like I have to tell them, but since I shouldn't, I resist, but anyway this underlying feeling comes out through little remarks that probably they might find slightly annoying.

    And they aways ask me gym-related questions, duh!
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,294
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

  6. #6
    Cone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,717
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Transigent,

    Assuming that you are correct on all points, then by logical deduction I am ESFp. This is because I feel the same way toward a specific INFj I know. The only difference is that HE puts up with ME, not the other way around.

    Getting right to the point: I will never give up my conviction of you being INTp so far as all of the facts point that way. And as an added bonus, I feel the same way you do about ISTjs.

    As for the topic at hand,

    I think ESTjs dislike my "what if" thinking style. Often my questions are accompanied by a lack of adequate knowledge of the subject at hand, so I am often stopping and thinking for a long portion of the discussion, formulating, in their perceptions, half-assed conclusions and inducing missing facts with logic and guessing.

    Also, my ESTj ex disliked my autistic way of reading emotions and my relative inertness. So it was mostly a game of her wanting something and me never understanding what it is that she wants.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

  7. #7
    In Transition Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,698
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    Quote Originally Posted by Young_and_Confused
    Well, I am the supervisee and I would say I feel a lot less controlled or threatened by an INTj then I would from an ESFj, which is my benefactor. Though, it is hard to tell since I'm not sure if I've met an INTj in real life.

    So, I will talk about an ESFj being my boss and all I have to say that I did benefit from that experience, but it wasn't neccesarily a great experience and I'm glad that it was over. We disagreed on almost everything, however I could see that she was right about things in small doses.
    Just HOW did you graduate High School dude?

    I am talking about supervisory RELATIONS.

    This means that YOU should tell ME how you feel about ISFj's, okay?

    ISFj is your socionics supervisee.
    Hmm...you always have to put something that questions my intelligence indirectly, don't you? I'll make it easier for you, don't worry. :wink:

    I mixed up the fact that INTj is my supervisor and ISFj is my supervisee. I even knew that I was doing something wrong, but I know now, I didn't really read that much into the relations. That's all!

    Overall, I would say that I like ISFj's overall. A lot of people seem to talk behind their back, but I always disagree with them and support them. We get along quite well actually and I really don't supervise them or anything. The only thing that may be considered supervision is that I point out that they should do more on their spare time and this motivates them to do so.

    I think you take relations too seriously anyways. It is a pretty good theory, but I find flaws in them.
    "Nothing happens until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change."

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-4w5-9w1

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,294
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

  9. #9
    Cone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,717
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    And I will never believe you because you NEVER EVER PROVIDE ANY OBJECTIVE EVIDENCE.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,294
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

  11. #11
    Cone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,717
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Saying that you "get along with ESFjs" and that you "see no Ni in yourself" is not objective evidence, because no one who is intelligent should ever trust the other person to know Socionics well enough to be able to apply in his or her life, i.e. I need to know how you see Socionics and I need examples of how you really function in real life.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,294
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

  13. #13
    escaping anndelise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    WA
    TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Posts
    6,329
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: I'm the Boss!

    Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulenko
    The Supervisee normally wants to gain recognition and commendation from the Supervisor.
    What are your experiences with your supervisees?

    Do you hate them? Do you like them? Any wierd power struggles? Any strange reactions?

    Do tell...
    ISFj is my supervisee, right? Unfortunately, I only know one ISFj, and he's not a very good recommendation for ISFjs. However, I recognize that that's him, and does not particularly reflect all ISFjs. (In fact there is an ISFj on the forums that is sooo much nicer to talk with than the ISFj I know.) Based on the ISFj that i know, I hate it. He's so flippin lazy, figures he's done his "duty" and now doesn't have to do anything more. It seems he wants someone else to provide him with incentive, encouragement, motivation to get off his ass and DO something. He'll only temporarily understand something that is being explained to him, you think the problem or whatever is finally taken care of, but it seems that being able to verbalize the new thing does not equate to actually DOING it. Sometimes I just want to light a fire under his butt, but I know that it wouldn't change anything. He'd just look at it dumbly and expect someone else to either put it out or tell him to put it out. (Ok, so I don't have much respect for this guy.)

    However, with the little bit of interaction I've had with the ISFj from this forum, it could actually be quite fun. Kind of like a ...um...mentor..feel to it. Makes me kind of want to place her under my wing and nudge her out of her nest...all at the same time. I feel like I want to fly with her in the lead and me slightly to the side and behind her, silently pointing out roadblocks or pathways to her goals which she may not have noticed. or even quickly catching/supporting her after she's tripped and silently setting her back onto her path. Interactions with her have brought out the self-assured, creativeness in me.

    So, same type, both good and bad potentials in the relationship. Kinda makes me think "person first, socionics style second".
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,246
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Congratulations, Transigent! Welcome to the entp club, where we question our type more than any other type does! :-)

    Nice to have you among us. I typed you as enfp once, but I guess I was picking up on your Ne and read some Fi that wasn't really there.
    Entp
    ILE

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,294
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

  16. #16
    Dmitri Lytov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    231
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's quite OK when you and your supervisee are in more or less equal position. My father-in-law is an ISTJ, and I feel quite comfortable in communication with him, although we do not often speak to each other (maybe it's a problem of both being T).

    However, communication becomes quite unbearable when my supervisee is in superior position to me.
    www.socioniko.net is no longer my site.

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,246
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dmitri Lytov
    It's quite OK when you and your supervisee are in more or less equal position. My father-in-law is an ISTJ, and I feel quite comfortable in communication with him, although we do not often speak to each other (maybe it's a problem of both being T).

    However, communication becomes quite unbearable when my supervisee is in superior position to me.
    Indeed. My supervisor at work is my socionics supervisee and as you say, it's quite unbearable. She's like a giant obstacle that I constantly have to work around.

    Although I liked her a lot when we were colleagues years ago.
    Entp
    ILE

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    694
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    IEI subtype

  19. #19
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Haha. ISTjs.

    There was one at school who always seemed so confident and composed... except around me. And it's rather hilarious how easily (pretty much accidentally) I made him uncomfortable.

    He would keep asking me if I wanted to play chess. I am notoriously against the whole idea of chess, because the game seems to support the notion that only boring people are intelligent. Anyway, I'd always grunt and tell him the game was stupid and boring, and his response would be that it is stimulating. I'd say "so?" And he'd be like "uhh..." and roll his eyes and walk away. One time I pissed him off for lying about why I got drunk and pissed in a stairwell and he said if I didn't tell the truth he'd kick me out, though he had no power to do so. I just laughed at him and said "Oh, you're gonna kick me out? Riiiiiight..." One time I let Kelly fence without "proper" training (I am an expert fencer and I can tell you that the sport is comically harmless) and equipment. He became angry and threatened to write me up, and I again laughed at him and told him he was being retarded and that there was no danger, and having any foresight would show him that. He got all pissed and stormed away.

    Oh, and whenever he had an "emotional" opinion about something, like an opinion about music or a movie or something, it was always something stupid that he couldn't seem to articulate, and he'd get all upset if you questioned him on it.

    Hahaha.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  20. #20
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh, and INFjs scare the crap out of me because they're right a lot of the time and it doesn't make sense why.

    My dad's and INFj so I'm used to dealing with them. I figured it out. Just tell them they're hurting your feelings by criticising you.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  21. #21

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,246
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My Dad's an infj too. Ha! Supervisors!
    Entp
    ILE

  22. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside
    Oh, and INFjs scare the crap out of me because they're right a lot of the time and it doesn't make sense why.

    My dad's and INFj so I'm used to dealing with them. I figured it out. Just tell them they're hurting your feelings by criticising you.
    Oh yeah, and they try to tell me what to do and shit. What really gets me is when they say they know all about me, have me all figured out, or can read me like a book, but they say it in a way that is condescending, almost accusing me of doing something wrong or that I'm up to something devious. I mean they are right in a way, but its like I feel this anger bubbling within myself, and I want to shout out that they are dead wrong.

    Two things really do it though, besides the above. One, but not so much, being told to help someone, or with something, in a way that distrupts my comfort or I have to give up my comfort zone. Two, accusing me or assuming a relationship with someone else( say friendship, family member, or girl) is less or more than what I know it is. Related to this is telling me I should do more for someone (say a family member or someone who might need my attention or affection- whatever the fuck that may mean), or do less for someone because in their eyes the person is not worthy (for example family members telling me to drop a friend or not hang with them because of this and that and opinions and shit).
    ILE

  23. #23
    Creepy-aurora_faerie

    Default

    As a supervisee, I always feel as though I have to live up to their expectations and impress them, so I get anxious. But I don't dislike ENTj's, they just make me feel dumb sometimes

    As a supervisor, it can get annoying at times, because it feels like its a job to constantly remind them of their priorities and stuff. But I love them ESFj's.

  24. #24

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I am notoriously against the whole idea of chess, because the game seems to support the notion that only boring people are intelligent.
    Strange phenomenon that you don't like chess at all, Darkside. Chess is really the kind of game that usually attracts many ENTps. Many of my chess friends are ENTps, and many of the best chess players in the world are, and have been, ENTps.

  25. #25
    mimisor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    821
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside
    Oh, and INFjs scare the crap out of me because they're right a lot of the time and it doesn't make sense why.
    Yes, I know exactly what you mean. One of the classmates is an INFj and i've got the feeling they always find the most "proper" thing to say in most cases. They are just so concerned to say the "right " thing and that should be my complaint against them

    As for my supervisee, ENFps i really have no business with them, i just let them be, you know, but it seems like they do have business with me. They are more likely to make mean remarks on my expense and that only makes me disdain them more for it, not knowing when it's best to keep their mouth shut. It may be only the ones i've met, though.

  26. #26
    escaping anndelise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    WA
    TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Posts
    6,329
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gugu_ baba
    As for my supervisee, ENFps i really have no business with them, i just let them be, you know, but it seems like they do have business with me. They are more likely to make mean remarks on my expense and that only makes me disdain them more for it, not knowing when it's best to keep their mouth shut. It may be only the ones i've met, though.










    Wow. I am sitting here trying to think if I've ever made mean remarks at a TiNe, especially at their expense. I admit that I tend to meddle...probe..ask a lot of questions about what do you mean, why do you feel this way, why did you do this...etc. (Which I am working on being more appropriate about when and what I ask.) But my questions or comments have NEVER been designed to be mean nor to be critical of the TiNe. I certainly HOPE that I have never been perceived that way.






    *wanders off to pout*
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

  27. #27
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    I am notoriously against the whole idea of chess, because the game seems to support the notion that only boring people are intelligent.
    Strange phenomenon that you don't like chess at all, Darkside. Chess is really the kind of game that usually attracts many ENTps. Many of my chess friends are ENTps, and many of the best chess players in the world are, and have been, ENTps.
    Hmm. I have a hard time staying interested during chess. I get all excited before I play; I crack my knuckles, I hearken back to medieval days of the game's origin (unless I am mistaken) and then I sit down... and almost instantly lose interest... lol. Strangely enough, when I was really young, about seven or eight, I was quite good at it, but now I cant be bothered.

    /hijack.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  28. #28
    mimisor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    821
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anndelise



    Wow. I am sitting here trying to think if I've ever made mean remarks at a TiNe, especially at their expense. I admit that I tend to meddle...probe..ask a lot of questions about what do you mean, why do you feel this way, why did you do this...etc. (Which I am working on being more appropriate about when and what I ask.) But my questions or comments have NEVER been designed to be mean nor to be critical of the TiNe. I certainly HOPE that I have never been perceived that way.






    *wanders off to pout*

    Sorry for that, anndelise, like i said maybe it's just this particular person that i have in mind, not all ENFps. So please don't take it personally.
    But i have to say this ENFp was downright mean and i have the impression she wasn't even aware of that or even do it carelessly. And they say INTjs are inconsiderate with people The point why i shared that was that, in this relation of supervision, ENFps are more likely to approach me and make nasty remarks on me that myself as an INTj, to supervize them around. This is based off of 2 ENFps i know.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •