Hybrid View

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default social dynamics

is noticing:

- whom gives attention to whom, and how, and why
    - the meanings behind various actions (carefully doled out flatteries, measures taken to exclude or show disdain, etc.)
    - social hierarchies and where everyone stands within them
    - the unfolding, the developments, and the general dynamics of people's relationships and interactions
    - power plays
    - double standards of people's behaviors and attitudes (ex. immediately ridiculing one person for something, yet playfully teasing another for the same thing)
    - who trusts and respects whom
    - where and to whom people's ultimate loyalties lie
    - all this and discerning what it means on a broader scale for everybody else

type related?

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

that reminds me of how some people give off a vibe of paying attention to various things. and just paying attention can be a way of communicating in itself.

the observer becomes the observee.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    is noticing:

- the meanings behind various actions (carefully doled out flatteries, measures taken to exclude or show disdain, etc.)
    NF?
    Aristocratic
    - the unfolding, the developments, and the general dynamics of people's relationships and interactions
    Fe
    - power plays
    Fe, Se, Te?, 6, 8, 2, 5...
    - double standards of people's behaviors and attitudes (ex. immediately ridiculing one person for something, yet playfully teasing another for the same thing)
    Anyone with a brain
    6?

type related?
    The end is nigh

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is noticing:

- power plays

type related?
    Sounds like an out-of-quadra experience to me. Maybe Beta. I can probably notice most of these things (if I put myself in the right mindset) but I'd never focus or pay attention to them. Nor would I ever want to view myself or others through them, or assess a situation using those attributes. What ultimately repels me about the things you listed is that noticing has to eventually result in applying them (from the perspective they are seen of course), and for some reason that just seems wrong to me, personally. Or plain stupid and small-minded. But perhaps it isn't (strictly) type related.
    Last edited by Park; 01-25-2010 at 10:33 AM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uhm, I know I generally don't. If I force myself, I think I can, but it's not my natural mode of operation.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Creepy-Cyclops

I'm not very good at this sort of stuff, I tend to just interact with most people with basic politeness but not really get involved or try to think about the various interactions and methods of social politics and stuff, I don't really think i'm good at it and i'm best not trying to do it! :-D

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is noticing:

- whom gives attention to whom , and how, and why
    - power plays

type related?
    ^

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I notice all that stuff, although certain items are stronger for me than others. Power plays and social hierarchies less so. I think sometimes I've misinterpreted a power play as something else, other times it's ragingly obvious. I'm usually better at interpreting things when they don't involve me.
    IEE

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is noticing:

- whom gives attention to whom, and how, and why generally Fe -- more so the 'how' and 'why' -- but Fi could also yield insight into the underlying relation between two people that prompted a certain interaction
    - the meanings behind various actions (carefully doled out flatteries, measures taken to exclude or show disdain, etc.) Fe -- more so beta Fe, as it works in concert with Se, i.e. the observable magnitudes of people/things, supplementing the underlying meanings in their actions
    - social hierarchies and where everyone stands within them Ti/Fe axis, beta aristocratic values
    - the unfolding, the developments, and the general dynamics of people's relationships and interactions NiFe
    - power plays Se, more so beta Se
    - double standards of people's behaviors and attitudes (ex. immediately ridiculing one person for something, yet playfully teasing another for the same thing) probably Fi -- at least on a personal level; but also Fe/Ti, in noticing the shifts in social structure that either reinforce or undermine its integrity
    - who trusts and respects whom generally Fi, but depends on the respective quadra, i.e. betas will establish who trusts whom by their given position (SeTi)
    - where and to whom people's ultimate loyalties lie Fi/Ti
    - all this and discerning what it means on a broader scale for everybody else perhaps Ni extracting more general themes about Fe interactions; also plausibly Ne encompassing all the broader aspects of a set of Fi relations
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I notice this stuff, but agree with Tinydancer as far as not caring much about the power plays/social hierarchy. I actually make a point to ignore that sort of thing and just pretend to be clueless at times so I don't have to conform to it.

(I notice this and get annoyed if people are doing things for a "fake" motivation, like kissing up to get something)

(I notice the behavior, but don't look into the reason behind it much. Like, ok she's flattering that other girl...who knows why.)

- social hierarchies and where everyone stands within them.
    (don't really care about this and prefer that everyone is more or less on the same level).

(this is kind of interesting, and I'd pay attention to it. I talk about this sort of thing pretty often, like "Did you notice how annoyed she was when he said that? I don't think he likes that whole issue of xyz and it bothers her.").

- power plays
    (I find that annoying and ignore it. I don't participate if at all possible.)

I would notice this and it would annoy me.

(I'd notice this for sure, but wouldn't dwell on it much. Just take it at face value of who is closer to whom, without wondering why).

(I'd more or less notice this but wouldn't care much. I get annoyed if people are too rigid in their loyalties, e.g. defending someone regardless of that person maybe doing something really bad, or saying a country/soccer team/etc is the "best" when maybe it's not at that particular moment).

(Kinda. In terms of "She's being bitchy to everyone because of xyz and her best friend is supporting her because she's loyal to her, so we're all screwed and should probably just go home.).
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is noticing:

- power plays

type related?
    What I can read much better than all this crap is intentions. Though with a certain delay sometimes.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.