Thread: Quest: Make a Dual Trap

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Quest: Make a Dual Trap

I have the opportunity to meet a lot of different types of people. I won't just type the people. In my head I will make predictions, but if it comes up in conversation, I'll have them take a test and read a few descriptions until they feel out which one they feel most comfortable with.

What's most interesting to me is when I see duals just pass by each other so easily. We have neighbors that are always around and we see them all the time and there are people who frequently come over and are near their duals, but never get to meet. Even when I try to give them a little nudge ("I think you guys would get a long well!" kinda business) both people are usually not interested in the least.

If by some chance duals meet each other in conversation, I can just feel the spark in the room! Dr. John Gottman says that in relationships that we have with other people in order to show interest in one another we should give and receive 'bids'. When giving a bid, for example a husband, asks his wife a simple question. Fully receiving the bid the wife should respond with an answer, perhaps a piece of helpful advice. If she denies his bid for attention she might continue to read her magazine as though her husband said nothing at all. So, in the case of duals meeting each other, one dual might say something quiet average and the other dual in the room will always respond energetically--even return a bid (oppose to responding and ending the conversation) :] .

What might be a good way to draw duals to just talk to each other?
    Peggacorn
    ENFP

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

positive magnetic psychic energy vibes.
    IEE-Ne

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

negative gravitational primal physical touches.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In all seriousness... considering your type, I have heard good things about dancing with SLIs. As far as saying something quite average, I'm having trouble thinking of something.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was really hoping, based on the title of this thread, that this would be some Mousetrap-like thing, where one would design traps for one's duals. This would be exciting and awesome for the IEI designing a trap for the ever-active, exciting, resourceful SLE, but horribly boring for the SLE designing a trap for an IEI, because it would be something like, walk into their house and give them a really tight hug, because we're too passive to resist.

To answer your serious question, I'm not really sure, unfortunately. I think a lot of it is having a dual friend/significant other/whatever once or twice, and then realizing that you like "people like x".
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they pass each other by quite often too. Lack of friction = boring at first.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. heh Besides, people always have individual things they're looking for beyond duality. Shared interests, religious beliefs, etc...

I wouldn't build a trap for an SLI. I would just walk around with a jetpack you strap to your back and loudly complain that it was broken. (The person who fixes it would get to try it, of course.)
    IEE

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    I was really hoping, based on the title of this thread, that this would be some Mousetrap-like thing, where one would design traps for one's duals. This would be exciting and awesome for the IEI designing a trap for the ever-active, exciting, resourceful SLE, but horribly boring for the SLE designing a trap for an IEI, because it would be something like, walk into their house and give them a really tight hug, because we're too passive to resist.
    rotfl because I thought the same thing!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the best way is to have something in common that you can talk about. A hobby or being part of a group together. Like if you're in the same class at school or both like to jog? Or if you both like brandy or are in the same line of work... anything like that can bring duals together just as easily as it can bring any other two types together.

It really really helps, as silverchris said, to have had experience with a dual in the past so that you can recognize what they're like and how duality develops. That's invaluable.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post
    I think they pass each other by quite often too. Lack of friction = boring at first.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. heh Besides, people always have individual things they're looking for beyond duality. Shared interests, religious beliefs, etc...

I wouldn't build a trap for an SLI. I would just walk around with a jetpack you strap to your back and loudly complain that it was broken. (The person who fixes it would get to try it, of course.)
    And we, the SLI, the last to fall prey to any trap, are the first know, that you are beyond our grasp. Fix your jetpack, and see you fly away.
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you're saying you wouldn't fix it?! My evil plan just backfired. This is why IEEs generally don't make evil plans. Has shit to do with Fi.
    IEE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post
    So you're saying you wouldn't fix it?! My evil plan just backfired. This is why IEEs generally don't make evil plans. Has shit to do with Fi.
    No. I fix, you fly. It's the nature of things.
    ISTp
    SLI

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post
    And we, the SLI, the last to fall prey to any trap, are the first know, that you are beyond our grasp. Fix your jetpack, and see you fly away.
    that was kinda poetic. romantic in a sad sort of way.

Cyrano, are you married?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    rotfl because I thought the same thing!
    Man me too.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    that was kinda poetic. romantic in a sad sort of way.

Cyrano, are you married?
    Why, yes. To a dear ENFP. Certainly I got the better of the bargain.
    ISTp
    SLI

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post
    Why, yes. To a dear ENFP. Certainly I got the better of the bargain.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I rarely ever meet my dual, or betas in general. It makes me kinda sad thinking about all the Deltas I know. It seems their is an overabundance of them in my immediate surroundings. But, I have met a few LSI men that are the subtype that would be the best fit for me. I would assume they are subtype since I consider myself subtype. They are the ones who rarely ever change their facial expression; it's like their faces are made of stone. It sounds kinda strange but I like that about them.
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The dual trap seems to be being yourself. That's what has usually worked in the past. I have no other ideas. Sometimes I think too much about it.

I also agree about the gripping hug thing. I can image how that would be entrapping.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also agree about the gripping hug thing. I can image how that would be entrapping.
    Yes, it's very direct and efficient.
    IEE

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morcheeba View Post
    I rarely ever meet my dual, or betas in general. It makes me kinda sad thinking about all the Deltas I know. It seems their is an overabundance of them in my immediate surroundings. But, I have met a few LSI men that are the subtype that would be the best fit for me. I would assume they are subtype since I consider myself subtype. They are the ones who rarely ever change their facial expression; it's like their faces are made of stone. It sounds kinda strange but I like that about them.
    I like this about SLEs too.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 3RainbowSprinkles View Post
    What might be a good way to draw duals to just talk to each other?
    Alcohol

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    Alcohol
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Me too! And the expressive loving eyes looking out from it.
    yeah i think it's a look that conveys a need for , i think it's charming.
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962