Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 62

Thread: Can we talk about Ti please?

  1. #1
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Can we talk about Ti please?

    Discuss the differences you've seen between Ti creative (XLE) and Ti base (LXI). give examples.

    How does Ti dual-seeking (EXE) manifest itself, specifically? What exactly are they after? Examples would be helpful!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  2. #2
    <something> Wynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a Hill
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    3,910
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LXI uses Ne or Se to help build structural models of external logic(Ti). XLE uses Ti (structural logic) to order a series of Ne or Se perceptions.

    I think of it along the lines of information processing goals.

    An IJ has the goal of processing the variables of a perceived structure and an LXI has the more specific goal of processing the variables of a perceived explicit logical structure. An LII does that by looking at the possible variables of Ne and an LSI does that by looking at the concrete variables of Se.

    An EP has the goal of processing the structure of a perceived set of variables. An XLE has the goal of processing the explicit logical structure of their perceived set of variables. An ILE has the goal of processing the explicit logical structure of perceived possible variables (Ne) and an SLE has the goal of processing the explicit logical structure of perceived concrete variables.

    For a more concrete example of Ti, consider a logic tree. A good example of a logic tree exists in Linguistics. When breaking down the structure of a sentence you start with the basic phrase, break that down to clauses which can consist of noun clauses, verb clauses, adjective clauses and prepositional clauses. Next you can break every clause down to sub-clauses and sub-sub-clauses and eventually down to the individual parts of speech verbs, nouns, adjectives, adverbs, pronouns, prepositions, conjunctions and interjections. Certainly, each part leads to the next, but Ti breaks it down into a complete structure. An LXI will be more concerned with studying the parts to establish an over-arching law, and an XLE will create a law to understand the parts.

    A good way to think of the different approaches is to consider something that Labcoat said in the Alpha forum. An LII will try to find an answer so they know how to solve a problem in the future while an ILE will solve the problem again and again every time it shows up. In this way, the LII is looking for the laws (Ti) so they will always know what to do when encountering a certain set of variables (Ne) whereas the ILE is encountering a certain set of variables (Ne) and then finding the law (Ti) to using them. This also becomes a part of the IJ, decisive, "order" versus the EP, indecisive, "disorder". IJs become more proactive while EPs become more reactive.

    As for EXEs, I'm going to leave that for an EXE to describe. I feel I've done my job

    BTW, I'm not all-together sold on my wording wrt processing goals. If someone has a better way to word it, I would definitely like to hear it. I'm kind of making due atm.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

    Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

  3. #3
    wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,107
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ummm... ok, let's try.

    First of all, Ti is external statics of fields. This means that Ti is interested in what is permanent about explicit or observable relationships. To me, the perfect exemplification of Ti external statics of fields is a basic physics equation, such as the universal gravitation law (F = (G x m1 x m2)/(r^2)), or P = IV or P = IR^2. All of these physics equations are surprisingly accurate models of how given physical (external) variables interact (fields) in all cases whatsoever (statics), at least until you get into relativity and stuff. That's the basic information content of Ti: how external systems always work. Now, that being said, this focus on theoretical models of external systems, models wherein you can plug in one set of information/data and get another, results in certain behavioral features, which of course feature more prominently in Ti-leading types than in Ti-creative types, and which I will try to detail below.

    Ti-leading types are generally much more ordered, organized, and have a degree of rigidity that ILEs and SLEs do not. This does not by any means mean that they have an organized house, or an organized desk, etc. They often (usually?) don't. It does mean that they have a fairly organized way of thinking or going about things. Ti divides the world into internally coherent systems (which necessarily preclude certain things, which is why Ti leading types have either Se or Ne as their polr), and is always fairly certain about the "right" answer, and if not certain about the right answer, certain that there is a right answer that can be reached. Obviously, they are capable of putting certain questions (e.g. how many planets are there outside the observable universe? what was the precise date on which the Iliad was written, and by whom?) into an "unknowable" or even "irrelevant" box, but even then they have to make a distinction between "knowable" and "unknowable", which at least in some small way makes the unknowable thing known, at least insofar as we know that it is unknowable. It is this extremely organized way of thinking that comes so naturally to Ti-leading types. A well-constructed device (meaning well-organized) can bring a Ti-leading type pleasure in the same way that a well constructed sentence (meaning well-organized) can bring an Fe-leading type pleasure (or any type, but I hope you see the connection). Ti delights in distinctions, because distinctions make things more explicit, logical, and clear. This is why analytic philosophy, especially logic, generally takes a Ti bent (continental philosophy, or at least what I know of it, in my opinion takes more of a Ni, gamma NT bent). Aristotle's laws of logic are pure Ti, as pure as the models of relationships found in the laws of physics: A is A, A is not B, Either A or B, etc. All of these are actually *massive* assumptions, but they create an internally consistent system, which, even if it cannot accommodate all the data of real life, can accommodate an awful lot of it.

    Now, XLEs, on the other hand, are not as focused on the Ti model of external relationships. They are more focused on the perceptions out of which the models are made. They are concerned with taking their perceptions (either Ne or Se), and creating an explicit Ti system of inputs and outputs not as an end in themselves, but in order to go back out into the world armed with a more explicit set of knowledge, what to do in a given situation, etc. (this may be more true of SLEs than ILEs). For instance, an SLE will often encounter a challenge in life, then, internally (this is an introverted information element after all) think of an explicit logical system covering all examples of a given phenomenon, an overarching law as mn0good said. Then, he or she will use this explicit logical system to understand the situation. He or she will not, generally, just go out and do exactly what the system says he or she should do in every case. XLEs have much more room for adapting on the fly than XLIs, in general. Rather, he or she will use the understanding gained from examining the phenomenon in a logical way as an aid, as extra information, if you will, in confronting the problem the next time. Obviously, I'm not as interested in ILEs, so I don't have as many examples of what they're like, but I think there's a parallel for them.

    An LXI will be more concerned with studying the parts to establish an over-arching law, and an XLE will create a law to understand the parts.
    This is also a great point. For an LSI or LII, the goal is the law, the goal is to understand the experience or phenomenon; that is the end-in-itself. For an SLE or ILE, the law simply allows us greater understanding (and, accordingly, greater or better experience) of the parts.

    I'm not really sure about Ti dual-seeking either. I relate Ti more to Ni than to Fe, so I'm not really sure how it works for Fe-leading types. I guess Fe-leading types really like an explicit set of rules that tells them what to do (not necessarily needing the volitional pressure to do these things that an Ni-leading types would need, but just the existence of a set of rules: when to do this, when to do that, and one that serves their goals).
    Not a rule, just a trend.

    IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

    Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

    I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

  4. #4
    Imagine Timeless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA.
    TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Posts
    819
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Short answer:



    His album is pretty cool.


  5. #5
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    This is also a great point. For an LSI or LII, the goal is the law, the goal is to understand the experience or phenomenon; that is the end-in-itself. For an SLE or ILE, the law simply allows us greater understanding (and, accordingly, greater or better experience) of the parts.
    this is what I was thinking about I guess. good distinction.

    *sigh* thanks you guys for your input. I don't know why I started this thread as I'm really bad at this type of analysis.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  6. #6
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    My mom needs my dad to tell her the time, (well that's more like covering up her Ni polr), it's more like she wants a mental structure. Some sort of mental organization that introverts excel at, especially logical ones. 'Oh it's 7 pm it's time for dinner.' That might sound bland, but to an ESE that's kind of everything. It's so important to them. I'm an INFp so it's like 'Oh my god you alphas are such dorks. It's just dinner.' But to them it's important. Being on time for dinner.

    Without that sort of framework and structure mum would go absolutely crazy with her extroversion, without the ability to be grounded.

    It sounds as like you might have wanted some like super grand ideal perspective, something that was more 'interesting' than simply being on time for dinner. However, the reason I like socionics is that it's based on reality. It's like magic/reality all in one.

  7. #7
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    My mom needs my dad to tell her the time, (well that's more like covering up her Ni polr), it's more like she wants a mental structure. Some sort of mental organization that introverts excel at, especially logical ones. 'Oh it's 7 pm it's time for dinner.' That might sound bland, but to an ESE that's kind of everything. It's so important to them. I'm an INFp so it's like 'Oh my god you alphas are such dorks. It's just dinner.' But to them it's important. Being on time for dinner.

    Without that sort of framework and structure mum would go absolutely crazy with her extroversion, without the ability to be grounded.

    It sounds as like you might have wanted some like super grand ideal perspective, something that was more 'interesting' than simply being on time for dinner. However, the reason I like socionics is that it's based on reality. It's like magic/reality all in one.
    Naw, that's a great example! What I really wanted/needed was examples. Cause I can't think clearly without them. So thanks. Something funny--neither my ESE husband nor I wears a watch. So he's always saying "what time is it?" and I'm like "I dunno", thinking "what does it matter and why are you so obsessed with the time?" lol! He keeps telling me we need a clock in the family room even though there's a clock in the kitchen which is connected to the family room and you can see it from there. Anyway, your comment reminded me of that.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  8. #8
    wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,107
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    this is what I was thinking about I guess. good distinction.

    *sigh* thanks you guys for your input. I don't know why I started this thread as I'm really bad at this type of analysis.
    I'm glad if what I said helped at all, but honestly, you said at the beginning of the thread that you wanted examples, which I am really bad at giving, but I just plowed ahead with my theoretical whatevering anyway, because that's fun for me. But I realized it might not have been particularly helpful for you. That's all by way of saying, don't feel like you shouldn't have started the thread (insert smiley here)! Also, thanks.

    I'll try to think of examples, but since I'm never 100% sure about people's socionics types (and have some trouble connecting specific behaviors to type), I don't know that I'll be able to come up with any decent ones.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

    IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

    Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

    I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

  9. #9
    Azeroffs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    California
    TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,216
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    My mom needs my dad to tell her the time, (well that's more like covering up her Ni polr), it's more like she wants a mental structure. Some sort of mental organization that introverts excel at, especially logical ones. 'Oh it's 7 pm it's time for dinner.' That might sound bland, but to an ESE that's kind of everything. It's so important to them. I'm an INFp so it's like 'Oh my god you alphas are such dorks. It's just dinner.' But to them it's important. Being on time for dinner.

    Without that sort of framework and structure mum would go absolutely crazy with her extroversion, without the ability to be grounded.

    It sounds as like you might have wanted some like super grand ideal perspective, something that was more 'interesting' than simply being on time for dinner. However, the reason I like socionics is that it's based on reality. It's like magic/reality all in one.
    This isn't serious, is it? So, one can get dualized by wearing a watch?
    3w4-5w6-9w8

  10. #10
    Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    POOPLAIR
    TIM
    Alpha NT 5w4 so/sx
    Posts
    4,399
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think he meant that his mom likes to hear explicit verbalizations of a schedule, which may be vague, but having an ESE mother myself, I understand how this is type related. My mom is queen of the calendar. I can rely on her because she keeps track of dates, appointments, and logistical information. I think this is Si creative. It's like Si included in a linear-energetic (Ej) schema.

    I must say though that I eat dinner whenever I want it, and I become annoyed when arbitrary timelines are forced on me for such trivial bs (luckily not much of an issue in my family).
    OPERATION POOPLAIR

    Now conscripting, for more information come here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...48#post1003048

  11. #11
    Executor MatthewZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    TIM
    Ne-LII
    Posts
    800
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This thread reminds me of just how much of a chronomaniac I am. I've worn a watch since I was 12 and it bothers me to no end when I can't know, at any given moment, what time it is and if the plan in the back of my head is on schedule. I've been slightly relegated to timekeeper for this reason, but not too severely. Time is a nice little axis to organize things on. I'm not rigid on keeping to an arbitrary schedule, but I like to know where my time is going and when the next event is going to happen.

    Timekeeping.

    Although, I must confess that I've used a 2400hr clock so long that I'm never entirely sure if 12 AM or 12 PM means noon.

  12. #12
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewZ View Post
    This thread reminds me of just how much of a chronomaniac I am. I've worn a watch since I was 12 and it bothers me to no end when I can't know, at any given moment, what time it is and if the plan in the back of my head is on schedule. I've been slightly relegated to timekeeper for this reason, but not too severely. Time is a nice little axis to organize things on. I'm not rigid on keeping to an arbitrary schedule, but I like to know where my time is going and when the next event is going to happen.

    Timekeeping.

    Although, I must confess that I've used a 2400hr clock so long that I'm never entirely sure if 12 AM or 12 PM means noon.
    this is kinda cute.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  13. #13
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    I'm glad if what I said helped at all, but honestly, you said at the beginning of the thread that you wanted examples, which I am really bad at giving, but I just plowed ahead with my theoretical whatevering anyway, because that's fun for me. But I realized it might not have been particularly helpful for you. That's all by way of saying, don't feel like you shouldn't have started the thread (insert smiley here)! Also, thanks.

    I'll try to think of examples, but since I'm never 100% sure about people's socionics types (and have some trouble connecting specific behaviors to type), I don't know that I'll be able to come up with any decent ones.
    fwiw, I always like your posts and understand and relate to them so thanks!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  14. #14
    ._. Aiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    TIM
    IEI
    Posts
    2,015
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Another one with ESE mom here. (Do ESE's tend to have more children? Or maybe mothers are more likely to seem ESE to their children?). I don't really get Ni as being associated with time, more like how things change, but she does have clocks in every room and yet is often surprised how late it is, so maybe there's something to it.

  15. #15
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post
    Another one with ESE mom here. (Do ESE's tend to have more children? Or maybe mothers are more likely to seem ESE to their children?). I don't really get Ni as being associated with time, more like how things change, but she does have clocks in every room and yet is often surprised how late it is, so maybe there's something to it.
    Ni is more like having a hunch how things/situations are going to work out. Some thoughts that Ni people have: let's not start with this, it will bring us nowhere. Or how politics are doing is only going to turn out bad, cause these people will not like it and won't cooperate, so it's best not to go that direction. Entering a bar and noticing, this is going to become a brawl tonight.

    So don't take time to llitteraly like watching a clock. It's more future vision orientated.
    Last edited by Jarno; 01-21-2010 at 03:48 PM.

  16. #16
    <something> Wynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a Hill
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    3,910
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, I've always associated Ni with an orientation towards consequence. Seeing how something will play out. Perhaps my all-time favourite example of this is the time when my family was about to head out on a long trip to drop off my step-sister at the train then continue on to my grand-parents. My mom (ILI) warned my step-father that they ought to get gas because she expected that there wouldn't be open gas stations between our town and when we would run out of gas. My step-dad disregarded this warning because he figured the station about 15 minutes out of town would be open. However, when we promptly ran out of gas at that gas station, it was closed. Because it was around Christmas time. And my mom figured that would happen.

    This is a frequent occurrence for us. My mom is queen of "I told you so."
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

    Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

  17. #17
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yeah I always predict running out of gas! It's happened several times. and ESE husband is like "no that won't happen" and I'm like um, yes it will. I don't even NEED to say "I told you so" anymore. But it annoys him, predictably.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  18. #18
    <something> Wynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a Hill
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    3,910
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ahahahaha, the bane of IXI wifehood and motherhood. Always advising, never being listened to
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

    Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

  19. #19
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ti creative types see Ti as something that can be manipulated for their use. They're aware of Ti structures and either use them to their advantage or decide that they're bullshit and ignore/challenge them.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  20. #20
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    Discuss the differences you've seen between Ti creative (XLE) and Ti base (LXI). give examples.

    How does Ti dual-seeking (EXE) manifest itself, specifically? What exactly are they after? Examples would be helpful!
    Ti base are pigheaded, like and advocate and follow rules / laws, speculate a lot about things, see connections that are pretty far fetched, paranoid and perfectionists when unhealthy.

    Ti creative, i don't know, don't really make an impact.

  21. #21
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    For a more concrete example of Ti, consider a logic tree. A good example of a logic tree exists in Linguistics. When breaking down the structure of a sentence you start with the basic phrase, break that down to clauses which can consist of noun clauses, verb clauses, adjective clauses and prepositional clauses. Next you can break every clause down to sub-clauses and sub-sub-clauses and eventually down to the individual parts of speech verbs, nouns, adjectives, adverbs, pronouns, prepositions, conjunctions and interjections. Certainly, each part leads to the next, but Ti breaks it down into a complete structure. An LXI will be more concerned with studying the parts to establish an over-arching law, and an XLE will create a law to understand the parts.
    I like this a lot, and your description of LXIs definitely correlates better to my own personal incorporation of Ti.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  22. #22
    Executor MatthewZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    TIM
    Ne-LII
    Posts
    800
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    Ti base are pigheaded, like and advocate and follow rules / laws, speculate a lot about things, see connections that are pretty far fetched, paranoid and perfectionists when unhealthy.

    Ti creative, i don't know, don't really make an impact.
    The description above misses the LXI essence of attempting to OPTIMIZE the rules. Ti base is more content to replace an obsolete or inefficient rule with a superior one. An LXI needs to see a rule as appropriate before advocating it/following it A Ti creative might be more inclined to merely find a flaw in a rule but not motion to find a replacement.

  23. #23
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    A well-constructed device (meaning well-organized) can bring a Ti-leading type pleasure in the same way that a well constructed sentence (meaning well-organized) can bring an Fe-leading type pleasure (or any type, but I hope you see the connection).
    I think I see what you're alluding to here. I can relate to the feeling of a well-constructed sentence, as a sequential embodiment of a structure in motion. I think it has to do with Fe 'hitting' all the relevant 'angles' within a Ti structure without sacrificing dynamic effectiveness. Ti egos appreciate this quality; it reassures them that the contained system they have constructed can unfold in an objective form.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

  24. #24
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  25. #25
    EffyCold thePirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    TIM
    ??
    Posts
    1,897
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    You and mn0good make a good team so far because she knows an EIE likes to heard big words, even if empty of meaning (her mother is EIE).
    thats a little uncalled for, you dont need to insult a whole group of people to make your point
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

  26. #26
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  27. #27
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  28. #28
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    It probably is, the problem is that I wanted to show that he doesn't really master this theory and, connected to the problem of her type, Gilly actually poses as a democratic leader who has friends in each quadra, but he actually has a full contempt towards the Alphas. He doesn't hold himself to support the opinion that mn0good is an example of an alpha Alpha who he appreciates, to be able to dismiss mock what others have to say. Neither labcoat or Khola are in reality Alpha, while the rest are crap in his opinion.
    You sound like some kind of psychological conspiracy theorist here.

    Yes, that conclusion he praised artificially was wrong, this is why I have attacked them here: basically xLE don't create any systems law - they are actually Irrational - but use their Ti to undrstand through connections how the potential (Ne) or strength (Se) of the objects compares with each other.

    Edit: next mn0good will say that she said the same thing as me and I am actually a troll who wants to take on her with every occasion.
    I hate to be the one to say it, but what you've said and what Vero did ARE highly similar. Understanding through logical connections how potentials measure up vis a vis devising some situational law wherein potentials are understood (particularly where this process is conceived as ephemeral, suiting whatever happens to be present at the time, and towards whatever interesting aims are at hand) are more or less synonymous phrases. Now I know English is not your native language, and that you take a lot of pride in your assertions, but seriously dude. Seriously.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  29. #29
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  30. #30
    ._. Aiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    TIM
    IEI
    Posts
    2,015
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    Some thoughts that Ni people have: let's not start with this, it will bring us nowhere. Or how politics are doing is only going to turn out bad, cause these people will not like it and won't cooperate, so it's best not to go that direction. Entering a bar and noticing, this is going to become a brawl tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    Ti base are pigheaded, like and advocate and follow rules / laws, speculate a lot about things, see connections that are pretty far fetched, paranoid and perfectionists when unhealthy.
    Methinks some people would call these Ni thoughts paranoid. And yes, that's partly what I meant by "how things change".

  31. #31
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    fyi, mn0good's mother is ILI, not EIE.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  32. #32
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    Gilly admonished me earlier that I am not right because "I don't have as many posts as them". Hear that, reason . Is there something to add?
    ACTUALLY, YOU MENDACIOUS FUCK, I SAID YOU HAD NO REASON TO QUESTION WHETHER OR NOT THEIR ABILITY TO RELATE TO EACH OTHER IS VALID BECAUSE THE REASON YOU POSITED AS A POTENTIAL ESCAPE ROUTE, BEING THAT THEY *MIGHT* NOT HAVE SPENT ENOUGH TIME AROUND EACH OTHER TO BE ABLE TO JUDGE, IS RIDICULOUS BECAUSE THEY HAVE BOTH BEEN HERE FOR LONGER PERIODS OF TIME THAN YOU AND HAVE INTERACTED TOGETHER FOR YEARS BEFORE YOU EVER KNEW EITHER OF THEM. THAT IS NOWHERE EVEN FUCKING CLOSE TO 'ADMONISHING YOU EARLIER THAT YOU ARE NOT RIGHT BECAUSE "YOU DON'T HAVE AS MANY POSTS AS THEM.'" WANNA TALK ABOUT FUCKING REASON? QUOTE ME PROPERLY, FAGGOT. JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU CONNIVING PIECE OF SHIT, I'VE HAD IT ABOUT UP TO HEAR WITH YOUR TWISTING OF WORDS AND UTTERLY DISINGENUOUS BULLSHIT. YOU FUCKING MAKE ME WANT TO BREATH FIRE. YOU THINK YOU ARE SOME KIND OF ALMIGHTY PASSIVE-AGGRESSIVE JUDGE OF RIGHT OR WRONG ON ANY LEVEL RELEVANT TO YOUR SOCIONICS TYPINGS IF YOU CAN WRAP IT IN A LITTLE FUCKING BOW THAT YOU HOPE FLIES UNDER THE RADAR, BUT IT FUCKING DOESN'T, YOU JUST LOOK LIKE A FUCKING STUBBORN IDIOT, AND THE SOONER YOU REALIZE THAT, THE SOONER YOU MIGHT ACTUALLY BE ABLE TO REFINE YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING AND ACTUALLY FUCKING GRASP WHAT THE FUCK EVERYONE ELSE AROUND YOU IS TALKING ABOUT. CHRIST ALMIGHTY.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  33. #33
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    See, all people here at the 16types are a little bit crazy. No one of us is normal. We must accept that.

  34. #34
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  35. #35
    EffyCold thePirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    TIM
    ??
    Posts
    1,897
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    fwiw, I personally like you and JuJu because you both take socionics seriously and obviously care about spreading the correct knowledge to other people. It just seems like the way both of you go about it is very alienating to alot of people here; the way you guys convey information is prone to start confrontations or arguements. atmospheres like that generally aren't the most conducive to learning, and obviously with people of all 16 types around, theres bound to be disagreement and such, but it just gets silly when it reaches a certain degree.

    theres something called a student mindset, its what it sounds like, approaching a topic like a student would, 'I have knowledge but theres still more to learn' (which, lets face it, pretty much everyone on here can do with refining their socionics knowledge). what you and JuJu take is more of a masters mindset, basically 'I have this all figured out, I'm here to teach you' which comes off condescending and IMO probably is deterring your own learning aswell. it does create a gap between people that is generally more annoying, than beneficial, to work with
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

  36. #36
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think Pinnochio takes socionics seriously on an intellectual level, whereas JuJu only takes it seriously insofar as it inflates his self-image. This is why pinnochio doesn't annoy me. He is also very logical, so even if his posts are dogmatic at times, the substance of most of his ideas can't be ignored. Also, the attitudes toward conflict are different: pinnochio doesn't care how people feel about him; JuJu is ceaselessly attuned to it.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

  37. #37
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  38. #38
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    Thanks man, I appreciate your objectivity. I actually care about what people feel or think about me, just that I can't let that interfere.
    Yeah, that's cool. Some people would use the former as a pretense to ignore the latter.

    So, about the topic, sorry to interrupt. Umhh... what do you think about the traveler/cartographer example?
    I think it works -- sheds light on the basic motivations for the respective Ti egos; namely, accumulating information to systematize completely and utilizing conceptual structure to actively organize external variables.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

  39. #39
    Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    POOPLAIR
    TIM
    Alpha NT 5w4 so/sx
    Posts
    4,399
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    I think Pinnochio takes socionics seriously on an intellectual level, whereas JuJu only takes it seriously insofar as it inflates his self-image. This is why pinnochio doesn't annoy me. He is also very logical, so even if his posts are dogmatic at times, the substance of most of his ideas can't be ignored. Also, the attitudes toward conflict are different: pinnochio doesn't care how people feel about him; JuJu is ceaselessly attuned to it.
    I agree, and I don't mind him likewise. It's fun to argue with him because I can allow myself to be more dramatic like he will do lol
    OPERATION POOPLAIR

    Now conscripting, for more information come here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...48#post1003048

  40. #40
    Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    POOPLAIR
    TIM
    Alpha NT 5w4 so/sx
    Posts
    4,399
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    Thanks man, I appreciate your objectivity. I actually care about what people feel or think about me, just that I can't let that interfere.
    In the enneagram you'd definitely be 6w5. The inquistitor.
    OPERATION POOPLAIR

    Now conscripting, for more information come here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...48#post1003048

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •