Threaded View

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SEEs-ESFps being flaky with friendships

I have to admit that while reading SEE descriptions can help me predict how they might act it still does not help to understand why they do the things they do. I have never met a more frustrating type. I think it has to do with the fact that I can become good friends with them and with the closer psychological distance comes more EP vs IJ problems.

I just don't understand some things about them... with one particular SEE it seems like we are good friends from my perspective and from other people who see our interactions perspective. It seems as though some days he acts like we are good friends and then will suddenly one day act as if we are no closer than other friends he sees every once in a while. And then he picks up a few days later as if he never treated me any different. He thinks that it is acceptable to purposefully not invite me to hang out with a group that he organized even though I would never do that to him. That as an isolated incident wouldn't bother me but it is part of a larger trend.

Also confusing to me is how he can act like he is good friends with everyone when with them but privately reveal that he likes to hang out with them somewhat. Or how he can change his opinion one day thinking someone is gross and he doesn't want to hang out with them at all and the next day think they are okay and acceptable to hang out with. I don't understand how he can hang out with someone who treats him pretty crappy just because they used to be better friends. It all just makes me wonder what he really thinks about me. If our friendship is real or not. For me, it is easy to see if I am friends or good friends with someone and often times I will give a good friend more preference than someone who I hang out with every once in a while. It does not seem to be this way with him though. Also my opinions on people are relatively stable unless they do something to change it but his seem to vary for no reason at all. I just don't get it.
    Last edited by Bardia; 01-19-2010 at 10:57 PM.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0