Thread: A little Loving Gift from socionicscom

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A little Loving Gift from socionics.com

“Hmm...if you're an ENFp, go for an ISTp if you can. There are tons of benefits to this relationship in particular. For one thing, an ISTp would help balance your tendency to spread yourself too thin emotionally, while you could help the ISTp learn to give emotion a bit more freely...even if it's just to you. An ISTp could also stop you from going bankrupt in an attempt to fund your whims, but at the same time keep you from getting bored. After all, they love spontaneity and excitement...you'll help stave off their boredom, too. ISTps are very unlikely to get annoyed with mess (they're messy), and they have this remarkable ability to stay emotionally close to you and still give you space when you need it. They take mood swings in stride, and don't really have mood swings themselves...unless they become overwhelmed or feel pressured by something...which can happen, even if they try really hard not to show it. You'd instinctively be able to give an ISTp what they need if that happened. Oh, and they're really good at helping you put things in perspective if you become overwhelmed by something. They'll probably be quite amused by you at these times. Expect teasing. Which brings me to another reason why you should look for this type: they're funny. I mean, very funny. Not everybody will get their strange and intelligent humor, but you will, and they'll love you for it. And arguments with them are short lived, if they occur at all. *blinks* Right, I'm sure you get the idea. I just don't think you'd find that kind of ease in a relationship with any other type, if you're an ENFp". -- Dusty, ENFp

"Go for the ISTP type, although we are difficult to spot as talked about in another Q&A posting. I am an ISTP and every time I see a posting by an ENFP I fall in love. ENFPs understand us and in turn we will give ourselves to you more than you dreamed possible. Yeah, yeah, there's that shell to break through, but trust me when I say it is not difficult for ENFPs to break through the shell of ISTPs simply because we love your personality so much. You are outgoing and affectionate and have such a keen intuitive understanding that you can see right into the soul of ISTPs. We love that. We like when others understand us because we do not find much satisfaction in showing our true selves directly. We'll find indirect ways like creating art or tossing out odd and intellectual humor. What I love about MBTI and socionics is that it celebrates you, no matter your personality. To that I say, be the ENFP that you are and ISTPs will naturally be attracted to you. It really is the best fit and you’ll know that because you won’t have to try very hard once you start dating an ISTP." -- an ISTP
    Peggacorn
    ENFP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bah humbug.

And I want whatever antidepressants you're on.
    IEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome.

I'd love to try the ISTp variety, especially knowing that we've actually got something to offer them.

The problem comes in finding ISTp women.

But this town is chock full of Thinking women, so, I mean, a few of them have to be ISTp, right?

A man can dream..
    IEE-Ne | ENFP | 4w3-6w7-9w1 so/sp/sx | sCoA|I| | Sanguine/Choleric | Benevolent Inventor

birthday frog wishes you a happy birthday
    birthday frog will give you presents and a card on your birthday
    birthday frog is Fe incarnate

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for the snarky remark Rainbow Sprinkles. You're incredibly sweet. I was in a foul mood, ironically the result of getting tangled up with yet another SLI.

SLIs and I do get along amazingly well, without even thinking about it. But so far I haven't found that to be enough for them. It's nice that you have one who appreciates you like that.
    IEE

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTps are boring

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone else really hate it when people use the term "we" when describing how their type supposedly acts? It's really annoying. I am not you and you are not me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually came across that post a long time ago, and remember the line about them falling in love w/ our posts. I really liked that idea. I doubt that's always true as I'm sure many-a-SLI have rolled their eyes at my posts, but I think we should keep alive the idea, even if not true. It's a myth I like.

Duality is strange, but I like it.

But the vanishing SLI thing is not always true (as I had read, and also experienced with a SLI long ago who had all kinds of excuses). Anyway, I'm constantly surprised that my SLI bf wants to hang out a lot. Probably more than most of my ex's. I find I need to go out more than he does though, so will go to parties or things and leave him alone, and he gets the introvert energy while I'm gone, but he wants me to come back which is nice. Usually guys seem to forget I exist fairly often, so that is nice.

It's definitely different, as I'd dated more extroverts in the past and we'd go to constant parties and events and shopping, etc. things. But the other day I went to get dinner with my friends and left him alone and he wanted me to come back after, and was waiting for me, and that was nice .

Good point Jessica that we are all individuals (though I honestly sometimes like being lumped in w/ the rest of the IEEs, especially if they are ones I like, like most all of the ones here, minus anyone who cusses at me).

And TinyDancer, good thing you know he's not the one so you can find the right guy now. I've had that happen so many times and it suuucks (for the time being), but so much better to find someone who is right. You seem like such an awesome person I'm sure there will be lots of interest in you.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awwww... But jessica, we love you.

It's true - not all people do exactly the same thing, but I think even their range of behaviors is influenced by their type and its particular strengths and weaknesses. So if it's something that I suspect is connected to my type or have observed in other people, then I use "we". I'd like to be an IEE who doesn't do stereotypical annoying IEE things, but guess what: I have all those traits and then some. And even if I'm working on them, I think I still do them to some degree.

Oh, you're talking about that thing up top. Meh. Whatever. Maybe that was the Queen of England.

I doubt that's always true as I'm sure many-a-SLI have rolled their eyes at my posts
    HA! Yeah, seriously. I don't think I've said one thing of merit ever since I've joined this forum. lol I actually think SLIs would hate a good many of my posts since I emotionally vent here, as I have no IRL outlet for it.
    IEE