Thread: Beta Manipulation

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Beta Manipulation

Say some one has something you want (emphasis on want and not need, I.E. something that would make you happy or would be nice to have). Specifically control over another individual. And some one is jokingly teasing you with their possession of the thing you want. How would you respond?
    Easy Day

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indifferently.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    Indifferently.
    The question was more or less directed at the Se egos, for reasons I would assume are somewhat obvious lol
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    Say some one has something you want (emphasis on want and not need, I.E. something that would make you happy or would be nice to have). Specifically control over another individual. And some one is jokingly teasing you with their possession of the thing you want. How would you respond?
    You beat the shit out of them and take it back. . .
    I just feel like I've done something to make you think that I care about you, like what you do or say. . . For that I am sorry

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, perhaps a better question. How long can I make a SLE jump through hoops? And what happens if I accidentally get them through one hoop to many?
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, perhaps a better question. How long can I make a SLE jump through hoops? And what happens if I accidentally get them through one hoop to many?
    I don't think you can make them jump for that long. At first I think they would do it mostly because they don't really care, but after a while I believe they would have the mind set of something along the lines of, "Ok what the hell are you doing, and why am I doing this." you would then go on to say because I don't think you can do it. Then after that challenge I don't think you could get them to stop. . . .
    I just feel like I've done something to make you think that I care about you, like what you do or say. . . For that I am sorry

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder how easily SLEs see that they are jumping through hoops.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd laugh it off and take the controlled individual to be a weakling and not worth bothering with anyway. To be honest, I've always shied away from suck-ups and ass-kissers. Why would you want some gimp following you around?

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My natural reaction would be to be slightly annoyed while internally scheming how to get what I want... My learned reaction would be to let it be, and not want, etc. That's Buddhism--and it's easier said than done.