Thread: Enneagram type 6w7

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Enneagram type 6w7

There seems to be something really special about this type. My old roommate was one. It's my head fix. It's supposed to be the *most* human of all enneagram types. They're the least know-it-all of the head fixes and I think that's due to the fact that they have the least confidence. In a way they are their own worst enemies. 6w7 is supposed to be one of the most likable type. They consciously make themselves seem nonthreatening and unimposing.

What are your experiences like with 6w7s?
    The saddest ESFj

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can also tell when I have switched to my 6w7 fix because whatever I write is often very random and confusing. It's like I just gotta get this off my chest, so just bear with me while I say everything that runs through my head.
    The saddest ESFj

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by electric sheep View Post
    It's supposed to be the *most* human of all enneagram types. They're the least know-it-all of the head fixes and I think that's due to the fact that they have the least confidence.
    Bah, yea because us 5's are inhuman robot/lizardmen who want to logically assrape you with our thoughts.

I haven't met any, but I've know 7's and 6's.... never been obvious to me that I've ran across a 6w7, but I've considered the combination, and what I'd imagine is that the combination of the loyalty the 6 has with the easy-going positive attitude of the 7 makes the type an ideal person to just hang out with and a fairly intelligent person also, and I believe in some description either 6w7 or 7w6 is known as "the buddy".

I have never focused alot of attention on this type, but if any one has some additional insights or descriptions they could post in that would be most excellent.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the logic of 5s can seem very detached an inhuman sometimes. That is, once I realized what a 5 was (and that I wasn't one).

It's hard to explain exactly why they're the most human, I suppose. They're incredibly easy to talk to. They tend to wear all their flaws and insecurities on their sleeves for everyone to see. They aren't trying to impress anyone. They're just so down to earth and real that you can't help but like them. The eternal underdog. Everyone's best friend. Gentle and endearing. The 6w7.
    The saddest ESFj

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mmm. Once in awhile I feel the latent w7 in me pick up. I'd be more socially at ease, and probably less concerned with having an intellectual monopoly in conversations if I was w7.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just realized Linkin Park is a 6w7 band, or at least the lyrics are very 6w7ish. He sings a lot about his uncertainty and how much tension it creates.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb4njbfr4dU[/ame]
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkeCvsXka0c[/ame]
    The saddest ESFj

Creepy-male

I just realized Linkin Park is a 6w7 band, or at least the lyrics are very 6w7ish. He sings a lot about his uncertainty and how much tension it creates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb4njbfr4dU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkeCvsXka0c
    I'll definitally agree they are Thinking Triad, there is a whole element of angst/dread/anxiety/tension in their music. I am not sure what types the musicians are and I am not sure what exact type most of their music embodies; but I definitally don't see much 7. Seven's are very positive, witty, bright (both mentally and personality), and have a good sense of humour and zest for living - I picture the 7's energy as sort of orange, bright, not neon bright, but smooth and bright, sort of pastel like... Lol I have a new idea for a topic!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why are you bringing up 7? This is 6w7.
    The saddest ESFj

Creepy-male

Why are you bringing up 7? This is 6w7.
    I know, but w7 adds a "7 flavour" to the 6... I don't see that "7 flavour". Then again I haven't studied the 6w7 in depth, so please if you have some insight, share it lol.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well 6w7s express their anxiety much more than 6w5s, so they end up calling a great deal of attention to themselves at times and making a scene, being antagonistic, what have you. Linkin Park shows the darker side of 6w7--every type has a darker side--and they probably have some sx first drama going on.
    The saddest ESFj

Creepy-male

Well 6w7s express their anxiety much more than 6w5s, so they end up calling a great deal of attention to themselves at times and making a scene, being antagonistic, what have you. Linkin Park shows the darker side of 6w7--every type has a darker side--and they probably have some sx first drama going on.
    yea possibly, I really haven't studied the 6w7.

The difficult part about the 6w7 (for me) is the 6 is serious and the 7 is light-hearted... how do these conflicting elements combine to form a coherent persoanlity? That part I haven't discovered yet.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You're overthinking it. Seriously it doesn't matter. Just find something that you're good at that can be proven in the physical world. =D Even if it's something small. Who cares, at least it's real, you know. Not just head junk.

Only saying this cause it helped me.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    You're overthinking it. Seriously it doesn't matter. Just find something that you're good at that can be proven in the physical world. =D Even if it's something small. Who cares, at least it's real, you know. Not just head junk.

Only saying this cause it helped me.
    Well I don't know if ur addressing me or the topic, but "overthinking" is what I do, its not overthinking to me though you must understand, I am interested in mastering all this stuff, you know being an expert on it, exploring the world of each type and what they are about, its like tasting different dishes at a resteraunt, I find it fun, other people find it overanalytical, but thats their perogative, there is no pre-set level of thinking, the level is determined by what works for you, and well frankly, my level of thinking works for me, and it is my hope that I can share some of my thoughts and insights to others with a similar passion for knowledge on the subject.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here are some famous 6w7 so/sp that come to mind. They are the 6w7 I identify most with, the self effacing awkward funny nerdy guy.

The saddest ESFj

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whats the difference between 6w7 and 7w6?
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7w6s are more entertaining, 6w7s are more likable.
    The saddest ESFj

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7w6s are always trying to stay one step ahead of their fears, while 6w7s try to get people to help them through their fears.

If someone has 6w7 in their trifix, it gives them a certain endearing quality. It makes an already likable core type (like 9w8) even more likable and brings a less likable type (like 1w2) down to earth. It's like they don't trust their own thought processes, so they're less bull-headed.

For me, It's like I have some kind of split personality where I can be this ridiculously nice guy and go through all kinds of lengths to help you, and other times I take on that pedantic "you should be able to help yourself" attitude. It's only when I get really irritated, so the 1w2 anger suppression is there.
    Last edited by electric sheep; 01-26-2010 at 01:41 AM.
    The saddest ESFj

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

of course, 6w7s can be very dense sometimes, and if you aren't on their list of people to be trusted, you might as well be talking to a wall.
    The saddest ESFj

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7w6s are always trying to stay one step ahead of their fears, while 6w7s try to get people to help them through their fears.
    Until they learn that 99.99% of people suck at giving advice. Then they spend their energy on helping themselves and ignoring advice as much as possible because it helped dig the hole deeper.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good advice. Kinda like that day you realize 90% of your teachers in primary/secondary school were full of shit.

Are you reading this Coolanzon?
    The saddest ESFj

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think alpha SFs are almost exclusively 6w7 fixers. If it's not their main type, then it's probably in their trifix.

of course that says nothing about other types that are 6w7 fixers.
    The saddest ESFj

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think alpha SFs are almost exclusively 6w7 fixers.
    what? you mean that its their main type?

if so, LOL, no.

if you meant fixers as working as relaxers for said enneatype, thats a different matter
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well there's 6w7s, like you, and then there are those with 6w7 in their trifix, like me. 6w7s lack confidence in their own thought process, so they look to others for guidance. I think that's a natural alpha SF thing.

Again, this says nothing for other types that are 6w7s. There are many ways to express 6w7, but alpha SFs I think all have that in common.
    The saddest ESFj

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well there's 6w7s, like you, and then there are those with 6w7 in their trifix, like me. 6w7s lack confidence in their own thought process, so they look to others for guidance. I think that's a natural alpha SF thing.

Again, this says nothing for other types that are 6w7s. There are many ways to express 6w7, but alpha SFs I think all have that in common.
    lol, I dont really delve into the whole trifix thing. theres more to the 6 than just lacking confidence in their thought proccess, thats pretty common across the board for anyone at one time or another. I mean I guess, tbh I have a hard time seeing it. I think your taking bits and pieces of info out of context, and I can see how it would apply, but lets take one alpha sf - isfp - who generally tend to be 9s. The amount of analyzing I do, and that sixes I know or am familiar with do, is generally incomparable and incompatible with their life philosophy.

thats what Ive found to be true as of now, anyway.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well if you don't want to get into trifix, then don't worry about it. When I say "6w7 fixers" I mean "either 6w7 as main type or 6w7 in trifix". So I'm thinking that a SEI that's 9w1 would have 6w7 in their trifix. Plenty of SEIs have 6w7 as main type too.
    The saddest ESFj

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've tested as a 6w7, sx/sp I think.. I read that instinctuals can make a big difference. I don't really see myself in someone like Michael Cera or Zack Galifawhateverhisnameis.. other than I can be pretty unsure of things. Maybe on a good day I'm funny about it, but it comes natural to them it seems.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE 6w7 sx/sp...

Henry Rollins?
    The saddest ESFj

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh..maybe. Henry's pretty awesome yet neurotic in a way, I know that much.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

There seems to be something really special about this type. My old roommate was one. It's my head fix. It's supposed to be the *most* human of all enneagram types. They're the least know-it-all of the head fixes and I think that's due to the fact that they have the least confidence. In a way they are their own worst enemies. 6w7 is supposed to be one of the most likable type. They consciously make themselves seem nonthreatening and unimposing.

My mother is a primarily phobic 6w7 sp/so and she comes across as very likeable and nonthreatening just as you mention. She worries alot about societal norms and what the general public thinks of her. She worries alot about physical safety-- things like walking in the dark alone at night and driving in the rain. She's terrified of going to certain websites for fear of identity theft. She refuses to get a Facebook account, for example, even though you can adjust your privacy settings so that only selected people see your stuff.

She's got a wonderful sense of humor and likes to gently tease other people she knows well and feels comfortable with. She is highly intelligent but she isn't all that intellectually oriented.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, I'm glad I'm not that. Sounds more crippling than anything I experience. I'm sx, and have some paranoia sp-wise, but I think I'm mostly counterphobic. In some respects, I'm not. I barely hit up some areas at night anymore, after getting a gun pulled on me. Fucking buzzkill. Before that, I was counterphobic, but I've regressed.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Electric Sheep, you like them so much because they´re your integration points - a kind of 'dual' in the Enneagram system, except that integration is not necessarily the best match for love affairs although this happens often. I mean, your integration point is someone you will feel very good with, but the person will be pulled to his/her disintegrating point.

in this example you´d push that person towards point 3 which would probably ruin his/her life, but you would get better because you´d get more characteristics of point 6 which is your integration.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm where did I say I like them? I've had serious problems with a few very cowardly 6w7s. My old roommate being one of them.

The only thing I told him was to stop beating himself up over little shit, to chill the fuck out and stop turning everything into a big argument. Yes, I'm sure I ruined his life.
    The saddest ESFj