3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Water is the only perfect thing in the world

But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-male

Most water lacks fruity flavouring. Juice is the only perfect thing in the world, especially in crystalline popsicle form.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you think of love, Gilly?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cranberry juice is the great healer.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hear the water in Lake Erie is awesome.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Saturn View Post
    What do you think of love, Gilly?
    It's good.
    Last edited by Gilly; 02-19-2023 at 08:48 AM.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If water is so perfect, then why does it allow for the imperfection known as hydronium?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So does that mean every human is 2/3 perfect?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So does that mean every human is 2/3 perfect
    That makes a strange sort of sense.

People are asleep for one third of their lives.
    People are rude and sociopathic for about one third of their lives.
    People mostly do the right things, but are going to make mistakes 1/3rd of the time

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to think that either nothing is perfect or everything is. Depends how you look at it.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well if you look at things from such an 'eagle-up' view, where everything just looks like a black dot, then it's bound to look perfect. But also really boring.

Like here's you waaaay up in your thoughts, and here's all of the universe in one tiny period:

The Universe does indeed look perfect from this perspective. But also looks boring. Eventually you're going to want to come closer and see what lies underneath the label and perfection.

So therefore, yes *everything together* is perfect, because existance itself is perfect, all together there is no fight or contradiction, all of nature as one. The more you zoom in, though, the more you have to be comfortable with imperfection, and the predator/prey cycles of life.

And that will be $50 please, for my latest self-help book. =p

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But things on small scales are easier to control, and are thus more likely to approach perfection. The "big unit" or whatever is only perfect because it is perfect by definition, because it could not possibly be any other way; perfection is attained by control and precision, which only happens in total alignment on a small scale; otherwise it takes too much energy to maintain.

Under cerulean skies...

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    So does that mean every human is 2/3 perfect?
    How come the statistic regarding how much of the human body is comprised of water has steadily gone down over the years? I swear 10 years ago it was about 94%.

Creepy-male

Nothing is perfect.... ENTROPY MUST BE MAXIMIZED.... the SECOND LAW OF THERMODYNAMICS MUST BE OBEYED!

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, for that it can creep.

Seriously though, I really like water. When I was a tiny child, one of my favorite activities was "washing dishes" which sounds utterly ridiculous to me, until I realized that "washing dishes" meant "playing with water and cups," which sounds magnificently fun.

On the other hand, water also makes up tsunamis.

But yeah, water is an easy thing to make hay out of. ha ha.

Yes, there are pockets of lesser entropy, and that is what we would call perfection on the microlevel, but because of the dualism of being, the macrocosm is both perfect and hell. Happiness lies in the election of the consciousness (there's nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so). This is just much more difficult than the self-help books would suggest.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    Nothing is perfect.... ENTROPY MUST BE MAXIMIZED.... the SECOND LAW OF THERMODYNAMICS MUST BE OBEYED!
    Maybe the second law of thermodynamics is part of the cycle that's part of the whole of everything that is perfect?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    But things on small scales are easier to control, and are thus more likely to approach perfection. The "big unit" or whatever is only perfect because it is perfect by definition, because it could not possibly be any other way; perfection is attained by control and precision, which only happens in total alignment on a small scale; otherwise it takes too much energy to maintain.
    But the universe already works according to precise laws - just not laws that we wrote. Doesn't this precise adherence to the natural laws render it perfect?

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    But the universe already works according to precise laws - just not laws that we wrote. Doesn't this precise adherence to the natural laws render it perfect?
    Yeah that's kind of what I said, but it also makes it kind of a copout, because really it couldn't be any other way, given whatever initial circumstances, etc.

Under cerulean skies...

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From some limited perspective yes, but most anthrocentric (or for that matter, ethical) perspectives would not accept the universe as perfect so long as natural disasters and such occur, to say nothing of the troubles of human beings, who consistently obey natural laws but are not consistent on almost any others.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water is a great solvent for chemical reactions in organisms living on earth.
    asd

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Maybe the second law of thermodynamics is part of the cycle that's part of the whole of everything that is perfect?
    Maybe what I wrote was me not being entirely serious

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    From some limited perspective yes, but most anthrocentric (or for that matter, ethical) perspectives would not accept the universe as perfect so long as natural disasters and such occur, to say nothing of the troubles of human beings, who consistently obey natural laws but are not consistent on almost any others.
    Then, we conclude that perfection is subjective (in the specific vs. universal sense)?

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

air > water
    The saddest ESFj

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by electric sheep View Post
    air > water

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think there's some air hidden in that pollution.
    The saddest ESFj

Creepy-male

Ok in all seriousness I wouldn't say water is the only perfect thing

Water though can be described as Pure, Refreshing, Clean, Clear, and so forth.

This all due to its role for life that we perceive it as all those things, we understand it to be vital, essential, and rejuvinating; it really is an essential ingredient to life and all because of its chemical properties it has that is crucial to our biology.

But uh perfect is a little, I dunno, I picture perfect as in extremely well ordered, like a crystal at absolute zero. Water is far from that, but it does have this sort of purity and refreshing quality.

The funny thing is people don't look at ice and steam exactly in the same light as water. Steam still seems pure and all, thats why people like it in saunas and such and ice seem clear and crisp and refreshing, like being on a mountain with snow... but ice also seems frigid, harsh, and cold... steam seems smoothering, hot, and humid.

What are the 5 orginal greek elements? Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, and Cosmos?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

air > water
    Which kind? Hydrogen?

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath View Post
    Water is a great solvent for chemical reactions in organisms living on earth.
    It breaks Ionic bonds and creates electricity too, and I just fucking learn that shit today.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which kind? Hydrogen?
    The breathable kind. I guess air isn't really perfect because it changes in composition over time. Water is always going to be water (unless you run an electrical current through it). But I can live a couple days without water--not without air.

Then, we conclude that perfection is subjective (in the specific vs. universal sense)?
    all words were created by humans, therefore they are all subjective.
    The saddest ESFj

Creepy-male

all words were created by humans, therefore they are all subjective.
    sure but that kind of defeats the point of language, its designed ideally to be coherent, that the word you say can be understood at some level by another person, actually beyond language communication itself in all its form is an art, its a skill to be able to transmit information as fast and accurate as possible.

An example of the challenges one faces to becoming a master communicator is cultural interpretation, saying something like "I am proud of my accomplish" to some 40 years tough ex-marine warhawk kind of guy is going to be interpretted positively, while saying something like "I am proud of my accomplish" to an ultra religious catholic priest/monk who preaches about humility and the sin of pride is going to bring up red-flags. So cultural factors are only a peice of the puzzle to communicating... its subjective, thats the point, its trying to get a feel for where the other party is coming from and connect with them.

For more interesting stuff, consider foreign languages, I have this theory about them, that they have a sort of "spirit" to them that the language contains some hidden information concerning the cultural traditions and values of those that speak it.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    For more interesting stuff, consider foreign languages, I have this theory about them, that they have a sort of "spirit" to them that the language contains some hidden information concerning the cultural traditions and values of those that speak it.
    They definitely have information about that in the information-theoretic sense, though I think you'll need to include some other (equally complex) variables in order to get the redundancy needed to understand it.

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

Creepy-male

They definitely have information about that in the information-theoretic sense, though I think you'll need to include some other (equally complex) variables in order to get the redundancy needed to understand it.
    please elaborate; but what I was basing my statement on was after playing closer attention to the literal translations and etymology of certain words in different languages and even the style and word order and ryhthmn of languages, the ryhthmn and pace at which information is transmitted to other people.

Consider for example something simple like in german how they will use articles just like in english... ein Mann:a Man.... however in german you can also negate something by saying... kein Mann.... there is no english article that is really exactly equivalent to this, you could say "kein Mann" means "No Man" but that would be lacking because in german No (Nein) is different than Kein... they are two different words, two different ideas, two different concepts with different unarbitrary situations they are used in. Also their is the word "nicht" that can be positioned rather creatively to negate the meaning of a sentence to mean the opposite or counter-point of your statement. Also they have two words for but, both aber and sodern, sodern is used to convey the idea of "but rather" its used when the first part of the sentence conveys one idea and the second part of the sentence conveys the opposite of the idea. Alot of the style of communication is very logical and concerned around alot of talking about what isn't as much as what is.... not all of it, but there is a definite number of words, ideas, concepts, and phrases that just this kind of expression. It reminds me of this person I know that occasionally asks "Is this not true?" when they are trying to prove something...

I don't know this is all a bit rambling but hopefully someone can pick up what I am trying to say, or more likely someone will tell me I am a complete idiot and that I don't understand the german language ... which is all too often what happens... I was on gmod and I said "Ich kann deutsch" and someone who was an english speaker was all like "I can german... thats so stupid, thats not proper german.... hahahahah".... the funny thing is that its actually the way that some people in germany talk and its in a way that doesn't correspond directly to the english language... people are great... so fucking hipocritical, sometimes I feel hopeless to explain the simplest things to them, its just like they are blind, but their resolve is so strong that it occasionally makes me think for a second they could be right, but rarely have I ever been taught something valuable by a person screaming at me calling me an idiot, but what do I do besides defend my point? Unfortunately I am not so skilled at promoting my ideas and convincing others and selling my ideas to others, I should be all like "dude bro, thats shits retard, you can get laid if you say ich kann deutsch instead of ich spreche deutsch... ich spreche deutsch sounds gay bro" that would convince people.... fuck sorry for rambling... lol this has nothing to do with languagE! gah....

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perfection.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Creepy-male