Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 68

Thread: Khola's typethread

  1. #1
    I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    3,535
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Khola's typethread.

    Ok guys, just doing a tempcheck on peoples' opinions really. I'll give you what I can.

    I got these results from this test (http://www.sociotype.com/test.php):
    Sociotype: ESE

    aka ESFj, The Enthusiast, and Ethical Sensing Extrovert.
    Other Possible Types

    IEI (85% as likely as ESE)
    SEI (84% as likely as ESE)
    EIE (76% as likely as ESE)

    And here is a personal rundown in my own writing for you:

    I tend to value what I perceive to be Alpha groups of people. I like the people I hang around to be accepting - eager to tolerate a wide range of personalities so that I can watch how people tick. I like to feel safe in my friendship groups. Ideally I'd like to have a fairly large friendship base that I can maintain the emotion and relationships of and be available to anyone who needs to talk about emotional and interactive difficulties in their life. This both fascinates me and makes me feel as if I'm doing something worthwhile in my life. I feel that the more I can take in of different peoples emotional reactions to things, the more I can feel how a wide range of people feel and therefore create more harmony and fun.

    I enjoy organising get-togethers and have some success with it. I have had large-scale laser tag surprise parties for friends, lots of house parties, that sort of thing. I'm not so big on going out to clubs and pubs - I prefer atmospheres where people are familiar but there is perhaps a 50-50 split of people I do and do not know. I also like to have between 3 and say.... 6 or so really close friends that I can share emotional life issues with when I need to (I hate bringing my personal issues into a wider group), talk about their issues and help them feel through them until they are confident and have come to their own conclusions because I have helped them tease out how they feel and of course have fun with - fun in the sense of going out and surfing, LANs, but mostly big high-energy team games (I ADORE laser tag and also go in for a bit of go karting and love to play on piano and sing (sometimes I'm really shy about the singing, needs liquid encouragement) and basically share these sort of events with others and have an opportunity to learn that also makes the other person/people feel valued and part of a team that is family-like in nature.

    I'm very loyal and protective of the emotional state of my close friends (inner circle) and have often been known to heavily self-sacrifice to protect the people I love the most, even to the point of complete social outcasting or personal harm if I feel a person has been put at risk or intentionally attacked, either by another or themselves. Saying that, I hate to act on behalf of people and will only do it in extreme cases where I feel physically uneasy about doing so but my need to keep the person from harm prevails. I see this as one of my major potential flaws - I feel I damage friendships and relationships because I mobilise very quickly if a threat is perceived.

    I'm confident that a lot of Fe is involved in my personal character. I think I am alpha, the people I connect best with overall on this forum are generally alpha with a few delta and betas in the mix on either side.

    I also have a quiet side. I love going out and about and seeing and meeting people but am often overwhelmed if it goes on for more than a few days in a row. In the same sense, I find full time study/work exhausting and can become quite on-edge around people if I do not feel as if I belong and have to be in an environment where I only feel safe in showing my positive side and putting off a friendly, positive, fun loving attitude all the time. I can then become very quiet and aloof and prone to awkward outbursts, which is incredibly frustrating because it is the opposite of what I want to share with people. I am a loving person. In such situations I feel a need to get away and will immerse myself in music, cook, hole myself up in my room napping and sporadically talking to close friends on msn about how I feel and what they are up to for a bit of distraction in between (and because at that point I feel very guilty for being self-centered and want them to feel appreciated and special too). If I am very stressed I may remove myself from people completely and begin work on writing, drawing or play a song I connect with on piano until I feel I can "deal" with being around people again. I am a highly anxious person. I fear not having a safety net of genuine care and I am incredibly loyal. I tend to be very honest, but careful in my wording so as to be gentle and focus on growth for people in what I say to them.

    Occasionally an offhanded comment or joke I blurt out will piss someone off and it will blow into a drama of avoidance and backstabbing type aggression from them. Things like this cause me a great deal of stress and I almost obsess about returning everyone to a sense of harmony to reunite the group when this happens. This usually involves organising group activities of a physical nature to allow people to enjoy themselves as they slowly allow more emotion back within the group. I find this can backfire a lot, and when it does I can become angered from an ethical standpoint and can often retreat into myself further. These are worst case scenarios.

    I would ideally like to have a personal life where I have a stable, playful and open-minded larger group of friends who muse over philosophy, art and science, while also having a much smaller personal circle of friends that I feel I can share my deeper emotions with and use as a sounding board to legitimise the choices I have already made in my own head, as well as these people being able to share the load at times in terms of organising social outings and parties.

    In a partner I really need someone who will be able to drag me out of my funk and get me out and about again when I become too internalised - get me out socialising again. I also need someone who is more stable and logical than I am, but at the same time almost hard to pick - someone who can hold my interest but also give me a more logical and steadfast stable point from which to bounce my little social-creative world off of so that I don't end up crashing down over something emotional when if I'd looked at things more steadily I might've done better. I also need someone who can look at long term realisation of goals. I need someone who is quite boisterous and unpredictable but also strong and stable with a bit of common sense. I find this confusing because one almost contradicts the other. I need someone who is a bit of a joker and a shitstirrer. I am very good at knowing what I want for my life and what would fulfill me, and very bad at sticking to one path and following it through to completion. In contrast, I am brilliant at keeping others on track in their life goals and keeping them in a good emotional state to succeed - I tend to self-sacrifice in that area. I'm terrible with money. I can budget well, but I never stick to it. I'm a great cook. I am very playful but I also have a usually hidden and extremely serious side. I hate first impressions because I feel that I often come across as awkward. There is always more than I can learn, I read all of this and see many areas in need of improvement.

    Also, there were far too many commas in that paragraph. Ugh! I use the word 'I' too much. I'm sorry. :/

    If you want more, there are examples of personal feelings and emotional expressions of my feeling during personal/social situations and values (I guess) within my blogs here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blogs/khola/

    VI links (may be removed later):



    (bottom left)



    these are all pretty recent. Some are only days old.

    Some of my artwork:







    Vocation-wise I have been working in the Design, Proofreading, Desktop Publishing field but am now moving on to study Psychology because I want a career that makes me feel like I'm doing something of worth to the world where I can connect with people when they need me, it forces me to be more outgoing, and it means I might be able to afford my own place one day (not about the money, more about a sense of independence/freedom and also having my own little haven to decorate and be at home in).

    (sorry if pics are big it's like 3am and I just wanted the stupid things to work already)

    What am I?
    Last edited by Khola; 01-14-2010 at 04:39 PM.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .



  2. #2
    <something> Wynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a Hill
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    3,910
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That time of the year, eh Bee?
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

    Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

  3. #3
    Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    POOPLAIR
    TIM
    Alpha NT 5w4 so/sx
    Posts
    4,399
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't think poor enfj and infp even stood a chance
    OPERATION POOPLAIR

    Now conscripting, for more information come here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...48#post1003048

  4. #4
    I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    3,535
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Those aren't concise answers!! (Halp, *blushes*)

    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .



  5. #5
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Is this question really being asked? SEI-Fe.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  6. #6
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You are SEIIIII
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  7. #7
    Creepy-male

    Default

    SEI III: Trippple Terror.

  8. #8
    I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    3,535
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coolanzon View Post
    SEI III: Trippple Terror.
    Does that make you SEI II: Electric Boogaloo?

    GDI WoW server why1?!?! Now I have typed this drivel instead of dinging. >.<
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .



  9. #9
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khola View Post
    Does that make you SEI II: Electric Boogaloo.
    I was actually referring to the fact that there are 3 Fe-SEIs terrorizing the boards.

    This was also because I forgot about Mune, PC, and BG.

  10. #10
    I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    3,535
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coolanzon View Post
    I was actually referring to the fact that there are 3 Fe-SEIs terrorizing the boards.

    This was also because I forgot about Mune, PC, and BG.
    And also Jem....and Dolphin? Dolphin what are you?

    We are, in fact, amassing. There should really be a cull or something, before we start reproducing and overunning the place. There will be potholes everywhere otherwise. We are becoming busy little bunnies. This is definitely not good.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .



  11. #11
    Currently God Brilliand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    4,246
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khola View Post
    And also Jem....and Dolphin? Dolphin what are you?

    We are, in fact, amassing. There should really be a cull or something, before we start reproducing and overunning the place. There will be potholes everywhere otherwise. We are becoming busy little bunnies. This is definitely not good.
    The Alpha NTs will enjoy the end of the world.



    LII-Ne

    "Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

    Johari

  12. #12
    Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Canada's Prairie Farmland
    TIM
    C-LII
    Posts
    2,647
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Based soley on your description I wouldn't be able to narrow it down beyond Alpha SF, but in your photos you do seem more reserved and less outwardly expressive than I would expect an ESE to be. So I therefore agree with the common consensus: SEI.
    Quaero Veritas.

  13. #13
    I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    3,535
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    The Alpha NTs will enjoy the end of the world.
    For some reason I just got a mental image of that guy who chose how he got to die in Monty Python's 'The Meaning of Liff'. It's 5am. I think it's time for bed now.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .



  14. #14
    the Omniscient Nexus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    TIM
    INTp
    Posts
    1,408
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


  15. #15
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khola View Post
    And also Jem....and Dolphin? Dolphin what are you?
    Ah yeah, and Jem and Dolphin. Fail

  16. #16
    RSV3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    190
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Add one more vote for SEI.

  17. #17
    ILE - ENTp 1981slater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Spain
    TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Posts
    4,866
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default x

    I haven't read anything Khola posted. I don't have to. She is Fe-ISFp.
    END OF STORY
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

    To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

  18. #18
    Marie84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    2,359
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    wow you look almost identical to my SEI best friend from my highschool days, almost doppelgangers

    btw your artwork is incredible, very talented
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

  19. #19
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Is this for real? I think Khola has started even more type threads than I and they always end with the same result as all the other ones. Seriously, why?

  20. #20
    I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    3,535
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Is this for real? I think Khola has started even more type threads than I and they always end with the same result as all the other ones. Seriously, why?
    I see the world as extremely dynamic. Sometimes I get caught up in myself so once in a while I like to make an effort to reconnect with peoples' POVs. I'm usually pretty sure of how everyone feels, but I like to ask and confirm anyway. That, curiosity and boredom
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .



  21. #21
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I do it all the time too, no worries. But people don't entertain me anymore as all I ever get is SLI.

  22. #22
    Creepy-male

    Default

    I love how my typethreads always pop me out as something different.

  23. #23
    I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    3,535
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You are indeed the reincarnation master of type threads.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .



  24. #24
    <something> Wynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a Hill
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    3,910
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It is kind of fun to make new type threads. But it's pretty anti-climactic if nothing particularly interesting comes out of it. I'm tempted to make my own just to whore up some drama when pinocchio posts in it

    I feel like I need a dirty old argument.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

    Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

  25. #25
    I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    3,535
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    It is kind of fun to make new type threads. But it's pretty anti-climactic if nothing particularly interesting comes out of it. I'm tempted to make my own just to whore up some drama when pinocchio posts in it

    I feel like I need a dirty old argument.
    What can I say...........you read my mind
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .



  26. #26
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    I feel like I need a dirty old argument.
    I'm right here, baby.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  27. #27
    I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    3,535
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't like the cut of your jib sir, you're on.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .



  28. #28
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,945
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Are those kangeroos or wallabies in that drawing?

    And...do they hold some deep spiritual significance for you?
    EII-Ne
    5w4 or 1w9 Sp/So

  29. #29
    <something> Wynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a Hill
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    3,910
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    I'm right here, baby.
    Eh, what are we going to argue about? Certainly not feminism, since your self-imposed ignorance isn't worth my time
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

    Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

  30. #30
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  31. #31
    I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    3,535
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I liked it better when you decided you were quitting this forum. Whatever happened to that?
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .



  32. #32
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  33. #33
    I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    3,535
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ok, two things to add here:

    1. You came back here for me? I don't need you sitting on my shoulder. Wait.....you came back to help...me? What? o_O

    2. You talk to your girlfriend about me? Ummm......why would you do that? Wouldn't that be a bad idea?

    I.....wow.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .



  34. #34
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  35. #35
    I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    3,535
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think that a couple of people on the internet will probably not convince me of anything, although I'm interested to hear opinions that differ from mine all the same, as long as is doesn't become too dramatic

    I feel that I know myself well and that SEI is a good representation of myself.

    You're a perplexing one, I get a very Te vibe from you and would be tempted to call you LIE, but I'm curious all the same.

    It just seems to me that your blunt expressions of who you think others are and the black-and-white reasons why that would be so feels out-of-line with the feelings of others that you may inadvertently hurt others in your process of proclamation as a result....and that makes me want to get defensive on behalf of the group.

    At the same time I think that there probably are advantages to your method of knowledge sharing, it just makes me personally want to scream at times. As a result, I would assume some level of Te. I'm interested to see what others think and also to know what you yourself think your statements are a representation of in terms of socionics. For example:

    "I looked over your blog. You are too self-centered to be an SEI. This rather confirms me that you're an SEE (maybe IEE)."

    My immediate reaction is to read that and get angry that you are calling me self-centered on a public forum, as if it would pertain to selfishness. But I check myself and look at your previous posts and then guess that that is probably not what you were trying to portray.

    Then I think yes, I do talk about myself a lot, and I'm incredibly introspective. But wouldn't that mean I'm trying to resolve things by withdrawing into myself, thinking about them alone, coming to a conclusion and then expressing that emotionally after I felt a level of enlightenment on the subject myself, in order to see the resonance it has with others and enjoy the playful exploration of it within a group?

    Does that not show as the actions of an introtim? Is the later expression not an example of creative Fe? Is the motivation not, in fact, the quest 'to understand'?
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .



  36. #36
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  37. #37
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    PS: I'm trying to emulate Te-Creative, short and concise phrases without speculations, to be able to better communicate with you. Hence your Te vibes.
    If I was reading Bee's post correctly, the "Te vibes" are coming from the fact that you're quite willing to state your opinion and piss people off with total disregard for the fact that you are, indeed, pissing people off and picking fights. (I think this is a misunderstanding about how weak Fe manifests in Te types.)

    Anyway, I don't think that's the result of Te. There are many belligerent Merry people on the forums, such as crazedrat and strrrng, for instance. I think the only thing one could attribute to Pinnochio is his having a great deal of confidence in his ideas, and perhaps little respect for those of others. If you dislike him, you'd probably call that arrogance.

    For the record, I don't really have an opinion on you, Pinnochio. I'm not really sure how you use socionics, and I'm inclined to skip discussions where you make an appearance anyway, due to their often combative nature.

    As an aside, I think people are more prone to things like contempt and anger on the internet, a bit because of the anonymity, a bit because people are a little less like fellow human beings here.

  38. #38
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  39. #39
    I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    3,535
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    I am self-centered as well, in the same manner as you. We, the Extroverted Irrationals are like this. You are too demonstrative to be SEI, you feel the need to express yourself.
    SEIs don't feel the desire to be remarked with something.

    PS: I'm trying to emulate Te-Creative, short and concise phrases without speculations, to be able to better communicate with you. Hence your Te vibes.
    BUT I DON'T LIKE IT >.<

    Also you're wrong and fuck you because it's my birthday and I said so!
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .



  40. #40
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •