Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Early risers, night owls, and socionics types

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Early risers, night owls, and socionics types

which socionics types are early or late risers?
    today is a gift, that's why its called the present

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    which socionics types are early or late risers?
    Seems likely. Si, the comfort seekers, are known to need their sleep.
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think it's type related. I need and love my sleep. My FeSi husband is a restless sleeper and needs much less sleep. It *might* have something to do with energy levels and dopamine and stuff like that?

Oh, but to answer the question: I suppose I'm more of an early riser than a night owl. My LII friend is very much a night owl and so is an IEI friend of mine.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post
    Seems likely. Si, the comfort seekers, are known to need their sleep.
    But how is that related to what time of the day they are awake?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am technically an SI polr and also an Sp instinct last on Enneagram. it does show in my everyday affair, especially when I was younger I have horrible time keeping in touch with my body and what it needs to function at the best optimal level. So i usually crash at the end and get nothing done. now a day I protect my polr better and just little changes in life like stop smoking, stop or slow down your action periodically definitly results in better work at the end. as opposed to unwanted breaking night because I don't feel the sensation of how caffeine affects my sleep. I regret it a lot now that my body programs night as day, and been like that since 12 since I sleep at 8am and wake up at 6pm for a decade. It's like it's program like this no matter how hard I tried to switch this body clock. it is physically unable to allow me to, resulting in so much miss opportunity in life.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    But how is that related to what time of the day they are awake?
    Good point. I tend to be early-to-bed, early-to-rise, but I do get my eight hours. Which eight can depend on many factors, job, family, school schedules, etc.
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    I am technically an SI polr and also an Sp instinct last on Enneagram. it does show in my everyday affair, especially when I was younger I have horrible time keeping in touch with my body and what it needs to function at the best optimal level. So i usually crash at the end and get nothing done. now a day I protect my polr better and just little changes in life like stop smoking, stop or slow down your action periodically definitly results in better work at the end. as opposed to unwanted breaking night because I don't feel the sensation of how caffeine affects my sleep. I regret it a lot now that my body programs night as day, and been like that since 12 since I sleep at 8am and wake up at 6pm for a decade. It's like it's program like this no matter how hard I tried to switch this body clock. it is physically unable to allow me to, resulting in so much miss opportunity in life.
    Yes, you are a visionary.

Creepy-male

I need 10 hours of sleep a night. So, just by virtue of sleeping a lot, I'm a late riser. Weirdly, I'm almost always most alert straight after I wake up then go back to needing to sleep real bad ~6 hours after I wake up if I can't take an hour's nap in the afternoon. After that I wake up again in the evenings before getting mired leading up to bed.

I am a very, very sleepy person, most probably because I'm rather sedentary.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    Yes, you are a visionary.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to go to bed relatively early, and wake up relatively early, but I usually always get around 8-7 hours of sleep per night. In winter, I might go to bed at 10 and wake up at 6 (well, let's say november-february). During the summer (or, better, warm season - march-october), I sleep at midnight and wake up around 8. So, I think I can be classified as early bird.

I can't sleep late, it's basically impossible for me. The only way I can sleep past, say, 10-am is by going to bed at 6 am.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never sleep. That's not true, but I generally do stay up very late. Going to sleep before midnight is unusual for me. Going to sleep after 2am is not. Besides those general boundaries, I can swing heavily to the stay up late side (there was a point during my last semester where I didn't go to sleep before the sun came up for a week), and I can swing to the go to be early side (during Christmas break, I got into a sleep at 10-11, up at 5-6 pattern, which was horrific).

I would vote for Si-valuing = likely to need sleep (more like Si-ego = likely to sleep decent hours, because Ne-egos are likely to be night owls, especially as young people, imo), but also Se-egos and Ti-egos can have very firm bedtimes because they've determined that they prefer specific sleep and wake times. I'd say intuitive and feeling types are most likely to stay up late, and sensory and thinking types are most likely to go to bed early (although within that, Fi is probably the most likely to go to bed on time of the N's and F's, and Se is probably the least likely to go to bed on time of the S's and T's).
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Creepy-male

My bed is probably LII. It's definitely a relationship of attraction, and we totally don't get much done in the outside world.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am naturally a night person. I think the schedule that is most comfortable to me is going to bed around 2 and getting up around 10:30-11. I am a person that needs my full 8 to 9 hours to function completely haha but I can do a few days in a row with 5 or so hours and still function. My energy levels are strange though. I feel most energized in the morning when I wake up and at night. I crash between 2-4, and if I didn't get enough sleep before I sometimes take a short nap.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm both, really: I go to bed late, usually between 12-2, later when I feel like it, but I'm always up before or around 8 am. I very rarely sleep later than 10 am.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny, I was talking to dinki about wishing I could sleep between 11am and 7p-8m.

I love the early morning and I love the night. The midday-afternoon period is so boring.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to Phaedrus, there exists strong correlation between Irrationality and night-owlness. The correlation exists, but it's not nearly as strong as he wishes it to be.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    But I am a night person. :looks at clock: or morning person, depending how you see it.
    Your life is so very interesting

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to be a night person, but I'm trying to make my sleep schedule more regular for the sake of health/school.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I know two SLEs who can't sleep in. My SLI mom and my LII brother stay up past midnight and sleep in late. My SEI brother and I go to bed neither early nor late, but he likes to sleep in and I only sleep in if there's nothing else to do in the morning.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a night owl

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My sleeping clock is pretty erratic. I hate routines and feelings like I have to go to bed at a certain time and wake up each time.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember that when I first joined the socionics.com forums I was castigated for calling myself an INFj who was not an early riser.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arctures View Post
    I remember that when I first joined the socionics.com forums I was castigated for calling myself an INFj who was not an early riser.

Prometheus/Phaedrus?
    IEE-Ne

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by somavision View Post
    Prometheus/Phaedrus?
    That's the one.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

well Phaedrus was the one that strongly adhered to a theory about sleeping habits and types...

can anyone find a previous thread where people revealed their types + sleeping habits? (I can only find an Alpha one and an INTp one at the moment)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IEE-Ne

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think it's really type related. I'm sort of both or either (depending on my schedule), but overall more of a night owl I suppose.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i stay up to 7:00am, ussually it's round 4 in the morning and my heads stiil yawning

ENTP
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a morning person who needs very little sleep. I am up-up-up in the morning (7-8), tempted to sleep around 1 until 5, and then awake until 1-2. ENTP/ILE/8w7

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    I don't think it's really type related.
    Agreed. If anything, it's probably somewhat related to instinct stackings.

I basically prefer the night to all else, because it feels more relaxing and 'accepting' (as opposed to invasive sunlight...). Early mornings can be pretty cool though (blankets of mist and such), so my ideal sleep schedule would basically be to pass out during the day and wake up in the evening. Well, I already do that, and it gets boring, but telling myself that it's ideal makes me believe there's something interesting I'm missing.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng
    I basically prefer the night to all else, because it feels more relaxing and 'accepting' (as opposed to invasive sunlight...)
    I personally find sunlight energizing, not invasive.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are a lot of factors that influence this. During adolescence your circadian rhythm shifts, also, time zones and what people's jobs require (i.e. what they get used to) and also what they consider late. For example:

I go to bed late, usually between 12-2
    I don't consider this very late (it's 3:18 am right now where I am).
    Stan is not my real name.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    tonight, I'm a night owl. tomorrow, I'll be an early riser. fluctuating is a way of life, my loves.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I can't sleep late, it's basically impossible for me. The only way I can sleep past, say, 10-am is by going to bed at 6 am.
    Same

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I personally find sunlight energizing, not invasive.
    Yeaaaaahh: LAZY PEOPLE OF THIS WORLD, GET ADDICTED TO NRG, DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME SLEEPING

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t89jwnE4OJQ[/ame]
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Invasive sunlight? What are you a vampire? I hope your taking vitamin D in the winter. The invasiveness is your body and brain saying WAKE UP! It's natural to the circadian rhythm.
    Anyhow I'm not going to say that I don't stay up late at night or have a good sleep schedule....because I don't. Modern lighting and electronics suck. As does alcohol. I'm fairly certain these are to blame for a large part of shit sleeping. And unless I'm outside during winter all day the low intensity sunlight keeps my sleep schedule bouncing around. My solution always seems to be lots of vigorous exercise but thats hard to pull off, especially when you have a stupid job.

Edit: as evidenced by today... I went to sleep at 2 or 3am and woke up at 6 and couldn't go back to sleep. I'm going to run as soon as soon as I stop being a wimp an it gets a little warmer.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jughead View Post
    Invasive sunlight? What are you a vampire? I hope your taking vitamin D in the winter. The invasiveness is your body and brain saying WAKE UP! It's natural to the circadian rhythm.
    health advice. yuck.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    tonight, I'm a night owl. tomorrow, I'll be an early riser. fluctuating is a way of life, my loves.
    same here.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, I think that Ni dominants can more often stay up late and be nocturnal, because of Se-seeking/Si-role: doesn't want to call it quits, dislikes early deadlines (like when people leave or say they're going to sleep), strives for more action and awake time because they just can't get enough or don't feel complete in their day's adventure, without their dual.

Niffweed's Si-role description also says something aligned with this.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know a couple of Se dominants who are often up all hours of the night doing work or whatever. *shrug* me, I need my sleep.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I am an early bird, up sometimes anywhere between 4 and 6:30. I love morning walks for coffee or tea.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast