Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Matthew - SLI?

  1. #1
    Executor MatthewZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    TIM
    Ne-LII
    Posts
    800
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Matthew - SLI?

    In short, I was reading through the descriptions on wikisocion and felt something of a connection to the SLI description. From the perspective of the Renin Dichotomies I've looked at, SLI isn't too unreasonable.

    Thoughts? Anecdotes on the differences between SLI and LII?

  2. #2
    jaZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I also once thought I was LII for a time, until an ESE I know described the LII as a living, moving calculator. Everything that goes in comes out as something tangible and there is little room for ambiguity (hell, once I even heard an LII I know say that 'theoretically if we know enough, we would be able to predict the outcome of the collision of any two 'something-or-others'. I think he said particles or some shit). SLIs would have more difficulty accepting that there is one outcome/solution/way of going about things, which would probably explain their receptiveness to Ne, but are still decent at Ti. I think to LIIs there is an ideal, and to SLIs there is a 'meh, mebbe, idk'.

    And if you want to take the SLI's Si into account, just evaluate whether or not you look like this most of the time: , because LII is more like
    Feels gewd to be an ISTp

  3. #3
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaZ View Post
    And if you want to take the SLI's Si into account, just evaluate whether or not you look like this most of the time: , because LII is more like
    Until the LII gets Fe, at which point they're

  4. #4
    Executor MatthewZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    TIM
    Ne-LII
    Posts
    800
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well, theoretically, we could. With our understanding of forces in motion and the physiology of particles, it's possible. I'm not too sure about what quantum mechanics would like to say, however. QM can be the "random" element of the universe.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,834
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewZ View Post
    Well, theoretically, we could. With our understanding of forces in motion and the physiology of particles, it's possible. I'm not too sure about what quantum mechanics would like to say, however. QM can be the "random" element of the universe.
    I haven't seen many of your posts, so don't have an opinion about you yet, but I can give my two cents about the differences between those types .

    They are both very logical, so I could see there would be confusion between which you are. The stereotypes also say both are efficiency focused, fairly organized, critical of others, somewhat cheap, etc. -- not sure why I'm listing mostly bad qualities, but maybe it'll be easier to type yourself using those, as everyone can have the good qualities . (If you're LII the lack of logic in the previous sentence will bother you more than it will an SLI, who may find the lack of logic amusing.

    For LII it's more about having ideas sorted, organized and decided. Things in order. Organization is kind of fun for LII. Disorganization is a real annoyance. Things are done with a purpose. Puzzles make LIIs feel good because things are being placed into the correct spot. Fun is likely planned fun. "Be spontaneous" may be written on the calendar, but a plan is more fun because that way you know what's going to happen and can have more time to think of interesting ideas, formulate some theories, and find a way to shave off 32 cents from a purchase. LIIs are a lot of fun though and can be very witty, amusing, confident, social, but it's in a very intellectual way. Things are decided. The week is planned, the list of important phone numbers is on the fridge (and color coded/maybe in alphabetical order). Once decided, it's best if plans don't change as doing that is just annoying. Best to stick with the plan, or to change it slightly, but not throw the whole plan out -- it was a good plan. Contingency plans are important, and something SLIs are not big on. Also, "if this, then that, then this other thing" thinking. "If he forgets the key, then I may be stuck in the rain, so I'd better bring an extra umbrella. In fact, if he doesn't show up I'll call my friend so and so and go to her house, so I'll text her just in case." A SLI will think of those things if and when the situation happens and think of them quickly, but advanced planning really isn't needed.

    For SLI, ideas are also clearly decided but in a very changeable way. What they are adamant about this moment, tomorrow they may have changed their mind on if they got new information, read a new news article about it that clarified things,etc.--and making this change won't be a big deal and they probably won't mention it (where as that change of thought to a LII will probably be infuriating, or at least amusing and something they'll want to discuss at how bizarre that it wasn't the way they'd thought originally, and isn't that funny/amusing haha!) A LII will be slower to change their mind -- they will, but their opinions are more set with Ti and harder to change (requiring lots and lots of evidence over time -- not as fluid as the SLI who uses Te where "nothing is forever"). SLIs can also be anal about organization (but leave things in a pile the next day). For SLI, plans are "maybe." Even decided plans are "unless I don't feel like it at the last minute." It's not a big deal to completely scrap the weekend plans and do it another time, or decide the 5 year plan makes no sense so forget it, or whatever. The LII will change a plan, but in a very careful way, much slower than a SLI would change it.


    ----------------
    Ok, having typed that, you may feel drawn to either completely disagree with me on many points (and perhaps give me some advice, clarify some logical errors, make some distinctions, bring up something I've left out, etc. -- which would point to LII). Or you would be amused and would only teasingly say something or give some facts, or you might distill 1-2 paragraphs in a sentence or two, but not immediately feel very bothered that I'm totally wrong and it needs to be corrected ASAP, which would point to SLI.

    Hope that helps!
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

  6. #6
    Executor MatthewZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    TIM
    Ne-LII
    Posts
    800
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Of course, assume your dual is going to be the one to find your whole post amusing.

    You make LIIs sound rather anal, put bluntly. Don't hate on your PoLR or else I might have to choose LII just so I can get over there and supervise you a lesson.

    Nothing wrong with changing plans or adapting to new data as it comes in. The system is in constant need of being optimized, and when opportunity comes to do so, it is to be utilized. Call me a Dynamic if you want, but the situation is constantly evolving and what doesn't keep up doesn't thrive.

    I do have a slight tendency towards contingency planning. It's much more mind easing to be prepared for all possible scenarios than to have one general tool set to tackle anything. (although such a set can be a very useful backup in the even that the normal mechanisms fail) It's more of using anticipation as a coping mechanism than anything. That, and it's not fun to waste vital resources, such as the amount of time I DON'T have to spend outside of my wifi-supplied lair.

    I can change my own plans whenever I want. If I think something is going to work better, I'll do. Of course, someone else changing mutual plans bothers me. If everything has been planned and is going according to plan, then there isn't too much need to jeopardize the plan. There was very clearly an agreement and I'm going to hold another person to it. (albeit with some slight leniency in the even that words were interpreted slightly differently) I'm open to compromise if we both decide that we don't want to do it, but commitment means commitment. There are pardonable mistakes, but if something is uncertain it should be left flexible.

    That being said, almost all of my organization is mental. I seldom keep a day planner and only recently have started using a calender application for managing dates, dental appointments, etc. Other than that, I get a feeling of being defeated if I schedule my time away. Being able to move time around a lot makes every moment feel like every-so-wonderful free time. I could schedule my life away, but I'm not a robot. I have my general environment suited for my ability to enjoy what I'm doing.

    In short, I'm anal with organization when interacting with most others. With myself, I let myself "off the hook," if you will.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,834
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewZ View Post
    Of course, assume your dual is going to be the one to find your whole post amusing.

    You make LIIs sound rather anal, put bluntly. Don't hate on your PoLR or else I might have to choose LII just so I can get over there and supervise you a lesson.

    Nothing wrong with changing plans or adapting to new data as it comes in. The system is in constant need of being optimized, and when opportunity comes to do so, it is to be utilized. Call me a Dynamic if you want, but the situation is constantly evolving and what doesn't keep up doesn't thrive.

    I do have a slight tendency towards contingency planning. It's much more mind easing to be prepared for all possible scenarios than to have one general tool set to tackle anything. (although such a set can be a very useful backup in the even that the normal mechanisms fail) It's more of using anticipation as a coping mechanism than anything. That, and it's not fun to waste vital resources, such as the amount of time I DON'T have to spend outside of my wifi-supplied lair.

    I can change my own plans whenever I want. If I think something is going to work better, I'll do. Of course, someone else changing mutual plans bothers me. If everything has been planned and is going according to plan, then there isn't too much need to jeopardize the plan. There was very clearly an agreement and I'm going to hold another person to it. (albeit with some slight leniency in the even that words were interpreted slightly differently) I'm open to compromise if we both decide that we don't want to do it, but commitment means commitment. There are pardonable mistakes, but if something is uncertain it should be left flexible.

    That being said, almost all of my organization is mental. I seldom keep a day planner and only recently have started using a calender application for managing dates, dental appointments, etc. Other than that, I get a feeling of being defeated if I schedule my time away. Being able to move time around a lot makes every moment feel like every-so-wonderful free time. I could schedule my life away, but I'm not a robot. I have my general environment suited for my ability to enjoy what I'm doing.

    In short, I'm anal with organization when interacting with most others. With myself, I let myself "off the hook," if you will.
    My guess would be LII. Are you still considering or have you decided what you think you are?
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

  8. #8
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That guy from mythbusters with the baret and moustage is probably an LII.

    He's precise, thouroughly and competent. Next to that a bit eccentric...

  9. #9
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I highly doubt it, myself. More like an ISTp or INTp. INTjs aren't generally that unanimated.

  10. #10
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    I highly doubt it, myself. More like an ISTp or INTp. INTjs aren't generally that unanimated.
    Oh oke. I wasn't that sure, but he seems to have some typical traits of Ti leading type. He's really systematic in his approach. And he has better ideas then that funny partner. He has a big resume and builds robots in his spare time. He does seem to have the IJ temperament, maybe ISTj then...
    Last edited by Jarno; 01-08-2010 at 10:00 PM.

  11. #11
    Executor MatthewZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    TIM
    Ne-LII
    Posts
    800
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Since my first introduction to Socionics I always thought I was an LII. Considering SLI was my response to finding a description that fit well enough to not be discarded easily, deserving at least some degree of investigation.

  12. #12
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    Oh oke. I wasn't that sure, but he seems to have some typical traits of Ti leading type. He's really systematic in his approach. And he has better ideas then that funny partner.
    Te creative versus Te Demonstrative?

    Walrus: "I'm going to make something quickly and without waste that's sure to work."
    Crazy: "WOO CRAZY IDEAS FUN WOOOOOOOOOO. I'm also crazy."

  13. #13
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jewels
    For LII it's more about having ideas sorted, organized and decided. Things in order. Organization is kind of fun for LII. Disorganization is a real annoyance. Things are done with a purpose. Puzzles make LIIs feel good because things are being placed into the correct spot. Fun is likely planned fun. "Be spontaneous" may be written on the calendar, but a plan is more fun because that way you know what's going to happen and can have more time to think of interesting ideas, formulate some theories, and find a way to shave off 32 cents from a purchase. LIIs are a lot of fun though and can be very witty, amusing, confident, social, but it's in a very intellectual way. Things are decided. The week is planned, the list of important phone numbers is on the fridge (and color coded/maybe in alphabetical order). Once decided, it's best if plans don't change as doing that is just annoying. Best to stick with the plan, or to change it slightly, but not throw the whole plan out -- it was a good plan. Contingency plans are important, and something SLIs are not big on. Also, "if this, then that, then this other thing" thinking. "If he forgets the key, then I may be stuck in the rain, so I'd better bring an extra umbrella. In fact, if he doesn't show up I'll call my friend so and so and go to her house, so I'll text her just in case." A SLI will think of those things if and when the situation happens and think of them quickly, but advanced planning really isn't needed.
    I get the general impression that you have us mistaken with ExTj types. In any case you end up not describing me very well. Just thought I'd let you know.

  14. #14
    Executor MatthewZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    TIM
    Ne-LII
    Posts
    800
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    I get the general impression that you have us mistaken with ExTj types. In any case you end up not describing me very well. Just thought I'd let you know.
    Do you happen to have an alternative IxTJ description?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •