Thread: Type Correlations

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type Correlations

Ok I started this so we can note/debate all kinds of random type correlations we have noticed. I'll start the ball rolling.

Has anyone else noticed that xxFPs tend to send all kinds of spam, chain letters, and "encouraging messages" your way via email/IM? It seems like FPs especially are afraid of being decieved and lied to but at the same time they have difficulty telling what is true so they pass these things along "just in case."

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your ESFP mom sending you that crap too?? :wink:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The two male ISFPs I know are always sucking something... usually thier thumb.
    INTJ/ENTP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get these chain letters from one ESFJ fellow not from ISFP girls. ISFP girls are just one of the sluttiest women of all women and that's all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    Your ESFP mom sending you that crap too?? :wink:
    Actually it's my ENFP brother, an ESFJ guy, an ISFP girl, an INFP girl, and I've heard complaints from friends about an ISFP friend. Also I have noticed similar activities in real life that relate to the above with people who I believe are xxFPs. My mom is ISFJ.

Ok here is another one. It seems to me that people who like to read the most are:

IxFPs
    IXFJs

Anyone else notice this?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

//

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok here is another one. It seems to me that people who like to read the most are:

IxFPs
    IXFJs
    That's funny, you will never, ever find a book in my ISFj father's hands. But he is one hell of a mechanic.

Ok, now:

- INFjs have horrible memories.
    - ISFps do the exact same things I do: bite own nails, chew on things, get into "absent-minded" bouts often, don't pay attention in Physics class.
    - ESFps can't pay attention, ever.
    - INTjs can't eat when their ISTj and INTp friends put sexually-perverted images into their minds.
    - ISTjs have their good ole' "screw you" kind of attitude.
    - ESTps obsess over work and 'doing things right'.
    - ENTjs have an excessively morbid sense of humor.
    - INFps never stop reading.
    - ENFps - not sure.
    - INTps subconsciously try to attract attention to themselves, which can give them a weird and annoying humor.
    - ENTps look like they're constantly stoned.
    - ENFjs talk very loudly--very, very loudly.
    - ESTj females can dress really 'hot' and the like--damn... :wink:
    - ISTps think they know everything.
    - ESFjs...not going to go there.
    - ISFjs can get anyone to pity them.

Good enough, then.

Your INTp friend,

Cone
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting... I can cooberate the ISFJ comment but I can eat with disgusting things being discussed because I can mentally block the images. I also have a very dark/morbid sense of humor.

Ok here is another one:

ExTJs can have a very fake kind of pseudo that they like to flash around for who knows what reason that is annoying as hell. This is especially applicable at parties and when they're telling jokes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha SFs tend to gulp air like a fish when they are really excited and talking at the same time. It's kind of an annoying sound.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    ENTjs have an excessively morbid sense of humor.
    - INTps subconsciously try to attract attention to themselves, which can give them a weird and annoying humor.
    - ISFjs can get anyone to pity them.
    Ive noticed all of this too!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFP's are always paranoid about being called a slut. If you say the word strut or something that sounds like it... they will be like... did you just call me a slut? I think it has to do with their lack of sensing and how they don't realize how others see them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    That's funny, you will never, ever find a book in my ISFj father's hands. But he is one hell of a mechanic.

Ok, now:
    Cone I am sorry, but I seem to be in the mood for deconcstructing everyone of your posts. This one does not seem to fit my observations very well. They may well be correct in individual cases, but you can only generalize when you have a large number of observations. I hope you bear with just a few comments.

- INFjs have horrible memories.
    No, on the contrary, generally I have an excellent memory, sometimes I may though "happen" to forget a few things....
    - ISFps do the exact same things I do: bite own nails, chew on things, get into "absent-minded" bouts often, don't pay attention in Physics class.
    - ESFps can't pay attention, ever.
    No, I have met both ISFPs and ESFPs with excellent powers of concentration. This theory of yours would rather seem to follow from some MBTI theories.
    - INTjs can't eat when their ISTj and INTp friends put sexually-perverted images into their minds.
    You have interesting friends. I envy you.
    - ISTjs have their good ole' "screw you" kind of attitude.
    Or they can be very dedicated, caring and hard working. There are all kinds of ISTJs.
    - ESTps obsess over work and 'doing things right'.
    ESTP women can be the ultimate "power dressers". They know how to make a very professional impression.
    - ENTjs have an excessively morbid sense of humor.
    Many do, many don't. Pointless nitpicking, but since I got started...
    - INFps never stop reading.
    Same goes for many INFJs, perhaps even more so...
    - ENFps - not sure.
    I like ENFPs, mirror partners can be very like-minded - only all the things I struggle with seem to come so naturally to them...
    This one I have noticed too.
    - ENTps look like they're constantly stoned.
    Some do, but some are much more visibly present in this world. I would say that very high intelligence usually comes with high powers of concentration.
    I would rather go with Slava's Type/Voice correlation, but may well be true in some cases - my ENFJ grandma comes to mind. She cannot hear very well anymore, but I remember watching some old home videos and she was very loud indeed...)
    - ESTj females can dress really 'hot' and the like--damn... :wink:
    Oh dear, where can I meet ESTJ women like this? :wink:
    - ISTps think they know everything.
    Yes, but some of them can be surprisingly shy about demonstrating their erudition.

Good enough, then.

Your INTp friend,

Cone
    So far, so good. Keep up the good work.
    "Arnie is strong, rightfully angry and wants to kill somebody."
    martin_g_karlsson

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFPs - don't wear enough make-up.

ISFJs - wear far far too much make-up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok here is another thing we can try to correlate to type. I was talking with a friend about a song and I couldn't remember the name so he told me to mimic it. I said it goes like dun de de den de de dun dun dun and he knew what song i was talking about but he said it went more like t tt t tt t t t. Is there a correlation to stuff like that like what parts of the beat you focus on or whether you listen to the melody or the rhythm or the high pitched sounds or low pitched sounds or whatever? By the way the friend is INFJ.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I'm coming down with a fever - I'm really out to sea...

Pedro-the-Lion, Interesting, I could imagine myself correcting the melodies like your INFJ friend, only I cannot sing well... I concentrate mainly on the melody, and in my opinion it is mainly the tone of the singer's voice and the high pitch tones that create "the mood of the song". I never turn up bass and find it highly annoying when others do it. Musically I listen to pretty much anything, quite a lot of old pop actually. I just always know immediately if I like song or not, and I do not care who is the group or the singer of "the story behind it all".

Some old pop songs I often seem to come back to:
    Rolling Stones: Waiting On A Friend (Strange mood...)
    Beatles: Penny Lane (The paradise lost - that never really was.)
    Abba: The Winner Takes it All (Mushy sentimentality when I am sad.)
    Queen: I Am Going Slighly Mad :wink: (It sometimes just rings true.)
    "Arnie is strong, rightfully angry and wants to kill somebody."
    martin_g_karlsson

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I was talking about the drum sticking part of a Nirvana song Serve the Servants (I'm not sure if I put up the correct beat as I was just trying to give the general idea). I tend to listen to the instruments in this order:

Keyboard (if there)
    Lead Guitar
    Bass
    Rhythm Guitar(s)
    Drums

(For the most frequent arrangements in rock bands)

I also listen to highest pitch first then the lower pitches. Sometimes I try to listen to the entire song as if one particular instrument is "leading" the piece (the perspective of the drum or the sax or whatever). I also hate turning up the bass too much and am very picky about my equalizer settings (the only reason I use windows Media player).

I tend to have my settings on that be 5323-113597 for most songs. I find it brings out the richness in higher tones out more.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion

Ok here is another one:

ExTJs can have a very fake kind of pseudo :Fe: that they like to flash around for who knows what reason that is annoying as hell. This is especially applicable at parties and when they're telling jokes.
    Oh, please. You should try to learn this stuff before you start suppressing your Fi and making your silly "objective" observations. It would be objective and correct if you would have just said: "I'm annoyed by ExTJs when they tell jokes".

In a party the ExTJ uses his very real skill of Fe. Simultaneously he abuses his Fi and this gives the feeling that the person is acting in a fake manner. This is because the ExTJ hates having to use his Fe his true feeling in the party is irritated and aggravated while he is using his other skills Fe and Te to amuse the company. People with Fi skills may pick this up and get the feel that the ExTJ hates his company. While he actually hates not the company but the situation the feelings sometimes project to others. That's what really happens.

On another matter. I know plenty of ISFJs. None wear make-up. They do take great care of their clothes and their hair though. This is of course culture specific. They want to look good but they want to look inapproachable.
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes
    Oh, please. You should try to learn this stuff before you start suppressing your Fi and making your silly "objective" observations. It would be objective and correct if you would have just said: "I'm annoyed by ExTJs when they tell jokes".
    Who said I was trying to be objective? This is all in good fun and I'm just trying to see if anything that I can use to make objective correlations comes up circumstantially. It is highly unlikely that with such a small sample we will be able to say anything definitive so take it with a grain of salt. I know I do.

In a party the ExTJ uses his very real skill of Fe. Simultaneously he abuses his Fi and this gives the feeling that the person is acting in a fake manner. This is because the ExTJ hates having to use his Fe his true feeling in the party is irritated and aggravated while he is using his other skills Fe and Te to amuse the company. People with Fi skills may pick this up and get the feel that the ExTJ hates his company. While he actually hates not the company but the situation the feelings sometimes project to others. That's what really happens.
    Potatoes potatos. What I mean is everything about the active expression about the ExTJ comes off differently the eyes twinkle less , the smile is more plastic, the hug is too firm. The emotional expression is false insofar as it is Fe. The agitated state I think of a a completely different thing.

On another matter. I know plenty of ISFJs. None wear make-up. They do take great care of their clothes and their hair though. This is of course culture specific. They want to look good but they want to look inapproachable.
    Thank you that is exactly the kind of thing I wanted to come to. I was thinking of runway models specifically when I noted this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I pay attention to the melody and rhythm simultaneously.