Thread: Anyone familiar with these type descriptions?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Anyone familiar with these type descriptions?

I know that this is rather elementary, but I wanted to share these descriptions. I didn't see them posted elsewhere.

The individual type descriptions are all written from the perspective of someone of that type, which is rather refreshing and somewhat less academic. Though they've got that dreaded "MBTI feel-good" feel to them in parts, they're also quite honest about the faults of each type.

Do these descriptions mesh with your own understanding of the socion?

(whoops, I guess this belongs in Articles)
    IEE-Ne | ENFP | 4w3-6w7-9w1 so/sp/sx | sCoA|I| | Sanguine/Choleric | Benevolent Inventor

birthday frog wishes you a happy birthday
    birthday frog will give you presents and a card on your birthday
    birthday frog is Fe incarnate

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like them.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure how I feel about the ISFj description... especially since it was written by McNew haha.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is fairly MBTI feelgood, isn't it? Nevertheless, forer effect or not, it feel it (mostly) describes me fairly well. The function analysis is kinda crappy though, imo. Who associates weak Te with "misunderstanding or [being] unaware of new modes of thinking and ways of doing things"? I guess the author means new processes for achieving practical goals in life, but I *definitely* don't associate awareness of "new modes of thinking" with Te. I associate that with Ni, honestly, but then, to me, a mode of thinking is a way of perceiving the world, which is very basic or fundamental to a person, like Ni or Te or Fe is a "mode of thinking", or at least of cognition. Beginning with pure logic and ending in pure fantasy does sound like me on an off day (or on a good day, not everything requires logical argument), though. I also disagree with the weak Se analysis, or at least the idea that weak Se generally manifests in IEIs as explained in the article. So yeah, the description itself I generally like, but I feel that the function analysis is, at the least, poorly worded.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

A Tiger livin' in a zoo.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the descriptions I read, it was patently obvious the function descriptions were cut & pasted with a couple words swapped out. Overall description good. Function analysis pointless.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    The function analysis is kinda crappy though, imo. ... So yeah, the description itself I generally like, but I feel that the function analysis is, at the least, poorly worded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Way Ticket View Post
    In the descriptions I read, it was patently obvious the function descriptions were cut & pasted with a couple words swapped out. Overall description good. Function analysis pointless.
    Oh, yeah.. forgot to mention that. The function analysis isn't too great, almost like it was shoehorned in.
    IEE-Ne | ENFP | 4w3-6w7-9w1 so/sp/sx | sCoA|I| | Sanguine/Choleric | Benevolent Inventor

birthday frog wishes you a happy birthday
    birthday frog will give you presents and a card on your birthday
    birthday frog is Fe incarnate

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great find Greed

I've only read the EII and LSE one so far, they're good, but I agree with the complaints about the MBTI parts and the analysis of the IE's and type correlations, they seemed a bit off...
    They also contained some bits that I haven't seen in any other descriptions but are, IME, quite accurate
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is interesting:

Se: The fifth function of the INTp is Se, by which the essence of experiences arrive and insights into their development arise.Though be this a weak, unconscious, and influential function, it should find itself most active within the presence of one whose dominant function coincides, for it it seeks to be strong and may pretend to be such. At other times, an expression of this function may find itself in place of the weak and conscious Si function. Manifested bahaviours expected of this function should include demonstrating a tendency to exagerrate the effects of current experiences to seem better or worse than in reality, tending to accept the outcomes of negitive experiences or to tolerate bad reoccuring situations, ignorantly leaving good or bad experiences for bad or worse ones, tendency towards manipulating statistics into a favorable direction, and prone to biased onesidedness.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is something seriously messed up about calling INTps "socially charming and charismatic". I can understand if a single INTp might be described that way, but applied across the board it is just terribly wrong.

The author of the INTp profile, Sara Csaky, used to post on this forum, by the way. There were no indications of her being anything more than another hobbyist member with a unimpressive amount of experience with socionics in terms of time when she wrote that profile. It has been around for a long time.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    There is something seriously messed up about calling INTps "socially charming and charismatic". I can understand if a single INTp might be described that way, but applied across the board it is just terribly wrong.
    I can see why you think this and you are right, especially when looking at ILI's in group setting etc.

But one on one, most people find ILI's very kind and often somewhat charismatic. (Wouter Bos our minister of finance is ILI and has been called charismatic often.

Charming is not really ILI, since I associate the word charming more with a Don Juan.

edit: nerd, geek, encyclopedia need to be named to in that article to compensate for charming and charismatic.
    Last edited by Jarno; 01-06-2010 at 08:19 PM.

Creepy-male

ISFp sounds about right.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I remember correctly, the ENTj description on that website was originarly written by the user "Maverick" (He might have had a different name on here), posted on socionix.com perhaps.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post

The author of the INTp profile, Sara Csaky, used to post on this forum, by the way. There were no indications of her being anything more than another hobbyist member with a unimpressive amount of experience with socionics in terms of time when she wrote that profile. It has been around for a long time.
    INTp's have a tendency to want to fix things when they're broken. So if an INTp wrote it, and it hasn't been fixed then it must not be broken.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    If I remember correctly, the ENTj description on that website was originarly written by the user "Maverick" (He might have had a different name on here), posted on socionix.com perhaps.
    I know that guy, he played in that movie with those fighter jets.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    I know that guy, he played in that movie with those fighter jets.
    there are lots of movies with fighter jets.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    there are lots of movies with fighter jets.
    top gun

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    top gun
    You should be shot.

TIM