Thread: Bernie Madoff

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bernie Madoff

have we considered this from a socionics perspective? here's a simple link for anybody that wants to review.

Bernard Madoff - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i'm prompted by a show on the history channel about him. of particular interest is Harry Markopolos and how nobody would listen to him for 8 years.

what's madoff's type? what quadra values does he demonstrate? what is the type of markopolos? how do we understand the relationship dynamics?

discuss please :-)

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE - no
    ILI - possibly
    ILE - no
    LII - possibly
    LIE - probably
    SEI - no
    ESE - probably not
    SEE - no

Very strong argument for LIE given that he actually conceived of this scheme. Only LIEs give serious thought about how to make money.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i suppose he could be an entj. i was hoping for more discussion though. he turned himself in; the writing was on the wall, seems expedient and entj-like. what about the whistle-blower? and, further, why did the SEC ignore all that repeated data? were we in some kind of gamma phase and they shut their eyes to facts? was the SEC Te valuing and not Ti valuing? i just think there's a lot that we could speculate about with this entire ponzi scheme.

ILE

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about the socionics of Bernie Mac?

Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't followed the Madoff affair, but I remember him saying that his intent was to eventually trade legitimately with his clients' investments, but that it proved too difficult in the end.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    well i suppose he could be an entj. i was hoping for more discussion though. he turned himself in; the writing was on the wall, seems expedient and entj-like. what about the whistle-blower? and, further, why did the SEC ignore all that repeated data? were we in some kind of gamma phase and they shut their eyes to facts? was the SEC Te valuing and not Ti valuing? i just think there's a lot that we could speculate about with this entire ponzi scheme.
    The 2000s were the worst decade for gamma Te. Ever. No one wanted to actually agree on how to make money; instead, everyone wanted to fight over it and look what we got.

ENTjs were an angsty bunch this period.... But I think the real problem is that people weren't paying enough attention to the details of how others made their money. Because of this, there weren't as many of the informal speculations which lead in turn to the tip-offs that trigger formal investigation.