Thread: ESFps feeling the blues: what do depressed SEEs look/feel like?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ESFps feeling the blues: what do depressed SEEs look/feel like?

What does a depressed SEE look like? Either subtype....
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Khamelion View Post

Se subtype: Angry

Fi subtype: Angry

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know a couple that complained a lot about being tired. Haven't met any seriously depressed yet, probably because they seem to 'put things away' (block things out) and carry on with life.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks like you probably. well, they tend to look anorexic too..
    err.. kind of ambivalent looking.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure really. I know one of my SEE friends got really frustrated with life events. Maybe that is an SEEs form, frustration, rather than depression. He would complain a lot about how it sucked a lot but still manage to throw some positive thoughts in haha.

Do you think you are a depressed SEE? or think you know one?
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think i could be one, assuming im SEE. i normally dont doubt being SEE unless im depressed.

i can block things out, ive done it a lot. but i think i've exhausted the ability...
    i do sleep a lot, because things that i think are fun i don't even want to do, sort of a punishment....

im always angry when im depressed lol. who wouldn't be?

i keep myself uncomfortable because it's distracting. its kinda....disturbing? lol

i could go on but im pretty eccentric to begin with so its hard to say what is SEE related and what is related to neurosis.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I knew a depressed SEE. Said he was becoming introverted. Stayed home and watched movies. Moped. Ate snacks. Did that for quite a while. Didn't really want to go out (since he was always the life of the party). Got depressed no one was inviting him out (despite the fact he always got his social group together
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Khamelion, you should try reading a nonfictional book. Tell me if that helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think i could be one, assuming im SEE. i normally dont doubt being SEE unless im depressed.

i can block things out, ive done it a lot. but i think i've exhausted the ability...
    i do sleep a lot, because things that i think are fun i don't even want to do, sort of a punishment....

im always angry when im depressed lol. who wouldn't be?

i keep myself uncomfortable because it's distracting. its kinda....disturbing? lol

i could go on but im pretty eccentric to begin with so its hard to say what is SEE related and what is related to neurosis.
    Hmmm, seems it is serious. Just a suggestion -- could you write out clearly what is bothering you? Best would be if you could talk to people who know and understand you and your points of view.
    Don't limit your understanding of what you are feeling to match the Socionics concept of what SEEs should be/feel like. Go to people you are close to, you will certainly feel better.
    NiTe

The metaphysics of yesterday is the physics of today.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AQ View Post
    Hmmm, seems it is serious.
    nah, this isn't lasting, just a period like everyone has once in a while.

But SEE's don't tolerate being depressed, just like they don't tolerate depressed people for a long time. They like to be happy and have happy people around them.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your boyfriend must of dumped you and now you see no hope for the future. well, that's probably just you being realistic. there isn't much hope.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why don't you want to do things you think are fun?

Have you tried doing something you think is fun despite not wanting to? If so, how did you feel?
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(She's covering it up.)
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Through my experience they'll either become a lot more emotionally distant, or very emotionally dependent. The ones I know tend to drown their problems with alcohol. When my best friend (SEE) moved away, she became incredibly depressed and would call me every night to help herself fall asleep; I think she just enjoyed the comfort my Ni, or something.
    Aww <3 I love SEEs.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah me too. Scarlett Johansson as an avatar is actually one of the better ideas coming from this forum. I'll think about it.

Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am having depression I think... but I don't seem sad or wahtever...most of all I seem angry...I would start shouting at people close to me for small things...around those who i dont count as close i am just trying to hide it by being overly silly...making insulting jokes about myself and everybody else... and yeah i doubt myself being see.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

except she isn't SEE, she's ESE, but yeah.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why?

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think sarinana is SEE probably Fi subtype.

I think khamelion is ESI, probably Fi subtype as well.

This is what to do when you're depressed. Think of why you're depressed. Think of what you can do to alleviate it. It will require both short term and long term goals.

Short term - to lift the mood. Sing a song, take a walk, talk to friends that you trust, read a non-fiction book, play chess with us.

Long term - depends exactly on the problem. My SEE friend is worried about what to do in the future - should she pursue her dreams and lead a dangerous (lack of stable income) life or just settle with boredom? The answer is obvious, go for your dreams, but either find someone to earn the stable income or the lousier option, work a part time job yourself (this really sucks since your quality of life will be perpetually lousy unless you 1) focus entirely on that part time job and make it 9 - 5, which completely sabotages the initial aim of living you dreams, or 2) make it big, which is difficult unless you are lucky and talented, therefore it's best to find a partner who can bring home a substantial amount of stable income while devoting all your energies on pursuing your dreams, it is also best that your partner can help you in actualizing your dreams in his free time).

If, for example, your depression is due to premenstrual stress, then just focus on the short term goals for depression alleviation. If it is long term, you can find someone you trust to help you think of a solution. Preferably your dual.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CeruleanFlame View Post
    I think khamelion is ESI, probably Fi subtype as well.
    I don't know how long you've been visiting this forum, but I give you an update anyways. Khamelion has been around a long time (on and off). You might not want to judge her type based on her lately depressed stories. I don't think she has ever doubted her extravertedness. She's SEE.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think Sarinana is ESE, or SEI for that matter. All alpha values seem pretty damn low. She comes across exactly like an SEE should.

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks jarno. I actually typed based on V.I and her posts, in this thread at least, which as you have pointed out, may not be very accurate.

It was late at night and my mind could not calculate properly. I actually meant SEE fi subtype, but I could be wrong. (And I really meant sarinana SEE-se subtype, and once again, I could be wrong.)

I'd like to go off topic for awhile since the depressees don't seem to be around.

Have any of you professing ILI's been with a SEE-fi subtype? How does it defer from an experience with an SEE-se?

I ask this to confirm the consistency of my experience with others, so that my V.I. knowledge can be updated.

My experience with SEE-fi subtype is that she is very closed up and guarded, but when she trusts that you are not up to something sneaky, she's very open and lovely. Bubbly even. Always tries to appear strong, acts aristocratic. Suspicious of others' motives. Tries to act self-assured, but sometimes wounded inside. Extremely stubborn. This actually made me want to type her ESI-fi, despite her (superficial i.e. non-socionical) extroversion. Right now I am inclined to think that she is SEE-fi. She loves to travel, and is extremely mobile, EP>IJ. Due to similar face-shape/expression, I would say that Khamelion is of a similar type.

The other reason why I'll type Khamelion SEE is because of the way she posts, at least in this thread (lolling at what she typed, something my SEE-se friend does when saying something bad about herself but not wanting the mood to turn sour).

polikujm: I agree based on her post and choice of avatar. I know this may sound stupid, but I'm a big fan of 'Blink'. It gives off an SEE vibe. I understand that this may not be very helpful. So, just to analyze it, I would say that her avatar seems to value Ni>Si (a person's state over a period of time, black and white, non-pleasant). Also her post (within this thread) sounded very subdued (fi), non-attention grabbing (non-alpha), and extremely uncertain (Se-ego without Ni dual-seeking stimulation). However, to qualify, the last few reasons can easily be attributed to people with depression. Still, alphas with depression tend to be more dramatic. SEE>ESE/SEI
    Last edited by Reuben; 01-13-2010 at 12:26 PM. Reason: To insert a comment at polikujm's post
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My experience with SEE-fi subtype is that she is very closed up and guarded, but when she trusts that you are not up to something sneaky, she's very open and lovely. Bubbly even. Always tries to appear strong, acts aristocratic. Suspicious of others' motives. Tries to act self-assured, but sometimes wounded inside. Extremely stubborn. This actually made me want to type her ESI-fi, despite her (superficial i.e. non-socionical) extroversion. Right now I am inclined to think that she is SEE-fi. She loves to travel, and is extremely mobile, EP>IJ.
    Yep, I recognize that.

However, having met a fair amount of SEE's, I have to say even the SEE-Fi subtype can be split in two. You have the stubborn not so extraverted type which loves to travel, and you got the more bling bling party girls with quick jokes and who giggle a lot.

With the SEE-Se it's the same story. There is the hardworking one, which is also a performer on parties, get's things going. She's really witty. Then there is the philosophical SEE, she's not really extraverted but somewhat more intrested in philosophy, esoteric stuff and often children, she likes to be lazy and dresses more casual.

Hope this might help...

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You little bugger. It'll help only if you share some with me.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You little bugger. It'll help only if you share some with me.

Nope I keep 'm all locked up safely in my basement.

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that's not very good is it. What if you lose your key? I can help you keep one. Just pass me the original and I'll make a copy.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    Yep, I recognize that.

However, having met a fair amount of SEE's, I have to say even the SEE-Fi subtype can be split in two. You have the stubborn not so extraverted type which loves to travel, and you got the more bling bling party girls with quick jokes and who giggle a lot.

With the SEE-Se it's the same story. There is the hardworking one, which is also a performer on parties, get's things going. She's really witty. Then there is the philosophical SEE, she's not really extraverted but somewhat more intrested in philosophy, esoteric stuff and often children, she likes to be lazy and dresses more casual.

Hope this might help...

im going to write a lot more later when i have time, but i just wanted to say that im basically all 4 of these aspects except the hardworking Se-subtype. lol. id rather not be the "get things going" person unless everyone else is doing a shitty job. id rather ride a fun wave without having to do work.

Quote Originally Posted by ceruleanflame
    The other reason why I'll type Khamelion SEE is because of the way she posts, at least in this thread (lolling at what she typed, something my SEE-se friend does when saying something bad about herself but not wanting the mood to turn sour).

loooool. its weird because the not wanting to sour the mood isn't really a conscious thing all the time. especially if ive let my guard down and suddenly something i say makes everyone get all on edge for whatever reason, and i realize they took something the wrong way. all depends who im around...

My experience with SEE-fi subtype is that she is very closed up and guarded, but when she trusts that you are not up to something sneaky, she's very open and lovely. Bubbly even. Always tries to appear strong, acts aristocratic. Suspicious of others' motives. Tries to act self-assured, but sometimes wounded inside. Extremely stubborn. This actually made me want to type her ESI-fi, despite her (superficial i.e. non-socionical) extroversion. Right now I am inclined to think that she is SEE-fi. She loves to travel, and is extremely mobile, EP>IJ. Due to similar face-shape/expression, I would say that Khamelion is of a similar type.
    this did sound like you were describing me, however im not so guarded. i take too many chances and run my mouth a lot. but ill worry about it later, and be suspicious and see what you do with the information.

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratXII View Post
    except she isn't SEE, she's ESE, but yeah.
    lol....ew. i'm fairly sure you're the first person to ever say that, assuming you're saying it seriously. heh

Quote Originally Posted by Bardia View Post
    Why don't you want to do things you think are fun?

Have you tried doing something you think is fun despite not wanting to? If so, how did you feel?
    ill also answer this more in depth later, but yes i have tons of times. i feel disconnected and uninterested with random moments of distraction if something dramatic, funny, or annoying happens.

and thanks ceruleanflame, but i dont really need any advice on how to NOT be depressed, especially in this situation. which...ill explain soon lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    I don't know how long you've been visiting this forum, but I give you an update anyways. Khamelion has been around a long time (on and off). You might not want to judge her type based on her lately depressed stories. I don't think she has ever doubted her extravertedness. She's SEE.
    the only other type ive seriously considered or called myself at some point is INFp....but that was when i was DEPRESSED luls. so...i think i seem IEIish when im depressed....or perhaps im noticing ILI-dual-seeking? i dunno...im rusty with socionics. not that i was ever finely tuned to it in the first place. i always picture all the LII's reading 1/4th of posts and rolling their eyes and moving on because of my lack of technical knowledge. i roll my eyes at their posts where they completely miss the other side of things though.

wow...yeah....im totally going to be late because of that rant.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so