Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Your feelings and why they don't matter

  1. #1
    The Soul Happy-er JWC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,808
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Your feelings and why they don't matter.

    Listen, alls I'm saying is that I really couldn't care less how any one feels about any one else when it comes to socionics types.

    Alright, so your not besties with some one on this site who is supposedly your dual. Maybe you even despise some one who is supposedly your dual. That doesn't really amount to anything.

    Sure having an unnatural hatred of some one you are supposed to get along with great may arouse some suspicion of what that persons type really is, but that suspicion doesn't amount to any sort of actual tangible evidence for that persons type.

    Essentially what I'm getting at is that instead of saying "This person isn't type x because I'm the compliment to type x and I hate them" I propose you use your hatred of the person you claim to not be 'type x' to find actual evidence for a contrary typing of that person rather than use your own feelings as undeniable proof of your rightness.
    Easy Day

  2. #2
    Azeroffs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    California
    TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,216
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    +1
    3w4-5w6-9w8

  3. #3
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    No, that was indicative of Se primary (commanding people to stop being outta line), Ti creative (need evidence of typing before making a conjecture based on feelings), Fe-valuing(respect each other), and Fi-despising (you own petty feelings dont matter).


    I applaud you! Spoken like a true beta (and SLE) !
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  4. #4
    Marie84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    2,359
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    Essentially what I'm getting at is that instead of saying "This person isn't type x because I'm the compliment to type x and I hate them" I propose you use your hatred of the person you claim to not be 'type x' to find actual evidence for a contrary typing of that person rather than use your own feelings as undeniable proof of your rightness.
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

  5. #5
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    Essentially what I'm getting at is that instead of saying "This person isn't type x because I'm the compliment to type x and I hate them" I propose you use your hatred of the person you claim to not be 'type x' to find actual evidence for a contrary typing of that person rather than use your own feelings as undeniable proof of your rightness.
    hehe yeah, typing a relationship by looking how you get on with them online is dumb.

    however when someone uses this statement when having a true close relationship in real life, it might have some value...

  6. #6
    The Soul Happy-er JWC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,808
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    That was very diplomatic. Diplomats are IEI-Fe. You are IEI-Fe. Q.E.D.
    You know, I'm always flattered when some one tires to type me as Beta NF.
    Easy Day

  7. #7
    Hello...? somavision's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,474
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Good thread.

  8. #8
    I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Behind you
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Posts
    4,956
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    You know, I'm always flattered when some one tires to type me as Beta NF.
    You're easily pleased.

  9. #9
    pinkcanary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    TIM
    SEI-Si 6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    169
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    ...
    Last edited by pinkcanary; 06-10-2017 at 03:09 AM.

  10. #10
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Uhhhhhhhhh.........no.

    Socionics is based on how you feel about people. Thoughts are every bit as subjective as feelings are. It is quite possible to like somebody more than they like you, which is what asymmetrical relationships are all about. (ie the supervisor is fond of the supervisee, the supervisee is annoyed by the supervisor) Socionics is entirely based on your subjective feelings towards people. Of course these feelings, depending on the relationship might take some time to reveal themselves, but they are there.

    But even though THAT'S true, there's still an objective criteria for determining people's types. It is all interrelated.

  11. #11
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'd invite everybody to use their emotional, irrational magical gay sides of their brain more and don't always rely on their analytical, rational reality straight sides of their brain. =D

    Cause at least for me the emotional magical shaman side is always more powerful, it's the one I listen to the most and whenever I don't listen to it, I regret it.

    My emotions give me power, give me strength and inspiration. I'm tired of people not understanding the other half of the universe. *sigh*

  12. #12
    Marie84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    2,359
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Uhhhhhhhhh.........no.

    Socionics is based on how you feel about people. Thoughts are every bit as subjective as feelings are. It is quite possible to like somebody more than they like you, which is what asymmetrical relationships are all about. (ie the supervisor is fond of the supervisee, the supervisee is annoyed by the supervisor) Socionics is entirely based on your subjective feelings towards people. Of course these feelings, depending on the relationship might take some time to reveal themselves, but they are there.

    But even though THAT'S true, there's still an objective criteria for determining people's types. It is all interrelated.
    The problem with relying too much on your feelings about someone is that it's often based on more shallow criteria.
    For instance, someone may decide that they're don't/do like/dislike a person if said person doesn't/does share their views, lifestyle, etc. In other words, typing based on personal preferences and beliefs that go outside of Socionics
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

  13. #13
    I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Behind you
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Posts
    4,956
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pinkcanary View Post
    you're easily aroused.
    well maybe you have a shot then.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •