Thread: Enneagram type 6 for ENTps/ILEs

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Enneagram type 6 for ENTps/ILEs

To ENTP 6s (or anyone who knows): What is it like like to be an ENTP 6?

I have a hard to wrapping my mind around your guys' whole issue with security. I don't ever feel the need to latch on to a universal system or anything that can limit me from exploring additional possibilities. I avoid that or see it as a temporary evil. I see certainty as a tool that compliments the search for possibilities, not something to strive for in and of itself.

I also like navigating waves of uncertainty. It's like an art form. I create my own temporary certainty as the situation requires it, which I dissolve as soon as I resolve to think something better or more interesting.

So how does ENTP 6 work exactly?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    So how does ENTP 6 work exactly?
    like this:

Stephen Colbert
    ILE 6w5 so/sp
    The saddest ESFj

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and this:

George Carlin
    ILE 6w5 so/sx
    RIP
    The saddest ESFj

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reading 6 and ENTp descriptions one after another makes me think these two are highly unlikely, perhaps impossible to find packed in the same person. 6 has a certain ISFjness to it. ISFjness is quite the opposite from ENTpness. It should also be said that I don't know a thing about Enneagram.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the problem is that you're thinking of the enneagram in terms of socionics. You wont get very far like that.
    The saddest ESFj

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It all depends on underlying qualities being described. What if they, in essence, happen to be the same thing? I'm not saying they necessarily are the same in this case. It certainly appears so to me.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It makes the most argumentative type more argumentative.

@Tutu: 6 is the epitome of head center, so maybe you have been reading shitty 6 descriptions that don't reflect the thinking obsession all 6's have. Also, when put 6 into an NT type it adds onto the analytical focus of the fixation.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As an ENTp 6, I've never felt the need to latch onto any universal system. I think that whether or not anyone desires to do such depends on instinctual stacking more than type. In fact, I'm rather opposed to universal systems and anything that isn't colored by my own personal perspective.

I think a lot though, and I enjoy knowing what makes other people tick inside. I read other people I meet without exception until I feel comfortable around them.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem many 6s have is the need for certainty combined with the well known fact that nothing can really be certain. ENTp out of most 6s would probably use that to be a sort of ultimate skeptic. Most 6s are very strong skeptics to the point of self hindrance. Some may even find relief in skepticism, using the rational that "the only thing I can be certain of is that I can be certain of nothing." Skepticism is all well and good in the ideological sense, but in practicality, it can be crippling.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE 6s are my favourite Dated one once, but he was kinda batshit insane. Still adore him though
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    The problem many 6s have is the need for certainty combined with the well known fact that nothing can really be certain. ENTp out of most 6s would probably use that to be a sort of ultimate skeptic. Most 6s are very strong skeptics to the point of self hindrance. Some may even find relief in skepticism, using the rational that "the only thing I can be certain of is that I can be certain of nothing." Skepticism is all well and good in the ideological sense, but in practicality, it can be crippling.
    I wonder how 6s are with different socionics type... I'm much like what you are describing, yet more so I have a deep and at times unconscious desire to find someone to believe in to the point of idolizing and following that person, even though I am very skeptical of someone being "worthy" to be my leader in anything. Maybe for ENTps it's more related to being skeptical of information and beliefs, rather than people, as is my case. I can remember moments where someone who I put "above" me somehow did not measure up with my (probably inhumanly) expectations. It's like Rufio in Hook, and how he tests Peter Pan before willingly accepting him as his leader. I wonder how this plays out with ENTp 6s.

TIM
    ILE-Ti 6w7 683 so/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am an ILE 6 (I know I'm called LII, but I was mistyped). 6 is the highly analytical skeptic. ILE (nerd) + 6 (nerd) = nerd (nerd).
    cp6w7-3w2-8w7 sx/so ILE--D

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@LII I thought 5s were nerds though, not 6s!

TIM
    ILE-Ti 6w7 683 so/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Verbrannte View Post
    @LII I thought 5s were nerds though, not 6s!
    5s are more focused on their thoughts as part of their identity (next to 4). Yes, even 5w6s. 6s, on the other hand, think for thinking's sake. Molina's theory describes 5 as 5SI. 6 is 6SS. I is identity, id and introversion. S is logic, superego and ambiversion. E is image, ego and extraversion.
    cp6w7-3w2-8w7 sx/so ILE--D

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LII View Post
    5s are more focused on their thoughts as part of their identity (next to 4). Yes, even 5w6s. 6s, on the other hand, think for thinking's sake. Molina's theory describes 5 as 5SI. 6 is 6SS. I is identity, id and introversion. S is logic, superego and ambiversion. E is image, ego and extraversion.
    Oh, OK, then so that's how 6 "is Virgo", as someone else said.