Thread: LIIs, how do you use your shadow?

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default LIIs, how do you use your shadow?

Do you rely on it at all?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My what? Do you need to dual-type me for me to answer this question or something?

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I mean your more aggressive side.

Your ethical assertiveness and persuasiveness. Your response to PoLR hits. The visceral reaction.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    No, I mean your more aggressive side.

Your ethical assertiveness and persuasiveness. Your response to PoLR hits. The visceral reaction.
    If I understand what you are talking about, very occasionally I will let out a brief burst of rage or something similar, if I've decided that it's the best response to a situation. Two examples come to mind:

• Influencing a probable IEI on another forum to do something that we both agreed that she should do - I was actually mimicking another person - a probable SLE - here. This involved that forum's animated anger smiley.
    • Some sort of game I was playing when younger... I don't remember it clearly, but both force and aim were important (sort of like baseball, except timing didn't matter), and after some frustration, I decided to err on the side of force and let out some rage. My dad rebuked me for letting out my anger, and I rebuked him right back, because I had consciously decided to do it and I stood by my judgment.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is that it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still trying to determine my type, so sorry in advance if my response isn't valid, however, I find that LII's PoLR is definitely true for me.

I tend to vocally (sometimes I apparently smack my keyboard ) express my frustration at work as it's an environment I'm comfortable in, but that usually dies pretty quickly and it's more in jest at the situation being utterly ridiculous.

I have been called aggressive manager I had because I had shut him down in a meeting where he wasn't listening to what I was saying. It took me being very pointed with raised voice to get him to drop the subject I didn't see as an issue due to it already been solved (hooray for career limiting moves). I don't act like that all the time though. I've actually thought that I get right up on his PoLR.

Aside from that 1 time I can't really say I externalise a lot of my "aggression", frustration is a different story
    LII kthnxbai!

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can do all of those and I can make a dinosaur with only one hand and some strings.
    Capitalism is the belief that the rich don't work hard when they don't earn enough, and that the poor don't work hard when they earn too much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol voted 1 for best use of shadows....

..... sometimes I chase mine......

.....I get very tired after a while, then I sleep in my basket
    LII kthnxbai!

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    Is that it?
    That's all that comes to mind. I think it's safe to assume there's something I forgot, but but not so much as to make it a different order of magnitude.

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari