Thread: INTjs and leadership

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INTjs and leadership

I was wondering what experiences LIIs here have had in leadership roles. More specifically, what did you perceive your strengths and weaknesses were in terms of leadership skill or potential. Also, if anyone has observed an LII in a leadership role I'd be interested in hearing your observations and conclusions about how well or poorly he/she performed (strengths and weaknesses).

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meeting people to lead. Biggest issue by far.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

leadership is a very basic task, there isn't a lot of complexity imo. It's very hard to be a good leader, but only because it's so hard to master the basics. Whenever I find myself in anything close to a leadership position, I lose patience very quickly because I don't want to spend time on the basic issues of leadership, I want to work on more mentally challenging things--especially because people can have so much trouble on those things. So usually I try to make someone else handle the basic leadership stuff so I can work on my own thing. Honestly, I don't think my talents are put to good use as a leader.
    The saddest ESFj

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RSV3 View Post
    I was wondering what experiences LIIs here have had in leadership roles. More specifically, what did you perceive your strengths and weaknesses were in terms of leadership skill or potential. Also, if anyone has observed an LII in a leadership role I'd be interested in hearing your observations and conclusions about how well or poorly he/she performed (strengths and weaknesses).
    hey RSV3,

i got a few but the best example i can think of is Steve Mariuchi-- the analyst for the NFL Network. When he is telecasted with 3 or 4 members of the nfl panel, a lot of times he is up against former players who think they have more relevant things to say (pershaps more Se experience embeded in their psyches to some relevant extent) than he does. In the weeks preceeding the Superbowl, i though he exhibited a lot of really solid INTj leadership characteristics that i havnt noticed that much before from INTjs. With 3 or 4 other commentators buying for airtime, he had to be sharp and quick at the same time. Putting all Se jargon aside, I could tell he got the respect of the panel and became the leader in those times he was featured on air. If you;re interested in this you might want to google him and see what u get for videos. I know for fact that i watched the episodes because of the interesting and somewhat confrontational personality dynamic that had emerged there and how Mariuchi always held his ground.
    ENTP:wink:ALPHA