Thread: Stages of development

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    Reminds me of a quote I read once, attributed to Thomas Jefferson: "I am a warrior so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet."
    Yup.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The warrior is actually one of the most elevated roles.
    The warriors are a result of development. First of all, warrior class can't sustain itself.
    The first people that were ever able to sustain themselves were a type of warrior: hunters. In any case, the warrior stage as I see it is a person that lives in constant fear of losing his/her life. No person wishes that kind of fate over themselves. The feudal lords of Japan and Europe were not examples of people in such a state. They were more like Associates. They had turned their military abilities and strength into an institution from which it became a source of wealth and power to them. Many of such people also practiced philosophy and art and people of less fortunate standing were blocked from being able to do them same.

The this category has no reason to exist by itself as a base one. It has some requirements: assets, something to defend (many times ideals), something to conquer.
    You're talking about conditions that are just about universal. Often a person fights for the future promise of having such assests and ideals.

Using the examples you saw in the socionics.com thread, let's take the ones of Musashi about medieval Japan, to keep things simple:
    - the peasant
    - the merchant
    - the artisan
    - the gentleman warrior
    All that this "proves" is that people in the higher stages aren't always recognized as being such. I think the general pattern in any society is that the Associates most look like they are in control of things, because they have the most practical talents that still allow them control on a long term, broad scaled level.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    So, this is also a cycle where the quadras naturally represent these stages - Delta producers, Gamma traders, Alpha innovators and Beta selectors. The corresponding types are naturally fit for one of these activities depending on the quadra they find themselves in.
    Could also be ST/SF/NT/NF...
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request
    Last edited by Pied Piper; 02-07-2010 at 02:00 AM. Reason: removed by request

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ Pinocchio: if you're going to clog things up with wild speculations of your own, make your own thread for it.

I am at the Artist stage. Way above labcoat.
    Can't beat an ISFp at their own game.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12