Thread: Springer "The Frontiers" collection

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Springer "The Frontiers" collection

Hey guys, I recently became acquainted with the book series "The Frontiers", edited by Springer-Verlag. It's a collection of books dealing with the latest developments of science, questions and issues that are still widely open-ended, often at the edge between different branches of science. I was wondering if any of you is familiar with any of the titles? I think the topics are extremely interesting, thus I felt like sharing :cheese:

The whole series can be found here:

The Frontiers Collection (Titles in this series)

I have some of them (backup copies, of course) in .pdf format, if anybody is interested.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Hey guys, I recently became acquainted with the book series "The Frontiers", edited by Springer-Verlag. It's a collection of books dealing with the latest developments of science, questions and issues that are still widely open-ended, often at the edge between different branches of science.
    How accessible are they?

I think that the main challenge of science right now is the production of a higher quality meta data. Better introductory courses. The latest developments in the field of psychology should be used, especially the studies regarding motivation. What we need is a better way to ignite the curiosity in people.
    "What is love?"
    "The total absence of fear," said the Master.
    "What is it we fear?"
    "Love," said the Master.

I chose Love

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least half of them (the ones I have in .pdf, basically) are quite accessible, I think they can be read by whoever has been able to understand socionics. The series has purposefully been created to spread this type of "avantgarde" knowledge to people with some type of formal-scientific background, but not necessarily specific in the treated disciplines.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit