Thread: Dragon Age

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Dragon Age

Almost conclusive typings. I'd be really surprised if any of these are more than slightly wrong.

Alistar: ESTj (a very practical, active kind of guy that errs on the side of being boring a lot)

Morrigan: ENTj (extroverted, Ni and too harsh to be ENFj)

Wynne: ISFj (a strong, unwavering person that acts as the conscience of the group)

Leliana: ISFp (the bard/rogue person of the group - quite subdued, likes to tell stories)

Zevran: ESFj (charismatic, ideosyncratic, extroverted, alpha as hell)

Sten: INTp (extremely cryptic, abnormally quiet, zero command or appreciation of Fe)

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Alistair and Wynne.

Morrigan is a bit hard to type, because she's got this level of guardedness that makes it difficult to figure out what's genuine and what's not. LIE is possible, but I think LSI is more likely. She's evil.

Leliana is could be SEI, but I think SEE is more likely.

I think Zevran is EIE.

Sten seems SLI to me.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morrigan is a bit hard to type, because she's got this level of guardedness that makes it difficult to figure out what's genuine and what's not. LIE is possible, but I think LSI is more likely. She's evil.
    That witch mother of hers, Flemeth, is ISTj. I bet you'll find more than a few differences between the two. I could see Morrigan being introverted, but not sensing, let alone both and beta ST too. Her level of sophistication is through the roof, not something beta STs are known for. The extravagant, poetic way of speaking indicates Ni, if not also extroversion for continually making the effort. And she likes to hear the sound of her own voice a lot. It's hard to get her to stop talking at times.

Leliana is could be SEI, but I think SEE is more likely.
    Any reason why? I don't see it. She's subdued and not very volitional at all. I don't think I can recall a single instance in which she raises her voice.

I think Zevran is EIE.

Sten seems SLI to me.
    I can easily respect these typings and am considering them myself.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That witch mother of hers, Flemeth, is ISTj. I bet you'll find more than a few differences between the two. I could see Morrigan being introverted, but not sensing, let alone both and beta ST too. Her level of sophistication is through the roof, not something beta STs are known for. The extravagant, poetic way of speaking indicates Ni, if not also extroversion for continually making the effort. And she likes to hear the sound of her own voice a lot. It's hard to get her to stop talking at times.
    DRAGON AGE MID GAME SPOILERS (I haven't beaten the game yet, btw, so don't spoil the ending please )

When she said she would continually hunt down Flemeth forever, if need be; her general vanity (wanting jewelry) and focus on her looks; her focus on power over personal relationships; her self-admitted poor ability to form friendships; her (to me) surprising way of reacting poorly to dry humor directed at her (she responds better to Fe choices, whereas Alistair responds much better to wry wit and personal jabs); her lack of feeling betrayed or shocked at realizing that Flemeth, her mother, was just using her as a body to inhabit when she reached the right age; the way she proposed that the party immediately attack (rush) Teryn Loghain instead of waiting for a more strategic opportunity; the way she objects to decisions on purely pragmatic grounds without looking at the big picture or empathizing with the plight of other people...

To me, all these things suggest Fe/Ti over Fi/Te, and strong Se over strong Ni. What you said did make some sense, although I think LSI characters in fiction are often very sophisticated (Saruman, Poirot, Julius Caesar in Rome, Sherlock Holmes).

Any reason why? I don't see it. She's subdued and not very volitional at all. I don't think I can recall a single instance in which she raises her voice.
    Well, you could be right about SEI. It's just that she exudes this adorable kind of Fi sentimentality (talking to the Warden about staying up late, knowing that he's watching out for everyone), and a lot of her stories are tragedies that focus on personal relationships or personal accomplishments. She also jabs at the characters during miscellaneous dialog, like prodding Morrigan into going clothes shopping and being very insistent about it, and both things seem like Se horseplay. She also is very quick, like Wynne, to make moral pronouncements about the character of other people and their decisions. SEIs tend to more diplomatically "nudge" people into behaving.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like these typings. The only input I might add is:

Leiliana: SEI > SEE
    Dog: alpha Si (naturally since he brings you silk pants and cake)
    Teryn Loghain: LSI?
    Shale: ILI?
    Arl Eamon's Wife: SEE?
    Female City Elf's betrothed: the gushy type
    Dagna: ILE?
    Cailan: IEE?
    Duncan: EII?
    Anora: some kind of rational, Se-valuer?
    Mune: full of shit?
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When she said she would continually hunt down Flemeth forever, if need be; her general vanity (wanting jewelry) and focus on her looks; her focus on power over personal relationships; her self-admitted poor ability to form friendships; her (to me) surprising way of reacting poorly to dry humor directed at her (she responds better to Fe choices, whereas Alistair responds much better to wry wit and personal jabs); her lack of feeling betrayed or shocked at realizing that Flemeth, her mother, was just using her as a body to inhabit when she reached the right age; the way she proposed that the party immediately attack (rush) Teryn Loghain instead of waiting for a more strategic opportunity; the way she objects to decisions on purely pragmatic grounds without looking at the big picture or empathizing with the plight of other people...

To me, all these things suggest Fe/Ti over Fi/Te, and strong Se over strong Ni. What you said did make some sense, although I think LSI characters in fiction are often very sophisticated (Saruman, Poirot, Julius Caesar in Rome, Sherlock Holmes).
    What do you call Flemeth then? Do you think they are identicals? I just don't see them as being that similar. Flemeth never, ever weaves prose into her speech, she just states the technicalities. She is far more direct in her meanness than Morrigan is.

Video with Flemeth and Morrigan (may contain spoilers):

Shale: ILI?
    I also had an INTx type in mind, but not INTp. How about INTj?

This is "her" getting Si advice from Leliana:

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    What do you call Flemeth then? Do you think they are identicals? I just don't see them as being that similar. Flemeth never, ever weaves prose into her speech, she just states the technicalities. She is far more direct in her meanness than Morrigan is.
    The idea that Flemeth is "more LSI" than Morrigan is not relevant to Morrigan's typing.