Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 47

Thread: What's My Type? WWT

  1. #1
    A Tiger livin' in a zoo.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    304
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default What's My Type? WWT

    Hey all.

    For a long time I've been fairly sure that I was IEE. However recent self analysis and observing other so-called IEEs has resulted in me being not so sure.

    The types I've generally considered as possible if not entirely plausible are:

    • SEE
    • ILE
    • EIE


    However in this thread Pinocchio posited that I could be LIE. Which I, despite my hostility towards Pinocchio in that thread, found interesting.

    So I definitely want some external opinions. As I'm definitely not sold on IEE anymore.

    I don't consider myself adept at typing people. So I can't really scrutinise my real life dealings with others. Unfortunate as I think would be the real tell.

    A little bit about me: I currently work for myself as a developer / designer. Mainly web development. I specialise in the coding and the aesthetics. But I'll be moving out of this as I'm finding the work/reward (ie money) ratio is tipped too far to the work side. Not that I don't love the work but have definitely found myself to be driven (long term) by the reward side.

    Currently I'm on major burn out, having worked the last two years pretty much 12-14 hours a day. So much so that it's just recently compromised my immune system. Doc says I need to take it easy for a couple months, which I won't do. Heh.

    I've constantly jumped from one job to another and have always put in huge amounts of work. I love coming up with new project ideas but am always driven to improve old ones. I've stayed in the same general industry however I've used each job (usually outside of my assigned responsibility) to improve and gain experience on new aspects of it. I always leave once I've exhausted all possibilities; rarely do I have the patience to wait for promotions and instead "trade up" to another company.

    I'm not a particularly neat person but can & do force myself. Though honestly if I didn't bring people back to my place I would probably be a lot slacker. I can become a bit of a slob when depressed.

    Romantically I can identify with both victim and infantile, and can't really decide which one accurately describes my "romantic style."

    I think I dress pretty well. Look damn good in a suit.

    Rarely do groups of friends (but unfortunately it can be a bit of a necessity) -- instead preferring the company of one or two friends. In saying that, I love being the outsider in new groups, most often preferring to be new in a large group of people. I definitely enjoy that dynamic.

    That's all I've got for now. Any opinions/flames would be appreciated.

    [EDIT] This was posted at 3am, so please ignore any typos I may have made.

  2. #2
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've not read much of you.

    So at this point my opinion is nearly useless, but you seem EJ temperament. That leaves LIE and EIE. Since they both have a different leading function, the only thing we need to know now is are you Logical/business like, getting the task done, or do you focus on people, leading groups, getting angry at them if they don't behave as they should etc.

    edit: Oke read your post again. EIE have a great talent in typing others, which you claim not to have. I'm starting to think that pinochio is onto something. You seem focussed on job hopping and money instead on colleagues, which is more typical for LIE's. So at this moment my bet is on LIE, but with low certainty.

  3. #3
    A Tiger livin' in a zoo.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    304
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    edit: Oke read your post again. EIE have a great talent in typing others, which you claim not to have. I'm starting to think that pinochio is onto something. You seem focussed on job hopping and money instead on colleagues, which is more typical for LIE's. So at this moment my bet is on LIE, but with low certainty.
    I make friends very easily with work colleagues, but honestly don't see them as "essential" (best word I could come up with) I've put up with lazy coworkers many times, only kicking their ass when it gets extreme. My talent lies in developing & improving procedures and have actually built my career on designing workflow tools (web apps) to streamline processes.

    The only time I can recall getting really angry has almost always been directed at upper management for making incompetent decisions and trying to put in practise ridiculous/pointless procedures or unnecessary policies. I've gone to war over things like that.

    I like working with people but not for them. If that makes sense.

    I definitely relate more with LIE than EIE.

  4. #4
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Way Ticket View Post
    But I'll be moving out of this as I'm finding the work/reward (ie money) ratio is tipped too far to the work side. Not that I don't love the work but have definitely found myself to be driven (long term) by the reward side.
    Se/Ni over Si/Ne I think. Judicious types are driven by personal reward and comfortable conditions over material gain. Even if a lot of JuJu's typings can be nonsensical, I think he made an excellent comment about Se/Ni: it's a culture of big dreams and extravagant consumption.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Way Ticket View Post
    Currently I'm on major burn out, having worked the last two years pretty much 12-14 hours a day. So much so that it's just recently compromised my immune system. Doc says I need to take it easy for a couple months, which I won't do. Heh.
    Devalued and restricted Si. A Ne base would respond well to having to take it easy, we just have serious issues actually doing that, as well as a bad habit of abusing our bodies due to negligence stemming from not understanding them well at all. This is my personal experience, at any rate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Way Ticket View Post
    I've constantly jumped from one job to another and have always put in huge amounts of work. I love coming up with new project ideas but am always driven to improve old ones. I've stayed in the same general industry however I've used each job (usually outside of my assigned responsibility) to improve and gain experience on new aspects of it. I always leave once I've exhausted all possibilities; rarely do I have the patience to wait for promotions and instead "trade up" to another company.
    This sounds very much like Te dominance. In addition, LIEs are known as "Entrepreneur" or "Experimenter" due to their willingness to tinker with methods to achieve their goals as efficiently as possible. Te base is also associated with diligence and willingness to proactively work for your goals (while Te creative I understand is more about not wasting energy or restricting activity... something which Te HAs are in dire need of ).

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Way Ticket View Post
    I think I dress pretty well. Look damn good in a suit
    My friend, even I look fine in a suit. They're designed that way.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Way Ticket View Post
    My talent lies in developing & improving procedures and have actually built my career on designing workflow tools (web apps) to streamline processes.
    This sounds like Te again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Way Ticket View Post
    The only time I can recall getting really angry has almost always been directed at upper management for making incompetent decisions and trying to put in practise ridiculous/pointless procedures or unnecessary policies. I've gone to war over things like that.
    "You're doing my base function wrong--it should be really obvious and I'm really confident I'm evaluating this correctly."

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Way Ticket View Post
    I definitely relate more with LIE than EIE.
    As you can see, I think what you posted bleeds Te, so I would agree with you here.

  5. #5
    A Tiger livin' in a zoo.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    304
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Interesting.

    Are there any decent type descriptions for LIE?

  6. #6
    crazedrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    moon
    Posts
    4,885
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LIE is plausible.
    INTp

  7. #7
    A Tiger livin' in a zoo.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    304
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazedratXII View Post
    LIE is plausible.
    Just out of my own possibly morbid curiosity, how did you come to that semi-conclusion?

  8. #8
    crazedrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    moon
    Posts
    4,885
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    from using vague memories and fitting a random guess to them
    INTp

  9. #9
    A Tiger livin' in a zoo.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    304
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coolanzon View Post
    Se/Ni over Si/Ne I think. Judicious types are driven by personal reward and comfortable conditions over material gain. Even if a lot of JuJu's typings can be nonsensical, I think he made an excellent comment about Se/Ni: it's a culture of big dreams and extravagant consumption.
    Just reading over this again. I've definitely always had "big dreams," from as early as I can remember I've held the belief (and expressed it) that I'm going to be rich by 30. Hah.

  10. #10
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Way Ticket View Post
    Just reading over this again. I've definitely always had "big dreams," from as early as I can remember I've held the belief (and expressed it) that I'm going to be rich by 30. Hah.
    Yes, compared to the Guls and the Ishas of the world who are quite content doing what they're good at and gives them personal satisfaction.

  11. #11
    Marie84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    2,359
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Do you feel that you're lacking but in need of Fi or Si?
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

  12. #12
    wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,107
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LIE sounds right. Getting very angry over practical matters as opposed to interpersonal matters points away from EIE, imo (who would be more likely to locate the offense in an interpersonal source/reason even if the offense arose because of a practical disagreement).

    Currently I'm on major burn out, having worked the last two years pretty much 12-14 hours a day. So much so that it's just recently compromised my immune system. Doc says I need to take it easy for a couple months, which I won't do. Heh.
    Sounds Si superego > Si superid. Do you get annoyed when people tell you to stop working so hard and focus on your body's needs? Does it feel like needed, helpful advice, or unnecessary, annoying distraction?
    Rarely do groups of friends (but unfortunately it can be a bit of a necessity) -- instead preferring the company of one or two friends. In saying that, I love being the outsider in new groups, most often preferring to be new in a large group of people. I definitely enjoy that dynamic.
    Hmmm... the first part sounds gamma, but the fact that you love being the outsider in groups does not sound LIE, sounds more SEE. But there could be all sorts of factors accounting for that.

    Do you have any type guesses for people who are close to you?
    Not a rule, just a trend.

    IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

    Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

    I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

  13. #13
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    Do you feel that you're lacking but in need of Fi or Si?
    this is not something that you can easy see in yourself.
    unreliable method.

  14. #14
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What surprises me, is when the LIE typing would be correct, how a LIE can mistake himself for being an ethical type.

  15. #15
    Marie84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    2,359
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    this is not something that you can easy see in yourself.
    unreliable method.
    It's still worth analyzing your perceived strengths and weaknesses
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

  16. #16
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    It's still worth analyzing your perceived strengths and weaknesses
    formulated like this it makes more sense.

    now you're making more of a dichotomy from it, which is easyer to choose from.

  17. #17
    A Tiger livin' in a zoo.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    304
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    Do you feel that you're lacking but in need of Fi or Si?
    To be honest, I can't be sure. In regards to Si, I can only relate it insofar as the state I keep my apartment in. It's not of any concern to me at all, but I try to keep it in a good state more so for visitors and the like. I keep my apartment welcoming for other people. I've lived in some pretty crappy apartments and it's never bothered me. When I moved into my current place, I had my crap strewn about everywhere, it wasn't a concern to me until I knew other people were going to see it. I'm not sure whether that's a need for Si. But yes I'm definitely lacking.

    I only started to really doubt my IEE typing when I got more of a grasp of Fi and how it supposedly relates to IEEs. Which I'm coming to terms with not relating to at all. I'm good at making friends and the ones that last have aspects of Fi. I don't think I'm good at maintaining close relations with people. I rarely share my feelings about people, although shamefully enough I sometimes imagine the conversations in my head, which is kind of weird. These conversations rarely happen, and even rarer they're initiated by me.

    So yes, I'm lacking in both. As objectively as I can I suspect I desire Fi more. But it's hard to be that objective considering the subject matter, especially as this is probably the first time I've really considered it directly.

    Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    Sounds Si superego > Si superid. Do you get annoyed when people tell you to stop working so hard and focus on your body's needs? Does it feel like needed, helpful advice, or unnecessary, annoying distraction?
    I find it mildly irritating. How can I relax or take it easy when I have so much to do? When I have x deadline that I'm busting my ass to achieve, the thought of deliberately "taking it easy" is stressful as I'm just making my life harder in the long run (for example, 4 days until deadline, instead of 5.) There's quite a few people who like to tell me that I need to take it easy, sleep better, "take care of myself" better. I don't see it as helpful and disregard it pretty quickly, as I told my doctor: it's not going to happen.

    Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    Hmmm... the first part sounds gamma, but the fact that you love being the outsider in groups does not sound LIE, sounds more SEE. But there could be all sorts of factors accounting for that.
    Outsider was probably the wrong term. And by large, I really mean about 15 people max, lol. As long as they're the right type of people. It could also be the way I'm feeling at the moment as I've neglected my social life over the last year, so I've started to force myself to meet new people and to focus on making friends with similarly ambitious & interesting people.

    Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    Do you have any type guesses for people who are close to you?
    No typings I'm very confident of. I suspect my father is LII. I'm also 80% positive my ex is ESE [Edit: I had LSE here, but I meant to put ESE]. Which is probably the most confident I've ever been about my "typings" of others. [Another edit] After thinking about this a little bit more, I'm very confident that she is ESE, this would make her the first person who is close to me that I've put in the energy to determine her type, even though it was fairly obvious to me. We have a good friendship but did not make a good couple.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    What surprises me, is when the LIE typing would be correct, how a LIE can mistake himself for being an ethical type.
    If I have indeed mistaken it, it would possibly be because I've confused manners and tact with, for lack of a better word, ethicalness. I always thought I was a people person because I've always gotten on with people. But in retrospect I don't think I've ever been good at actual closeness. If that is relevant and/or makes sense.
    Last edited by Wrong Way Ticket; 12-26-2009 at 05:02 PM.

  18. #18
    wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,107
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Way Ticket View Post
    To be honest, I can't be sure. In regards to Si, I can only relate it insofar as the state I keep my apartment in. It's not of any concern to me at all, but I try to keep it in a good state more so for visitors and the like. I keep my apartment welcoming for other people. I've lived in some pretty crappy apartments and it's never bothered me. When I moved into my current place, I had my crap strewn about everywhere, it wasn't a concern to me until I knew other people were going to see it. I'm not sure whether that's a need for Si. But yes I'm definitely lacking.
    Nothing you've said points to Si valuing, much less Si dual-seeking. I'm pretty confident in a vote of Si superego, LIE being most likely of those types (LIE, ILI, EIE, IEI).

    I only started to really doubt my IEE typing when I got more of a grasp of Fi and how it supposedly relates to IEEs. Which I'm coming to terms with not relating to at all. I'm good at making friends and the ones that last have aspects of Fi, to a point. I don't think I'm good at maintaining close relations with people. I rarely share my feelings about people, although shamefully enough I sometimes imagine the conversations in my head, which is kind of weird. These conversations rarely happen, and even rarer they're initiated by me.
    hahaha. I do that too. Possibly Ni related, but probably not type related at all.

    So yes, I'm lacking in both. As objectively as I can I suspect I desire Fi more. But it's hard to be that objective considering the subject matter, especially as this is probably the first time I've really considered it directly.
    Here's a question. Do you prefer people who are clear about their emotions at the moment (big expression on their face or some such), or people who don't necessarily wear their emotions on their face, but have strong emotional attachments regardless of how they express their emotions externally?

    I find it mildly irritating. How can I relax or take it easy when I have so much to do? When I have x deadline that I'm busting my ass to achieve, the thought of deliberately "taking it easy" is stressful as I'm just making my life harder in the long run (for example, 4 days until deadline, instead of 5.) There's quite a few people who like to tell me that I need to take it easy, sleep better, "take care of myself" better. I don't see it as helpful and disregard it pretty quickly, as I told my doctor: it's not going to happen.
    This also sounds Si superego, and I relate to it.
    Outsider was probably the wrong term. And by large, I really mean about 15 people max, lol. As long as they're the right type of people. It could also be the way I'm feeling at the moment as I've neglected my social life over the last year, so I've started to force myself to meet new people and to focus on making friends with similarly ambitious & interesting people.
    Huh. I dunno. I mean, that sounds somewhat Fe, or at least F > T, but it's probably just a human thing, insofar as most people like to meet people that are similar to them, interesting, etc.

    No typings I'm very confident of. I suspect my father is LII. I'm also 80% positive my ex is SEI [Edit: I had LSE here, but I meant to put SEI]. Which is probably the most confident I've ever been about my "typings" of others.
    Hmmm... alright. That's hard to type from, except perhaps the ex. How long did you date, and how did it go? Because it would be odd to be in a positive relationship with a conflictor for a very long time.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

    IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

    Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

    I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

  19. #19
    A Tiger livin' in a zoo.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    304
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    Hmmm... alright. That's hard to type from, except perhaps the ex. How long did you date, and how did it go? Because it would be odd to be in a positive relationship with a conflictor for a very long time.
    I messed this up. As I had a rethink about her type I felt the need to reanalyse it. I haphazardly editted in SEI and quickly realised my mistake (I thought I'd gotten to it quick enough to not have to point it out. I was wrong.) The best way to describe our relationship is "constant subtle misunderstanding," ie. we weren't on the same wave length most of the time.

  20. #20
    A Tiger livin' in a zoo.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    304
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    Here's a question. Do you prefer people who are clear about their emotions at the moment (big expression on their face or some such), or people who don't necessarily wear their emotions on their face, but have strong emotional attachments regardless of how they express their emotions externally?
    The latter. I'm trying to think about my reactions to external expressions of emotion. It depends on the emotion. External expression of happiness can be fun. Other more intense emotions I find it slightly confusing how to react to. Do I mirror it or simple acknowledge it? Slightly awkward if not confused.

    Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    Huh. I dunno. I mean, that sounds somewhat Fe, or at least F > T, but it's probably just a human thing, insofar as most people like to meet people that are similar to them, interesting, etc.
    Yeah, I think I'm having difficulty explaining myself here. In the past I've generally just had people around. Unless I actively dislike someone, their company doesn't bother me, this may be a bit of a duh, but in other words I've never been particularly discerning about the people I've spent time with, as long as we get along. But I'm trying to hang around more "like minded" people who enjoy the kind of conversations I like to have, which has been one of the biggest challenges I've really had. Most people tend to shy away from intense conversations about politics, economics, etc. Which I've just lived with. It's easier to find more like-minded people in new groups. Or at the very least not bore my nearest & dearest too often.

  21. #21
    crazedrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    moon
    Posts
    4,885
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    the way you talk is LIE
    INTp

  22. #22
    wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,107
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Way Ticket View Post
    Yeah, I think I'm having difficulty explaining myself here. In the past I've generally just had people around. Unless I actively dislike someone, their company doesn't bother me, this may be a bit of a duh, but in other words I've never been particularly discerning about the people I've spent time with, as long as we get along. But I'm trying to hang around more "like minded" people who enjoy the kind of conversations I like to have, which has been one of the biggest challenges I've really had. Most people tend to shy away from intense conversations about politics, economics, etc. Which I've just lived with. It's easier to find more like-minded people in new groups. Or at the very least not bore my nearest & dearest too often.
    Nah, you're expressing yourself fine, in my opinion. From what you've said in this thread, I'd be fairly confident in typing you LIE. You sound Fe role too so there's more evidence.

    Also, you seem cool. I can relate about the conversations about politics and such, although I would sub in philosophy and literature for politics and economics. Good luck finding more like-minded people.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

    IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

    Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

    I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

  23. #23
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Way Ticket View Post
    If I have indeed mistaken it, it would possibly be because I've confused manners and tact with, for lack of a better word, ethicalness. I always thought I was a people person because I've always gotten on with people. But in retrospect I don't think I've ever been good at actual closeness. If that is relevant and/or makes sense.
    yeah, it's often confusing. Ethical and Extraverts are both people focussed.

    So introverts might think they are extravert when they are an ethical type.
    And extraverts might think they are ethical, when it's just their extraversion...

  24. #24
    A Tiger livin' in a zoo.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    304
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    Also, you seem cool. I can relate about the conversations about politics and such, although I would sub in philosophy and literature for politics and economics. Good luck finding more like-minded people.
    Thank you. I quite like conversations about philosophy as well. Literature not so much as my knowledge is limited. Actually finding like minded people hasn't been too difficult maintaining connections more meaningful than Facebook has been a bit of challenge, however.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    Are you an E3?

    You talked a lot about your work personality. Can you tell a bit about yourself in private? Can you describe how you relate to/understand your surroundings, and how you relate to yourself and your internal life?
    I haven't really been interested in Enneagram. I'll have a quick look at it now.

    Can you describe how you relate to/understand your surroundings
    I don't quite understand this question. I'll try my best:
    I don't get sentimental about things or places. I'm usually too focused on whatever I'm doing to notice my surroundings. I try to keep my surroundings tidy but often find myself postponing cleanups almost indefinitely (ie until I really can't avoid it anymore) and the thought of spending an hour focusing on my surroundings irritates me.

    how you relate to yourself and your internal life?
    I don't know how I relate to myself. How does one relate to themself? The question confuses me.

    My internal life is generally made up of thoughts of mapping out where my "projects" (work & personal) are headed or where I can take them. Sometimes out of a sense excitement, other times because I know I'm not going to like it when I get there. So I think ahead and make note of all my options and often think up possible "escape" or "B" plans. This is the only internal life I can accurately comment on and I only actively notice it when I've shut my eyes and am going to sleep. I really can't say that I actively focus on my "internal life" unless there's nothing else taking my concentration.

  25. #25
    A Tiger livin' in a zoo.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    304
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    I could possibly be a 3.

    WHY do you "do" things all the time. What drives you?
    There's a desire to be successful. Also an inner need to pursue my ideas and make proper use of my talents. I don't want to say "to impress others" but there are aspects of that of course.

    How do you keep internally balanced, if you do? (What relaxes you? What do you long for? etc.)
    I don't keep internally balanced. At least not consciously. I couldn't even really describe what "internally balanced" means to me. Truth be told I actually find the question a little irritating to think about, because I don't consider myself "internally unbalanced" but have never put thought into "keeping internally balanced" before.

    I just battle through things. I don't let things phase me "internally" too often and even when I do it's transient.

    I hate the expression "long for," I associate it with pining for, it sounds very consuming. I suppose I desire intimacy to some extent. I desire material success insofar that my dreams are not bound by financial limitations.

  26. #26
    Marie84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    2,359
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LIE does make sense, based on how you describe yourself. Si valuers tend to have a harder time enduring discomfort, whereas you seem to be comfortable neglecting it for the most part, at least if it gets in the way of doing your job I gather.
    The inability to share personal sentiments and maintain relations likely points to Fi seeking, rather than Fi creative
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

  27. #27
    A Tiger livin' in a zoo.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    304
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    so try to keep "how you see things" and "how your E3-fixation sees things" separated when you read.
    How my E3 fixation sees things?

  28. #28
    A Tiger livin' in a zoo.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    304
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    Ime, E3s have no problems forming opinions about things in general, only about themselves, as they unconsciously confuse what others have told about them with reality (confusing persona for ego). I guess it can be true for all types, but I don't think it's a coincidence that E3s on this site seem to question their type more often than other enneagram types.
    I must confess to not being particularly interested in Enneagram, at least for the time being. I'm happy with just making a confident self-typing. I am pretty sold on LIE at the moment. The descriptions I've read have fit rather accurately. Moreso than I think IEE ever did.

  29. #29
    A Tiger livin' in a zoo.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    304
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazedratXII View Post
    the way you talk is LIE
    I meant to comment on this much earlier. What exactly do you mean by that?

  30. #30
    JuJu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Springfield, Massachusetts, USA
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    2,704
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There's a lot that you've written in this thread, which points to valued Ni... (E.g. you wrote about "mapping out projects," "plan Bs," and escapes, etc. These are things that engage my Ni as well.)

    LIE aside, (that may well be the correct type--specifically Ni-LIE>Te-LIE,) have you considered that you might be Ni-ENFj..?

    Ni-ENFjs come across differently than the stereotypical ENFj--at this forum, they're frequently confused with LIEs, (e.g. many people here type the former user Ashton as LIE, when he's actually Ni-ENFj.)

    Ni-ENFjs seem drier, less emotionally forceful, and more composed than my subtype. They can be prickly, caustic, and ruthless.

    Ni-ENFjs include cult leader David Koresh and James Cameron, (director of avatar and Titanic.) Compare with Fe-ENFjs like cult leader Jim Jones and Seth MacFarlane, (creator of Family Guy and American Dad.)

    I've noticed that Ni-ENFjs--overall, and very generally vs. Fe-ENFjs--tend to be more interested in subjects like economics and politics, (perhaps b/c of the connection between Se and Ni,) whereas Fe-ENFjs tend to be more interested in the arts (perhaps b/c of extremely strong Fe.)

    I relate to a lot of what you've written about success and financial gain--that's Se hidden agenda. Also, I relate to what you wrote about Si--and frankly what you wrote in general.

    I don't detect a lot of Te in what you've written; however, that may be due to the nature of the thread.

  31. #31
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    I don't detect a lot of Te in what you've written; however, that may be due to the nature of the thread.
    Focus on streamlining processes and efficiency?

    It's like how I see the world in terms of causal links, junctures and opportunities due to my Ne base.

  32. #32
    JuJu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Springfield, Massachusetts, USA
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    2,704
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coolanzon View Post
    Focus on streamlining processes and efficiency?
    True; however, I do this as well... As an ENFj, Te isn't my polr--so I'm not bad with these things... Obviously, they're desirable characteristics, so I attempt them.

    What I meant is this: generally Te valuers have a way of expressing themselves, which to me comes across as instructional, step-by-step, somewhat pedantic (and I mean this in the least pejorative sense...) Forum member Azeroffs, for example, comes across this way to me. I haven't noticed it yet with WWT, but perhaps I'm missing it. (I don't trust online communication as an accurate way to type.)

    As I was reading the thread, honestly the Ni kept showing up again and again... Se agenda as well... I can't tell the other IM elements.

  33. #33
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    True; however, I do this as well... As an ENFj, Te isn't my polr--so I'm not bad with these things... Obviously, they're desirable characteristics, so I attempt them.
    Yes, but you're "I can see the value, so I make attempts in areas related to this function". WWT is "I'm pretty damn swell at this area and deliberately modeled my entire career around it".

    Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    As I was reading the thread, honestly the Ni kept showing up again and again... Se agenda as well... I can't tell the other IM elements.
    I can agree there. Though, I would've just framed it as his worldview smacks of Decisive. This is a good point, though: I'm not sure a Se DS would necessarily show the "big dreams, heavy consumption" as much?

  34. #34
    A Tiger livin' in a zoo.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    304
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huginn View Post
    @gul, if someone works in IT and seems to have built a career based on their awesomeness in Te, what that means is that they work in IT. I watched an SEE, ESI and LSE work together and you wouldn't guess any were ethical types until you see them without a computer.
    I have to agree with this.

    Ni-ENFj is an interesting proposition. The description of the subtype is definitely intriguing.

    Their tendency towards jealousy and distrust leads them to accumulate emotions, which must be periodically discharged through quarrels, reconciliations, etc. Have need of a moderately emotional, thoughtful, persistent and initiative-taking partner who knows how to quiet them, encourage them, and inspire them with confidence in their feelings.
    This is definitely true of me. As is the rest of the subtype description.

    I think I'd need a video of me interacting with people to be sure. Like a football play by play. I'm too close to the subject matter.

  35. #35
    A Tiger livin' in a zoo.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    304
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So I've decided to go with EIE-Ni, made more sense to me when I broke the functions down in a concerted effort. Thanks to all who played along. I'd still be happy to hear more arguments to my type, but only because I like the attention.

    Cheers.
    Last edited by Wrong Way Ticket; 01-12-2010 at 06:10 PM.

  36. #36
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    There's a lot that you've written in this thread, which points to valued Ni... (E.g. you wrote about "mapping out projects," "plan Bs," and escapes, etc. These are things that engage my Ni as well.)
    I do this, too. I have always attributed it to Te or Ne.

    PS: I don't want to make this about me, but I have always related to WWT a lot and this thread messes with my head!
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

  37. #37
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Funny that, Kim; I typed an ESE who looked unspeakably like you just the other day.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  38. #38
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Funny that, Kim; I typed an ESE who looked unspeakably like you just the other day.
    ESE is certainly more likely than EIE. It's an idea I could entertain. :wink:
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

  39. #39
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    the best way to confirm your selftyping is to check if your relationships with certain types are correct according to socionics definitions.

  40. #40
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    the best way to confirm your selftyping is to check if your relationships with certain types are correct according to socionics definitions.
    I agree and that, in my case, points to IEE. My relationships with ILIs (I consider my second most likely type to be SEE) tend to start out on shaky grounds and always require effort to understand each other. With LIIs, I am secretly worried that they think I am stupid and while they are always nice and we get along great, I cannot shake the suspicion that they don't quite take me seriously. My interactions with SLI are very comfortable and easy. I also feel uncomfortable in beta settings and beta generally think of me as a moralizing bore (some of them lovingly, I hope - as lovingly as I think of them as being inconsiderate jerks :wink.

    Which leads me to a question for WWT (and back on topic): How do you account for your assumption that your previous dual is actually your conflictor?
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •