Thread: SLE/ESTp stereotypes: action, confrontation, hyperactive type of energy

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SLE/ESTp stereotypes: action, confrontation, hyperactive type of energy

This video got me thinking about SLE stereotypes. Granted, he's a kid, but there are adults sort of like that, too.

Questions:

1.) Do all SLE's have that stereotypical EP "everywhere at once" type of energy? Or are there some who are more quietly contained in their mannerisms?

2.) The SLE stereotype is one of someone who will easily say "fuck you" or other rude things to people and not worry about the consequences as if they either don't mind that they're offensive or are amused that they are. Are there SLE's who are less likely to be as casually offensive/flippant and instead unintentionally offend people by being too cold, demanding, logical, insensitive, or pragmatic? Perhaps being too talkative/loud or not realize that they're accidentally being too pushy or touching on an uncomfortable subject?

3.) Is it common for SLE's to avoid confrontation when possible because they prefer to settle things rationally and amicably? Or is being quick to jump into arguments/fights par for the course? If someone is starting to yell at them, are they pretty much always going to rise to the challenge, or might they try to respond in a calm manner aimed to defuse the situation?

4.) Is SLE energy usually more of a hyperactive type of energy or for some of them is it more of an easily get up and go do stuff when they feel like it, even if it's stuff that requires a fair amount of effort?

5.) Are SLE's impulsive in an impetuous way? Or is it more of a very immediate, ADHD like sort of impulsiveness? Grabbing things and moving around aimlessly a lot vs. deciding that they want something and then going straight for it (less immediate and physical, but still impulsive).
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2.) The SLE stereotype is one of someone who will easily say "fuck you" or other rude things to people and not worry about the consequences as if they either don't mind that they're offensive or are amused that they are.
    Why worry about shit that ain't happened yet?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's necessary to consider the consequences of your actions in order to survive.
    SEE

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You said worry, not consider.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bad choice of words on my part then.
    SEE

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3.) Is it common for SLE's to avoid confrontation when possible because they prefer to settle things rationally and amicably? Or is being quick to jump into arguments/fights par for the course? If someone is starting to yell at them, are they pretty much always going to rise to the challenge, or might they try to respond in a calm manner aimed to defuse the situation?
    Don't get this one either. How can something not rational be settled rationally? Confrontation is like playing a game of chicken. Both sides escalate their aggression until one side quits. That's how it's always been.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hence the desire to avoid it when there are more effective (or less potentially destructive) options. I'm not afraid of confrontation by any means, but I avoid it when possible. I'm not quick to jump into confrontations.
    SEE

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay. I quit. :wink: Merry christmas.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Merry Christmas.
    SEE

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

1.) Do all SLE's have that stereotypical EP "everywhere at once" type of energy? Or are there some who are more quietly contained in their mannerisms?

Hmm. It's both to me. It's both 'everywhere at once' and also self-contained. Similar to the INFp actually but in a less daydreamy way.

2.) The SLE stereotype is one of someone who will easily say "fuck you" or other rude things to people and not worry about the consequences as if they either don't mind that they're offensive or are amused that they are. Are there SLE's who are less likely to be as casually offensive/flippant and instead unintentionally offend people by being too cold, demanding, logical, insensitive, or pragmatic? Perhaps being too talkative/loud or not realize that they're accidentally being too pushy or touching on an uncomfortable subject?

Their fuck yous sound more serious, grounded and effectual than heated fuck yous. Anger has kind of a way to make the angry person look like the asshole instead of the tough guy.

Well, a smart SLE would let that person self-destruct, an SLE that feels imbalanced would probably pick a lot of needless fights.

4.) Is SLE energy usually more of a hyperactive type of energy or for some of them is it more of an easily get up and go do stuff when they feel like it, even if it's stuff that requires a fair amount of effort?

More laid-back than hyperactive, hyperactive is much more Ej. It's more of the energy that is 'get up and go do stuff when they feel like it, even if it requires effort.' It's not hyperactive at all, that is ej. And there's not so much 'effort' involved with this because effort implies some sort of struggle or tension that shouldn't be there, it just kinda happens naturally. It would be an effort for ME but not for an SLE.

5.) Are SLE's impulsive in an impetuous way? Or is it more of a very immediate, ADHD like sort of impulsiveness? Grabbing things and moving around aimlessly a lot vs. deciding that they want something and then going straight for it (less immediate and physical, but still impulsive).

Nah they are more confident and chilled. That sort of behavior represents insecurity and internal anxiety to me. SLEs would more like, cooly and dryly insult people.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For a good example of a "contained" SLE, see Anthony Hopkins.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with B&D--everything he said seems right to me, ime.
    IEI-Fe 4w3