Thread: Is it impossible for an ILE to be a 5?

TIM
    Ni-IEI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Is it impossible for an ILE to be a 5?

I've been wondering this. Is this truly an impossible combination?
    IEI

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The user Hkkmr here is an ENTp-Ti, he self type himself on Ennegaram as a 5. But I personally don't think he is a 5.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Impossible? I want to say yes.

I find it unlikely that any type other than Ni or Ti base could be a 5. It's definitely possible to have 5 in your trifix though.

Ne-base focuses strongly on potentials and usually feel the need for new experiences and are almost stereotypically 7s or 6s. 5s especially 5w4, are very content within their own heads for long periods of time.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Alpha NT 5w4 so/sx
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTp's can be 5's methinks.

I'm content with being in my head for long periods of time, but you'd need to elaborate.
    OPERATION POOPLAIR

Now conscripting, for more information come here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...48#post1003048

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by OnePiece View Post
    I've been wondering this. Is this truly an impossible combination?
    Impossible is a bit strong, there is no well established link between enneagram types and socionics.

However there is really one main problem you encounter when considering an ENTp 5. A major theme of the 5 is being more isolated, eccentric, and well frankly like a hermit who spends more time in there own head than in the outside world. The behavior of an ENTp is more in line with that of an extrovert, so this is probably the greatest conflict that leads to making it unlikely that ENTp's can be 5.

Impossible however is unlikely, there are so many arguments one could make for or against an ENTp 5 that its mindboggling. Also enneagram and socionics don't have a widely accepted translation, partly because there derived from different ideas. Its not just like trying to translate spanish into english or classical music into jazz... its like trying to translate jazz into english... they aren't just two different languages to express personality... they are two different methods to express personality.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Alpha NT 5w4 so/sx
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well said.
    OPERATION POOPLAIR

Now conscripting, for more information come here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...48#post1003048

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most ILEs I know are 7s or 6s, but that doesn't mean there aren't any 5s (I might know one and not even know it).

Einstein is a famous example of an ILE 5w4. I think that's why a lot of people challenge his type, because being a 5 is not really in line with the concept of what an ILE is, as HLD said. I think the main conflict lies in the fact that 5s have an astounding ability to focus, while ILEs are known to have an incredible lack of focus.

That's probably why some people might think I'm a different enneatype, because being a 3w2 is really not in line with the concept of what an LII is (but few question my sociotype). I know of at least 3 others with the same type combination as me IRL.

I don't like the idea of there being a "rare" combination of E and S types though. If you can find one, you can find more.
    Last edited by electric sheep; 12-23-2009 at 07:08 AM.
    The saddest ESFj

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, the behavior of an ENTp is more in line with an extrovert.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What happens when one's Enneatype and Socionics type don't mesh is a lot of internal conflict.

As a (probable) ILE 3w2, I think that perhaps (role), rather than , "dominated" my personality when I was younger. I was miserable since I could never live up to my own expectations, though, as I've said in another thread, I was more dutiful and organized than I am now. I was also going against my "true" nature.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    Its not just like trying to translate spanish into english or classical music into jazz... its like trying to translate jazz into english... they aren't just two different languages to express personality... they are two different methods to express personality.
    Yeah. I'd liken Socionics and Enneagram to two flashlights, shining on the same unknown object from different angles. They can certainly cast different shadows.

From my understanding, Enneagram is more about internal motivations and fulfilment, where Socionics describes the psyche. They can conflict.
    IEE-Ne | ENFP | 4w3-6w7-9w1 so/sp/sx | sCoA|I| | Sanguine/Choleric | Benevolent Inventor

birthday frog wishes you a happy birthday
    birthday frog will give you presents and a card on your birthday
    birthday frog is Fe incarnate

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by electric sheep View Post
    Most ILEs I know are 7s or 6s, but that doesn't mean there aren't any 5s (I might know one and not even know it).

Einstein is a famous example of an ILE 5w4. I think that's why a lot of people challenge his type, because being a 5 is not really in line with the concept of what an ILE is, as HLD said. I think the main conflict lies in the fact that 5s have an astounding ability to focus, while ILEs are known to have an incredible lack of focus.

That's probably why some people might think I'm a different enneatype, because being a 3w2 is really not in line with the concept of what an LII is (but few question my sociotype). I know of at least 3 others with the same type combination as me IRL.

I don't like the idea of there being a "rare" combination of E and S types though. If you can find one, you can find more.
    I think it's different with LII being E3. If an LII is going to be a heart triad type, what type do you think they're going to be? Most likely 3, probably 3w2, and behold, there you are!

An E5 ILE is like an E7 LII. Doesn't really make sense, but it's hard to say it's impossible. I suppose if an extroverted type was going to be E5, it would be ENTx.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    I think it's different with LII being E3. If an LII is going to be a heart triad type, what type do you think they're going to be? Most likely 3, probably 3w2, and behold, there you are!
    woohoo! I made it! But yea I get what you mean, the 3-6-9 types are all over the place. Especially 3s (as you well know).

An E5 ILE is like an E7 LII. Doesn't really make sense, but it's hard to say it's impossible. I suppose if an extroverted type was going to be E5, it would be ENTx.
    Some famous non-INTx 5s:
    Bill Gates (ENTj)
    Gillian Anderson (ESTj)
    Steven Hawking (ENTp)

I think an old friend of mine might have been a ESTj 5w6, but I can't be sure. I'm sure that he was ESTj though.
    The saddest ESFj

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    From my understanding, Enneagram is more about internal motivations and fulfilment, where Socionics describes the psyche. They can conflict.
    +1