Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gul's Gul and Isha's typing thread

Creepy-male

Default Gul's Gul and Isha's typing thread.

Made entirely without her consent, naturally

I thought I'd cash in on the latest frenzy of "type-me" threads.

So, there are three things to do here: Gul's type, Isha's type, Gul and Isha's intertype (are you sold on us being !!EPIC DUALZ!!? Maybe you just take our self-typings for granted and accept Duality as following from that? Maybe you have an opinion on our intertype that contradicts our self-typings? ).

Here are some prospective options to get you started. Perhaps you might want to invalidate some of them? Give your arguments for some of them? Give an option I didn't list? Shoot!

Options for Gul: ILE, IEE, SEI, ESE
    Options for Isha: SLI, LII, EII

Alright peeps. You have free reign now. Go go go!

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gul: SEI
    Isha: LII

*wipes hands*
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Gul: SEI
    Isha: LII

*wipes hands*
    As always, I am ever-interested in your opinion. Care to elaborate? I'm also interested in why you think we're Activators.

Though I guess if people say we have great chemistry, a catalytic relationship would make sense. Lolpuns.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's just my separate impressions of each of you. I have always thought of Isha as providing me with Ti, in one fashion or another, and I think Se PoLR makes sense for her. I think SEI is the obvious type for you due to your obvious phlegmatic nature punctuated by hyperactivity and overt expressiveness. You're both 9w1, you being so/sx and Isha being sp/sx.

Under cerulean skies...

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gul, you are kind of a benchmark for Ne dominant. I think you're an ILE, you seem much more logical than ethical (in the same sense that I seem more logical than ethical), and you tend to favor Ti thinking, Fe spirit, it certainly comes off that way in your videos, and I think you're a pretty cool person. ILEs and ILIs have a way of getting along well together, depending on who it is. Your Fe is light, something I could slightly enjoy if I were in the mood. I don't have a close ILE friend, but I imagine they would be fun to hang out with, again depending on who it is. Isha might very well be ILI instead of SLI. I believe her to be Te creative simply because that is what I get from her, but I guess I could reinvestigate my past reasoning to explain it to you.

I think you may be taking intertype relations too seriously in the sense that you two are duals, and forgetting that ILEs and ILIs can be pretty easygoing and likable people, and may like each others company: IPs like EPs, both are irrational, have similar interests. More notably an ILE/ILI relation is something I have certainly witnessed with others. It's not incredibly classic, but viable. A relation of mine, that is more activating than interest built is that of ILI-SLE, where I think ILI-ILE relation would be better for interesting discussions and a learning experience.

Creepy-male

I have always thought of Isha as providing me with Ti, in one fashion or another, and I think Se PoLR makes sense for her.
    Yes, Isha has commented similarly that you think what she says is golden.

Why do you think Se PoLR makes sense?

I think SEI is the obvious type for you due to your obvious phlegmatic nature punctuated by hyperactivity and overt expressiveness. You're both 9w1, you being so/sx and Isha being sp/sx.
    Interesting. While being somewhat phlegmatic is something that I identify with internally, I think a lot of people would perhaps reverse the two: I'm hyperactive and very expressive with still periods of listlessness. Much earlier on, Isha even commented that I had a lot of energy that was very hard to keep up with. I'm also interested in what gives you this impression of me.

Also, I have a vague impression of her as being sp/so. Why do you think sp/sx? Enneagram stackings are admittedly an area of weakness for me.

--

Anyway, so you don't feel neglected, polikujm (I really love typing your name, btw... polikujmpolikujmpolikujm)...

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    I think you may be taking intertype relations too seriously in the sense that you two are duals, and forgetting that ILEs and ILIs can be pretty easygoing and likable people, and may like each others company: IPs like EPs, both are irrational, have similar interests. More notably an ILE/ILI relation is something I have certainly witnessed with others. It's not incredibly classic, but viable. A relation of mine, that is more activating than interest built is that of ILI-SLE, where I think ILI-ILE relation would be better for interesting discussions and a learning experience.
    I think shared interests are kind of apart from type, actually, but these is a good point; Isha and I do have a whole heap of them. Of interest to Gilly is no doubt the fact the she's actually much more able to readily quantify what these are, actually. Perhaps evidence that she is the one with the Ne, not me.
    Last edited by male; 12-22-2009 at 09:40 PM.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coolanzon View Post
    I think shared interests are kind of apart from type, actually, but these is a good point; Isha and I do have a whole heap of them.
    Right, which is why an ILE-ILI relation would look fairly great, compared to one where interests and philosophy were different. In a sense, you two share similar themes. It's nothing like SEI with LII if you ask me. But to explain the depth of your relationship in a Socionics way would be rather limiting, not that many elements couldn't be elucidated upon. That is in fact what Socionics tries to encapture, and I think it does here, just in a less conspicuous sense than traditional one way logic.

Perhaps evidence that she is the one with the Ne, not me.
    Like I said, I have reason to see you as the Ne dominant type, sort of a benchmark. And thanks about the name. I invented it so that people would cherish me.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been meaning to post this in your last few type-me threads, but never got around to it.

It may not mean much, and I'm not sure how to actually explain it well, but I see you acting in a sort of "omg guys, look at my awesome Ne skills!" way that feels uncharacteristic of an ego-function. Ego functions seem to me to be the sort of thing that just *is*, in a way, it's just how you normally and naturally are, how you act and think when you're just being yourself without trying to be a certain way, and it's not something you really pay a lot of attention to or try to get other people to notice in you, because it's normal to be that way for you.

Creepy-male

Deleted for IEE sense of privacy and individual humanity fail.
    Last edited by male; 01-02-2010 at 01:29 AM.

Creepy-male

Deleted for IEE sense of privacy and individual humanity fail.

--

Anyway, Zola, I think this rather contradicts what you were saying about my Ne being a "show". Apparently my dual here is somewhat impressed by my ego functions, which I had no idea were special or cool or amazing in any way (or that I was even using). Though, it's interesting: another user, Carla, said the exact same thing about my Fe, which I rather agree with (as you must have read in the first chat excerpt).

Sorry for the double post, ran out of images.
    Last edited by male; 01-02-2010 at 01:29 AM.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think IEE is so self-evident for Gul, that I'm not even interested in debating it.

I don't know Isha as well, but I do get a lot of Ti from her. I don't know if that's just SLI's Demonstrative Ti, or a sign of LII. Some Supervision relationships can be quite close, if the subtypes are right. I'm actually good friends with an IEE in Real Life myself.
    Quaero Veritas.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Akra View Post
    Really? I don't know Isha very well so I can't really say firsthand...but just this morning when you were trying to make me feel better you said what you tried worked on her. It didn't work on me, remember? You could chalk it up to non-socionics differences of course--I was just surprised to see it make the list.
    This is an excellent point.

Quote Originally Posted by Akra View Post
    Also, Gul and Isha mesh as Gul and Isha do, regardless of their duality or not. Like peanut butter and jelly. That's what I think at least--I'm less concerned with whatever typings you two actually are. I find that the fact that you go together so well is more important, imo. But perhaps it's out of place in this thread...
    But it's more fun to attribute everything to Socionics! And, I think that we get on so well is probably useful evidence for figuring out our intertype.

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    I think IEE is so self-evident for Gul, that I'm not even interested in debating it.
    BUT ARE YOU WILLING TO FIGHT A WAR FOR IT?

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    I don't know Isha as well, but I do get a lot of Ti from her. I don't know if that's just SLI's Demonstrative Ti, or a sign of LII. Some Supervision relationships can be quite close, if the subtypes are right. I'm actually good friends with an IEE in Real Life myself.
    Maybe Demonstrative? She commented that a lot of our early Socionics discussions were telling me I was wrong, focusing on the wrong things, and just generally unmuddling me after Brilliand's corrupting influence

Nowadays, I'm not sure? I don't think I talk about theoretical stuff with her all that often, but she apparently notices what we talk about much more easily than me, so I shall confer with her.

Anyway, it's difficult. I can compare Gul and Isha's relationship to Gul and LII friends' relationship, but also to Gul and Dave (SLI)'s relationship.

Though, I will comment, she doesn't strike me as being Intuitive in the least, and I have reservations about IJ temperament. I might flesh this out later.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BUT ARE YOU WILLING TO FIGHT A WAR FOR IT?

TO THE DEATH!!! GRAAAAGH!!!1!1!7

Maybe Demonstrative? She commented that a lot of our early Socionics discussions were telling me I was wrong, focusing on the wrong things, and just generally unmuddling me after Brilliand's corrupting influence

Nowadays, I'm not sure? I don't think I talk about theoretical stuff with her all that often, but she apparently notices what we talk about much more easily than me, so I shall confer with her.

Anyway, it's difficult. I can compare Gul and Isha's relationship to Gul and LII friends' relationship, but also to Gul and Dave (SLI)'s relationship.

Though, I will comment, she doesn't strike me as being Intuitive in the least, and I have reservations about IJ temperament. I might flesh this out later.
    I'M INTERESTED TO HEAR.... *ahem*, sorry. I'm interested to hear what you conclude.
    Quaero Veritas.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I supervise you like crazy, and you still haven't given me a compelling reason for being 9w1. IEE it is.
    The saddest ESFj

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by electric sheep View Post
    I think I supervise you like crazy, and you still haven't given me a compelling reason for being 9w1. IEE it is.
    You basically opened by telling me it wasn't even worth discussing with you, unless I misunderstood?

"There isn't some deep hidden thing about you that would totally change what type you are if I saw it--it just doesn't work like that."

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, how do you see yourself supervising me?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, actually you do seem easily supervised by LIIs.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

or rather, why you can't be a 7. No compelling reason for that.

You can still refute the possibility of being a 7, even though you act a hell of a lot like one.
    and I'm not the only one who thinks so:
    [12/14/2009 8:08:17 PM] Aleesha: but I think you have too much crazy energy for SEI
    [12/14/2009 8:19:40 PM] Aleesha: and you freely talk about your emotions
    [12/14/2009 8:19:43 PM] Aleesha: usually your positive ones
    [12/14/2009 8:19:52 PM] Aleesha: you tend to try to avoid talking about the negative one
    Last edited by electric sheep; 12-24-2009 at 11:07 AM.
    The saddest ESFj

Creepy-male

Why refute? I think it's a possibility, I just largely prefer E9 and I'm not overly willing to argue with you about it since you seem rather stuck in your ways and overly argumentative.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why refute? I think it's a possibility, I just largely prefer E9 and I'm not overly willing to argue with you about it since you seem rather stuck in your ways and overly argumentative.
    why did you start this thread then? Just be whatever type you prefer.
    The saddest ESFj

Creepy-male

why did you start this thread then? Just be whatever type you prefer.
    For Socionics discussion.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gul is ENTp

Isha could be any Ip, but INTp.
    The end is nigh

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    Gul is ENTp

Isha could be any Ip, but INTp.
    Do you see us as opposing quadras?

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no.

if you are entp and she is Ip but not INTp, then you could not be in opposing quadras, foo.
    The end is nigh

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    no.

if you are entp and she is Ip but not INTp, then you could not be in opposing quadras, foo.
    Your misplaced Oxford comma inhibited my comprehending your sentence, foo.

Anyway, why have you ruled out INTp?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gilly makes a fair point. i dont have much of an opinion for you. i know that you endlessly annoy me in ways only an alpha can. i've never had an ENFp annoy me so much.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratXII View Post
    gilly makes a fair point. i dont have much of an opinion for you. i know that you endlessly annoy me in ways only an alpha can. i've never had an ENFp annoy me so much.
    I've never had an ILI annoy me as much as you either. Personal acrimony is not necessarily type-related.

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your misplaced Oxford comma inhibited my comprehending your sentence, foo.

Anyway, why have you ruled out INTp?
    Mostly by my opinions on intertype.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From your posts and videos, I'd say IEE makes the most sense, heavily orientated which is the best kind of IEE
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Creepy-male

How would I design an experiment to evaluate whether or not Isha's awesome Ishahugs are the result of being Si base?

IGNORE HER SIGNATURE SHE'S MY DUAL. Btw.

EDIT

Though I'm pretty definitely Fi. We have a positive relationship so I don't want her type to change and dig my heels in more the more she presents sound reasoning as to why she's LII.

MORE EDIT

I hate sound reasoning :frown:

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im predicting your relationship will fall apart. anyway is isha out of the mental hospital?

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratXII View Post
    im predicting your relationship will fall apart.
    Her type hasn't changed though. Awesome Friends has proven pretty sturdy thusfar. Your prediction makes little sense.

Creepy-male

Interesting point: (p.s. Isha this what you get for needing to sleep, SCREW YOU!*) today finally revealed a values misalignment that possibly might point to opposite sides of Merry and Serious. What I'm curious about is that, unlike with SEIs, ILEs, or EIEs, even if it's a mismatch of worldview things, it seems to have very little impact on growing closeness, compared to those three types with whom I would say I have generally distant relationships with, from experience. Does this fact perhaps contradict Isha and I being on opposite sides of Merry and Serious?

Also, something to consider is that depressed hopelessness is not necessarily Ne DS and Ni Role.

*rat's prediction comes true

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isha is LII. No aristocracy in her at all, Se PoLR is clear IMO, and our dynamic basically consists of me feeding her Fe and her keeping me from flying into oblivion with Ti. She basically stopped me from going literally insane when I was in college

Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-male

Isha is LII. No aristocracy in her at all, Se PoLR is clear IMO, and our dynamic basically consists of me feeding her Fe and her keeping me from flying into oblivion with Ti. She basically stopped me from going literally insane when I was in college
    Yes, intertypes are going to be the most stubborn opposition to keeping her as my epic dual.

I swear on my sharp, pointy, white and glossy PoLR that I will find a way, though. *shakes fist*

EDIT

Even though my inclination to swallow her being LII in isolation (ie without considering intertypes) is tending to waver somewhat at the moment (compared to considering her intertypes which all point to an overall positive relationship with Fe and Merries and a poor one with Se).

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're an Alpha Irrational. You show no signs whatsoever of Aristocracy or Fi. You don't really type yourself IEE; you just think "ENFP" is a convenient solution to your type confusion. There's a big difference.

Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-male

You don't really type yourself IEE; you just think "ENFP" is a convenient solution to your type confusion. There's a big difference.
    What do you mean by that?

Also, in what ways do I not show Fi?

Also, I think ILE is out, as I just can't fathom Fi being my PoLR in the least. Similarly I take issue with Te PoLR as opposed to HA, but I can go into these reasons later.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know you have your convoluted little rationale points, but really, I think you just think that being "ENFP" works. I don't think you really see Fi in yourself; you seem in no way to have expectations as to how people should behave, or any kind of agenda as to how things should or could be; if I asked you how you would run the forum if you were me, you probably wouldn't even have thought about it much except for a few things you don't like that I do. You certainly don't seem like you separate people here on the forum into distinct groupings naturally, or at least observe them actively; you don't belong to any "grouping" that I can see, either explicitly or covertly...you just sort of do your own thing, and take other people along for the ride when it works for you. The only "grouping" I can place you in is the sort of naturally developing loose collectivity of Alphas who, incidentally, also generally enjoy this place as somewhere to socialize and occasionally discuss Socionics. IMO you fit right in with Kam, Bee, Archon, and dolphin as people who appreciate socionics periferally and the context it provides the forum, but aren't bent on doing anything with it and generally just want to relax and talk about stuff, with Socionics more as a medium of engagement rather than a tool that is being developed for a broader agenda.

Deltas would be the most inclined to stick to their own threads or smaller groupings, as is evidenced by Delta being the second most posted-in Quadra despite having the second fewest number of members; just barely ahead of Gammas, who post in their own quadra hardly at all (Alpha defies this rule by having an epic number of both threads and posts, but remember that Alphas vastly outnumber every other quadra on the forum combined, and have the most active members).

You do, on the other hand, kind of float around being lighthearted and looking to have fun in random, sometimes inappropriate places, and tend to get chewed out by people who feel like you disrupt either distinct groupings/specific dynamics between people, or focused conversation that is aimed at a tug-of-war between conflicting points of view. Look at OBVIOUS IEEs like Nicky/SlackerMom/whatever she has changed her user name to: she enters into conversations sometimes that aren't in Delta or where she might not have initially had a place, but she either takes or develops a new "side" to the argument, calmly stating her perspective and replying accordingly and constently. You just try to make mayhem and "fun" wherever you go, and pretty much disregard the obvious groupings or distinct positionings of people on the forum in your attempts to get some form of entertainment. You have no aristocratic agenda whatsoever; you easily attach yourself to individuals like Isha without involving yourself in her other relationships or feeling like it is necessary to get a sense of the "groups" she is sort of implicitly involved in: the workshop group, the old forum member group, etc. Your first priorities are obviously Fe and Si; you don't seem to care about anything else.

Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-male

Guess I'm back to being SEI again. Good points all from you, Mr Gilly.

Anyway, of course I think that IEE works. If I didn't think it made sense, I wouldn't have it as my typing, would I? Although a big part of it is other people making sense of my being IEE, to be fair.

Te PoLR could make sense, since evaluating whether information is true or useful is a massive blind spot for me. I mean, that's happening right now. Ryu says blah, Isha says blah, I think blah, but then Gilly rocks up and is like HALB SUCKAH and I suddenly am very confused and distrustful of my own arguments and really, really wish one of the two people I mentioned was around to make sense of it all.

Anyway, I'm basing this off the workshop SEI description.

EDIT

You could've timed your stupid sexy reasoning before Isha hopped quadras again. Now it just looks like I'm following her *shame*

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're not going anywhere; you've always been there. You only stand to gain from accepting the truth.

Again I'll say, I think mostly "ENFP" made sense for you, in an MBTI-Socioncs attempted hybrid sense; extrovert, intuitive, ethical, and irrational. But you're Alpha to the core.

Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-male

You're not going anywhere; you've always been there. You only stand to gain from accepting the truth.

Again I'll say, I think mostly "ENFP" made sense for you, in an MBTI-Socioncs attempted hybrid sense; extrovert, intuitive, ethical, and irrational. But you're Alpha to the core.
    More like, "Ne base, ethical, must be Fi because I look at people through personal sentiments" and a bunch of other such not-useful tibits of Evidense I think. But yeah.

EDIT

Don't I have a history of "comfort typings" anyway? Typings that make reasonable sense and are backed up by a bunch of people with confident opinions.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast