Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: SLEs/ESTps and the concept of "territory"

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default SLEs/ESTps and the concept of "territory"

    Can so one go into a little more depth please maybe some real life examples.

  2. #2
    The Soul Happy-er JWC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,808
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    No, but for the record I own this thread. It is mine and anyone who touches it will feel the full force of my god-like wrath.
    Easy Day

  3. #3
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    No, but for the record I own this thread. It is mine and anyone who touches it will feel the full force of my god-like wrath.
    *touching it very softly and carefully*
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  4. #4
    The Soul Happy-er JWC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,808
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    *touching it very softly and carefully*
    MINE! *Snaps at finger*
    Easy Day

  5. #5
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    MINE! *Snaps at finger*
    how do you know I'm touching it with my finger?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  6. #6
    wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,107
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    to this thread.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

    IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

    Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

    I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

  7. #7
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I imagine SLE's would have a very clear concept of property rights and ownership. A very clear concept of whose home/car/whatever they are in and that person's right to control it... and whose home/car/whatever their guests and in and their own right to control it.

    Example:

    Random Person: That guy is pretty cool, but he can get really weird about the music when he has people over. Like if you try to change it he might snap at you.
    SLE: Yeah, but it's his house. He can listen to whatever he wants to.


    Does this sound about right?
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,834
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    I imagine SLE's would have a very clear concept of property rights and ownership. A very clear concept of whose home/car/whatever they are in and that person's right to control it... and whose home/car/whatever their guests and in and their own right to control it.

    Example:

    Random Person: That guy is pretty cool, but he can get really weird about the music when he has people over. Like if you try to change it he might snap at you.
    SLE: Yeah, but it's his house. He can listen to whatever he wants to.


    Does this sound about right?
    But wouldn't that be basic boundaries? I also get really pissed off if people move/change things that are mine, in my space. And I'm very aware of other people's space and don't do anything to change it.

    I once asked an INFp if he would mind if someone stormed into his kitchen and started re-arranging everything without asking (that would really piss me off). He said it wouldn't at all, and he'd assume they were doing it for a reason that made sense. I would be like "uh, that's my kitchen and I like it like this." Unless it was an ISTp who would first explain why something should be moved and I'd agree first. Without permission I get MAD.

    I had an ESTp roommate who used to hide my teapot. She must have thought it was ugly or something, because it would always be gone in the cupboard. It was the only item I had in the rest of the apmt, aside from a toothbrush, etc. That would piss me off to no end, as she had her crap everywhere, everywhere and was super messy. arg...

    But in general most ESTps I think are respectful of other's boundaries and space. Not sure why I had so much to write here...must be bored...
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

  9. #9
    crazedrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    moon
    Posts
    4,885
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    if an SLE puts her hand on yours and leaves it there nonchalantly for a good bit as you two are doing a project (and not necessarily in a sexual context) does she actually probably want to sleep with you?
    INTp

  10. #10
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazedratXII View Post
    if an SLE puts her hand on yours and leaves it there nonchalantly for a good bit as you two are doing a project (and not necessarily in a sexual context) does she actually probably want to sleep with you?
    SLE's always like to touch my hair and fuck my haircut up.

    They like to touch, a friend of mine got a warning from his teacher because he received complaints that he was to touchy to students. Though my friend did this not on purpose.

    A girlfriend of mine touches everyone constantly as much that an IEI friend of mine (yes her dual) actually got angry with her and said something like if that bitch is touching me once more I'm gonna beat her.

    So SLE's and touching is common, I wouldn't search a hidden intention. So that's the bad news. The good news is that an SLE girlfriend of mine will sleep with anyone. So maybe your colleague has similar moral...

  11. #11
    crazedrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    moon
    Posts
    4,885
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hmm... most likely. alright good information.
    INTp

  12. #12
    The Soul Happy-er JWC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,808
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    I'm older than you and a woman, so you're out.
    FUCK!
    Easy Day

  13. #13
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    But wouldn't that be basic boundaries? I also get really pissed off if people move/change things that are mine, in my space. And I'm very aware of other people's space and don't do anything to change it.

    I once asked an INFp if he would mind if someone stormed into his kitchen and started re-arranging everything without asking (that would really piss me off). He said it wouldn't at all, and he'd assume they were doing it for a reason that made sense. I would be like "uh, that's my kitchen and I like it like this." Unless it was an ISTp who would first explain why something should be moved and I'd agree first. Without permission I get MAD.

    I had an ESTp roommate who used to hide my teapot. She must have thought it was ugly or something, because it would always be gone in the cupboard. It was the only item I had in the rest of the apmt, aside from a toothbrush, etc. That would piss me off to no end, as she had her crap everywhere, everywhere and was super messy. arg...

    But in general most ESTps I think are respectful of other's boundaries and space. Not sure why I had so much to write here...must be bored...
    I dont know, I'm INFp and i get pissed off if someone comes to my apt and starts rearranging my stuff (in particular, my ISFj mom). The reason is that I have things in the way that makes life easiest and most hassle free for me and where I will know where to find them. Maybe if an SLE did it, it would be different, since they are so awesomely pragmatic and would improve upon the way I had things, but my mom's way usually makes no sense to me whatsoever.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  14. #14
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    Interesting suggestion.

    OK. You keep the thread, but I get redbaron.
    zomg
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  15. #15
    The Soul Happy-er JWC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,808
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    Interesting suggestion.

    OK. You keep the thread, but I get redbaron.
    Absolutely not. I. Will. Fight you. -_-
    Easy Day

  16. #16
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sorry ladies, she's spoken for.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  17. #17
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Raise you hand if you've met her irl and are planning to again in the near future. And know her irl name.

    *raises hand*

    *looks around*

    That's what I thought, bitches.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  18. #18
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default




    IEI-Fe 4w3

  19. #19
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Word on the street is that Joy is SLE.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,834
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    I dont know, I'm INFp and i get pissed off if someone comes to my apt and starts rearranging my stuff (in particular, my ISFj mom). The reason is that I have things in the way that makes life easiest and most hassle free for me and where I will know where to find them. Maybe if an SLE did it, it would be different, since they are so awesomely pragmatic and would improve upon the way I had things, but my mom's way usually makes no sense to me whatsoever.
    That makes sense. You'd probably see the logic in what they were doing more than another type. I think the same would happen for me w/ an ISTp. Initially I might be mad, but then would assume they had some reason for it, where as another type I'd just get offended.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

  21. #21

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Saugerties,NY
    TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Posts
    947
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My stepmom is SLE and she always had to control things and people in her life. It was bizarre because my dad would have her make all the decisions and she was more than happy to take on this responsibility. I don't know what it is with some ego types, it's like they have to piss on everything to prove a point. I just think that is strange with my stepmom because as long as I've known her she has always had this expansive energy like she has to take in everything around her; I think it's symbolic too, she weighs like 300 lbs. now, she literally consumes everything.
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1


    As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •