Thread: Enneagram type 7 most charismatic type and ENFjs

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Enneagram type 7 most charismatic type and ENFjs

okay so enfjs are supposed to be the most charismatic type right?

well in enneagram, the most charismatic type is generally considered a 7

ENFjs dont really correlate with 7 on enneagram..so can someone explain how this is possible?

WHOSE RIGHT
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's really not that much correlation between charisma (or any other single charateristic) and type. Sure ENFj and 7 are probably the more charismatic, but that doesn't guarentee you're going to be more charismatic than everyone else.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7s are really enthusiastic and people tend to follow that. Think Jon Stewart, Conan O'Brian, The Crocodile Hunter, Coolanzon, Bill Nye, etc.

What enfjs did you have in mind as being especially charismatic?
    Gilly? ******? JuJu? Marilyn Manson? They all have a different brand of charisma. Not really someone I'd want to watch on TV or go to a party with, but still valuable.
    Last edited by electric sheep; 12-15-2009 at 02:35 AM.
    The saddest ESFj

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by electric sheep View Post
    Coolanzon
    I'm a Nine, shush. I have a harder time dealing with people's strong emotions than I do their problems, which I readily take on board. Hence clinical psychologist as a career choice.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    okay so enfjs are supposed to be the most charismatic type right?

well in enneagram, the most charismatic type is generally considered a 7

ENFjs dont really correlate with 7 on enneagram..so can someone explain how this is possible?

WHOSE RIGHT
    The reason you are confused is because charisma isn't such a simple thing on close inspection... Likely the ENFj's style of charisma is not completely coherent with the 7's style of charisma.

Like others have mentioned there is no "most charismatic type".... calling 7's charismatic is fine, but it doesn't pay to try to get too much mileage out of that idea. There are several types which fit the description of "charismatic" with different styles of charisma, ultimately you can't really label a type as "the charismatic type" because of this.

To understand the enneagram you have to look deeper to the type's motivation - this is really the only reliable way to describe types, every descript of the type is a result of various themes which result from a core motive.