Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Nyx from Persona 3

Pretty sure about IEI. What do you think?

Edit: Nevermind. Nyx is EIE.

Nyx gives the heroes a choice of either living in ignorance of their impending demise, and having no fear of it, or spending the remaining months until his advent living in apprehension of their impending doom. I believe he is a dominant subtype, meaning that he sees more than anything else, the fear of death right in front of him. In his view, people can choose how they deal with that fear, although one choice is not necessarily better than another....

Something about EIEs... they tend to have this obsession with fate. My ex-g/f had that, and it kinda worried me.
    Last edited by tcaudilllg; 12-14-2009 at 02:19 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The focus on beta Se represents, to me, Se(T) in the 6th position. It appears to be accepting, rather than producing: it is seen as a means on the one hand for attaining one's desired place (Ti(S)) and on the other hand for guidance. (also Ti(S)). ENFj looks to themselves for strength, and to others for guidance.

The experiences of producing vs accepting HA are apparently very different. It is not clear how they are different, however, or what these differences mean in practical terms.

Nyx is the "final" form of another character called Rioji, who I think is ENFj. From the above videos and the information we currently have, it is impossible to reliably distinguish ENFj from INFp with respect to Nyx's type; all we can say for sure is beta NF. However Rioji acts as a dominant subtype ENFj in the following scene.

Nyx's obsession with fate is a product of 3d Ni(F), which tries to assume the choices others will make using limited data and probability, thus an "expected, predictable" outcome.

What I am trying to understand at this point, is where he gets the idea from that the tarot "reveals all". This seems to me to involve at least four different functions.

I'd like to get perspective from other ENFjs if that's possible.
    Last edited by tcaudilllg; 12-15-2009 at 10:23 AM.