Thread: Hi everyone

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hi everyone

Guess I am INFj now. My rationale is reading the EII profile and agreeing with it and reading the functional definitions. Te is a little more iffy. idk
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamajama View Post
    Guess I am INFj now. My rationale is reading the EII profile and agreeing with it and reading the functional definitions. Te is a little more iffy. idk
    Hi, good luck...

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Welcome to Delta. What did you disagree with about SEI?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, give me a little time to construct something that makes sense.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

please, just don't respond to maritsa about this. do me/us a favor.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

"Sociotype: LSE|ESTj Enneatype: 8w9 So/Sp"
    Wow; are those existant categories?! *hurries to fill them in*

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    Please, just don't respond to Maritsa about this. Do me/us a favor.
    Capitalizations inserted. You should be ashamed of yourself.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You can't just become a type...or choose one.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First off, I will be bolding things that are common between EII and SEI, things that I thought were exclusive to SEI.

From the EII domain:
    "The happiness of others weighs heavily upon the shoulders of people of this type, a prime concern for certain. Introspective and prone to wild imaginings, they might not always seem like they're "all there" but odds are they are thinking of something interesting."
    I fulfill this exactly. I always have the most wild, imaginative things going on in my head. For example, a girl I know has no internet at her house. One of her facebook pictures was her holding her brother, looking like a hippie. I got the craziest idea in my head and I wrote, "I wish the internet was actually a part of your life! Now I imagine you sitting in a 15th century dungeon, dressed like a flower child and holding a small child, quite possibly a relation. Time travel is dangerous. Come back to the 21th century."

I definitely act like I am not fully there at times, and quickly enough, I become very sullen and introspective when a minute before I was running around and yelling about something that made no sense.

"We define ourselves by the way others react to us."
    I suffer from this. If someone responds favorably to me, I become happy. If the response is negative, then I become sad. Even if a response was less than what I expected, I can become even sadder on the inside, which I of course hide.

I hate when I feel like I am not being myself but I also am not sure who I am when it's just me. I am crazy and imaginative and even somewhat ambitious when I'm alone. I get a lot done when I'm by myself. But when I am around other people I have such a strong need to adapt to what they need from me and to become the person they need me to be in order to help them reach their fullest potential.
    I thought that the bolded meant that I was simply attuned to the emotional dynamic of the group. But I think it is more. I want to be everything and anything so that people will be pleased with me, that I feel that I have made other people happy and overly pleased! I want to see them beam and say to themselves that "He is such a nice guy. I want to make him my best friend in the whole world."

Now to the wikisocion article:

EIIs are very attuned to the psychological atmosphere of interaction and to their own feelings towards people and things. They treasure deep feelings of attachment and strive to deepen emotional bonds between people and harmonize relationships. When those people that the EII is close to suffer emotionally, the EII will do everything in her power to raise the emotional condition in the individual, often at the EII's expense.
    I thought harmony and raising a person's emotional state was an Si-Fe concept?

This makes them very sensitive to the moods of people, and they treat them the way they want to be treated, that is, with respect.
    That SEI guy in the SEI teaching thread said that he easily senses the moods of others. I also have an easy time doing it. I also follow the concept of treating people the way I would want to be treated. If I had a girlfriend, I wouldn't want single guys hitting on her, which is why I don't flirt with girls who I know are taken.

EIIs understand people very well. They often give good advice, and have a strong understanding of the inner workings of even the most complicated minds. They have well developed ideas concerning ideal emotional states for individuals, and always have advice as to how an individual can reach that ideal.
    One of the largest complaints of EIIs revolve around the idea of "wasted potential." A lot of their neuroses, and "drive," come from fears that they are not achieving the maximum possible ideal in a certain field or area of life. Unlike IEEs, though, EIIs consider "leveraging potential" more in terms of depth - mastery of one or several specific areas - rather than breadth.
    I love to give advice about everything, especially with interpersonal things. I love trying to piece info together to make something that makes sense. Now this wasted potential thing. I have never thought of that personally, but I can be very perfectionistic when it comes to something I enjoy doing, whatever that may be. However, I want to master everything. So I can teach everything.

EIIs are not easily able to abstract themselves from the human dimension and apply "cold" logic. When they try to do this, they easily become unsure if their reasoning is correct.
    EIIs feel that not everything can be classified under the system since everything has its unique individual attributes.
    Well yeah, cold logic sucks. But logic is logic, it makes sense. Simple as that. I am never really sure if I am reasoning things correctly, but that is part of being ethical right? You gotta push through.

EIIs are typically negligent of their surroundings and have difficulty keeping track of objects or constantly monitoring things and people around them.
    They can be passive and self-absorbed, often preferring to wait for things to happen rather than make them happen. As such, they tend to have quite a number of lost opportunities. To a certain extent, EIIs can be oblivious to hints from someone who is romantically interested in them. Therefore, this gives the other party the wrong impression that they are not interested in them.
    Outsiders often think the EII is oblivious to reality because they will often neglect basic needs. Although it is by no means necessary, this may also manifest itself as a general rejection or aversion to violence or force as a means or way of life.
    How can someone be negligent of their surroundings? I know where I am, and I know what is happening around me. I definitely let things pass me by. I am a very lazy and laidback person in my personal life. As far as I know, I suck with romance and girls. Nothing ever works out, so that is probably true that I am not good at romance. I want the girl to express her interest anyway.

I am horrible with using force to get anything. I would much more prefer hugs to violence.

EIIs have a great admiration for people who are able to get things done neatly and efficiently in the outside world. They themselves consistently forget to consider whether their activities are actually achieving their intended goal, whether their time spent is bringing worthy proceeds, and whether their activities are organized in the most rational way. They subconsciously expect and appreciate it when others take interest in the effectiveness of their activities and helps to take an objective look at what they are doing.
    EIIs are usually very curious and thirsty for information. When they have an interest in a particular topic or subject, they will try their best to read anything and everything about it in order to gain a thorough understanding.
    They are willing to listen to anyone who is knowledgeable or has a brilliant idea to share regardless of whether that individual is an expert or authority in his/her field since they strongly believe that there are many perspectives in an issue.
    Well, efficiency is what make the world go round right? I guess it's cool. I don't pay any attention to that kind of stuff. Time is of the essense, so I suppose if there is a faster and easier way of doing things, I will do it. Has to be easier.

"EIIs are usually very curious and thirsty for information. When they have an interest in a particular topic or subject, they will try their best to read anything and everything about it in order to gain a thorough understanding.
    They are willing to listen to anyone who is knowledgeable or has a brilliant idea to share regardless of whether that individual is an expert or authority in his/her field since they strongly believe that there are many perspectives in an issue"

YES YES YES. All of this. I love to read wikipedia on interesting issues like wars and stuff. And if someone is smart, let's hear them. I wanna learn!

My hands hurt. I am done. Sleepy too.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

we don't like war and reading about it is last on our list; it is an aweful act of people's selfishness.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    we don't like war and reading about it is last on our list; it is an aweful act of people's selfishness.
    I don't derive enjoyment from reading about the deaths involved. I enjoy reading about what happened historically. I like to put myself in that period of time. It is hard to explain. I read about much more than just battles however. Science, math, anything I am studying in school at the time, to increase my knowledge.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don't derive enjoyment from reading about the deaths involved. I enjoy reading about what happened historically. I like to put myself in that period of time. It is hard to explain. I read about much more than just battles however. Science, math, anything I am studying in school at the time, to increase my knowledge.
    What would you do if you saw a homeless person at your coffee shop?
    -

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What would you do if you saw a homeless person at your coffee shop?
    I would want to reach out and talk to him or her, but I am so controlled by what society tells me about homeless people (just ignore them) that I would simply look away and wish they would just go away. I sincerely would want to do something, but in that position of me wearing good clothes, me having money, me having everything and they lacking that all, I would feel anything I would do would be seen as pity, which is more hurtful to me than doing nothing. So I would do nothing rather than risk looking like a fool or hurting him or her.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I would want to reach out and talk to him or her, but I am so controlled by what society tells me about homeless people (just ignore them) that I would simply look away and wish they would just go away. I sincerely would want to do something, but in that position of me wearing good clothes, me having money, me having everything and they lacking that all, I would feel anything I would do would be seen as pity, which is more hurtful to me than doing nothing. So I would do nothing rather than risk looking like a fool or hurting him or her.
    Wrong answer for INFj...try again.
    In fact, try being ISFp instead because that's how they would respond. Awww, I'm sorry if actually helping people is a little much for you.

Being INFj is not just feeling people or being sympathetic to them, it's acting in need for their help.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-08-2010 at 01:32 AM.
    -

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wrong answer for INFj...try again.
    In fact, try being ISFp instead because that's how they would respond. Awww, I'm sorry if actually helping people is a little much for you.
    I am not trying to be anything. What sort of action would you, the glorious INFj, purveyor of truth and justice do? Would you throw them a dollar, thinking you have accomplished something? Would you pat them on the head, telling them that everything will be alright? Will you invite them into your home? Get real.

Rather than make some moral judgement on me over one statement, a better question would be "Would you willingly and happily volunteer in a homeless shelter?" The answer would be yes. This is how people would help the homeless, not through superficial/possibly dangerous actions like the above.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I am not trying to be anything. What sort of action would you, the glorious INFj, purveyor of truth and justice do? Would you throw them a dollar, thinking you have accomplished something? Would you pat them on the head, telling them that everything will be alright? Will you invite them into your home? Get real.

Rather than make some moral judgement on me over one statement, a better question would be "Would you willingly and happily volunteer in a homeless shelter?" The answer would be yes. This is how people would help the homeless, not through superficial/possibly dangerous actions like the above.
    I have been know to ask them many times if they will have warm shelter for the evening, and luckily, so far, many have said yes. I will purchase them tea and one lovely person joined me for breakfast and a conversation. It's important for homeless people especially to have human contact and so they can feel that they have some sense of place and worth in life.

It's not dangerous, it's in public and people are not animals, I don't fear such things.
    -

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been know to ask them many times if they will have warm shelter for the evening, and luckily, so far, many have said yes. I will purchase them tea and one lovely person joined me for breakfast and a conversation. It's important for homeless people especially to have human contact and so they can feel that they have some sense of place and worth in life.
    I wouldn't disagree with you at all. That is very nice and courageous of you. We treat them like they are not human anymore. It is a shame. It needs to be changed.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I wouldn't disagree with you at all. That is very nice and courageous of you. We treat them like they are not human anymore. It is a shame. It needs to be changed.
    Get real, your response is anything but INFj. Need I remind you about your answer? You like to twist things to seem like you're INFj but looking at your answer you can't come to accept being ISFp.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Here's another one.

How do you feel in the clothes that you wear? And what kind are they, flashy, funky, moderate, to style?
    -

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's another one.

How do you feel in the clothes that you wear? And what kind are they, flashy, funky, moderate, to style?
    I don't know how to rank my clothes? Not flashy or funky, I suppose I would call them moderate. I feel comfortable in them I suppose.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don't know how to rank my clothes? Not flashy or funky, I suppose I would call them moderate. I feel comfortable in them I suppose.
    When you go shopping what do you buy?

Of INFj's that is NOT true for you or for MINDE....
    "They are trusting, devoted idealists."

"Sometimes like to joke, they try not to speak with people about unpleasant things but will at times feel forced to state their disagreement/indignation or risk feelings of regret at a later time. Serious and scrupulous, approach others when they feel needed/useful."

You can see me acting the above way in this thread...

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...job-today.html
    -

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you go shopping what do you buy?
    I usually buy clothes that are on clearance or I go to a thrift store. I buy button down shirts and pants that are not loose. I like slim pants. I wear a lot of hoodies. I don't like to spend much money on clothes.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I usually buy clothes that are on clearance or I go to a thrift store. I buy button down shirts and pants that are not loose. I like slim pants. I wear a lot of hoodies. I don't like to spend much money on clothes.
    Style, color, cut, texture?
    Re-read the below part again please.
    -

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Style, color, cut, texture?
    Re-read the below part again please.
    This is becoming ludicrous. Usually darker colors, cotton all the time. Cut? idk what that means. Regular cut. Style? idk
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*sigh*

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

This is becoming ludicrous. Usually darker colors, cotton all the time. Cut? idk what that means. Regular cut. Style? idk
    I don't like wearing black; I enjoy light green, warm pinks, and warm lavendar, and grey. My style is very conservative.

Another question:

Can you get people to do the things you ask them to do, especially the ones who don't listen to you very well? Do people listen to your demands?
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-08-2010 at 01:18 AM.
    -

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yo Kam, you're ISFp
    The end is nigh

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    yo Kam, you're ISFp
    How do you know?

@look.to.the.sky

Yes, please do explain.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-08-2010 at 03:58 PM.
    -

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always wondered about what is the close link between SiFe and FiNe that people feel like they type as one or the other? Is it the "introverted feeler" stereotype? They are so different from one another... The creative and mobilizing functions (in my opinion) tend to be the easiest to figure out, whether its / or / should prove to be a vast difference.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by look.to.the.sky View Post
    The creative and mobilizing functions (in my opinion) tend to be the easiest to figure out, whether its / or / should prove to be a vast difference.
    Could you describe this?

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like wearing black; I enjoy light green, warm pinks, and warm lavendar, and grey. My style is very conservative.

Another question:

Can you get people to do the things you ask them to do, especially the ones who don't listen to you very well? Do people listen to your demands?
    You told me that intuitive types wear only black. Where is the consistency here?
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KAMAJAMA, YOU DIDN'T HEED THE WARNING!

You have unleashed Maritsa!

Oh well, sometimes people just have to experience Maritsa for themselves.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Creepy-Cyclops

Hello Kamajama. Maybe consider ISTp too. I'm not saying you are, just that it's close to ISFp, but hey if INFj shoe fits, it's all good in the hood.

Welcome to Delta an all, brother...and all that stuff, haha.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Kamajama, I have a question:

Why do you and Brian have girl pictures as your avatar when you are a man?

Ps. Brian is ISFp.
    -

Creepy-Cyclops

Kamajama, I have a question:

Ps. Brian is ISFp.
    I could ask you the same thing.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I could ask you the same thing.
    I am a girl and my avatar is me.
    -

Creepy-male

Because we're ISFp and we like pretty girls perhaps more than we should.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I couldn't word it better than Brian. I love pretty girls. Just the idea of a pretty girl makes me want to go wheeeee.

In a picture, there is very little personality. Usually, nice-looking girls have flaws in their attitude. In a picture, there is none of that, so you only have prettiness!!!

end of story.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I couldn't word it better than Brian. I love pretty girls. Just the idea of a pretty girl makes me want to go wheeeee.

In a picture, there is very little personality. Usually, nice-looking girls have flaws in their attitude. In a picture, there is none of that, so you only have prettiness!!!

end of story.
    Can't you see that you two are the same type? It's so clear to me. Like two peas in a pod.
    -

Creepy-male

Can't you see that you two are the same type? It's so clear to me. Like two peas in a pod.
    We're harmonic frequencies in the great cosmic melody that hubs and throbs in the background of human existence, twin tributary brothers flowing into that great big frenzied flurry of fluid we call life, crazy space aliens united by the one thing we share in common, and that sets us apart from everyone else; and that is being unlike any. single. other. soul.

Kammmmm, come back to being E9 with me. There's room now that Isha has moved out to the Land of Three

Kam's pretty girl is prettier than mine though

Kam, question. When it comes to flesh-and-blood girls, what do you go for? What appeals to you?

Creepy-Cyclops

I'm not stating an opinion on the types. I will say however that Kamajama is far more emotionally reserved than Brian. Whether that is sub-types, personality, or type, well....

I do think however there is a difference.

There are those who know these people better than me, I suspect they could comment on inter-type relations also, should they feel it's necessary.

Anyway, kamajama's a nice guy, let him get a feel for the type imo, he can make his own mind up in his own time either way.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast