Thread: ISTjs sensuality and being touchy-feely

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ISTjs sensuality and being touchy-feely

I had a friend I used to work with in a spa, we were both massage therapists and did a lot of massages in the same room. She was kinda weird to me in the sense that she was very quiet and didn't talk to people that often, but then when she did talk it was always about sexual stuff. She is an artist and does nude paintings, has no problem with talking about sex, and whenever I watched her give someone a massage, she was very sensual about it; like she would lay their arms on her leg and other things like that. I was always pretty mechanical and stuck with the things I learned in school, but she would be really touchy feely but yet at the same time she always kept up a barrier between herself and other people. She also told me at one time she was a prostitute which shocked the hell out of me because she was so distant with people at work. Is this an thing? Or was this just a weird trait that she possessed?
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morcheeba View Post
    I had a friend I used to work with in a spa, we were both massage therapists and did a lot of massages in the same room. She was kinda weird to me in the sense that she was very quiet and didn't talk to people that often, but then when she did talk it was always about sexual stuff. She is an artist and does nude paintings, has no problem with talking about sex, and whenever I watched her give someone a massage, she was very sensual about it; like she would lay their arms on her leg and other things like that. I was always pretty mechanical and stuck with the things I learned in school, but she would be really touchy feely but yet at the same time she always kept up a barrier between herself and other people. She also told me at one time she was a prostitute which shocked the hell out of me because she was so distant with people at work. Is this an thing? Or was this just a weird trait that she possessed?
    Is being a prostitute a thing? Uh, no. I'll bet most Se-valuing persons enjoy massages though.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not the being a prostitute part just the wanting to be more physical in the sense of being close with someone on a physical level, but in other ways are they more standoffish?

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not the being a prostitute part just the wanting to be more physical in the sense of being close with someone on a physical level, but in other ways are they more standoffish?
    that very well could be beta ST.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way it is described doesn't seem type related to me. Need to know what's the reason she does that.

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heinel View Post
    The way it is described doesn't seem type related to me. Need to know what's the reason she does that.
    I'm sure the reason she did this was to make $. I can't imagine it was enjoyable for her; at least the things she told me, it just sounds like it was a means to an end so to speak. I don't agree with it, but I was surprised based on her demeanor and what not. I haven't met that many LSI's so I was just wondering if they were more physical in that regard then the rest of us. There's no way I would do something like that, maybe in her case a lack of or ?

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've heard that STs are especially good at making the separation between sensuality(sex) and emotionality(love) (and to a lesser degree NFs). I think it's the S+F being blocked separately. I'd imagine that this would apply more to beta STs being Fi-devaluing, and so not caring as much about how close or far they are from someone psychologically.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your general depiction of her could easily fit that of an LSI.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Your general depiction of her could easily fit that of an LSI.
    So what you're telling me is I should hang out with prostitutes more often ?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could be interesting.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    I've heard that STs are especially good at making the separation between sensuality(sex) and emotionality(love)
    Isn't that just indicative of low sx?

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi role can make LSIs seem somewhat emotionally "stand-offish." They feel emotions very deeply, but frequently do not trust other people to take good care of these emotions, thus the "barrier."

They let down the barriers when they're lavished with Fe--HONEST, well-intentioned Fe... They can easily see-through anything disingenuous--it's like instinct with them, and false/forced Fe makes them feel disappointed in whomever's giving it, and somewhat disgusted.

As to being overly sexual w/ random ppl--in the duals I've dated, I have NEVER noticed this tendency... In fact, I've noticed the opposite, (perhaps b/c of the Fi role.) They're usually selective, (if they can be.)

I imagine, however, that there are many LSI prostitutes, b/c LSIs are able to compartmentalize (Ti) love [which to them = receiving Fe, not impinging on their Fi role] and sex [usually Se based].
    Last edited by JuJu; 12-14-2009 at 02:55 AM. Reason: inattention to detail, as usualk

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    Fi PoLR can make LSIs seem somewhat emotionally "stand-offish." They feel emotions very deeply, but often frequently do not trust other people to take good care of these emotions, thus the "barrier."

They let down the barriers when they're lavished with Fe--HONEST, well-intentioned Fe... They can easily see-through anything disingenuous--it's like instinct with them, and false/forced Fe makes them feel disappointed and disgusted.
    That makes sense to me, I figured it had to do with fi polr; and your right about the genuine FE approach, she valued that very much in our friendship, and I valued her when she would correct me on my inconsistencies with logic

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI's are Ne polr unless JuJu is referring to a new theory/model of his.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Correction: fi role

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yep, sorry about that.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)