Thread: If America was a person which enneagram type would it be?

Creepy-male

Default If America was a person which enneagram type would it be?

My take is
    3w4-7-1
    so/sp/sx

I am not sure about w4 and 1 for instinctual
    but I am sure about 3-7-X

Let me explain so/sp/sx => America is all about the american dream which seems to be characterisized by so/sp or sp/so instincts. I lead with so because American culture is very into being people oriented, extroversion trumps introversion, and there is an emphasis on community; the american dream and the suburbs is alot more so about family/community in american culture than it is about having provisions and wealth. The american ideal is to aqquire wealth/provisions/job to have a family and be part of a respectable suburbian community. The 3 explains why it sometimes seems like sp/so... the whole notion of competing materialism.... its more so/sp though because people want to win respectability in their community for their wealth rather than wealth for its own sake.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Dream

Whats your take, shoot.

Note: I wouldn't mind doing other cultures also, but I want to start with America so it doesn't seem like bashing other nations.
    Last edited by male; 12-10-2009 at 11:25 AM.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Without a doubt 3w4 sp/so. The "American Dream" is to achieve your personal vision of success, which nearly always incorporates material success and adherence to some form of standard of behavior or personality. I think sp trumps so because America quite frankly prefers a rude, crude success story to a sycophant; "social climber" is definitely a bad term to have attached to you, but selfish is easily explained away or rationalized.

Head fix works as 7w8; Americans are escapists and consumers, and are famous for wanting the most of everything, more more more, the biggest and best of everything, and of course we crave all the power we can get our fingers on. Our preferred entertainment tends to be involved, pedal-to-the-metal, and fast-paced. We like everything to the max, everything to the extreme, with no reservations.

Gut fix is probably 1w2; Americans tend to idealize people who have a "code" or a personal sense of honor; ironically since a strict code of national ethics is not promoted by our country as a whole, we tend to look upon people who do have standards for themselves as both appropriately traditional but also admirably self-willed. Wing 2 because, well, quite frankly there is just nothing 9 about the US
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Gut fix is probably 1w2; Americans tend to idealize people who have a "code" or a personal sense of honor; ironically since a strict code of national ethics is not promoted by our country as a whole, we tend to look upon people who do have standards for themselves as both appropriately traditional but also admirably self-willed. Wing 2 because, well, quite frankly there is just nothing 9 about the US
    Yep I'd agree on nothing 9 about the US... but I tend to think 1 because americans love to be offended over social issues, its the only expression of anger thats really socially acceptable in america. Its completely justified in American culture to be angry over something your offended about, and everyone tends to be an activist about something... usually its mundane things, like the stop sign in your neighborhood that all the other neighbors run. Thats why I ranked it last, because honestly Americans aren't to seriously into the Gut Triad, but out of the 3 I'd say more 1 than anything else.