Thread: What do you like about your Beta friends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What do you like about your Beta friends

What i love about my beta friends:

IEI - he calms me down, listens to my problems and jokes about them, makes me want to lie down and rest for a minute instead of searching new adventures and borders to cross.

EIE - the way she speaks in a really loud and energetic voice, can be up and running and dancing and partying for days. The way she laughs, innocently and sincerely, the pictures she takes with her nikon.

LSI- the neatness of her actions, that she goes along with whatever crazy plan i have formulated, her sarcastic humour and how she gets annoyed when i'm always late for our meetings.
    EST

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha !
    I can't think of many reasons that I can apply to all my beta friends.
    But betas in general I absolutely love because they value honesty and authenticity as much as I do (yeah, no shit), none of them bullshit, they are all game for banter and you can connect with pretty much any one of them easily.

My good LSI friend is super witty and playful, I love that! I also really admire how disciplined he is, he works super hard towards his goals and he is intelligent, opinionated and won't amend his opinions just to get along with people . I also love how we balance each other out really well, I feel like we meet each other on all levels, we can interact however we want - we can have intellectual conversations, help each other with problems or just have crazy fun.

I love my EIE friends energy and most of them are wicked charismatic and caring. My EIE best friend and I have so much fun together, having ridiculous conversations - taking the piss out of each other and laughing over nothing. She's one of the only people I tell most things.

One of my IEI friends is really the sweetest and most empathic chick I have ever met, she's really individual and interesting. I have another IEI best friend, who I think is pretty incredible, he's really charismatic but pretty unstable. I am really at ease with IEIs, I love the connection and understanding.

Mmm. My only SLE friend is Ezra haha . And what I like about Ezra, other than that he is my dual and all the jamminess that goes with that, is that he is really considerate, caring and dependable when it comes to his people. He is also super honest, self-aware, interested in self-development and a wicked interesting conversationalist. He's also not an insensitive ho, which beasts my SLE stereotype ^-^. He's the only SLE I have met that I actually like.
    Last edited by betterthan; 11-29-2009 at 08:50 PM.
    IEI, sp/sx 4w3.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE -- when we're together we rarely stop laughing...We have the same senses of humor. Nothing is off-limits in conversation, (and no matter what comes up, we usually end up laughing about it.) I like how they look at life--usually as a game to play, (and win.) They inspire me and help me.

IEI -- we understand each other really well. We have comparable desires and problems so there's a lot of empathy between us. Again, similar senses of humor--nothing's off-limits. I love hanging out with them. This relationship is similar to friendships I had when I was growing up--we wanted the same things out of life.

LSI -- complete, thorough understanding. Mutual support and help. A great feeling of camaraderie... Same senses of humor and tragedy. We can do anything together. I love the forcefulness of this type.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

SLE: for sle males my age it's always very deep epic and romantic-like. For female sles it's always a very great deep friendship

IEI: great understanding, as well as romantic love too, help me out when I least expect it but also when I need it the most

LSI: can't say don't think i ever met one

EIE: great at uplifting each other, never really romantic, good at spiritually boosting each other though. Mirrors are the worst out of the four but it's still very good.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE: great, more socially involved/comfortable than me, but still like me because they're not freaked out by teh Ni, extremely likable people. Often very funny as well.

LSI: Fun to hang around. Pleasantly/comically sour about things. Plus they have that amazing Se let's get stuff done power, which just makes me happy to be around. Also, relatively easier to start friendships/relationships with. Less of the SLE too high on the social food chain business.

SLE: basically amazing because they're the same as me but the opposite. Always have a diametrically opposed position, and yet one that is compatible so that both parties are enriched in knowledge. What it says on wikisocion is pretty accurate: they say what they wish, we say what we wish, we console each other. Sort of. Also the best type to have a conversation with, as they're not shy about dominating the conversation, but they're also not boring. In most conversations, the options are: run/direct/shape the conversation or be bored. Not so with the SLEs. That makes life better. Also, with most other types, I feel like I have to direct more energy outward than I would in my natural state/ideally. Even with other Ni-egos, at some point, I have to direct my energy outward. I don't feel like that around SLEs. I feel like they'll accept me being energy flatlined and just sort of... following. And I like that. Because it lets me be attached the world and yet detached... I don't know, it's hard to describe. Duality is cool because it seems like duals tend to like you for who you are in your most natural state, and actually like you better in that state than when you're putting on the face you have to put on for the world, which then encourages you to be more like the real you. Or something. That sounds so over-idealized that I'm sure it's not true, but that's sorta what I think it's like...?

IEI: I don't really know that I'm close friends with any IEIs. But in general, they're nice because they have the "right" perspective on everything. They understand what I think is essential about the world. The only thing is, I can already tell that hanging out with another IEI for too long would be an energy drain, because both of us would be doing the IEI thing.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    EIE: great, more socially involved/comfortable than me, but still like me because they're not freaked out by teh Ni, extremely likable people. Often very funny as well.

LSI: Fun to hang around. Pleasantly/comically sour about things. Plus they have that amazing Se let's get stuff done power, which just makes me happy to be around. Also, relatively easier to start friendships/relationships with. Less of the SLE too high on the social food chain business.

SLE: basically amazing because they're the same as me but the opposite. Always have a diametrically opposed position, and yet one that is compatible so that both parties are enriched in knowledge. What it says on wikisocion is pretty accurate: they say what they wish, we say what we wish, we console each other. Sort of. Also the best type to have a conversation with, as they're not shy about dominating the conversation, but they're also not boring. In most conversations, the options are: run/direct/shape the conversation or be bored. Not so with the SLEs. That makes life better. Also, with most other types, I feel like I have to direct more energy outward than I would in my natural state/ideally. Even with other Ni-egos, at some point, I have to direct my energy outward. I don't feel like that around SLEs. I feel like they'll accept me being energy flatlined and just sort of... following. And I like that. Because it lets me be attached the world and yet detached... I don't know, it's hard to describe. Duality is cool because it seems like duals tend to like you for who you are in your most natural state, and actually like you better in that state than when you're putting on the face you have to put on for the world, which then encourages you to be more like the real you. Or something. That sounds so over-idealized that I'm sure it's not true, but that's sorta what I think it's like...?

IEI: I don't really know that I'm close friends with any IEIs. But in general, they're nice because they have the "right" perspective on everything. They understand what I think is essential about the world. The only thing is, I can already tell that hanging out with another IEI for too long would be an energy drain, because both of us would be doing the IEI thing.
    Yeah, the same but opposite, like the Enneagram four and eight - we are SLEs turned inside out. Awesome , except I don't find IEIs are an energy drain. It's really comfortable, if anything at times it is so relaxed it is empty. Unless the IEI is offloading problems onto you alot, which is draining, but that's a drain with everyone, regardless of type.
    IEI, sp/sx 4w3.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SHOUT OUT TO MOTHAFUCKIN' DINKIIIII

IEI Just legendary, really. Does everything the EIE does, but better. Their use of Fe is subtler, and less obvious/more to my taste. Can engage in conversation with them so naturally I could seriously never get bored of having them around. At the same time, even if I've known them for about five minutes, just being around them is quality. The only issue is that they are too few in my life!

EIE Absolutely wicked people, I find them incredibly energising and great activity (literally) partners. Very fun and great to talk to - I can talk how I want without having to "tone down" because they're completely unintimidated and actually enjoy my behaviour. I love being around them.

LSI Very good for discussion and to boost numbers at parties. Also if no other Betas are present you can have a good laugh with them about another quadra's being stupid. I like how structured, disciplined and solid they are.

SLE Not sure if I have any (may do, but they may be EIEs). If so, similar to having EIEs around. Good company and fun to be around. Can have a good laugh with them. One SLE I used to hang around with I haven't laughed as much with anyone else as I did with him. We had a kind of competitive relationship, although I never saw it as that at the time.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    LSI to boost numbers at parties. Also if no other Betas are present you can have a good laugh with them about another quadra's being stupid.
    LMAO!!!

I was drinking a soda when I saw this, and spit it out laughing...

(I'm friends with an LSI who has an inferiority complex re: SLEs... Seeing this would not help him with that.)

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI: I find my relations with them have been ok overall. I dated one a few years ago, it didn't last long because he talked way too much. It was to the point of annoying like he couldn't stand silence; he was really into the small talk. He also annoyed me with his dreamy romanticism, he would play the guitar and I just thought he was a complete idiot after awhile because he wasn't that good at it.

SLE: I like them very much, but since they are my activity partner, I find that it can be draining after awhile because of the whole over activation thing. I spoke with Mercutio on the phone a couple times, we had a lot to talk about, but I don't think I could take that kind of interaction on a daily basis.

EIE: I have always been intrigued with them, partly because they are my identical, and also because they are so prophetic. I had a boyfriend who was EIE and his understanding of me was uncanny.

LSI: I appreciate the fact that they aren't turned off by my antics and need for attention. They also like that I am deep; most people tell me to lighten up but that is not my nature and LSI's have never criticized me for that. I also am envious of their abilities to break things down logically because this is something I struggle with. They really are boring in many ways but I think that is good for me because I can't imagine having a dual as crazy as myself!
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

TIM
    EIE Ni
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI's-Best conversation ever. If I spend too much time with them, we start to have conversations with our eyes its crazy. We know what the other is thinking. I see many similarities and the "business" thing a lot like the mirror relations says. Good times =)

SLE's: I love them. Very good friends. I see how we can never sit still together. In relationships, I haven't been so lucky with them. I admire them for not caring about anything (or at least that's how they seem). Very courageous people, and most of all logical!!!!!! Oh and we're very unstable together.

LSI's: I am sadly not close to my dual which bothers me. I would feel so complete with one. I have two male friends that are LSI but I've noticed that they are too serious and controlling for me. I love to annoy them! They do give great advice and it actually feels like they are listening to you.

EIE's: I think some are too dramatic for me. I know that I'm dramatic at times, but the ones I know really over-think and over-analyze way more than I do. I either love them or hate them because we're too similar.
    ENFj Ni subtype 3w4
    "And once you lose your way you have two choices. Find the person you used to be or lose that person completely"
    formerly onetreehilluver

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I'm not really around much anymore (if ever) but this thread is very lovely and I thought I would just pop in to say that ... ta-da! I have no Fi! I read this most amazing description :

It [Introverted Logic] is like common sense, in that it builds on one's expectations of reality, through a somewhat personal (though explicable) understanding of general truths and how they are manifested.

Types that value Ti naturally question the consistency of beliefs that are taken for granted in everyday life. They strongly prefer to make decisions based on their own experience and judgement, as opposed to relying on external authorities for knowledge, which they use only as a last resort. They also have respect for people with clearly defined and internally consistent opinions, believing that a sense of internal certainty is necessary for orienting oneself in life. To these types, one's personal standards of truth are more reliable than public consensus.

They see overly pragmatic views as shallow, and try to limit public discussion of mundane practical matters. They are especially sensitive to redundant information.
    ... and afterward my life flashed before my eyes and I came to the life-changing realization that I am LSI!

Direct any questions, comments and/or congratulations to Ezra. Thank you very much.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
    John Muir

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by calenwen View Post
    So I'm not really around much anymore (if ever) but this thread is very lovely and I thought I would just pop in to say that ... ta-da! I have no Fi! I read this most amazing description :

... and afterward my life flashed before my eyes and I came to the life-changing realization that I am LSI!

Direct any questions, comments and/or congratulations to Ezra. Thank you very much.
    Hallelujah!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can buy that--I remember when you first posted pics here and you said you were SEI and you were dating an IEI at the time. This makes you Mr. Saturn's dual, yes?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not gonna answer this thread in detail but I wanted to say that although I like EIEs, I can't be around them for too long. They're too opinionated and eventually exhausting. I need breaks. It's that whole Ej thing...

but anyway, the others are good.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've found Betas can be very generous as well as passionate and fun-loving. Here are a few things I like about each type (the list is not exhaustive):

ESTp - I like their energy, their ability to get people moving, how well they can gain and keep people's attention, how they can take arguments against their logic without taking it personally, their practicality.

ENFj - I like their abilities to motivate and inspire people. So often they have these truly great visions and goals. Without them to inspire and push people to better and greater, I'm not sure where human society would be.

INFp - I like how they can be sweet and understanding and kind and considerate. They've also often surprised me with their organization and common sense. They are often the ones out of Beta that I can feel most relationally close to.

ISTj - I like their dependability, how when they get inspired toward something they can be driven and single-minded in their pursuit of it, their quest for order, and how often they're so loyal. I also like how thorough they can be in their work and thinking.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I can buy that--I remember when you first posted pics here and you said you were SEI and you were dating an IEI at the time. This makes you Mr. Saturn's dual, yes?
    Aw, Beta is so much more welcoming than Gamma was, haha.
    And yes! Being LSI does make me Mr. Saturn's dual, which is actually the point that started this whole business (basically, Ezra insisting that we had to be duals which led to some self-reflection, and so on and so forth).
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
    John Muir

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aw, Beta is so much more welcoming than Gamma was, haha.
    And yes! Being LSI does make me Mr. Saturn's dual, which is actually the point that started this whole business (basically, Ezra insisting that we had to be duals which led to some self-reflection, and so on and so forth).
    CalenWen, I always know I have good psychological compatibility with you but you do have a ESI face which was confusing to me, Hope you all the best with your Dual .
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    CalenWen, I always know I have good psychological compatibility with you but you do have a ESI face which was confusing to me, Hope you all the best with your Dual .
    Alright already, I went and grew a freaking mustache to prove you wrong.

Satisfied?
    John Muir

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There aren't noticeable differences, I can't tell which one is my dual and which one is my conflictor.
    Last edited by 07490; 12-10-2009 at 12:35 PM.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's the soul patch that makes her delta

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    There aren't noticeable differences, I can't tell which one is my dual and which one is my conflictor.
    What? I thought that the strong jut of my chin, the cold clasp of my fist and the badass sunglasses made it clear that I was LSI, lol.
    John Muir