Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 201

Thread: Confessions of an IEE-ENFp

  1. #1
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Confessions of an IEE-ENFp

    - I admit I can come across as condescending on the internet while at the same time being very annoyed by condescending people. I am not condescending in real life
    - I can be judgmental when it comes to people who are arrogant, hurtful, and/or inconsiderate
    - I am horrible at staying in touch with people
    - I often think I know better than other people and don't like criticism. However, I will apologize when I made a mistake and I am consciously working on being better at taking criticism. I will not, however, cease to think that I know better than most of you
    - I secretly dislike a number of people who will never know that I dislike them. But my dislikes can easily change into likes because I am willing to reconsider my initial judgment (and I forgive easily)
    - I manipulate people
    - I make promises that I can't keep (with the best intentions, but still...)
    - I like to either be the center of attention or blend in in the background (depends on my mood) and I want either on my terms only
    - I severely dislike demands that are inconvenient for me
    - Abstract things that do not relate to reality make my brain bleed and make me agitated and defensive
    - I take offense easily and might lash out when I feel cornered

    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

  2. #2
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sorry, someone please move this to delta! I cannot have this in the cold hostile outside world....
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

  3. #3
    what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Space
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    12,802
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    I like you. Besides, we all have our perks & flaws. :]
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

  4. #4
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ROAR
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  5. #5
    Creepy-male

    Default

    You are definitely my Identical. And now, Isha is "pretty sure".

  6. #6
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    - I secretly dislike a number of people who will never know that I dislike them.
    Haha! Do you also secretly like others?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  7. #7
    A Tiger livin' in a zoo.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    304
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    - I secretly dislike a number of people who will never know that I dislike them. But my dislikes can easily change into likes because I am willing to reconsider my initial judgment (and I forgive easily)
    - I'll try to find something to like about you, but if the things I dislike keep appearing I'll put a lot of distance between us. If that doesn't work, I will subconsciously sabotage the friendship until you go away.

  8. #8
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    "I spend all my life hiding that I'm very judgmental"

    - one IEE.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  9. #9
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    .
    Last edited by Kim; 12-08-2009 at 03:28 PM.
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

  10. #10
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    "I spend all my life hiding that I'm very judgmental"

    - one IEE.
    +1

    I think it's because we easily and automatically read people. It's hard not to have an opinion on someone. And it's a constant struggle because it is UNPLEASANT not to like someone.
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

  11. #11
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Way Ticket View Post
    - I'll try to find something to like about you, but if the things I dislike keep appearing I'll put a lot of distance between us. If that doesn't work, I will subconsciously sabotage the friendship until you go away.
    I sabotage it by ignoring it until it goes away. I have confronted people in the past, but I avoid it when I can. I just put my head in the sand until all the bad stuff goes away. :redface:

    PS: This rarely happens because I don't usually get close to people I end up disliking.
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

  12. #12
    Éminence grise mikemex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Third Planet
    TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Posts
    1,631
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Guess we're not as accepting as we think...
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

    You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

  13. #13
    A Tiger livin' in a zoo.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    304
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    Guess we're not as accepting as we think...
    I accept people for who/what they are... I just don't feel I have to accept them being near me =)

  14. #14
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    +1

    I think it's because we easily and automatically read people. It's hard not to have an opinion on someone. And it's a constant struggle because it is UNPLEASANT not to like someone.
    Why not be less opinionated then?

    I think that being heavily opinionated about others eventually leads to a form of self loathing and unhappyness within ourselves.

    No one is perfect, so there is a certain amount of live and let live required, we all have stuff to deal with which is the flip side of being too judgemental of others, or rather those who are judged such a context.

    Maybe if you have opinions on others, try to remember not to take it too seriously, we can laugh at ourselves for our own faults, and laugh at ourselves for being hypocrites at times, cause everyone is (whatever type) at some point, just the way of us humans, so when we do that (or remember that) having opinions on others isn't quite so bad, and takes the sting out of them, and perhaps the sting out of the guilt over having them too, ha...but it can help to temper them also, their severity and quickly-forumulating.

    There is some school of thought that we can retrain our habits, it takes maybe a few months of making an effort then it becomes natural to us, so there's no harm in working on the points that we deem we'd like to reduce in ourselves.

    Although, ... I can't help but wonder what the point is of this thread, are you looking for attention or something? Are you an only child, maybe that is why you want everything your way? I dunno, you sound like a handfull of IEE on the forum, lol.
    Last edited by Cyclops; 12-08-2009 at 11:08 AM. Reason: typo

  15. #15
    cunnilingus epilepsy inducer
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,428
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The way I feel about Kim is similar to the way FDG feels about Joy.

  16. #16
    A Tiger livin' in a zoo.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    304
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I love Kim. She says it how it is.

    And I like being opinionated as long as there's room to breathe. Being able to make judgement calls on people is how you keep the bad apples away.

  17. #17
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    s.

    Although, ... I can't help but wonder what the point is of this thread, are you looking for attention or something? Are you an only child, maybe that is why you want everything your way? I dunno, you sound like a handfull of IEE on the forum, lol.
    This thread came out of a comment on the other thread about weaknesses of IEEs. IEEs are often stereotyped as ditzy angels who are fun and cute and I don't like that stereotype because I don't want to be reduced to being the cute little dual by people like you.

    I am not an only child and the reason why I like things my way is because I don't like being tied down by things. It does not mean that I expect everything to go my way nor that it does. And the one thing that infuriates me the most is when people are condescending towards me and other people, so be so kind as not to act like the wise old man patting his little dual on the head. It's insulting.
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

  18. #18
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    This thread came out of a comment on the other thread about weaknesses of IEEs. IEEs are often stereotyped as ditzy angels who are fun and cute and I don't like that stereotype because I don't want to be reduced to being the cute little dual by people like you.

    I am not an only child and the reason why I like things my way is because I don't like being tied down by things. It does not mean that I expect everything to go my way nor that it does. And the one thing that infuriates me the most is when people are condescending towards me and other people, so be so kind as not to act like the wise old man patting his little dual on the head. It's insulting.
    Oh, OK, how about this: fuck you.

    You make a bunch of posts about all your faults, and don't expect people to comment on them in some fashion? At least I tried to help Oh wait, I see you've deleted at least one of them now you've had your attention? Just fuck off, I won't offer any more advice to you, probably best just to ignore you, as I can't really recall you saying anything interesting, anyway, thanks for clarifying.

  19. #19
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Oh, OK, how about this: fuck you.

    You make a bunch of posts about all your faults, and don't expect people to comment on them in some fashion? At least I tried to help Oh wait, I see you've deleted at least one of them now you've had your attention? Just fuck off, I won't offer any more advice to you, probably best just to ignore you, as I can't really recall you saying anything interesting, anyway, thanks for clarifying.
    I post something about IEEs in Delta, so I am looking for advice? How about "fellow IEEs can you relate to this"?

    So go ahead and ignore me because I am not looking for virtual Dr. Phil. NOT EVEN AN ISTP ONE!

    (For some reason this exchange makes me laugh. Maybe it's duality at work. )
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

  20. #20
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    I post something about IEEs in Delta, so I am looking for advice? How about "fellow IEEs can you relate to this"?

    So go ahead and ignore me because I am not looking for virtual Dr. Phil. NOT EVEN AN ISTP ONE!

    (For some reason this exchange makes me laugh. Maybe it's duality at work. )
    Possibly, i've no idea why you are posting, and why you are so insulting towards me when I tried to help you in good faith, which is pretty much explained in ISTp descriptions.

    So I feel quite justified in my reaction towards you, or at least at peace with it.

    Goodbye, lol ;-)

  21. #21
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Possibly, i've no idea why you are posting, and why you are so insulting towards me when I tried to help you in good faith, which is pretty much explained in ISTp descriptions.

    So I feel quite justified in my reaction towards you, or at least at peace with it.
    As you should.
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

  22. #22
    escaping anndelise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    WA
    TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Posts
    6,314
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This was said:
    How about "fellow IEEs can you relate to this"?
    So I'll respond to this :
    - I admit I can come across as condescending on the internet while at the same time being very annoyed by condescending people. I am not condescending in real life
    I think I might have come off as condescending on the forum a few times, but I think (hope) that it only applied to a small handful of individuals. As in, I think (hope) I only acted that way towards the small handful of individuals. In each of the cases I can think of that might apply, the individual very often was condescending to others...no ifs about it, either. There's only so much abusing of others that I can handle before I feel the urge to step in.

    - I can be judgmental when it comes to people who are arrogant, hurtful, and/or inconsiderate
    I can be judgmental of actions that people do (including the words that they say), as well as the intent behind deliberate actions/words. But that doesn't necessarily mean that I've judged the person as a whole. This is often just one of many other actions that they do. I might like some things about someone, and strongly dislike other things about them. One minute I could be so angry with a person that I might say that they disgust me (but it's usually within the situational context), and the next let all that negative emotion go and recognize that they are just being who they are. I might dislike someone but respect some of the things that they do. Or like someone and be disgusted by some of the things that they do. My 'judgments' are rarely black or white, there's just too many shades of gray. However, I see very few, if any shades of gray when it comes to child abusers and psycho killers.

    - I am horrible at staying in touch with people
    I am horrible at staying in touch with people. It seems that I perceive the possibility of getting in touch with them any time, without much changing in terms of our relationship. This doesn't always work this way, lol, but the perception seems to remain, regardless. However, I also don't feel that I should be the only one to attempt to stay in touch. The phone/email works both ways. So I don't feel as if I'm the only one to blame if I, personally, don't keep in touch with someone. If they really wanted to contact me, they would.

    - I often think I know better than other people and don't like criticism. However, I will apologize when I made a mistake and I am consciously working on being better at taking criticism. I will not, however, cease to think that I know better than most of you
    I'm sure there are times/situations in which I think that I know better than someone. I do know that often times I've had more actual experiences or shared experiences than someone about some things. I'm sure that I also have certain ideas obtained from readings/observations that I feel would need to be taken into consideration when someone attempts to tell me something is true. During these times I probably come off as feeling like I know better than the other person.

    I don't take criticism well. I've enough self doubts as is. There's little reason to state the obvious when I know I suck at something, and then to be told I suck at it..or laughed at for sucking at it. It offers me nothing to learn from. I guess that's what it is, constructive criticism is far more acceptable than just plain criticism. If you're going to criticize something I did/said, then at the least offer an idea for how to avoid it or do it better next time. Oh, and some of the worst criticisms are those that there is absolutely no way that *I*, personally, could have had knowledge/experience to draw from. We learn by making mistakes. If I am going to attempt to learn something, then I WILL make mistakes. Not allowing those mistakes to be made leads to inability to act/experiment/explore due to fear of making mistakes and leading to perfectionistic tendencies in which the person freezes up and does NOTHING at all.

    - I secretly dislike a number of people who will never know that I dislike them. But my dislikes can easily change into likes because I am willing to reconsider my initial judgment (and I forgive easily)
    There are a few people that I don't particularly care for, but I'm usually still open to communications from them. But just because I don't personally like a person, doesn't mean that I necessarily dislike them either. I more often feel neutral in those instances. There are very few people that I actively dislike/avoid. Dislike/avoidance usually comes from feeling as if someone is smothering me, attempting to control/manipulate me, or consistently abuse my good faith in them.

    If I actively dislike a person, that person will have no doubts about it. (think mcnew) If, however, you think/wonder if I like/dislike you, then know that I'm still open to communications with you. Unfortunately, there are some people who consider "I disagree with you" to mean "I hate you". (oh, "you" in this paragraph doesn't mean you, personally, Kim. I like you, even if we disagree about some things, and even if we don't stay in touch. )

    - I manipulate people
    Manipulate has so many connotations to it that it's become one of those XYZ terms. How do you manipulate people, Kim? For myself, I consider even attempts to alter someone's perceptions as a form of manipulation. And since I very often attempt to help someone see other sides of the coin(s), then I'd also fall under manipulating people. Basically, I see attempting to influence a person or situation as being 'manipulating'. There are, however, forms of manipulation that I find disgusting and will either avoid or attack. For example, people who threaten suicide to get others to do something. People who attempt to control me and/or my relationships beyond my relationship with the actual individual involved. (eg If you're going to be their friend then I won't be your friend. or I won't be your friend because you don't like this other person.) Also various forms of blackmail.

    - I make promises that I can't keep (with the best intentions, but still...)
    Alas, I do make promises I can't keep. Over the years I've learned to avoid making the promise and saying something like "I'll try" or "maybe". Sometimes it's because I can't seem to say "No". Other times it turns out that it's just not something that I, personally, can/will do. More often, however, it's because I got distracted and forgot about it.

    - I like to either be the center of attention or blend in in the background (depends on my mood) and I want either on my terms only
    I do like to be the one who chooses how much "face time" I get. To every season there is a purpose. And to every situation there is a mood. And I'm damned well moody!!! Unfortunately, this is one of those things that I can't tell where type comes in and mood disorder ends.

    - I severely dislike demands that are inconvenient for me
    Similar to previous paragraph. I figure I am the one best able to figure out what I am capable of or not at any given time. Just because someone wants something doesn't mean that constraints fall away.

    Alas, I'm also a person who wants what she wants NOW and have a hard time waiting. The mood can so easily slip away, and if I'm in the mood now, but external constraints block me, I can get very irritable. I know from experience that more often than not, once the constraints are removed, the mood is gone and/or I've moved on to something else.

    - Abstract things that do not relate to reality make my brain bleed and make me agitated and defensive
    It's fun to "what if". Unfortunately, there's only so far from reality that I can step away from. If it strays too far from experience then I'll get antsy, and if it continues to go further, then I'll get agitated and will either try to bring it around back to some kind of realistic footing or will drop the subject. Unfortunately, I also seem to lack details in my thoughts/ideas/memories, and so often my side of discussions will seem to lack 'substance'/details/reality.

    - I take offense easily and might lash out when I feel cornered
    I get hurt easily. I wouldn't call it taking offense, as to me that seems like feeling as if someone is attacking me. But I do feel hurt easily, regardless of whether or not I think the person may have been deliberately attacking me or were just pointing something out to me.

    I also often feel emotional turmoil inside in such situations. Was the person actually attacking me? What did I do to deserve that? Were they criticizing a mistake or were they criticizing me, as a person? Were they trying to be helpful or were they laughing at me?

    I'm more likely to withdraw due to the turmoil and questions than I am to lash out. Lashing out seems to come most when I feel blocked, it seems to be an effort to remove the blockage so that I have my freedom again.

    Unfortunately, I also don't often know what I'm feeling until I've responded to something, so it's possible that there's some kind of reinforcing thing going on, like circular thinking..only...circular feeling?

    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

  23. #23
    A Tiger livin' in a zoo.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    304
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's getting pretty heated in Delta! What happened?

  24. #24
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post


    !

    Thanks Ann and good to read you.

    WWT, I have been stressed and overworked, so I am a bit more agitated than usual. For some reason I got infuriated by the accusation of being an attention-seeking and high-maintenance only child. Bloody internet just might not be my medium.
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

  25. #25
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    For some reason I got infuriated by the accusation of being an attention-seeking and high-maintenance only child.
    Hey, I'm legitimately those three things!

    *dives in front of Kim to take Cyclops's next bagpipe machinegun assault*

    Anyway, dude, your culture has manskirts. Think about it.

  26. #26
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  27. #27
    A Tiger livin' in a zoo.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    304
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    - I admit I can come across as condescending on the internet while at the same time being very annoyed by condescending people. I am not condescending in real life
    I can come across as condescending in real life too. Especially when people ask me stupid questions with a bad attitude. I really can't stand it. I definitely can come across as condescending on the internet. Especially when I'm addressing Coolanzon...

    - I can be judgmental when it comes to people who are arrogant, hurtful, and/or inconsiderate
    I wouldn't say I'm judgmental. They make me angry in that "let's torch their restaurant" kind of way.

    - I am horrible at staying in touch with people
    Ditto. I only keep friends that can handle weeks or even months of no contact. But then when we do catch up, nothing has changed. Facebook has kind of eased this problem though, sad as that is.

    - I often think I know better than other people and don't like criticism. However, I will apologize when I made a mistake and I am consciously working on being better at taking criticism. I will not, however, cease to think that I know better than most of you

    I like constructive criticism. However if I think you're wrong I will challenge you. Maybe in a manner which seems personal. I try to make it not personal, but yeah...

    - I secretly dislike a number of people who will never know that I dislike them. But my dislikes can easily change into likes because I am willing to reconsider my initial judgment (and I forgive easily)
    Thinking about this I definitely don't hide it. I don't return calls, text messages, etc. I generally do not get close to people that I don't like. Luckily, I don't meet many people I do not like, and when I do they probably don't like me, because I don't hide that I don't like them.

    - I manipulate people
    Yeah I do this. Sparingly though, which is bad because it means I know when I'm doing it. It feels almost like a burden that I can influence people's moods and feelings. But if I want something badly enough...

    - I make promises that I can't keep (with the best intentions, but still...)
    All the time, and usually about time. I've gotten better about this though. Forcing myself to carry a diary really helped.

    - I like to either be the center of attention or blend in in the background (depends on my mood) and I want either on my terms only
    I'm not sure what to say about this. I usually just become the centre of attention because I am often the one who created the group in the first place. I like being the centre of attention. In a group I definitely don't like to be a wallflower. Or can't be? If I feel like I want to blend into the background I'll probably just go home instead, or find someone to have a one on one with.

    - I severely dislike demands that are inconvenient for me
    I used to not be able to refuse demands. Now I actively tell people to fuck off. Just comes with running your own business. I learned very quickly that people often like to treat you like your time is worthless. These days I don't let them.

    - Abstract things that do not relate to reality make my brain bleed and make me agitated and defensive
    I like discussing abstract things. But I'd rather talk about things like politics, the financial system, the economy, what the government could be doing to improve X city, people's confusing behaviour especially in relationships, etc etc.

    - I take offense easily and might lash out when I feel cornered
    Used to. These days I'm more "this conversation is over." Or if I'm being nice "Anyway... [segue]" I don't have the energy to lash out anymore and don't like the step back it makes me take with people. If you push me too much I'll turn cold on you and put a truck load of distance between us. I'll let you know what you've done but I won't make a big deal out of it.

  28. #28
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Way Ticket View Post
    - I admit I can come across as condescending on the internet while at the same time being very annoyed by condescending people. I am not condescending in real life
    I can come across as condescending in real life too. Especially when people ask me stupid questions with a bad attitude. I really can't stand it. I definitely can come across as condescending on the internet. Especially when I'm addressing Coolanzon...
    You come off as more irritated or incredulous than condescending, to be honest.

  29. #29
    A Tiger livin' in a zoo.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    304
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coolanzon View Post
    You come off as more irritated or incredulous than condescending, to be honest.
    Haha, cool. I think that's a lot better than coming off as condescending. I certainly wasn't trying to be condescending.

  30. #30
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    *pats head*

    Don't worry, I'm still more condescending than you, and most others here.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  31. #31
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    Don't worry, I'm still more condescending than you, and most others here.
    It's true.

    I'm patronizing in a mumGul way if I like you.

  32. #32
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    !

    Thanks Ann and good to read you.

    WWT, I have been stressed and overworked, so I am a bit more agitated than usual. For some reason I got infuriated by the accusation of being an attention-seeking and high-maintenance only child. Bloody internet just might not be my medium.
    Someone has to tell you you're a fucking asshole, you're out of control and it's too easy to impress many people on the internet.

    And you don't think you're attention seeking? I think you admitted you were in one of the posts you deleted, so shut up, it's why I asked you about it, and that you try to change it around simply shows to REAL people how pathetic you are.

    You're the sort of person that reminds me why ENFp's can be such self indulging, petty assholes.

    That you aren't an only child makes it worse, and i'm not joking when I say this, but I bet you're fat.

    Change, or be the same, but don't think you're not hated by a lot more than one person.

  33. #33
    A Tiger livin' in a zoo.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    304
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Someone has to tell you you're a fucking asshole, you're out of control and it's too easy to impress many people on the internet.

    And you don't think you're attention seeking? I think you admitted you were in one of the posts you deleted, so shut up, it's why I asked you about it, and that you try to change it around simply shows to REAL people how pathetic you are.

    You're the sort of person that reminds me why ENFp's can be such self indulging, petty assholes.

    That you aren't an only child makes it worse, and i'm not joking when I say this, but I bet you're fat.

    Change, or be the same, but don't think you're not hated by a lot more than one person.
    Seriously? You go to the energy of hating people on forums? That seems like a huge waste of energy to me. Does reading someone's words really upset you that much?

    Hey maybe you're a bit of a fuckhead too?

  34. #34
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Way Ticket View Post
    Seriously? You go to the energy of hating people on forums? That seems like a huge waste of energy to me. Does reading someone's words really upset you that much?

    Hey maybe you're a bit of a fuckhead too?
    I hate the type of person she is, but i'm able to experience the semantic of the word without any emotion attached to it, it's a sort of coldness in a way and I usually just try to avoid people like that IRL.

    There's a good change you're a fuckhead too, btw.

    Edit: How are you anyway, Kim's bitch? Fuck off and let her speak for herself.

  35. #35
    Marie84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    2,359
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can relate to a lot of this to different degrees, I think it may be an Ne+Fi thing
    Fi creatives are generally less judgmental and more socially open than Fi dominants though, so don't feel too bad about that part
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

  36. #36
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    Although what's been said here can be artibitutable particularly to ENFp's in varying degress, and at best marginally to INFj's (male INFj's are often little like what's portrayed as a for instance), and some other people in general, Kim displays these particular qualities in massive excess, sort of like a glutonous Roman senate imo, who indulges far too much in their own appetites.

  37. #37
    Marie84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    2,359
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Although what's been said here can be artibitutable particularly to ENFp's in varying degress, and at best marginally to INFj's (male INFj's are often little like what's portrayed as a for instance), and some other people in general, Kim displays these particular qualities in massive excess, sort of like a glutonous Roman senate imo, who indulges far too much in their own appetites.
    While I don't know about Kim's history on the forum I don't think she has posted anything, in this thread, that's deserving of more criticism.
    It looks like she was trying to make an honest attempt at humility, which puts her in a vulnerable spot.
    When someone is already kicking themselves there's no need to knock them down
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

  38. #38
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    As you should.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    !

    Thanks Ann and good to read you.

    WWT, I have been stressed and overworked, so I am a bit more agitated than usual. For some reason I got infuriated by the accusation of being an attention-seeking and high-maintenance only child. Bloody internet just might not be my medium.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    While I don't know about Kim's history on the forum I don't think she has posted anything, in this thread, that's deserving of more criticism.
    It looks like she was trying to make an honest attempt at humility, which puts her in a vulnerable spot.
    When someone is already kicking themselves there's no need to knock them down
    You can see from the first post that Kim thought I was correct to take my stance at her offense, however, the second post is just an attempt to have some stupid dig at me, even although the matter had been laid to rest, probably to gather public sympathy, but it doesn't matter that you or wrong way ticket or anyone else looks to intervene on her behalf, it doesn't change the facts of the matter.

    I've never been to keen on Kim, my last post sums it up - the essence of why I don't like her, and i've just decided to say it for a change, in response to her actions, why be nice to someone you don't like who's also cheeky towards you, so what's the big deal?

    Edit: If she was really looking to be humilified, or have humility rather, then she'd have listened to my honest attempts at assistance, which she knew was meant that way, instead of arrogantly calling me "Dr Phil" or some crap.

    Kim sums up the essence of the worst things about ENFp's in their maximums, my only failing here is perhaps to respond to her response to me, and to say I thought this and what I think of her, but I decided to respond rather than start, you see.

    So she's really just looking for attention, not to show humility or any interest in changing anything about her, even the parts she feels guilty about.

  39. #39
    eddikens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Johns Creek, Georgia
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post

    You're the sort of person that reminds me why ENFp's can be such self indulging, petty assholes.

    That you aren't an only child makes it worse, and i'm not joking when I say this, but I bet you're fat.

    Change, or be the same, but don't think you're not hated by a lot more than one person.
    LOL! You're on a roll, Cyclops. . .

    I'm enjoing this thread immensly. I'll take passion over indifference any day.

    Also, I wonder what the "fat" ratio would be among ENFP's? Seems that with all the hyper-activity going on in our busy little heads it would be on the lower end of the scale. . .
    IEE

  40. #40
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eddikens View Post
    LOL! You're on a roll, Cyclops. . .

    I'm enjoing this thread immensly. I'll take passion over indifference any day.

    Also, I wonder what the "fat" ratio would be among ENFP's? Seems that with all the hyper-activity going on in our busy little heads it would be on the lower end of the scale. . .
    lol, it'll be over soon, I can't post here all day... I hope!

    Well, fwiw ime it seems they come in two varieties, skinny and eh, not skinny, I could maybe relate it to subtypes, infact I think the filatova or the gulenko ones do relate build and gate to the ENFp subtypes, heh, dunno if it's always accurate of course, like most things in teh social sciences.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •