Thread: delta and being beyond blame

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default delta and being beyond blame

in your experience, do you find deltas to believe that they don't need to say "sorry" to anyone for any of their own words or actions?
    today is a gift, that's why its called the present

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I've had deltas apologize to me. However, those apologies are usually couched in an explanation or 'ifs,' e.g. if my insinuation offended you, then I'm very sorry..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    No, I've had deltas apologize to me. However, those apologies are usually couched in an explanation or 'ifs,' e.g. if my insinuation offended you, then I'm very sorry..."
    I think the word "if" is used just in case they were wrong and didn't offend you -- it would be annoying or even insulting if someone assumed you were offended when you weren't right?

Or if they knew for sure you were offended, then that's annoying to use "if." They should just say "sorry."
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    I think the word "if" is used just in case they were wrong and didn't offend you -- it would be annoying or even insulting if someone assumed you were offended when you weren't right?

Or if they knew for sure you were offended, then that's annoying to use "if." They should just say "sorry."
    This makes sense. Thanks, jewels.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Why apologise for something I'm not sorry for? I do apologise-but only when I wish I'd done something differently. Otherwise, it's lying.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    in your experience, do you find deltas to believe that they don't need to say "sorry" to anyone for any of their own words or actions?
    thats more of a beta mentality

the whole douchebag thing
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that is because they don't care about anything but themselves () and they don't intuit their own faults (); rather they think that they can calm you down () & cause you to see their way (), with no regard for anyone else

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    thats more of a beta mentality

the whole douchebag thing
    red herring (knowledge) ad hominem (who) and circular reasoning ( / ) is common in deltas; apparently logical validity is for introverted thinkers

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    I have a tendency of doing that I suppose. I've never considered receiving that as something worth taking offense over though, so it's interesting to hear what others think about it.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    Deltas apologize when they realize they were wrong and will often explain why they did what they did. Part of it is to save face more than anything and to be proper more than saying sorry because it grieves your heart, even if it does. Though I may be basing this off the wrong individuals.
    While the bulk of this seems apt, that's not to say that nothing "grieves our hearts". Deltas, like all types, do have the capacity to feel bad about severe wrong-doings. But saving face does seem like a fairly important aspect of delta apologetics; to me at least, personal image matters quite a bit.

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ollobollo View Post
    I used to be uncomfortable with apologizing, but then I thought, "I really hate it when people don't acknowledge their mistakes and apologize" and how "cowardly" that is, so I began instantly acknowledging my mistakes and saying I was sorry. I feel I owe it to them.

I don't think Huitzilopochtli's reasoning is very reasonable.

I concur.
    I prefer nickel, iron, titanium, and selenium, the cool metals

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone knows Neon is the most awesome.
    lol...you got me, it's my place of least resistance

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can think of people of all quadras who try to pull the 'beyond blame' card.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Creepy-male

Deltas apologize when they realize they were wrong and will often explain why they did what they did. Part of it is to save face more than anything and to be proper more than saying sorry because it grieves your heart, even if it does. Though I may be basing this off the wrong individuals.
    Heh, funny thing is, I always thought Gammas were the obsessively image-conscious Quadra with way too much of a focus on being Normal.

I think perhaps we're both thinking of the wrong representatives of each Quadra

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huitzilopochtli View Post
    that is because they don't care about anything but themselves () and they don't intuit their own faults (); rather they think that they can calm you down () & cause you to see their way (), with no regard for anyone else

red herring (knowledge) ad hominem (who) and circular reasoning ( / ) is common in deltas; apparently logical validity is for introverted thinkers
    if this is how you see them, I advise you brush up on the elements you filthy swine.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

never really noticed that.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    if this is how you see them, I advise you brush up on the elements you filthy swine.
    I assumed he was joking to an extent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Epic

This also depends on what it is about the delta that you were hurt by or took offense at. From our perspective we may not even notice at times if it has to do with something we're not immediately aware of.
    Feels gewd to be an ISTp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This behaviour is not exclusive to the Delta quadra and depends more on individuals.

I see what you're saying, partially. I definitely feel the need to explain my wrong doings, but it's more so that the offended party understands my side of the story. It's a natural extension of my tendency to ask a person why they are sorry, and why something happened --in essence, to understand as best as I can.

If I was offended, a simple "sorry, I did X" is not even close to satisfactory for me. I want to understand and be understood, I want to help and be helped. Apologizing is not a game for me.
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Greeter View Post
    If I was offended, a simple "sorry, I did X" is not even close to satisfactory for me. I want to understand and be understood, I want to help and be helped. Apologizing is not a game for me.
    This makes sense... My Delta step-brother would often write long 'I want to be understood' letters.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This makes sense... My Delta step-brother would often write long 'I want to be understood' letters.
    lol That doesn't surprise me - the more I worked with my quasi, the more we ran into situations where one person says "cat" and the other person thinks they said "Volkswagon." Total misunderstanding where no malintent was intended.
    IEE

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Everyone knows Neon is the most awesome.
    Yes, Neon rules. So does Silicon. It makes an excellent semiconductor.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

liquid tellurium injected straight into my pupils

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that is because they don't care about anything but themselves ()
    I wish that were true, life would be so much easier if I didn't care so much about other people and what they think/feel, etc

I haven't noticed a trend in any specific quadra being more or less apologetic, I think it may have to do more about the situation and people involved as well as factors like upbringing.
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are times in my life when I've apologized if I'm conscious of offending someone or when I've been out of line, and other times when I've refused to apologize b/c I didn't see why the person was upset. As for deltas in particular "being beyond blame"... ? How many people on this forum argue with each other and never apologize for their offenses? Start counting... let me know what you come up with.

I've noticed a situation popping up between members of opposite quadras. One person will offend the other by naturally being themselves and stating things the way they normally would. The other takes offense, and the offending party feels that they shouldn't have to apologize because they don't understand how the other person is so upset. Even if they do apologize, it rings hollow because they think the other person is being unreasonable.
    Last edited by tiny_dancer; 12-06-2009 at 06:29 PM.
    IEE

Creepy-

I haven't noticed Deltas being "beyond blame," at least not more than other types.

Were you serious or joking w this?

I don't see why Fi would mean caring only about oneself, or why Ne would mean being oblivious to one's own faults... if anything, I see them as close to the exact opposite of what you've described here.

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoapOfSapphire View Post
    I haven't noticed Deltas being "beyond blame," at least not more than other types.

Were you serious or joking w this?

I don't see why Fi would mean caring only about oneself, or why Ne would mean being oblivious to one's own faults... if anything, I see them as close to the exact opposite of what you've described here.
    well then you must be some kind of a subjectivist..what's your point?

Creepy-

well then you must be some kind of a subjectivist..what's your point?
    My point was to question your point. And yes, I do think a lot of this is subjective... which is why I wondered about your absolutist phrasing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That interpretation was nothing but subjective, it's actually the opposite of how socionics defines these elements. I can also say that LSIs are petty, narrow minded people who only care about what they think. Only I know that when I say that it's merely an expression of my own feelings towards specific people that I know and can't even generalize as representing a whole type, let alone an entire quadra.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Why apologise for something I'm not sorry for? I do apologise-but only when I wish I'd done something differently. Otherwise, it's lying.
    yeah

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesy View Post
    That interpretation was nothing but subjective, it's actually the opposite of how socionics defines these elements. I can also say that LSIs are petty, narrow minded people who only care about what they think. Only I know that when I say that it's merely an expression of my own feelings towards specific people that I know and can't even generalize as representing a whole type, let alone an entire quadra.

you motherf*ckers are way too serious...don't get your panties in a wad

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eveybody's terrible!

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged