Thread: Eating habitz

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Eating habitz

So this Alpha NT guy's approach to feeding himself is basically making whatever meal he has as substantial as possible so that he doesn't have to worry about being hungry for as long a time as possible. And taking every opportunity that presents itself as far as free prepared goes... like it's an opportunity wasted if he doesn't stock up even if he's not that hungry. haha Erm.. is this typical male Alpha NT methodology?
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I eat meat. Only.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    !

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So this Alpha NT guy's approach to feeding himself is basically making whatever meal he has as substantial as possible so that he doesn't have to worry about being hungry for as long a time as possible. And taking every opportunity that presents itself as far as free prepared goes... like it's an opportunity wasted if he doesn't stock up even if he's not that hungry. haha Erm.. is this typical male Alpha NT methodology?
    Sounds like something I would do. For me, the desirability of a meal is hugely affected not only by taste and nutritiousness, but by how difficult it is to make and eat.

I like food, but I don't have the patience to always be cooking.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    !

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Crud, I think I'm out of spaghetti hoops.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I don't like them so much.

Creepy-female

Well I think I agree with this dude in a way. Preparing food and eating it at scheduled intervals is so boring and time consuming. I've always wished they would invent a single substance that contained everything you needed nutritionally, that you could just eat lukewarm straight out of the can every meal, 24/7. But no, processing takes away VITAL SUBSTANCES that only come from the GREEN GREEN EARTH, blah blah blah. Food is one of God's more stupid inventions. Some of the culture that's sprung up around it is interesting, but only the rituals and methods of dealing with it, not the food itself.

Although unfortunately remembering to eat regular meals is important, you can get sick or faint or have weak or crying spells when you ignore the need to eat (at least in my experience). So tell him something scary sounding like how he's destroying his cells from the inside every time he gorges himself for the oncoming famine.

edit: er no wait, if he's just gorging himself then he'd just get fat, not the other stuff. Or I guess what you're describing might be playing his metabolism like a yo-yo. Something tells me doing that might be just as bad, long term, as extended fasting. But then again it's not like we're all hoeing fields at the crack of dawn, so maybe he can metro around all decent like.
    Last edited by female; 12-06-2009 at 02:51 AM.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    Well I think I agree with this dude in a way. Preparing food and eating it at scheduled intervals is so boring and time consuming. I've always wished they would invent a single substance that contained everything you needed nutritionally, that you could just eat lukewarm straight out of the can every meal, 24/7. But no, processing takes away VITAL SUBSTANCES that only come from the GREEN GREEN EARTH, blah blah blah. Food is one of God's more stupid inventions. Some of the culture that's sprung up around it is interesting, but only the rituals and methods of dealing with it, not the food itself.
    Haha .. do you really? That would be pretty boring (!), but could be easily arranged. I would blend up parsley, tinned salmon, rice, beef, lemon juice, olive oil, capsicum, garlic, and sea salt at the start of every week.. freeze it in meal-size portions.. and thaw out three blocks a day. Easy.
    Although unfortunately remembering to eat regular meals is important, you can get sick or faint or have weak or crying spells when you ignore the need to eat (at least in my experience). So tell him something scary sounding like how he's destroying his cells from the inside every time he gorges himself for the oncoming famine.

edit: er no wait, if he's just gorging himself then he'd just get fat, not the other stuff. Or I guess what you're describing might be playing his metabolism like a yo-yo. Something tells me doing that might be just as bad, long term, as extended fasting. But then again it's not like we're all hoeing fields at the crack of dawn, so maybe he can metro around all decent like.
    I don't think it's doing him that much harm. Well he's skinny, so it's more the famine periods that are a worry. :-p Like drinking a large cup of coffee just to stave off the feeling of hunger because he can't be bothered making something. Or thinking that it's not worth buying healthy food, because he's just going to eat it anyway, and what a waste of money!

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

parsley, tinned salmon, rice, beef, lemon juice, olive oil, capsicum, garlic, and sea salt
    so many words!

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I food.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    so many words!
    So squish them all together until you've just got one: gunge. :wink:

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

So squish them all together until you've just got one: gunge. :wink:
    Why can't the supermarkets sell it as 'gunge'?

It's embarrassing buying jars of baby food all the time.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    Why can't the supermarkets sell it as 'gunge'?

It's embarrassing buying jars of baby food all the time.
    aww :-P I don't know why they don't..

A Place within a Place in the Universe Where they will never suspect. *Cackles like a witch.*
    TIM
    EII H-Ne
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I try to make salads as much as possible, and I go through phases of watching what I eat. With a little meat like turkey or cheese sprinkled on top. Other than the meat, I've been a plain Jane when it comes to lunch salads. I get a bit tired of it, but I try to watch what I eat when I have any control over the situation. About once or twice a week, I'll have a carbier more unhealthy meal ^^;

Cereal or oatmeal is my go-to breakfast.

I have a big sweettooth and love ice cream. I try to limit myself, but when it's in the house, or I have easy access to it I go crazy with it.
    xII se PoLR, 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so

Phlegmatic-Melancholic |RCoAI| Fascinator| Newtype-secondary| LEFVl|

#JusticeforJeb_, Water Sheep did nothing wrong, High Inquisitor Of Council of Water Sheep and Water Sheep's protector

Make things right? Who are we to decide when things are right and when they need to be fixed?