Thread: Effective advertising's effect on Ne

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Effective advertising's effect on Ne

Starting yesterday, my eyes were getting dry. I found it difficult to not blink my eyes constantly throughout the day, and as a result, my eyes started to get red and irritated.

Right before I was about to take a shower, I still felt dryness in and around my right eye and it was bloodshot red. For some reason, the words "dry" "red" and "eyes" were paramount in my mind as I was thinking about my current condition, when seemingly out of nowhere, a familiar voice rang in my mind

For dryyyyy, red eyes, Clear Eyes is awwwwwwesome.

Yeah, if you were aware of TV commercials in the mid 90s, you will know exactly what I'm talking about.

Wtf, I haven't seen that commercial in several years. When I thought of the line, I wasn't even sure if they still made Clear Eyes

Just saying the line out loud mimicking Ben Stein's voice was a nice humorous reprieve from the irritation I was experiencing. I probably said the line about 5 or 6 times in about a 3 minute period. To me, it's a classic line.

I think this is the reason advertising is effective to an valuer.

wowwww

Oh yeah, I ended up buying some Clear Eyes at Walgreen's this morning.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Advertising never has any real effect on me. Except, well, once in a while I will see some ad for, say, Taco Bell, or Lindt Truffles, and just won't want to bother resisting the urge But that's like, twice a year...mostly I just laugh at how pathetic these companies' advertising departments are and how laughably ineffectual and stupid their attempts at appealing to me are.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha yeah me too. although i think the effects are supposed to be subliminal. but when i buy things i think reasonably about what i'm buying ..
    INTp

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the most important thing about advertising (mainly from the business's viewpoint) is that it informs you that the product actually exists. Tereg was not influenced into buying something that he didn't need... he realized that he needed something, then recalled a commercial that fit the description of what he needed.

Even something like McDonald's would probably be forgotten if it didn't maintain some sort of advertising budget.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha Those kinds of things pop up in my head all the time.
    IEE

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    I think the most important thing about advertising (mainly from the business's viewpoint) is that it informs you that the product actually exists. Tereg was not influenced into buying something that he didn't need... he realized that he needed something, then recalled a commercial that fit the description of what he needed.

Even something like McDonald's would probably be forgotten if it didn't maintain some sort of advertising budget.
    Stan is not my real name.