Thread: Give some advice

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Give some advice

If you could communicate one message to a mass of the world population or make one minor change, what would it be?
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry I got nothing. I'm in the same boat as you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Be nice to the weird guy; buy him a candy bar. That way, if he ever shows up to work/school with a gun, you stand out as the one that was nice to him.

(as told by a friend of mine)
    The saddest ESFj

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Some people are gay, get the fuck over it and stop treating people differently cause of that.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he's really that weird, he's not gonna need a candy bar. Just sayin, lol..

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say "The end is now" as a voice from the sky

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    If you could communicate one message to a mass of the world population or make one minor change, what would it be?
    Charter for Compassion
    "What is love?"
    "The total absence of fear," said the Master.
    "What is it we fear?"
    "Love," said the Master.

I chose Love

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Be nice to the weird guy; buy him a candy bar. That way, if he ever shows up to work/school with a gun, you stand out as the one that was nice to him.
    There's a Dane Cook joke that is exactly that.

Well, my first answer was "read more poetry," but then I realized that poetry doesn't work for everyone, so then my thought was "find something that will expand your soul" but that's too vague to make sense to anyone but me, but I really wish that people would fall in love with at least one *real* writer. Not that what John Grisham does isn't real writing, but it doesn't reveal anything permanent about life, and that's what I want out of a "real" writer. So yeah, that would be my dream of what everyone would do, but besides that... maybe wipe 3/4 of the rap and pop artists off of the face of the planet, so that people were obliged listen to music that at least went through somebody's brain once or twice before they shitted (or shat) it out of their lips? Yeah, that would be nice.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah, IEIs main social role IS writing. That is what Augusta said, and it is true for me. It is the gift you bring to the world and something that will easily employ you and bring home a paycheck. We should all just utilize our natural talents.....

I said this before in another thread (about three times) but it is ALWAYS always more beneficial to increase a raw strength than it is to improve a weakness. Maybe it has something to do with natural math that I'm too lazy to figure out.

You can make a so-so Mage if you improve the mage's weaknesses without improving their strengths. It will be really gimmicky as hell though, and not really wanted for the world's biggest challenges. But if you dump all the points in a Mage's +Damage stat, you will still have an excellent mage that is useful to take on the world.

Creepy-male

Drink more Milo.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Be excellent to each other.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If you could communicate one message to a mass of the world population, what would it be?
    Stupidity is painful

Creepy-Cyclops

"leave me alone, ffs".

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    "leave me alone, ffs".
    How did LII ever seem reasonable to you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are no humans more human than others.
    ﴾ لَهُمْ دَارُ السَّلاَمِ عِندَ رَبِّهِمْ وَهُوَ وَلِيُّهُمْ بِمَا كَانُواْ يَعْمَلُونَ ﴿
    "When you see an evil act you have to stop it with your hand.
    If you can't, then at least speak out against it with your tongue.
    If you can't, then at least you have to hate it with all your heart.
    And this is the weakest of faith."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'If you want to make the world a better place take a look at yourself and make a change'

Creepy-

I've always liked this: "Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none" [Shakespeare].

EDIT: I might change "love all" to "accept all," though. Hmm....
    Last edited by female; 11-30-2009 at 08:44 PM. Reason: clarification

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Yeah, IEIs main social role IS writing. That is what Augusta said, and it is true for me. It is the gift you bring to the world and something that will easily employ you and bring home a paycheck. We should all just utilize our natural talents.....
    Amen.

I said this before in another thread (about three times) but it is ALWAYS always more beneficial to increase a raw strength than it is to improve a weakness. Maybe it has something to do with natural math that I'm too lazy to figure out.
    . That would be very interesting math. But yeah way too much work.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoapOfSapphire View Post
    I've always liked this: "Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none" [Shakespeare].
    hmm.... It's so hard to force-able love someone when they have wrong you in a way you will remember it forever. At that point, I won't tried to cling to the objective of loving everyone. I will trust a few, I would never do any wrong to anyone, I hate the feeling of being wronged and to pass that feeling towards another violates a moral principles. At times, I don't like the phrase of "what you see is what you get, be genuine." Because being true to your true feeling does have a lot of merit, but at the same time, if you don't have a set principles to follow, and you condemn others while you are guilty of it, even if you are being genuine to how you feel, it is such a hypocrite for you to do the same.

I really do Hope that One day this Social world would be a better place to live. I think it is much better than ever before, compared to centuries ago. But differences we have (you can use Socionics to divide the differences), intrinsic selfishness that we all have to self-preserve ourselves gets in the way. But this world doesn't have to be like that, we are all going to die anyway, we can make our lives easier and others too, we are not here in this world to suffer, but how our mind is programmed will lead us there.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"all ya need is love"?? kinda trite but that's where it's at baby.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    hmm.... It's so hard to force-able love someone when they have wrong you in a way you will remember it forever. At that point, I won't tried to cling to the objective of loving everyone.

I agree; that's why I amended it to "accept all." :wink:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree; that's why I amended it to "accept all." :wink:

1)

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.

Creepy-

You'd better be planning on re-visiting Atlanta for this meetup I've heard about, or else... well I guess there's nothing I can really do to you, hah. But if you can make it, that'd be awesome!

Oh, and to kind of stay on-topic... um. It seems like most people here have sort of re-stated the Golden Rule in one way or another, which is kind of interesting.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You'd better be planning on re-visiting Atlanta for this meetup I've heard about, or else... well I guess there's nothing I can really do to you, hah. But if you can make it, that'd be awesome!

Oh, and to kind of stay on-topic... um. It seems like most people here have sort of re-stated the Golden Rule in one way or another, which is kind of interesting.
    SOS, I will try I Promise, and the 16 types Cruise trip with me you and Winterpark and everyone else who wants to come. I want to make it happen before we die!

1)

2)

Creepy-

SOS, I will try I Promise, and the 16 types Cruise trip with me you and Winterpark and everyone else who wants to come. I want to make it happen before we die!
    Deal [there's no "handshake" emoticon]

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EDIT: I might change "love all" to "accept all," though. Hmm....
    I like this. And I know what you mean

Except I would say for a message to the world, you dont have to love all or accept all (because I wouldn't love something bad going on, etc). My words would be:

"Do good to all, do wrong to none."

If everyone follows that, then you dont have to just trust a few. Just to be a good person.

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post

You can make a so-so Mage if you improve the mage's weaknesses without improving their strengths. It will be really gimmicky as hell though, and not really wanted for the world's biggest challenges. But if you dump all the points in a Mage's +Damage stat, you will still have an excellent mage that is useful to take on the world.
    That's so cool ^-^, I would love to be a writer.

"Things are neither good nor bad but thinking makes it so" - you are your own God.
    IEI, sp/sx 4w3.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can I give a whole thunder-lecture like this guy does, I kinda figure it would be needed:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm.... It's so hard to force-able love someone when they have wrong you in a way you will remember it forever.
    It is impossible to force-able love someone. However, you can learn technologies that will allow you to love them even when they are behaving in a way that's not conductive to life.
    The best technology so far is "giraffe ears". This very advanced technology will allow you to bypass what the other person is doing and thinking and connect emphatically to that person's needs. The needs are "life trying to manifest itself in that person". Life is in you too, same needs, same power and when you recognize it in yourself you will be able to recognize it in others.
    Using "giraffe ears" will allow you to hear the only two things that everyone of us are really saying: "please" and "thank you". "Please" is an opportunity for you to fulfill one of your most important needs and that is "to make life more wonderful". How can you not love someone when he or she is presenting you with such a gift? But, you have to use advanced technology to hear/see this gift because sometime people say "please" in a very suicidal way like.... "you're an idiot".
    "What is love?"
    "The total absence of fear," said the Master.
    "What is it we fear?"
    "Love," said the Master.

I chose Love