Thread: Expression of IM's and Romance Styles

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Expression of IM's and Romance Styles

Hello

I'd like to describe how I perceive how the IM's in my brain interact and how they need to express themselves. I was wondering if this fits with the theory.

I kind of see myself as two people, one stronger than the other but both with a need to express themself.

Firstly the valued me: Ne Fi Te Si
    I'll keep this bit short, because it's all quite standard
    Now I feel that I'm confident expressing the Ne Fi part of me but need that Te Si thing to feel kind of complete. Usual infantile stuff. Now at the same time I feel that when there's a really good relationship going on, that the roles can kind of swap, so caregiver likes to express their infantile side and infantile caregiver. It's not something that happens all the time, but it seems to me that this kind of role reversal is a healthy way of expressing and building confidence with ones super-id.

Secondly the subdued me: Se Ti Fe Ni
    Now this seems a bit more complex to me. Although these parts of me I feel are subdued, I still get the impression that it is healthy for me to express them where appropriate.

(I realise IM's are just a way of processing information, but for me it seems that I am motivated by whichever part of the brain is associated with that IM. e.g. eithically motivated or logically etc)

So as I see it running parallel to my INFANTILE/caregiver is a barely conscious and normally subdued VICTIM/aggressor. (I think RSV3 has identified something similar within himself, although I'm not sure if it's exactly the same)

And I feel it can also be healthy to occasionally express these parts of our charactor as well (certainly it is with me). And this is something that can also be easily provided in a dual/activity relationship with regards to maintaining a healthy mind and dynamic.

So whilst my basic romantic style is infantile, certainly if I was looking to attract a caregiver. (It seems to me that people tend to exagerate their romance styles when meeting or looking to meet a partner. goofy dancing etc.) The bigger picture is that I tend to express aspects of all the styles on occasion.

I am not certain if this is something that is universal. I am sure that with some people it may be more straightforward, however this is how things seem to manifest within me.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by somavision View Post
    Now at the same time I feel that when there's a really good relationship going on, that the roles can kind of swap, so caregiver likes to express their infantile side and infantile caregiver. It's not something that happens all the time, but it seems to me that this kind of role reversal is a healthy way of expressing and building confidence with ones super-id.
    Interesting. But, I wanted to address this specifically. I wonder if this is a Delta thing? I know the NFs are called "fake Caregivers".

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coolanzon View Post
    Interesting. But, I wanted to address this specifically. I wonder if this is a Delta thing? I know the NFs are called "fake Caregivers".
    Ah yes I had heard that. I'm sure it is, certainly this is written from my perspective, which strongly shaped by my type.

You're IEE aren't you? What's your view?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coolanzon View Post
    You mean this?

Pseudo-Caregivers/Students: ENFp, INFj
    These are types who exhibit paternal/maternal tendencies towards others in their everyday lives and may thus carry over these notions and temperaments into their romantic life. These types habitually attempt to give their partner what he/she "needs" (or what they believe they need). As a result, they may become drained by lack of attendance to their own needs and desires. In a partner, they are searching for a combination of strength and gentleness.
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired