Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: I am in need of typing assistance

  1. #1

    Default I am in need of typing assistance...

    EDIT: TYPED SLI. I have come to agree :>

    Well hello. This bunch of text probably looks intimidating. Before you run off read this: if you're one of those enthusiastic fellows that actually is interested in reading every little detail, you can read everything. If you're not, skip down to the next bolded title. If you truly wish to be helpful (thanks a bunch, it means more than you know) please read the entirety of the paragraphs below the next bolded title.

    backround:
    I've surfed socionics on wikipedia and have browsed socionic related articles for the past 2 (I think?) years after having been referred to it by a sibling. More on the sibling later. Personally I don't know the specific technicalities of socionics (like acronyms and some of the forum lingo) but I understand the system in its functions' relations to one's situation (base functions, ego, subconcious etc). I don't mean to be intrusive or ignorant when I say I know little of the specifics of it and make my first post as a request for help, but I could see no guideline topic for this specific end of the forum so I thought I would jump right in.

    my sibling:
    My sibling is an ESE for sure (he has had some very professional persons confirm his type, don't ask though b/c I don't know the specifics). His original typing of me was what drew me into socionics. He had originally said I was an LII, his dual. Enthused to be something that 'clicked' with him, I read up on what was my supposed type. I was amused by the LII's page and thought that it hit me spot on in some areas. However, this sibling comes back to me later (now) and informs me that he thinks instead I am an SLI. I am very unsatisfied with the SLI's page (and the deltas in general, but I'll not go into that for you deltas hehe).

    However, I eventually convinced myself I am an SLI, like I did with the LII. That is, until I realized that when I look back on those years that I thought I was an LII I can't picture myself as an SLI. Given the nature of socionics, your type cannot change (at least imho) because (the reason my sibling gave) it is the way in which you view life, and if you view life in any other way you must have forgotten the way in which you previously viewed life. You cannot change yourself to meet your own standards either.

    Also, my mother is an IEE. I think my mother is either a very unintelligent person, or an intelligent yet spiteful and hateful person that seeks to burden me with unnecessary interrogation and other annoying stuff (my god, the woman calls me FIVE BLOODY TIMES A DAY).

    Anyway.. with this realization I concluded that I'm just flowing with this sibling's types and not asking enough of the right questions myself. However, once I tried asking these 'right questions' I noticed a ridiculous bias with myself and I ended up all over the socionics spectrum, so I've come here to appeal to the people I just noticed existed (just found your forum. BY THE WAY, I don't want to register with something my sibling would recognize, so I tried anonymous, but your forum was like 'we don't recognize you, spammer! so I said I wasn't a spammer and it accepted... I think).

    Why he thought I was an LII: He never explained
    Why he thinks I'm an SLI: A couple reasons, one being that I'm usually surrounded by food and drink, that I had this particularly picky issue with my glasses so that the focal point is now like a milimeter away from what it used to be, that I eat when I feel like and do not like standard eating times, I am concerned with my hearing so I do not blast music in my ears: instead I buy very special earphones that minimize outside sound and have gotten used to the higher quality and do not want to downgrade to lower quality headphones. I'm also a bit of a germophobe and do not like dirty tasks (washing dishes).

    I think that wraps up the backround information. Start reading here if you just want typing information.

    General info
    Who am I then? US. Male. 16 yrs old. Sophmore in high school. 3.95 GPA. Used to be a phonomenal athlete.

    Sports:
    Not so much of a great athlete now, not because I don't want to be but because I don't consider it as high as a priority as before. The sport was and still is running (I tried them all, but couldn't bear to bring myself to 'tackle' someone for a stupid ball). I like running b/c it's individualized: if I don't perform at my best I'm not letting anyone down other than myself, and that I can live with better. However, when it comes to the actual races I try as hard as I can given my current shape and can usually outrun most average guys. That is, so long as I am not about to puke: I hate puking with a passion.

    School/possible occupation:
    I don't like the academics. I work hard though and make sure my assignments are complete/I know the material so my future can be whatever I decide it to be (in the future ) I like the idea of the sciences, but even more so the idea of the liberal arts. However, I also think that in order of politicians to prosper the members of the liberal arts must be disillusioned. So who knows where I'll end up (either a professor with a PHD in some un-marketable english topic or an overworked doctor/engineer... though I would only become the doctor/engineer in order to get money with which I would spend time doing the things I would have done as an unknown english professor ).

    Know this, though, I will never ever ever ever get a job that involves manual labor, ever. I hate the idea of pushing a lawn mower or moving thing A to point A and thing B to point B. Even if it's trivial work in a meaningless office I care nothing for: the pen and paper are my heart and soul. I also value my freedom and despise regulations, so the current 5 days a week 7 hours a day thing really gets me feeling annoyed. I also hate taking orders, so when issued one by a gaurdian I will put it off until I 'feel' like doing it: that way it feels like I'm in control of the situation.

    Friends
    When it comes to friends, I have a few that I have known for a long time and am very close with. I have other people (pretty much ALL ASIAN PEOPLE ) whom I would like to call friends but know that I can't because they are just people I have known for a very long time and people that are friends of the people I have known for a very long time. I have no desire to work my way up the social hierarchy and spent my whole middle school career watching the clicks and petty relationships (that I would never have the confidence to make myself.. lol... hippocrite ) unfold with utter disgust, and to the dismay of everyone around me I let them know about it with the use of witty (and sometimes insulting) metaphors. ATM I go to dances and some get-togethers here and there, but I'm no extrovert in the western sense of the word and have not found a significant other who I don't find ... er... stupid? (PS, I can't bear to log into facebook. ever)

    Learning
    When it comes to learning (I mean REAL LEARNING, not school) I tend to shove my ignorance in other people's faces, almost hoping for a negative response so I can affirm my belief in whatever we're talking about. On occasion, I might discuss it with my siblings. They always present a counter-argument at once, but I don't let up until they have thoroughly convinced me that I am wrong (sometimes this takes hours :redface and adjust my thoughts accordingly (so if you're engaged in an argument with me, it's frustrating if you huff up and leave it because I believe that one of us has a better understanding of whatever it is than the other and we ought not leave until we have it sorted. This might be one of my flaws, that I sometimes push myself on other people a little too much , but I wish that they would admit they're wrong or inform me of my error). Occasionally I raise the issues in my head in a class, typically a class of the social sciences, but we haven't the time nor the atmosphere to truly duke it out so-to-speak and I've grown tired of trying to dodge the teacher's regulatory system when it comes to class discussion/debate. I'm trying to become better, though, to confront others when I have a truly incomprehensible question about something they think or said, because it's damn hard to find people with a similar attitude and I need to try harder to seek them out.

    Hobbies
    I obsess myself with thinking about what I know for sure (concrete knowledge) and what is uknown (that is to say I hate it when people 'assume' things and watch out, sometimes a little too much, to avoid 'assuming' things myself). For example, I was reading the other day about how Atheists should be more forceful in their beliefs on the religious. Being an Atheist, this was relevant to me so I spent time thinking about it.

    I hate converters. I didn't want to be a part of an organization that converts or shoves their values on other people like the religious do in western culture (zomfg christmas is a holiday). I had to reconsider Atheism. After a long time spent thinking (and reading of comments on the news story ) I determined that I could still be an Atheist because Atheism is not a belief, but rather the lack of one, so it is more of a status thing (example: if A represents the lack of a belief in unicorns and B represents the lack of belief in a diety and C represents the belief in a diety; you cannot truly do something because of A because you are not acitvely doing something to begin with (believing) so the same applies to B, but not to C). Therefore, I concluded that most Atheists misinterpret what exactly Atheism is, so I have another group to add to my ever growing 'I don't like you list'.

    I play a lot of video games and don't really tend to clean up after myself that much. Sometimes I am very bored and end up trying to find things to do with my time. I have taken up (learning by myself with the help of the internets) learning the piano, programming, and occasional writing my thoughts (like right now :>). Occasionally I will procastinate school work by playing a game (I always get it done on time and done right though), but I have become certain the true procrastination is when you play a game when you should be doing something you want to do, in this case learning to program or play the piano (can't stand TV btw).

    Music
    I can really appreciate the slow, classical tones of a piano playing a depressing or minor tune with some nice, low strings playing a part. However, I am really motivated by different types of hip-hop and I am enthralled by the lyrics of some of those types of artists. Not to mention how much motivation some of the hip-hop artists have provided me through their philosophy. Personally, I do not care for their 'ho slapping' and egotistic songs that are the trademark of that genre. On a side note, I enjoy some techno and classical rock like the beatles, but cannot stand under any circumstances heavy metal music.

    That's all I care to write about now. btw, I take this seriously and expect a serious response (but I am ever so grateful for that) because I have been convinced through some discussion sessions with my sibling that socionics has some truth to it, if only to the individual. Given this, I think that I can learn a little about myself if I pry further into the mix. Also given my sibling's sporadic typing nature I can't take his typing to heart and no longer trust my bias self to type myself. Something to keep in mind though, as you reply: my sibling warned me against the forums, indicating that much of it was rubbish and misinterpretation, filled with any old Joe who thinks he's the shit on socionics. While this may be a bit of an overexaggeration, I hope that I can get a veteran typer and not someone attempting to practice their typing skills. That's not to say all ye inexperienced are not welcome here, it's only that I am very anxious on this and want to be completely sure . Quizzes don't help any either because they're so prone to inaccuracy when it comes to something as personal as this (I think I'll force myself to stop rambling here even though that's an incomplete thought).
    Last edited by Anonymousnotaspammer; 12-01-2009 at 08:57 PM.

  2. #2
    wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,107
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Preface: I am, I suppose, one of those inexperienced typers, so take what I say with a grain of salt, I guess.

    OMG, you're painfully obvious as an LII. Maybe my typing is off, but geez, I'd be highly surprised if you weren't LII. Your post seems to me like it is dripping with Ti.
    I obsess myself with thinking about what I know for sure (concrete knowledge) and what is unknown (that is to say I hate it when people 'assume' things and watch out, sometimes a little too much, to avoid 'assuming' things myself).
    Is "what I know for sure" something like "things that I have verified by tracing a strict causal line from something I'm sure of to this"? It's the classic rationalist method, which is very Ti, imo. The bit about avoiding assumptions sounds very Ne too. I think Ne would want to avoid assuming things since it knows about all the varied possibilities that things have.

    I am concerned with my hearing so I do not blast music in my ears: instead I buy very special earphones that minimize outside sound and have gotten used to the higher quality and do not want to downgrade to lower quality headphones.
    This definitely sounds Ti > Si to me. An Si dominant would be focusing on the unpleasant sensation, not the damage you might be doing to your ears ("concerned with my hearing"). My dad is an LII and he's obsessed with his good-quality headphones. Good headphones transcend type. Also, that could just as well be Si-HA as Si-dominant.

    Now that I've gotten over my knee-jerk reaction, I still say LII over SLI, although as usual, I'm not 100% that you're not your quasi (ILI). I associate that A, B, C logic thing you did in this post with Ti over Te (I do it too, Ti HA).

    Also... be an english prof. They're cooler than scientists anyway. What sorts of books are you into, just out of curiosity?
    Not a rule, just a trend.

    IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

    Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

    I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    Preface: I am, I suppose, one of those inexperienced typers, so take what I say with a grain of salt, I guess.

    OMG, you're painfully obvious as an LII. Maybe my typing is off, but geez, I'd be highly surprised if you weren't LII. Your post seems to me like it is dripping with Ti.


    Is "what I know for sure" something like "things that I have verified by tracing a strict causal line from something I'm sure of to this"? It's the classic rationalist method, which is very Ti, imo. The bit about avoiding assumptions sounds very Ne too. I think Ne would want to avoid assuming things since it knows about all the varied possibilities that things have.



    This definitely sounds Ti > Si to me. An Si dominant would be focusing on the unpleasant sensation, not the damage you might be doing to your ears ("concerned with my hearing"). My dad is an LII and he's obsessed with his good-quality headphones. Good headphones transcend type. Also, that could just as well be Si-HA as Si-dominant.

    Now that I've gotten over my knee-jerk reaction, I still say LII over SLI, although as usual, I'm not 100% that you're not your quasi (ILI). I associate that A, B, C logic thing you did in this post with Ti over Te (I do it too, Ti HA).

    Also... be an english prof. They're cooler than scientists anyway. What sorts of books are you into, just out of curiosity?
    I have to say I'm a bit relieved you think so . I'm very interested in classical novels written by artists like Hesse, Faulkner, Hemmingway and the sort (recently been reading this great piece of art called the 'theory toolbox' which prescribes conditions under which you can derive meaning from a book). I'm going to be taking a philosophy course over the summer at a local university, so I'll see what lit I'll be eating up there

    And when I determine things to be true/false, I base everything off of the belief that nothing is a closed system and that there is always something outside the system acting upon the closed system. Something could true if: it considers infinite permutations. Something is false if: it does not conside the realm of infinity. After that, the variable is subject to my personal opinon :>
    That's why I may just take your advice and ignore the sciences, because it's the study of closed systems

    edit: and the A, B and C thing looks wierd sometimes but it's the only way to translate thought to conversation matter. Anyway... time to look up all these terms..

  4. #4
    wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,107
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    And when I determine things to be true/false, I base everything off of the belief that nothing is a closed system and that there is always something outside the system acting upon the closed system. Something could true if: it considers infinite permutations. Something is false if: it does not conside the realm of infinity. After that, the variable is subject to my personal opinon :>
    That's why I may just take your advice and ignore the sciences, because it's the study of closed systems
    Actually that last bit about infinity made me think Ni (ILI) for a second, but that's not really a well-considered opinion. I hope someone smarter than me stops by. On the other hand, the whole interesting information that goes way over my head reminds me quite a lot of Ti...

    Yay for Faulkner and Hemingway. All I've read by either of them is "The Unvanquished" by Faulkner (which is like Faulkner-lite), and most of "A Farewell to Arms" by Hemingway. Technically I read "The Old Man and the Sea" too, but I abhorred that book with all of my soul, so I don't count it as one of the books I've read. Do you read any poetry or drama (that's what I'm into generally)?
    Not a rule, just a trend.

    IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

    Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

    I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    Actually that last bit about infinity made me think Ni (ILI) for a second, but that's not really a well-considered opinion. I hope someone smarter than me stops by. On the other hand, the whole interesting information that goes way over my head reminds me quite a lot of Ti...

    Yay for Faulkner and Hemingway. All I've read by either of them is "The Unvanquished" by Faulkner (which is like Faulkner-lite), and most of "A Farewell to Arms" by Hemingway. Technically I read "The Old Man and the Sea" too, but I abhorred that book with all of my soul, so I don't count it as one of the books I've read. Do you read any poetry or drama (that's what I'm into generally)?
    I'm usually into hardcore books that have discernable messages I can relate to. I enjoy poetry and an occasional shakespearean play but I am not as exposed to either as I am the hardcore lit. Also, my school does a great job of lobotomizing all subjects, so it's a struggle to stay consistent in my mind and in school with poetry and drama.

  6. #6
    crazedrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    moon
    Posts
    4,885
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LSI or LII. This is a big piece of text and I'll read the rest later.
    INTp

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazedratXII View Post
    LSI or LII. This is a big piece of text and I'll read the rest later.
    But LSIs work for the man, who I don't particularly like.

  8. #8
    Yay fluid mechanics Serious Name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    101
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    HA! I was (actually, still am) in the same position as you are. I was wavering between SLI and ILE for a bit, but then school hit (university...trust me, if you pick the wrong major you will know when 100% of your classes deal with it) so I had a lot less time to dick around on socionics websites (read: lots more beer, women, and engineering). I remember leaning more to ILE, but enough about me. Lets talk about you. *puts on hat of false-socionics wisdom*

    You seem to be very, very LII. Look at your post, its a friggin organized list. A very detailed, streamlined summary of yourself, with points bolded for emphasis. I read somewhere Ti likes short and succinct statements (could very well be wrong here, someone feel free to correct me). Check out your General Info section. You'd be hard pressed to truncate that (I realize your long post, but I believe its a wall of text because you want to fully disclose some information for an accurate typing).

    Also, you put a lot of statements in parenthesis. I do it to, when an aside pops in my head I like to include it without giving a shit whether or not it belongs there. I'd like to relate it to Ne or Ti (which, if I'm typing us correctly, are our strong functions) but I don't know any better.
    Meh.

  9. #9
    crazedrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    moon
    Posts
    4,885
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Problem is you don't show much Ne. Which is why I was thinking the compromise as LSI. SLI may not even be a bad typing. Im going with SLI.
    INTp

  10. #10
    wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,107
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymousnotaspammer View Post
    I'm usually into hardcore books that have discernable messages I can relate to.
    Ti > Ni.

    Sorry about the school, dude. What do you mean by "hardcore" literature? In any case, cool for the focus on novels. I suppose discernable messages are OK .

    I don't see any Se or Si in this post, and IJ > IP. I highly doubt SLI. I get much more theoretical Ti from this post than actively-working-on-processes Te, and what little evidence there was for Si fit Ti/just a normal human being better, imo. Actually, the dishes thing can be seen as not-Te, since I associate Te with more willingness to do that boring crap than most other types. It would also make sense that he supervises his mom. Also "I hate taking orders" could be generally associated with Se-polr.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

    IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

    Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

    I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

  11. #11
    crazedrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    moon
    Posts
    4,885
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    dishes.. bad association with Te. My only problem with Ne is the poster shows little to no Ne as far as I can tell. But at the same time he insists he is not LSI and doesn't consider it an option. Where do you see Ne? In his writing, do you see it anywhere? How about in his activities?
    INTp

  12. #12
    wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,107
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Of course dishes = Te is a bad association/weak correlation. I guess I should have prefaced it with the phrase "if anything".

    I honestly don't see much Ne, but I don't really know how alpha Ne manifests itself, and he's probably Ti subtype anyway. I do see Si-seeking (or at least valuing) and possible Se-polr, though. I'm sure there's some questions one could ask to determine Ne/Ni valuing at the very least.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

    IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

    Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

    I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

  13. #13
    crazedrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    moon
    Posts
    4,885
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    rereading his post more thoroughly I am convinced of SLI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymousnotaspammer View Post
    Well hello. This bunch of text probably looks intimidating. Before you run off read this: if you're one of those enthusiastic fellows that actually is interested in reading every little detail, you can read everything. If you're not, skip down to the next bolded title. If you truly wish to be helpful (thanks a bunch, it means more than you know) please read the entirety of the paragraphs below the next bolded title.

    his mind is organizational and categorical. also notice the emphasis on personal comfort and respect of personal freedoms, both strong themes of delta. an organizational and categorical preface like this does not suggest Ti/Ne or alpha or any Ne ego type. The structured linear way the entire post is layed out suggests Te. The explicit attention to detail suggests Si.

    Why he thinks I'm an SLI: A couple reasons, one being that I'm usually surrounded by food and drink, that I had this particularly picky issue with my glasses so that the focal point is now like a milimeter away from what it used to be, that I eat when I feel like and do not like standard eating times, I am concerned with my hearing so I do not blast music in my ears: instead I buy very special earphones that minimize outside sound and have gotten used to the higher quality and do not want to downgrade to lower quality headphones. I'm also a bit of a germophobe and do not like dirty tasks (washing dishes).

    my SLI-Si brother has the same particular pickyness with his glasses if that means anything. My SLI-Te dad has also bought the same special headphones, bose headphones. They don't wash dishes either, they think it is gross.

    General info
    Who am I then? US. Male. 16 yrs old. Sophmore in high school. 3.95 GPA. Used to be a phonomenal athlete.

    Athleticism and high GPA are both characteristic of SLI
    Sports:
    Not so much of a great athlete now, not because I don't want to be but because I don't consider it as high as a priority as before. The sport was and still is running (I tried them all, but couldn't bear to bring myself to 'tackle' someone for a stupid ball). I like running b/c it's individualized: if I don't perform at my best I'm not letting anyone down other than myself, and that I can live with better. However, when it comes to the actual races I try as hard as I can given my current shape and can usually outrun most average guys. That is, so long as I am not about to puke: I hate puking with a passion.

    The writing style is meticulous and linear. Events are connected to one another in a logical fashion. The writing style of LII is inferential, and logic connects structure not content. Also notice an emphasis on fulfilling ones duty. This is also typical of SLI.

    School/possible occupation:
    I don't like the academics. I work hard though and make sure my assignments are complete/I know the material so my future can be whatever I decide it to be (in the future ) I like the idea of the sciences, but even more so the idea of the liberal arts. However, I also think that in order of politicians to prosper the members of the liberal arts must be disillusioned. So who knows where I'll end up (either a professor with a PHD in some un-marketable english topic or an overworked doctor/engineer... though I would only become the doctor/engineer in order to get money with which I would spend time doing the things I would have done as an unknown english professor ).

    this sort of long term planning and status aspiration is atypical for alpha but typical for the duty fulfiller SLI.

    Know this, though, I will never ever ever ever get a job that involves manual labor, ever. I hate the idea of pushing a lawn mower or moving thing A to point A and thing B to point B. Even if it's trivial work in a meaningless office I care nothing for: the pen and paper are my heart and soul. I also value my freedom and despise regulations, so the current 5 days a week 7 hours a day thing really gets me feeling annoyed. I also hate taking orders, so when issued one by a gaurdian I will put it off until I 'feel' like doing it: that way it feels like I'm in control of the situation.

    This is actually typical of Deltas. A passion for freedom, particularly from bureaucratic constraint. It can be thought of in opposition to Beta, which runs the political structure. A desire to be free is much of what drives an SLI to fulfill their duties. By overcoming any and all obligations, they are striving for freedom from all obligations. That is their Ne dual seeking. But what they really need is an ENFp.

    FriendsI have no desire to work my way up the social hierarchy and spent my whole middle school career watching the clicks and petty relationships (that I would never have the confidence to make myself.. lol... hippocrite ) unfold with utter disgust, and to the dismay of everyone around me I let them know about it with the use of witty (and sometimes insulting) metaphors. ATM I go to dances and some get-togethers here and there, but I'm no extrovert in the western sense of the word and have not found a significant other who I don't find ... er... stupid? (PS, I can't bear to log into facebook. ever)

    This is a manifestation of Fe polr. In LII Fe is DS function. They have trouble with it, but don't want it to disappear. Instead they want it fulfilled. Stupid is a good way to describe how SLIs look at cliques, many social guidelines, etc.. I hear my brother use the word stupid to describe these things all the time

    Learning
    When it comes to learning (I mean REAL LEARNING, not school) I tend to shove my ignorance in other people's faces, almost hoping for a negative response so I can affirm my belief in whatever we're talking about.

    I have seen this in subtypes INTp-Ni and ISTp-Si. I'd be interested to see if you are ISTp-Si

    On occasion, I might discuss it with my siblings. They always present a counter-argument at once, but I don't let up until they have thoroughly convinced me that I am wrong (sometimes this takes hours :redface and adjust my thoughts accordingly (so if you're engaged in an argument with me, it's frustrating if you huff up and leave it because I believe that one of us has a better understanding of whatever it is than the other and we ought not leave until we have it sorted. This might be one of my flaws, that I sometimes push myself on other people a little too much , but I wish that they would admit they're wrong or inform me of my error).

    This is how my SLI-Si brother argues. He will take pleasure in pissing you off with his opinion, he will treat your position like it's ridiculous, and he will make things sound very, very simple.


    Hobbies
    I obsess myself with thinking about what I know for sure (concrete knowledge) and what is uknown (that is to say I hate it when people 'assume' things and watch out, sometimes a little too much, to avoid 'assuming' things myself).

    The natural overemphasis on empiricism indicates Si/Te.

    I hate converters. I didn't want to be a part of an organization that converts or shoves their values on other people like the religious do in western culture (zomfg christmas is a holiday).

    very typical of a Beta hating, ENFj hating SLI.
    I had to reconsider Atheism. After a long time spent thinking (and reading of comments on the news story ) I determined that I could still be an Atheist because Atheism is not a belief, but rather the lack of one, so it is more of a status thing (example: if A represents the lack of a belief in unicorns and B represents the lack of belief in a diety and C represents the belief in a diety; you cannot truly do something because of A because you are not acitvely doing something to begin with (believing) so the same applies to B, but not to C). Therefore, I concluded that most Atheists misinterpret what exactly Atheism is, so I have another group to add to my ever growing 'I don't like you list'.
    logic is layed out in a linear structure atypical of dominant Ti but typical of creative Te

    That's all I care to write about now. btw, I take this seriously and expect a serious response (but I am ever so grateful for that) because I have been convinced through some discussion sessions with my sibling that socionics has some truth to it, if only to the individual. Given this, I think that I can learn a little about myself if I pry further into the mix. Also given my sibling's sporadic typing nature I can't take his typing to heart and no longer trust my bias self to type myself. Something to keep in mind though, as you reply: my sibling warned me against the forums, indicating that much of it was rubbish and misinterpretation, filled with any old Joe who thinks he's the shit on socionics. While this may be a bit of an overexaggeration, I hope that I can get a veteran typer and not someone attempting to practice their typing skills. That's not to say all ye inexperienced are not welcome here, it's only that I am very anxious on this and want to be completely sure . Quizzes don't help any either because they're so prone to inaccuracy when it comes to something as personal as this (I think I'll force myself to stop rambling here even though that's an incomplete thought).

    in conclusion you are undoubtedly SLI, and you likely believe you are LII because you have been misled on the nature of SLI and the functions Si and Te. You probably heard your brother describe to you Si being interested in food and drink, comfort, and Te being interested in hard evidence (or some crap like that). This is a gross oversimplification. Si/Te is an interesting and complicated thought process. If you're confused on your type I suggest you read about the functions in more detail to help clear away any misconceptions.
    .
    Last edited by crazedrat; 11-29-2009 at 12:33 PM.
    INTp

  14. #14
    wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,107
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I disagree... (especially with the attempt to type GPA and some of the stuff about Si) but I'll leave it for a better typer than me to consider.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

    IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

    Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

    I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

  15. #15
    RSV3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    190
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm leaning towards LIE right now, or maybe ILE.

  16. #16

    Default

    Haha, I'm all over the board. However, I'm willing to accept crazedratXII's post as pretty close to the point - I just had to get a second opinion before I accept that I may be SLI. It's my understanding that LIIs deal alot with closed systems, systems which do not always realize everything at once, but rather just the things in that system. Unfortunately for my LII ambitions, realizing everything at once when making decisions is what I'm all about.

    It was the idea that I was not independent and logical that made me insecure. Also that I have no understanding at all for my dual, and a very negative perspective of it has been provided by my mother. Hopefully I can find a nice ILE

    edit: Actually I think I like the ILE a little too much xD

  17. #17
    crazedrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    moon
    Posts
    4,885
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    are you sure your mother is ENFp? Perhaps she is ENFj?
    INTp

  18. #18

    Default

    I think it's at this point that my ignorance would show through the cracks a bit. I can't say that I'm completely sure what her type/subtype is, only what my sibling has said. Now that you mention it, I sure hope she isn't ENFp xD

    I'm just happy you've typed my well and that I've come to understand the SLI better . I guess I know for sure I'm SLI too, because there are a number of IEEs (now that I've come to understand them better as well) that I've broken off from, especially because I didn't understand the bond between us. Now it's kind of sad, but being an SLI I'm kind of over it xP

    EDIT: Whoa whoa whoa, I think you just typed my mother somehow. EIE fits her so damn well... which is sad for my father, who is an SLI too (pretty sure on that one).
    Last edited by Anonymousnotaspammer; 12-01-2009 at 09:35 PM.

  19. #19
    crazedrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    moon
    Posts
    4,885
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah that's more likely. The J/P distinction can be misleading if thought of alone, without the context of the other functions. For example ENFjs can be slothenly.. this may lead one to believe they are P, from a behavioral standpoint. Anyway, I know that growing up with a conflictor mom is terrible, having an ESFj-Fe for a mom myself. you might consider LSI for your father, which would make him dual with your mother. if your father is SLI then you must have a very argumentative and/or repressed home. ...
    INTp

  20. #20

    Default

    Oh, I do. Socionics makes up for it

  21. #21
    crazedrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    moon
    Posts
    4,885
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ideally, you look at the world as if it's your dual. I tend to look at it as if it's my conflictor
    INTp

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •