Thread: Fe don't bother me

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Fe don't bother me.

As and ISTp I't doesn't bother me at all provided the person is being genuine and not fake.

As a matter of fact I like it.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe is terrible get out of my quadra

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's something will roast you coffee beans.
    Rachael Ray doesn't bother me either.

Why am I no bothered by Fe ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wouldn't just observing Fe not bother you, but feeling like you're forced to show Fe yourself (or else be considered rude), wouldn't that bother you?

Or maybe you're an ISTj? Seems to happen fairly often that those get confused on this forum.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't need to be forced to show Fe I already do it but it's not super obvious.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

quick, hit the Fe button!

The saddest ESFj

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Super ::ndo

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

probably cuz you aren't ISTp. haven't you been everything from INFp to INFj and now ISTp?

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You need to define what Fe exactly is... most people tend to go by the stereotypes of Fe, which is usually something like "loud" and "annoying" and "fake". I'm like well, of course you'd be bothered by it if you're to stereotype them as "loud" and "annoying" and "fake".

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    You need to define what Fe exactly is... most people tend to go by the stereotypes of Fe, which is usually something like "loud" and "annoying" and "fake". I'm like well, of course you'd be bothered by it if you're to stereotype them as "loud" and "annoying" and "fake".
    Stereotypes are usually true. How do you define Fe? I can't think of a better way than what you listed.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe is mostly a focus on a person's emotional state including one's own emotional state. Weak Fe results in being unable to read or express emotional states. Observing someone being expressive doesn't cause a problem for Fe-PoLRs. It's when you're forced to interact in an emotional exchange devoid of factual communication that an Fe-PoLR would begin to feel incapable, especially if others get irritated at him/her for it.

The biggest problems come from the feeling that you must focus on you're PoLR in order to achieve a goal within the area of your HA or if someone makes you feel like you're PoLR is more important than your HA.
    Last edited by Azeroffs; 11-27-2009 at 08:17 PM.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The Family Guy Monkey is beyond alpha, so you are most likely alpha lol

It's when you're forced to interact in an emotional exchange devoid of factual communication that an Fe-PoLR would begin to feel incapable, especially if others get irritated at him/her for it.
    This is hogwash to me, because all feelings are based on facts, it's all inter-related. You feel a certain way based on certain facts that have happened (random and/or planned), that have all lined up to get you to that point. Feelings aren't the opposite of facts, which is what you just implied there.

Emotional exchanges can't help but be exchanged, because there's a constant emotional undercurrent in anything a human being does.... in fact those subjective, emotional impressions are what all the type relations are inherently based upon, which is why some people just rub us the wrong way even when they really aren't doing anything wrong, objectively. (as if that could be gauged or measured in any way but anyway....)

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    This is hogwash to me, because all feelings are based on facts, it's all inter-related. You feel a certain way based on certain facts that have happened (random and/or planned), that have all lined up to get you to that point. Feelings aren't the opposite of facts, which is what you just implied there.
    Feelings are based on facts, but they are not in themselves explicitly factual communication, which is what i meant.

Emotional exchanges can't help but be exchanged, because there's a constant emotional undercurrent in anything a human being does....
    True, but serious types prefer to focus on the explicit facts rather than the implicit ones that come from emotional exchanges. The emotional exchange is typically ignored even if it is occurring.

in fact those subjective, emotional impressions are what all the type relations are inherently based upon, which is why some people just rub us the wrong way even when they really aren't doing anything wrong, objectively. (as if that could be gauged or measured in any way but anyway....)
    That's simply not true. Type relations are based on the exchange of inherent information which can be emotional impressions. I think you may be talking about the emotional impression that comes as a result of the exchange of information.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

True, but serious types prefer to focus on the explicit facts rather than the implicit ones that come from emotional exchanges.
    That's social suicide to me, also it's naive to me in a way I don't like.

Type relations are based on the exchange of inherent information which can be emotional impressions.
    Not 'can be', which always are. I like 'inherent information' though. I just think you are vacuum-izing feelings when it's impossible to do so, as you really just displace them or replace them with something else, or your perspective tries to change to one more dominant feeling than the other but you seem to be disconnecting things too much.

You're always feeling SOMETHING as a human being I don't care how much you ignore it or prefer something else. You're gonna feel what you feel, you know what I'm saying?

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    That's social suicide to me, also it's naive to me in a way I don't like.
    Implicit communication is no greater and no worse than explicit communication. Both are contained within all communication. Both are important. Not focusing on implicit communication means you miss a lot of hidden information. Not focusing on explicit communication leaves many misunderstandings.

Not 'can be', which always are. I like 'inherent information' though. I just think you are vacuum-izing feelings when it's impossible to do so, as you really just displace them or replace them with something else, or your perspective tries to change to one more dominant feeling than the other but you seem to be disconnecting things too much.

You're always feeling SOMETHING as a human being I don't care how much you ignore it or prefer something else. You're gonna feel what you feel, you know what I'm saying?
    I know what you're saying. I agree that there is always an emotional impression being exchanged, but that's not what makes up type relations. It's only part of it.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A PoLR hit is usually done when someone points out the lack of a certain IE in your psyche.

For example:

* Being EIE and reacting negatively to criticism on why you don't give care (cook for, prepare clothes, etc) for your family.
    * Being SEI and reacting negatively to criticism on why you're not concerned about business and enterprising, or when someone points out the meaningless (in the productive sense) of your actions.

To be exposed to your vulnerable function isn't really painful and this is evident the most in the supervision relationships. SLIs somewhat admires Fe, though they fear it. I've seen SLIs to be more attracted to ESEs than IEEs, at least at first.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    True, but serious types prefer to focus on the explicit facts rather than the implicit ones that come from emotional exchanges. The emotional exchange is typically ignored even if it is occurring.
    Let's not overblow the differences. Something like the above would kill all forms of sociability, and serious types aren't necessarily unsociable. Some level of emotional exchange is always present, unless you're niffweed.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Let's not overblow the differences. Something like the above would kill all forms of sociability, and serious types aren't necessarily unsociable. Some level of emotional exchange is always present, unless you're niffweed.
    well yes, I'm putting more emphasis on 'preferred'. 'Ignored' is extreme.
    3w4-5w6-9w8