Thread: Type Me, Please

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type Me, Please.

I know some of this is probably not type related, but I didn't want to eliminate anything that MIGHT be useful.

I have a very weird, obscure sense of humor. I like PUNs, too.
    I tend to search for lovers.
    I am bossy by nature, but hide it in the company of.. others.
    I become obsessive when I have feelings for somebody.
    I enjoy art very much.
    I used to be obsessed with fantasy worlds, but not any more.
    I often lay on my bed and stare into space for very long periods of time, absentmindedly thinking about things. I never remember what I think about.
    I am a visual learner. I am good at picturing things and outcomes in my mind.
    I like to "read" people and interpret their motives (listening to what they mean and not what they say)
    I do not like people who are too sensitive.
    I envy others and sometimes wish I was more like them if I find them to be interesting.
    I hate people who are opposed to new ideas and argue back with irrelevant "facts", pretending that it makes them intelligent.
    I do not like people who are too self confident/think that they are attractive/intelligent and do not recognize that this is a relative thing.
    I hate people who do not make sense (although, I realize that I sometimes do not make sense, myself).
    I hate people who use the excuse "I just can't" or "I can't help it, it's who I am" because they do not want to do something or stop doing something.
    I am very suspicious of people when they are nice to me.
    I never know what to say when somebody compliments me.
    I can be very enthusiastic in the company of others.
    I can also be very cold to people, esp when I am tired.
    I never let people see me cry.
    I like to make people laugh but am not very good at it, usually.
    I do not like egotistical people.
    I hate people who go out of their way to be weird or different and then brag about it to the public
    I hate when people mindlessly follow norms - never questioning anything.
    I hate when people mold to a group
    sometimes I have trouble doing things if I do not find it productive, and sometimes I can't bring myself to do anything productive (it's all bery counter-productive)
    There are only one or two people who know most of my secrets.
    I am constantly thinking of ways that life could be better.
    I dislike people who demand respect and are undeserving of it.
    I sometimes take joy in the pain of others.
    I silently judge most people.
    I don't like when people try to be extraverted but come across as nervous or unsure of themselves - it makes me cringe.
    I hate people who brag about their laziness or weaknesses, rather than fixing these problems.
    I hate people who pretend to be intelligent by using "big words", unaware the actual content of their speech makes no fucking sense or has obviously not been thought through.
    I like to have theoretical discussions but nobody else I know does and it makes me feel very lonely. The ones who do always spew out cliche garbage.
    I don't like it when people compare their partners to unrealistic competition like movie or television characters.
    I don't like it when people treat relationships like articles of clothing - something to show off and then discard.
    I don't like when people let the norms of society influence them in ways that causes them to throw away what truly makes them happy, in the face of what they "are supposed to do."
    I hate people, yet I also hate people who are unaccepting of other's differences, and I think that makes me a bit hypocritical.
    I am never able to express my (well, what I THINK are my) "intellectual" qualities to people. When I try to, I am ignored.
    I like to organize things.
    When I was younger, I was very loud.
    I just got kicked out of the kitchen for picking at the pecan pie
    I feel obliged to be courteous of others.
    I am told that I am weird (and I believe it).
    Sometimes, I analyze the accuracy of an expression more than most others do.
    I can be very sensitive and when people express distaste with me, I am put off.
    When I am working, I am able to give and receive constructive criticism, though, almost any sort of criticism will usually still annoy me.
    I am sometimes unaware that I am speaking very loudly.
    If I am in a group of three people, I am usually the one who stays quiet while the other two talk.
    I'd much rather be in the company of people that I've known for a long time, even if I don't particularly like them (compared to somebody I've only recently met but like them very much).
    I don't very much like communicating with people over the internet - I much prefer face-to-face conversation because only then can I accurately read one's disposition towards me.
    I often interrupt people when they are speaking.
    I procrastinate.

Ok, that's enough for now.

Thank you in advance.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSE, "zany" subtype.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why LSE?

Amy, the general impression I get is that you are a feeler and a rational type. I am inclined to say you are EIE.
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can relate to everything you said to some degree. I can't really tell. At first I was thinking everything you were saying just sounds like a normal human being, but I few things stuck out as not normal that I relate to.

I'm pretty sure that I'm LIE so yeah.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you feel about time?

Quote Originally Posted by The Greeter View Post
    Why LSE?
    Hunch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Greeter View Post
    Why LSE?

Amy, the general impression I get is that you are a feeler and a rational type. I am inclined to say you are EIE.

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    I can relate to everything you said to some degree. I can't really tell. At first I was thinking everything you were saying just sounds like a normal human being, but I few things stuck out as not normal that I relate to.

I'm pretty sure that I'm LIE so yeah.
    Both EIE and LIE seem plausible. I am better at being analytical than I am at being warm and enthusiastic, though, so would that make me a logical type (LIE)?

Quote Originally Posted by xkj220 View Post
    How do you feel about time?

Hunch.
    Time? I lose track of time very easily - especially if I am working on something. I... I don't know exactly what it is you're asking, but I do wear a watch!

And, hmm, LSE.... maybe. My sister tried to type me using V.I. and ended up with ESE, but I'm not too sure about that.

So, so far it is agreed that I am some variation of Exxj.

If necessary, ask me questions that you think will help.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSE and LIE are both good guesses. I think LIE-Te.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    I'd much rather be in the company of people that I've known for a long time, even if I don't particularly like them (compared to somebody I've only recently met but like them very much).

I don't relate to that at all.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PS: and I'm pretty sure Expat doesn't, either.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From your list, I can feel you hating me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you do when your love interests ignore you? Do you ignore them back or do you chase after them?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    I think you're probably an ILE, or maybe ESE. Your demeanor seems overall Fe valuing, extrovert, perhaps logical and Fi PoLR (still unsure of that) but stands out in some things that you say, like "I do not like people who are too sensitive." A lot of what you say seems to point to Ti/Fe, how you like to make people laugh, value being enthusiastic, loathe people presenting facts to make them sound smart, sounds like demonstrative Te, overconfident in analyzing expressions (unwarranted overconfidence is typically a product of the hidden agenda, Fe) unless you're just extremely confident of Fe because its your dominant function. Used to be obsessed with fantasy worlds, you're weird and bossy by nature, and something about this sentence: "I hate people who go out of their way to be weird or different and then brag about it to the public." Lol. I can see intuitive-logical-extro. Are you an N in MBTI (ENTP)? If not, the other type I can suggest is ESE. You're brother could be right about that.
    ENTp has been considered, yes. The first time I ever took an MBTI test, I tested as an ENTp.
    I'm unsure of what "Fi PoLR" means. I tried looking it up before, but didn't find anything useful.

By the way, this was very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    Are you more wild with fluctuating energy, or steady with pretty even energy levels throughout most days?

Are you generally more odd, energetic, and bright, or are you more serious monotone and factual in interaction? Which is more comfortable for you? Which is preferred?

What kind of social norms do you find most uncomfortable?
    I'd say I have pretty steady energy levels. I am always more tired during the daytime and more alert at night.

When I am at school or in public, I behave more more odd/energetic, but it is definitely more comfortable for me to be serious/monotone-ish (I behave this way when I am with family, haha).

Social norms... hmm.. whatever norm it is that expects people to stay in touch and interact with all of their friends and family.... I have a bad habit of ignoring people or becoming reclusive (like an enneagram type 5). Also, the breakfast/lunch/dinner norm. I usually eat whatever and whenever I want, or might not eat for a long time because I am distracted or something. Aaaand one more. I've always been uncomfortable with playing the typical female role... my friends and family have always told me that I'm a "boyish" girl.

Quote Originally Posted by somavision View Post
    From your list, I can feel you hating me.
    Lol, I'm sorry. Ummm... for "hate" read "am annoyed by"
    That's more accurate anyways.

What do you do when your love interests ignore you? Do you ignore them back or do you chase after them?
    That depends... If he is ignoring me because he doesn't like me, I will ignore him back/leave him alone. If he is ignoring me because he is shy, but I know he likes me, I will pursue him like a murderous tiger stalking its ill-fated prey.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll ask you a few questions that I think can help determine your type:

1) What do you like in a friend/partner?

2) What do you dislike in a person?

3) What are your strengths/weaknesses?

4) Where do you work? What do you like/dislike about your job?

5) What would be your ideal job?

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    I know some of this is probably not type related, but I didn't want to eliminate anything that MIGHT be useful.

I have a very weird, obscure sense of humor. I like PUNs, too.
    I tend to search for lovers.
    I am bossy by nature, but hide it in the company of.. others.
    I become obsessive when I have feelings for somebody.
    I enjoy art very much.
    I used to be obsessed with fantasy worlds, but not any more.
    I often lay on my bed and stare into space for very long periods of time, absentmindedly thinking about things. I never remember what I think about.
    I am a visual learner. I am good at picturing things and outcomes in my mind.
    I like to "read" people and interpret their motives (listening to what they mean and not what they say)
    I do not like people who are too sensitive.
    I envy others and sometimes wish I was more like them if I find them to be interesting.
    I hate people who are opposed to new ideas and argue back with irrelevant "facts", pretending that it makes them intelligent.
    I do not like people who are too self confident/think that they are attractive/intelligent and do not recognize that this is a relative thing.
    I hate people who do not make sense (although, I realize that I sometimes do not make sense, myself).
    I hate people who use the excuse "I just can't" or "I can't help it, it's who I am" because they do not want to do something or stop doing something.
    I am very suspicious of people when they are nice to me.
    I never know what to say when somebody compliments me.
    I can be very enthusiastic in the company of others.
    I can also be very cold to people, esp when I am tired.
    I never let people see me cry.
    I like to make people laugh but am not very good at it, usually.
    I do not like egotistical people.
    I hate people who go out of their way to be weird or different and then brag about it to the public
    I hate when people mindlessly follow norms - never questioning anything.
    I hate when people mold to a group
    sometimes I have trouble doing things if I do not find it productive, and sometimes I can't bring myself to do anything productive (it's all bery counter-productive)
    There are only one or two people who know most of my secrets.
    I am constantly thinking of ways that life could be better.
    I dislike people who demand respect and are undeserving of it.
    I sometimes take joy in the pain of others.
    I silently judge most people.
    I don't like when people try to be extraverted but come across as nervous or unsure of themselves - it makes me cringe.
    I hate people who brag about their laziness or weaknesses, rather than fixing these problems.
    I hate people who pretend to be intelligent by using "big words", unaware the actual content of their speech makes no fucking sense or has obviously not been thought through.
    I like to have theoretical discussions but nobody else I know does and it makes me feel very lonely. The ones who do always spew out cliche garbage.
    I don't like it when people compare their partners to unrealistic competition like movie or television characters.
    I don't like it when people treat relationships like articles of clothing - something to show off and then discard.
    I don't like when people let the norms of society influence them in ways that causes them to throw away what truly makes them happy, in the face of what they "are supposed to do."
    I hate people, yet I also hate people who are unaccepting of other's differences, and I think that makes me a bit hypocritical.
    I am never able to express my (well, what I THINK are my) "intellectual" qualities to people. When I try to, I am ignored.
    I like to organize things.
    When I was younger, I was very loud.
    I just got kicked out of the kitchen for picking at the pecan pie
    I feel obliged to be courteous of others.
    I am told that I am weird (and I believe it).
    Sometimes, I analyze the accuracy of an expression more than most others do.
    I can be very sensitive and when people express distaste with me, I am put off.
    When I am working, I am able to give and receive constructive criticism, though, almost any sort of criticism will usually still annoy me.
    I am sometimes unaware that I am speaking very loudly.
    If I am in a group of three people, I am usually the one who stays quiet while the other two talk.
    I don't very much like communicating with people over the internet - I much prefer face-to-face conversation because only then can I accurately read one's disposition towards me.
    I often interrupt people when they are speaking.
    I procrastinate.

Ok, that's enough for now.

Thank you in advance.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think LSE-Te. Enneagram 1 most likely.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think LSE-Te. Enneagram 1 most likely.
    Lol. Before, you said you were kidding about LSE!
    And no, I'm fairly certain that I'm an Enneagram type 5w6.

So, anyways, why the pictures? Was the one I chose an INFj?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was kidding about kidding

You choose an infantile (Ne ego). You are either caregiver or aggressor, and you seem Fi-Te. I was considering gamma sf, but as you chose an infantile, now I think you are delta ST.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was kidding about kidding

You choose an infantile (Ne ego). You are either caregiver or aggressor, and you seem Fi-Te. I was considering gamma sf, but as you chose an infantile, now I think you are delta ST.
    Bahah, well ok then.
    Aggressor sounds more like me

And, delta ST... that means I'm either ISTp or ESTj.
    ESTj wins.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jason_m View Post
    I'll ask you a few questions that I think can help determine your type:

1) What do you like in a friend/partner?

2) What do you dislike in a person?

3) What are your strengths/weaknesses?

4) Where do you work? What do you like/dislike about your job?

5) What would be your ideal job?

Jason
    1- straightforwardness, honesty, a sense of humor. Someone I feel comfortable around (I should have added that to my last list)

2- dishonesty, narcissism, too much pride, too much sensitivity

3- I am good at making things aesthetically appealing. I'm good with numbers. I can usually interpret somebody's motivations or realize any discrepancies with what they say and what is true. I am bad at giving emotional support. I can also be very lazy and have bad habits of procrastination. I can be too sensitive and overly-paranoid.

4- I'm in school right now, actually.

5- I haven't decided yet. So far, I like the idea of teaching or being a graphic designer.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A sensory type is very unlikely based on this

*I often lay on my bed and stare into space for very long periods of time, absentmindedly thinking about things. I never remember what I think about.
    *I am sometimes unaware that I am speaking very loudly.
    Very unlikely an EII's dual

*I do not like people who are too sensitive.
    *I sometimes take joy in the pain of others.
    *I procrastinate
    *I like people who can participate in a good argument
    *I like people who aren't afraid to be "assholes," so long as they aren't stupid* assholes.
    *I like to poke fun at people and I like people who will poke fun back and not take it too personally (I'm usually the one to end up taking it personally, anyways).
    Anyways, I'm not too sure of your type, perhaps LIE
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Intuitive-logical-ekstravert
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.