Thread: Tony sent me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tony sent me

Hi, I'm mgrbtc and I'd like to know my type per socionics metric.

Looks:
    5'8" about 124 lbs, love to keep fit, also love to eat food and have a properly functioning metabolic rate to be able to sustain my love of carbohydrates. Brown thick hair, brown eyes, about -3 diopter that I conceal by contact lenses. Wear little to no make up, no concealer, and haven't had kids run away from me yet. Complexion fair, but don't get sunburned easily. Skeletal frame medium to small.

Brains:
    Good memory, especially of numbers and strings, otherwise prone to romanticizing the past, and really, wouldn't have it any other way. Selective filter for learning, a lot of skepticism towards new information. Things stick but only after much analysis and verification.

What else is there?

How about you ask me questions and we go from there?

Love and peace,
    m

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I asked her to come. She scored INTj on one test, but scored ESTj on the OKCupid socionics test, so we weren't really sure about her type.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good memory, especially of numbers and strings,
    Implies logical, especially the numbers bit.

otherwise prone to romanticizing the past,
    This actually made me think Ni or Ne superid, i.e., beta or delta ST, but it's weak evidence for either one of these.

Selective filter for learning
    Sounds Ti > Te.

a lot of skepticism towards new information. Things stick but only after much analysis and verification.
    This actually sounds like Ne superego to me, with the whole skepticism towards new information, but there are different kinds of skepticism, and your skepticism could easily be associated with LII rather than LSI.

I'd say you're probably LII, but LSI might be a possibility (wishful thinking on my part; I'm always up for more betas on the forum).

Questions: what are you interested in, either for work or as a hobby? Do you prefer predictions about what will happen, or exploring multiple possibilities? I'm not any good at this asking questions bit, so I can't think of much more. Sorry.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the writing I was going to say ESTj. My main reason for that is no one can type accurately based on body weight, height, and absurd statistics like that, along with abstract descriptors of facial qualities. Assuming we did sort of seems like weak Ni and wanting Ne. Secondary reasons are the hints of Fi in the post, which are vulnerable. I also initially typed smilingeyes as INTj based on his technical writing style, and later found out he was ESTj.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh jeez
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tony sent me
    You're in Mafia, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Questions: what are you interested in, either for work or as a hobby? Do you prefer predictions about what will happen, or exploring multiple possibilities? I'm not any good at this asking questions bit, so I can't think of much more. Sorry.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for replying, silverchris.

1) Here's a brief list of activities that I'm interested in:

Reading math-related articles and math textbooks on various topics
    Reading non-fiction books (authors such as R. Dawkins, S.J. Gould, S. Pinker, B. Ehrenreich etc.)
    Playing piano (though it's been a while since I seriously sat down and did a piece)
    Keeping fit by exercising (running, ice skating, swimming)
    Travel - local and abroad
    Learning about environmental issues and ways to resolve problems
    Organizing the space I live in, and generally organizing my life (schedule, budget etc.)
    Playing strategy-based board games (such as GO/chess)

For comparison, here's a list of activities/pursuits I find utterly boring:

Cooking and recipe exchange
    Wandering around shopping malls
    Fashion and fashion design
    Watching movies (unless documentaries or possibly non-Hollywood)
    Playing predominantly or partially luck-based board or card games (such as monopoly and backgammon)

2) As for future prediction preference, I'd like to say both would be great. But basically if you ask me if I'd rather get a FAIAP certain future prediction from a source and move on with life vs. get a set of most likely (but pair-wise different) scenarios, I'd probably choose the first. I'm kind of practical like that.

tuturutu..., I'll let you keep guessing on that one for now.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds Ti.
    Reading non-fiction books (authors such as R. Dawkins, S.J. Gould, S. Pinker, B. Ehrenreich etc.)
    Sounds Ti.
    Playing piano (though it's been a while since I seriously sat down and did a piece)
    Not really type related

Not really type related either, although Se types tend to be more athletic.
    Not really type related either, although Ne types tend to like exploring (Enneagram 7 or whatever)
    Fixing problems/enacting solutions, as opposed to finding problems/studying solutions seems more Se, but again, that's hard to type.
    Organizing the space I live in, and generally organizing my life (schedule, budget etc.)
    Thinking. Ti or Te would do this, though for different reasons. Ti would probably do it for its own sake because Ti is often all about finding distinctions and component parts and it's nice to see that reflected in the exterior life. Delta Te would probably do it because it's less unclear that way (Ni-polr doesn't like certain kinds of mystery/uncertainty), and you don't seem gamma to me. Te would be more concerned with how an organized life is more efficient.
    Ti

Sounds not Si-valuing.

Sounds not Si-valuing.
    Sounds not Si-valuing.
    Not sure how to type that.
    Playing predominantly or partially luck-based board or card games (such as monopoly and backgammon)
    May be evidence for not Ni-valuing, but hard to type.
    2) As for future prediction preference, I'd like to say both would be great. But basically if you ask me if I'd rather get a FAIAP certain future prediction from a source and move on with life vs. get a set of most likely (but pair-wise different) scenarios, I'd probably choose the first. I'm kind of practical like that.
    This points to Ni-valuing over Ne-valuing, so maybe LSI, but it's also a very poor question, so...

I'm still going to say probably LII or LSI, and I don't know how to differentiate between the two without bias. I found some evidence for not Si-valuing, but that could also just be non-dualization, and LIIs probably don't like shopping with their ESEs even after they've been all dualized. Also the whole shopping and fashion bit could be cultural or just thinking base. I'm fairly confirmed in alpha or beta over gamma or delta, although I suppose gamma NT is a possibility... I just don't get that vibe from you at all.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

almost all of those function attributions are off. Most of what you call Si, could be both Se or Si. Most of what you call Ti, could be both Te or Ti.
    poster: it is better for you to go read descriptions of: LII, LSI, LSE, then tell us which you identify with.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For what it is worth, I find myself not having much in common with you in regard to the things you mentioned.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratXII View Post
    almost all of those function attributions are off. Most of what you call Si, could be both Se or Si. Most of what you call Ti, could be both Te or Ti.
    poster: it is better for you to go read descriptions of: LII, LSI, LSE, then tell us which you identify with.
    Overall, your point is true; looking at descriptions would probably be the way to go. I agree that LSE, LSI, and LII would be the first ones to look at.

That being said, of course most activities can be performed with/be associated with multiple functions. I just put the ones with the strongest associations. Sure, reading Dawkins and Linear Algebra for funzies could be associated with an ILI just as soon as with an LII, but mgrbtc doesn't seem gamma to me (don't ask me why), and those activities are *definitely* more associated with Alpha NTs than Delta STs.

How on earth would not caring about fashion or cooking be associated at all with Se? The shopping malls thing is not much evidence for anything, but if I had to immediately associate it with something, I'd say Si nonvaluing, and draw no conclusions whatsoever related to Se from that information. The most obvious socionics association for those activities is Si, although *of course* they can be associated with other functions as well. Not caring about those things, as opposed to trying them and failing at them, implies unvalued Si. I'll sort of give you the Ti/Te confusion (although that was because I mainly had delta-style Te in mind), but the Se/Si bit I'm not so willing to concede.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fashion has nothing to do with Si. Fashion need not have anything to do with comfort or health, only an expectation of adherence to a certain image. It is expectation that one arrange one's clothing to meet a certain sensory obligation. Completely Se, even at the expense of Si.

I should know because I am utterly unfashionable.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mgrbtc View Post
    Thanks for replying, silverchris.

1) Here's a brief list of activities that I'm interested in:

tuturutu..., I'll let you keep guessing on that one for now.
    The manner of this makes me think ESTj>INTj. All these lists... without even using proper bullets or [LIST] tags!

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mgrbtc View Post
    Looks:
    5'8" about 124 lbs, love to keep fit, also love to eat food and have a properly functioning metabolic rate to be able to sustain my love of carbohydrates. Brown thick hair, brown eyes, about -3 diopter that I conceal by contact lenses. Wear little to no make up, no concealer, and haven't had kids run away from me yet. Complexion fair, but don't get sunburned easily. Skeletal frame medium to small.
    Besides the contacts and hair thickness, you remind me of myself.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.