Thread: Always late

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Always late...

Which types are most likely to have a problem with being punctual and are always running late? Constantly making people impatient or angry about their chronic tardiness, becoming used to being accused about it and still not giving a shit. Or don't know how (nor care enough) to change.

“Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    Which types are most likely to have a problem with being punctual and are always running late? Constantly making people impatient or angry about their chronic tardiness, becoming used to being accused about it and still not giving a shit. Or don't know how (nor care enough) to change.

me at every job I've ever had.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My SLI mom makes us late.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My SLI dad is notoriously late
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could beat anybody at this!

It's not even funny anymore....

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to know this SLI guy who was late by more than 30 minutes to EVERYthing. I would lie to him about the time the movie started just so we wouldn't miss half of it. lol
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I used to know this SLI guy who was late by more than 30 minutes to EVERYthing. I would lie to him about the time the movie started just so we wouldn't miss half of it. lol
    I'm SLI and am almost never late...as long as I remmeber the meeting...time...and location.
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ip probably
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It might depend on upbringing and how much people care about the consequences in general. I am typically not late to things...max. 10 minutes if I am. Most people seem to get wrapped up doing other things instead of walking out their door. I don't think I'll ever continue cleaning my apartment in lieu of going somewhere else!

I have an entire group of friends (of all types) who are *never* punctual. In fact, if you want to set up a group event, you have to tell them 2 hours earlier than the actual time, because that's how long it will take most of them to gather. I really don't get it.

I assume that none of them are late to work.
    IEE

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    moi

(except i do give a shit at work, because i don't want to get fired and such... that doesn't stop me from being late a lot though)

I'm on time only for my Spanish class.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post
    I'm SLI and am almost never late...as long as I remmeber the meeting...time...and location.
    Dude! are you even SLI?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post
    Most people seem to get wrapped up doing other things instead of walking out their door. I don't think I'll ever continue cleaning my apartment in lieu of going somewhere else!
    Haha! That's so me. You might catch me playing the guitar when I'm already late somewhere, or cutting my nails while people are waiting and yelling at me to hurry.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate when people are late...just tell me another time if you've got things to do.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I hate when people are late...just tell me another time if you've got things to do.
    Same.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Same.
    You guys are kind of missing the point here. We're not talking about planned things, but more like things that come up out of nowhere. Which, let's face it, do happen, even in a literal sense. Like, for instance, I would be ready to set off, when something totally unexpected will happen. Like, I suddenly must go to the bathroom, or someone calls me on the phone, or I've forgotten something, or I can't find my keys, etc.

I can be on time if its very important, but it's more customary for me to either be late or arrive early.

This is also very true:

ISTps are also a poor judge of time. They can lose track of how much time has past when they are doing something they are interested in. They might also ignore necessary obligations, because they are too busy taking care of themselves and their comforts and conveniences instead of thinking about the problems of the future. These can eventually catch up with the ISTp, and either his workload piles up or he lets deadlines pass. ISTps can become overly-anxious about being late while going somewhere, so sometimes they will be early just so they don’t have to worry about it.
    Last edited by Park; 11-25-2009 at 08:21 PM.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can be scrupulously on time when I care about things. But most of the time I'm late. I really don't identify with that whole Ni = time craziness.

Anyway, my IEE mom. Notoriously. Like, everyone who knows her notoriously (granted, when my brother and I were younger, it was normally our fault...).
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    You guys are kind of missing the point here. We're not talking about planned things, but more like things that come up out of nowhere. Which, let's face it, do happen, even in a literal sense. Like, for instance, I would be ready to set off, when something totally unexpected will happen. Like, I suddenly must go to the bathroom, or someone calls me on the phone, or I've forgotten something, or I can't find my keys, etc.

I can be on time if its very important, but it's more customary for me to either be late or arrive early.
    Alright. Shit happens, I know, but am able to make quick decisions. If, and only if, something is of lesser importance, than the thing I want to do or place I want to be at, I just have no or see no problem in disregarding it or putting it off. That said, I'm never late for me appointments, if, and only if, I already know me time invested in them, won't go to waste. I value the same in others.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright. Shit happens, I know, but am able to make quick decisions.
    I think that's the key thing. I'm not really capable of making quick decisions. (Which does not apply to everything, but it applies in general.)

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright. Shit happens, I know, but am able to make quick decisions. If, and only if, something is of lesser importance, than the thing I want to do or place I want to be at, I just have no or see no problem in disregarding it or putting it off. That said, I'm never late for me appointments, if, and only if, I already know me time invested in them, won't go to waste. I value the same in others.
    Yeah, same. I understand that some people have a worse sense of time, but I can't help but thinking that it's a bit disrespectful. I'm talking of more than 20 minutes late here, not 10-15 minutes, which is usually the norm. Btw, I'm also talking about personal appointments. If it was a work setting, and I were to be a supervisor, I wouldn't care too much about timing unless it was always more than half an hour...
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm totally like that, parkster, especially if i think it doesn't matter/deem it unimportant.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm habitually late by about 15 minutes. it has to do with me not liking too much structure or control going on in my life. i need a lot of latitude. i tell people that i usually run late though, in advance. or, if i'm running late, i call them and let them know so hopefully they're not feeling too much like wtf.

lateness is related to intuition and irrationality. my estp ex would go ballistic when i'd be running late. he couldn't stand it.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    My SLI mom makes us late.
    I know an SLI who is always early, often 10-20 minutes early, to everything.
    And another who tends to be late.

Believe it or not, the former is 9w8, the latter is 9w1
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    i'm totally like that, parkster, especially if i think it doesn't matter/deem it unimportant.