Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 128

Thread: Identity crisis

  1. #1
    Kristiina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Estonia, Tartu
    Posts
    4,021
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Identity crisis

    I was an INTj for quite a while. Then I thought I was ISTj. Now I think I'm ENTj. The topic kinda started in Gamma quadra. oldforumlinkviewtopic.php?t=3246

    Some of the test results from the last year. They measure in MBTI system. Not many real socionics tests out there...
    INTJ
    ISTJ
    ENTJ
    ISTP
    ISTJ
    ISTP
    INTJ
    And these are rather typical numbers:
    Introverted (I) 62.5% Extroverted (E) 37.5%
    Sensing (S) 54.17% Intuitive (N) 45.83%
    Thinking (T) 83.33% Feeling (F) 16.67%
    Judging (J) 54.17% Perceiving (P) 45.83%

    Socionics test
    F ( Ne )=-245
    F ( Ni )=-40
    F ( Se )=-190
    F ( Si )=-255
    F ( Te )=-125
    F ( Ti )=-170
    F ( Fe )=-260
    F ( Fi )= -110

    Ne vs Si = -500
    Ni vs Se = -230
    Te vs Fi = -235
    Ti vs Fe = -430

    Plausible Types

    INTp intuitive subtype
    ENTj intuitive subtype
    ENTj logical subtype
    INTp logical subtype
    ENTj intuitive subtype
    INTp intuitive subtype


    Well... If I am ENTj, then I never was an INTj. In a way, they are exact opposites. Now I'm having an identity crisis. I think I have always seen the wrong things in the descriptions. Freaked out.
    BTW! I think I identify with and more than with and . Erkki agreed. (I let him pick them out without knowing what I would expect or which ones would mean which type.)
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

    Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

    Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

  2. #2
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,626
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I was browsing you past posts, and I've found this little excerpt...


    I think that one reason why I can't get along with ISTps is that they misunderstand me and then use that misunderstanding against me. They constantly rephrase me and tell me what I have said. I'm not good with setting words and I hate it when someone holds it against me even after I have explained what I really meant. And with that lab-partner, I explained one thing 3 times and he still kept reminding me about it. I think he forgot everything that he couldn't use against me.
    Still browsing...
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  3. #3
    Kristiina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Estonia, Tartu
    Posts
    4,021
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    One thing I probably haven't emphasised enough on this forum in general is that I am very ambitious! Everything is about getting further in life. I am rather phlegmatic and I've had problems with procrastination, but when something needs to be done, I will stop at nothing. There have been plenty of nights when I have stayed up and studied, and then gone to sleep after the exam.

    Erkki sees me as an extremely curious person. He thinks that I have an endless supply of what-if questions. He can't always answer them, but he does give a new perspective.

    I like to play logical mind-games. After a while, though, I get stuck in my own thoughts. I don't have enough data to continue or I can't choose which facts are more important (if they are exclusive). Then I'll try to think of other things and I keep coming back to the same problem and I can't continue until someone else gives me the solution. I can't really think that I'll ignore a fact, to make the thought process easier. I can ignore facts when someone intelligent has told me that it's OK to do so.

    I like details. When I have decided to really work on something, I will do it as close to perfect as I can. Most of the time, stuff just keeps piling on the tables and other surfaces. I wash dishes when I run out of clean ones or when the dirty dishes get in my way. But when I finally do wash them, they are sparkling clean and I will have washed all of them.

    When I study, I have to talk about it. Erkki doesn't mind so much, but most of the time he doesn't understand it. Well... it's not easy to suddenly understand molecular mechanisms in the prokaryotic cell. It's not easy even when I talk about it in an exited perky way.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

    Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

    Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

  4. #4
    Kristiina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Estonia, Tartu
    Posts
    4,021
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I might be on the wrong trail... It seems weird that I could be ENTj, but in a way, it would make sense. I have some of the traits, but not all...

    And Expat, I didn't really identify with the ENTj profile in http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3101 . I'm not sure if it proves anything, but that's not me in the description.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

    Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

    Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

  5. #5
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well, I identify with it, nearly 100%, even in small details, and I believe the other ENTjs here do, too.

    Can you say precisely what is it that you don't identify with?
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  6. #6
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,626
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I idenfity with most of that, except the what-if scenarios. Though it might be something I might be up to, but that I do not notice.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  7. #7
    Kristiina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Estonia, Tartu
    Posts
    4,021
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Well, I identify with it, nearly 100%, even in small details, and I believe the other ENTjs here do, too.

    Can you say precisely what is it that you don't identify with?
    "Representatives of this type are constantly situated in the search for the best conditions and the greater possibilities of application for their business qualities." what business... I want to go all the way with my mental abilities, but I wouldn't want to own a company.

    "The LIE loves to earn money [ -- ], they love to spend it without considering. They do not love to save money, nor to reject the customary pleasures." I don't see any point in spending money. I don't go shopping very often and when I do, I'll try not to spend. I feel proud of myself if I manage with a little money. But I have to admit, this is true: "Independently of income level, the LIE prefers to buy expensive things, taking into account their quality." I'm too poor to buy cheap things.

    "LIE is dynamic. Easily they adapt to new conditions, they stably transfer burdens and deprivations. " No!

    etc... The whole text applies to me 50%. Can't quote half the text. In general, it describes an active person who's always running around, living a fast-paced life, making money. He has no respect for any details, he shows little emotions, does what he wants, buys anything that catches his eye... This is just not me. It gives me the picture of a regular corporate shark - he won't care if he steps on other people on his way up and no one dares to piss him off.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

    Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

    Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

  8. #8
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,626
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    " what business... I want to go all the way with my mental abilities, but I wouldn't want to own a company.
    No, here "business" is synonimous with "work".


    "The LIE loves to earn money [ -- ], they love to spend it without considering. They do not love to save money, nor to reject the customary pleasures." I don't see any point in spending money. I don't go shopping very often and when I do, I'll try not to spend. I feel proud of myself if I manage with a little money. But I have to admit, this is true: "Independently of income level, the LIE prefers to buy expensive things, taking into account their quality." I'm too poor to buy cheap things.
    This doesn't exclude ENTj at all.


    :
    etc... The whole text applies to me 50%. Can't quote half the text. In general, it describes an active person who's always running around, living a fast-paced life, making money. He has no respect for any details, he shows little emotions, does what he wants, buys anything that catches his eye... This is just not me. It gives me the picture of a regular corporate shark - he won't care if he steps on other people on his way up and no one dares to piss him off.
    No, no, read ALL the description, not just the and parts!
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  9. #9
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    FDG already said it, but - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    "Representatives of this type are constantly situated in the search for the best conditions and the greater possibilities of application for their business qualities." what business... I want to go all the way with my mental abilities, but I wouldn't want to own a company.
    "Business" is used to mean , which also means technically-oriented work. Profitable activities where you can apply your knowledge and logic. I'm not an entrepreneur, either.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    I don't see any point in spending money. I don't go shopping very often and when I do, I'll try not to spend. I feel proud of myself if I manage with a little money. But I have to admit, this is true: "Independently of income level, the LIE prefers to buy expensive things, taking into account their quality." I'm too poor to buy cheap things
    You have to read the description as a whole. It's not about spending money for the sake of spending money. I don't do that, either, and I make a point of having a budget surplus every month. As for going shopping, the part says that ENTjs dislike "going shopping" due to the wast of time involved. It's basically about using your to earn money but also being confident in it to spend it (but not going bankrupt doing that, that's the opposite of ).

    Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    "LIE is dynamic. Easily they adapt to new conditions, they stably transfer burdens and deprivations. " No!
    Well, that is me. I have changed countries 6 times, and continents 3 times, in the last 12 years, and not because one company transferred me around. Perhaps I am logical subtype?

    Please see if you can relate to the other functions, such as , etc.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  10. #10
    Kristiina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Estonia, Tartu
    Posts
    4,021
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wasn't there also a comment from Diana? Well, I don't think I am ISTj. I have analyzed it and I do have many of the ISTj qualities, but that's just one aspect of my personality. I get these ISTj moments, but this is not what I usually am. I know a couple of ISTjs and they are very similar. They even look similar in a way. Both wear rather gray not-outstanding clothes, glasses, no make-up, are cum laude students, short, friendly and most importantly - both are selectively opinionated. They are not very original in their thoughts, but they are intelligent in a logical way (rather analytical, not sharp and witty). This is all very nice, but in general, I don't think or act the same way. We get along well, but mostly talk when we have a reason to do so.


    I will try to analyze the Expats version of the functional description by Stratiyevskaya. And I'll try to interpret in a more flexible way. I'll combine it with Blakes function descriptions in oldforumlinkviewtopic.php?t=2477

    1 yes, I live my live in a way that would maximise my possibilities. I have a high goal and I have dedicated my life to achieving it. I can't live without a goal. Then I would be living an empty life. I wouldn't work for minimum wage, but I will make an exception if it brings me a lot closer to my life dream. I'm not as chaotic as they described, but I think I just use Te in a different way. These are some things from Blakes functions description that I recognize in myself: Planning all actions. Ambitious – the will to succeed. Rationalisation, productivity, sequence. Skill to bring to perfection the procedure for the fulfilment of any actions.

    2 I have little sense of time. I used to be late very often. Blakes description: Intense feeling of dangers. Expectation of positive changes in the future. Foresight, the skill in advance to avoid future danger. Positive prediction of the future, dreaminess, ease, intuition. ....but this is still stained with the habit of always counting on the worst possible thing to happen in the near future. I live my life trying to avoid the future disaster that I have predicted to happen.

    3 My emotions are very obviously visible from my body language. I act rather positively and joke around quite often. I practically never greet people with a straight face. I smile a lot and I do it genuinely. I don't fake emotions. When I'm talking to someone boring, I don't try to look interested. When I'm talking to someone in a bad mood, I make a strong mental wall around me and try to leave asap. I'm afraid of being influenced by their nervousness. I'm not sure if I act the right way, but I do my best to read the body language of other people.

    4 I have a weakness for very pretty things, I can just stare jewelry, even if I'm not going to buy. I get great pleasure from perfect paintings and the right music. (sometimes almost orgasmic sensation). On the other hand, I don't have much sense of style. I just wear what feels right, but I always double-check with other people when I try something new.

    5 I don't consider myself to have any moral principles. I think that almost everything is allowed if the situation calls for it. Killing is ok, when it's self-defence, stealing is ok, when there is no other way. (homeless people are not allowed to steal food. if they want to eat, they should either get a job or collect empty bottles). There are plenty of things that I take for granted - from being polite to not stealing. I am annoyed with people who have strong moral principles because I see this as an inability to make your own choices in life.

    6 "With their entire pragmaticality and practicalness the ENTjs have a habit to periodically "hover in the clouds"." very true. I have a rather strong will power, but not when it comes to everyday matters. I still haven't quit smoking and I couldn't follow a diet. "Focused on achieving an end result." I do like to think so.

    7 Things must make sense. "For the ENTj it is very important precisely the authenticity of information sources." yes. "He possesses excellent memory, he easily memorizes new information, trying to immediately systematize it." no! I only remember the things that fit into my personal system. Total inability to memorise facts. I can remember complex logic when I understand it thoroughly, but I'll still forget the facts behind it. "However relaxed he was, it would seem, any logical contradiction immediately pricks up his ears. ENTj - fundamental enemy of manipulation with facts, even if this does not change the essence of concept. " very true.

    8 "He subconsciously compares his own possibilities to the possibilities of others, because this is the region, in which it is constantly desirable to work at himself and to obtain appreciation without fail." yes. I want to be better than other people and I'm willing to learn now skills if I need to. "Subconsciously the ENTj feels, that this quality is given him in order to rescue someone, to help out those, who are weaker than him, who fell into the misfortune." Must be very subconscious! "The ENTj respects people, who achieved much in the life because of their diligence, fearlessness, perseverance, foresight, common sense,; he respects people with the fantasy, people, who develop their abilities." very true. "about his achievements, LIE never claims anything excess - he does not love empty bragging." true. "LIEs are very life-loving and optimistic, they love the saturated vital rhythm: active, dynamic labor and productive leisure." not me!

    I know this is quite a lot of text... I actually needed to do that anyway, so it wasn't much trouble to write it. I even saved it in MS Word, just in case. I realized that I can make anything sound logical if I try. So if I really wanted to believe so, I could say that I'm very good at communicating with other people or, to the contrary, that I annoy them all the time and that they put up with me because they are polite. BTW! Erkki is rather convinced that I have finally found the right type, but he doesn't know much about socionics.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

    Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

    Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

  11. #11
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Kristiina,

    Is it safe to assume that, when reading that full profile, your overal conclusion is "no, that is not me"?

    Honestly right now I don't know what to think. At face value, your last post suggests INTp to me. It seems to indicate as role function and PoLR. But some things indicate rather than .

    Perhaps you are INTp intuitive subtype, which suppresses your ?
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  12. #12
    Kristiina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Estonia, Tartu
    Posts
    4,021
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have read the INTp description quite thoroughly and it resembles me much less than the ENTj profile.

    When I compared different things, I actually got the impression that the functions say that I am ENTj. The reason why I still haven't said that I am one, is the fact that I might have distorted reality to fit into the type. Generally, I think that my is stronger than . One of the reasons for this is: "Ambitious – the will to succeed", which actually defines a huge part of me.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

    Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

    Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

  13. #13
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Functional analysis should take presidence over typing by description. If ENTj makes sense functionally, and you get along well with Gammas, then you are ENTj.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    281
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    I have read the INTp description quite thoroughly and it resembles me much less than the ENTj profile.

    When I compared different things, I actually got the impression that the functions say that I am ENTj. The reason why I still haven't said that I am one, is the fact that I might have distorted reality to fit into the type. Generally, I think that my is stronger than . One of the reasons for this is: "Ambitious – the will to succeed", which actually defines a huge part of me.
    Maybe you can explain why you are ambitious and have such a strong will to succeed. INTjs, and probably other types, can be like that too but the reason are usually not the same as those for an ENTj I believe.

  15. #15
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,626
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Kristina;

    I can tell you that some things you have highligted as "Not true" for you are the things that, in my opinion, particularly define ENTj-ness. This is especially true in my regard in relation to the concern for morality of MY actions; an even stronger charateristic is the "need to live a saturated rythm of life". If I don't have this, I get depressed. Another strong point versus ENTj is the tendency to be late.

    I think you're not ENTj, but not because ENTj is "better than you", just because your observations about your behaviour do not match the most clearly defined charateristics of the ENTj type.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  16. #16
    Smilingeyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,228
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Another strong point versus ENTj is the tendency to be late.
    This just caught my eye here.
    Actually many type descriptions agree that many ENTjs have a tendency to be late. I can agree with the descriptions because I'm one of the always late ENTjs. OTOH when there's something important, I tend to be way too early.
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

  17. #17
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes, I was thinking something like what FDG said, which is what made me think of INTp intuitive subtype, especially since her does not seem to be particularly emphasized.

    @Kristiina: the ambition of ENTjs is more related to hidden agenda. is more related to employing our abilities in an efficient and logical way.

    Which INTp profile did you read?
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  18. #18
    Kristiina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Estonia, Tartu
    Posts
    4,021
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Can't really say which function this would be, but I can describe why I am ambitious. I'm afraid I have to say something about my past, because this might actually be an important thing.

    EDIT: removed some stuff... no longer nessesary to keep it here. The ones who wanted to read it, probably read it anyway and had nothing to reply.

    And the answer to the question - I am very ambitious because I see how far I have gotten so far and I want to know how much further I am able to get.

    And the INTp descriptions... I have only agreed with a couple of bad MBTI INTP descriptions. They are just so not me. I'm too opinionated and calculating compared to INTps. And I see how Erkki acts and I have heard what he thinks of most things, so I can compare myself to him. He is a very classical INTp and I'm different from him.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

    Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

    Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

  19. #19
    Kristiina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Estonia, Tartu
    Posts
    4,021
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm going to delete big chunks from my last post in a couple of days. I don't feel comfertable with this being on the internet. I'll keep it up for 2-3 days, haven't decided yet.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

    Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

    Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

  20. #20
    Kristiina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Estonia, Tartu
    Posts
    4,021
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default most probably ENTj

    I have done A LOT of research on the topic... I'm quite sure I'm ENTj. I analysed the data from 2 function-based tests... long story short, I excluded most of the 16 types and 4 types remained. What a co-incidence - all of the gamma quadra types. From these 4, I can be nothing but ENTj.

    This also makes many things very clear to me. My inter-type relations make sense. I can understand why I never was a good match with ISTps. I see why me and Erkki get along.


    Thank you all for the comments, they gave me courage to go further with the possibility of me being an ENTj. I still say, that a year ago, I really acted and thought like an INTj, at least according to the different profiles. And I never did understand the functions thing, because even the INTj main functions just didn't make any sense (no wonder, eh? :wink: )

    Still, if you have any comments, please tell me. Why did you, all the socionics-people, during ALL this time, never realised that I use the opposite functions (Te vs Ti, etc) compared to what I claim I use? :wink:
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

    Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

    Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

  21. #21
    Creepy-Diana

    Default Re: most probably ENTj

    .

  22. #22
    Kristiina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Estonia, Tartu
    Posts
    4,021
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So... Now I am rather sure I am ENTj. If you find some huge inconsistencies, tell me.

    First, I did an analysis in MS Excel, combined the results of two tests. Same test, did it twice, different moods. (modified the results, but they are comparable, just prettier to look at.)
    Legend: both columns are arranged (stronger->weaker) Numbers show the strength of the function.
    326 191
    256 161
    241 161
    196 146
    176 121
    121 76
    111 26
    106 1

    I excluded 8 types, because they had , , or in their Ego block and I obviously can't have that. Then only 4 types remained: the gamma quadra. I'm not SF, so I'm either INTp or ENTj. And I'm not INTp.

    Second: The relations. So far, all the people I have typed correctly (95%) fit into an ENTj relationship pattern.
    ISTp - (supervision, they supervise) I hate it when they say "whatever" to anything I can prove and then still stay convinced that they are right. They REALLY irritate me. It only takes 10 min of conversation through messenger to make me give them the "evil eye" through the computer screen. They just never listen to my reasoning.
    INTp - (mirror) we are not the same, but we get along great. There are some things that they don't provide me with (they can be as loving as humanly possible, but it still sometimes sounds like they're just using mere phrases and action patterns, even though I know they love me very deeply). They are not very willing to discuss how they reach a conclusion, but they are able to do so, if I make them. :wink: And I want them to discuss it so I will know all of their facts and assumptions. Otherwise it would be really hard to have a meaningful two-way discussion.
    ENFj - (look-a-like) Me and my sister talk a lot together, but usually we talk about different topics. I will tell her about something that I found out about socionics theory, she will tell me how her day went, I will tell her how I got yet another huge bruise, she will tell me how she talked to a teacher.... we talk, but we usually talk about different subjects. It's like we use each other to unwind and don't mind that the other person does the same thing. We are not physically close (we don't hug, when the other one is going on a trip), but we constantly borrow each others stuff. Most of the make-up belongs to one of us, but we treat it as if it was ours.
    PS! Me, Erkki (INTp) and the ENFj sister live together, we get along fine, although when we discuss something general (why some people are poor, does democracy work, etc) me and Erkki tend to gang up on the ENFj sister by using our . The two of them argue a little more than I argue with either one of them, but they have never been too angry at each other (Except when they met and Erkki reviewed something my sister had written. Hadn't seen my sister so angry in a while :wink: )
    ISFj - (dual) my sisters boyfriend. We used to not get along at all, but we got over our issues. Well, my sister used to get a little bitter about the way me and her BF talk. There is some weird understanding between us. "No wonder you didn't like that computer game!" - "Yeah, exactly. You didn't like it either?"... and we unintentionally kinda exclude the sister from the conversation. It's not as bad as it sounds, but that has happened on more than one occasion.
    ISTj - (illusionary) Not sure. We are friendly towards each other and they seem to like my company. The problem is that they are usually rather hard to read (they seem serious even when they laugh). And I sometimes feel like I have to work twice as hard to make the conversation positive and even semi-energetic. But when I first met one of the ISTjs, we clicked right away. We had just been introduced by my sister and suddenly she saw someone else and had to run off, leaving the two of us just standing there. Awkward. Stranger. We were just rolling our eyes and she suddenly said in a pleasant and sarcastic tone "nice weather today" (or "how about that weather..."). It just felt so positive. We play D&D together now.

    Thirdly, Functions.
    A model (numbers are the sums of the scores from the first table)
    402 472
    137 182
    337 447
    317 122

    PoLR - I can handle some pain (I let the dentist do her job and concentrate on the fact that it's good for me) but most of the time, the thought of pain is very scary for me. In my dreams, I am really afraid of being physically hurt, and when I get into that situation, I usually wake up feeling spooked out. Comfort is important for me. I thougt that this would make my Si score high, I don't know why it's so low.
    - Well, I always have known that my Ni is strong within me. :wink: I use it a lot, it usually comes as movie-flashes for me. When I think, I suddenly see some moment of my life as a scene. Some of them are from the past, some are from the probable future.
    - Damn It was supposed to have a better score. What do you mean I have no Fe?! The test is wrong!!! It must be!
    - I'm not supposed to have any of this. What do you mean stronger than Fe?! Heeey!! Bastard!
    - I don't know why this is so strong. But I am good in math and do like patterns.
    - I think I use it a lot. I am usually proud of the fact that I always have a reason for thinking something. I have a reason why I have a particular opinion. The opinion doesn't just appear out of nowhere, I know the logic behind it. I'm not always able to explain it with words, because the proof might be linked to a complicated system in my head (but I think that's more about using Ti.)

    Ok, I think that's it.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

    Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

    Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

  23. #23
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,626
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think your relationships charts fits ENTj quite well. Also, the way you write looks to me. I think I'll end doubting your type now!
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  24. #24
    Kristiina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Estonia, Tartu
    Posts
    4,021
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Everybody, post!!! Am I ENTj? I don't want to make a new thread. But I want lots and lots of posts!
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

    Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

    Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

  25. #25
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    Everybody, post!!! Am I ENTj? I don't want to make a new thread. But I want lots and lots of posts!
    I've never known a female ENTj so I'm not sure how they differ from male ENTjs but I don't relate you well with FDG and Expat kind of ENTjs. Maybe I can see something common in you and Ashton but still the "vibe" is somehow different. But if FDG thinks you could be ENTj then I guess you could be. I don't even know my own type so I try to be careful when typing others But the ambitions & goals -> Te is your 1st function conclusion sounds a bit too muchy much.

  26. #26

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    136
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think you're ENTj!
    NiTe | Socionix

  27. #27
    Creepy-

    Default

    I think you could be ENTj...

    You definately seem to go for over , and from chat conversations you seem to share some preoccupations

  28. #28
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The relationships chart does fit ENTj, as do your functions -- I do think rmcnew's test is good when the results are clear.

    Everything suggests either INTp or ENTj, and if you identify better with ENTj than INTp, then you're ENTj. The thing is not whether you identify 100% with the ENTj descriptions, but whether you identify better with any other type, which does not seem to be the case.

    I agree with FDG that it's odd that you don't seem to have the need for a high-rhythm lifestyle, but in general I don't see anything obviously non-ENTj about you.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  29. #29
    Kristiina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Estonia, Tartu
    Posts
    4,021
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thank you for the posts, you people are so cool!

    It really makes me happy. Really.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

    Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

    Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

  30. #30
    Hiding Typhon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Valhalla
    TIM
    Ni-ENFj
    Posts
    2,645
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    Everybody, post!!! Am I ENTj? I don't want to make a new thread. But I want lots and lots of posts!
    I basically agree with what Diana said- I cant tell what functions people are using, least of all online, but I say that if you sincerely think you are ENTj than settle on that.

  31. #31

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    237
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    IMHO: ISTJ
    ENTj - intuitive subtype - 8w9, sp/sx

  32. #32
    Kristiina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Estonia, Tartu
    Posts
    4,021
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eidos
    IMHO: ISTJ
    I considered that for quite a while.

    + yeah, I get overly obsessive about details, when I have the chance.
    + yeah, I plan a lot. I even make a small silent plan to plan. Most things that I do have been decided long before. Right now I'm living a general plan that I made 3 moths ago (if I do things in that order, I will have the highest chance of avoiding a nervous breakdown and finishing all in time.) I have planned my studies over and over again.

    - I'm waaay too expressive and interactive to be an ISTj. I know 3 ISTjs and I think I'm pretty damn expressive compared to them. When I talk with an ISTj and we're not arguing about something, then it's like: me, " blablabla blalbla blabla " and they say, "yeah " It this goes on through the whole conversation. We even laugh totally differently. And I have tons of facial expressions and I'm not afraid of showing them. They are like, ummm, REALLY shy! :wink:

    But if you can explain it in any adequate way, I'll look into it again.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

    Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

    Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

  33. #33
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,626
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yep, ISFj.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  34. #34
    Cone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,717
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Now you guys are typing everybody as ISFj...

    But I do agree that she's not ENTj or INTj.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

  35. #35
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    + yeah, I get overly obsessive about details, when I have the chance.
    + yeah, I plan a lot. I even make a small silent plan to plan. Most things that I do have been decided long before. Right now I'm living a general plan that I made 3 moths ago (if I do things in that order, I will have the highest chance of avoiding a nervous breakdown and finishing all in time.) I have planned my studies over and over again.

    - I'm waaay too expressive and interactive to be an ISTj. I know 3 ISTjs and I think I'm pretty damn expressive compared to them. When I talk with an ISTj and we're not arguing about something, then it's like: me, " blablabla blalbla blabla " and they say, "yeah " It this goes on through the whole conversation. We even laugh totally differently. And I have tons of facial expressions and I'm not afraid of showing them. They are like, ummm, REALLY shy! :wink:
    .
    Kristiina, based just on the above, I'd have said ISFj, too.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  36. #36
    Kristiina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Estonia, Tartu
    Posts
    4,021
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nooooo....

    FDG, your evil plan is working! They're buying it.
    Don't trust FDG, he's lying!
    :wink:
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

    Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

    Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

  37. #37
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,626
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ISFjs think that everyone is lying.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  38. #38

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    237
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Have you checked out her test results:

    And these are rather typical numbers:
    Introverted (I) 62.5% Extroverted (E) 37.5%
    Sensing (S) 54.17% Intuitive (N) 45.83%
    Thinking (T) 83.33% Feeling (F) 16.67%
    Judging (J) 54.17% Perceiving (P) 45.83%
    There is NO WAY she is an F IF she accurately took that test. That T score is skyrocketting high.
    ENTj - intuitive subtype - 8w9, sp/sx

  39. #39
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,626
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eidos
    IF she accurately took that test
    Pretty strong assumption.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  40. #40

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    237
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by Eidos
    IF she accurately took that test
    Pretty strong assumption.
    80% something... Come on.

    Sorry, I trust test results more than people's interpretations of descriptions.
    ENTj - intuitive subtype - 8w9, sp/sx

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •