Results 1 to 32 of 32

Thread: Plus/Minus by Victor "El Diablo" Gulenko

  1. #1
    xerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,472
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Plus/Minus by Victor "El Diablo" Gulenko

    Remember. These are +/- descriptions. They're not descriptions of the full functions, which are much, much more complex. They only describe how one Reinin dichotomy (process/result) alters the function -- one out of a possible fifteen. That's right! Just one stinking dichotomy. So don't complain that they're simplistic descriptions of your personality, because they're not meant to convey very much about you anyway.


    ALPHA

    -Fe = minimization or avoidance of negative emotions, prevention of quarrels, scandals, and other situations causing emotional instability, which is valued as more important than the creation of positive emotional effect.

    -Ti = global structural logic. Systematic analysis is the instrument that they use in understanding the world. They are primarily interested in the universal laws which govern its workings. To that end, all traditions, conventions and restrictions are discarded. Everything is subjected to analysis, redefinition, and analogies. Their main pursuit is the creation of a comprehensive, breathtaking, and singular picture of the world. The idea of unity, reasonableness and fairness in all things permeates their vision completely.

    +Si = positive feelings of comfort. They cannot effectively realize their potential if their lifestyle is full of hardships. Their style of activity is characterized by relaxation, freedom, and the availability of amenities. Relations with the external environment, where their activities unfold, must be friendly and pleasant. Their groups are always comfortable, relaxed as if at home, and never rough or eccentric.

    +Ne = promising ideas. In this quadra, which can be attributed the element of 'air', there is frequent talk of the future, the unexplored and unknown possibilities. They may seem to be incorrigible dreamers. And this is so: they look out further than anyone, beyond the horizon, put forward "crazy" theories, and discuss them with pleasure. Some of these theories, however, are destined to lead long lives, so long that they will outlast their creators.


    BETA

    +Fe = maximization of positive emotions. Even small doses are enjoyed. Against the backdrop of the dramatic, turbulent emotions that always accompany this quadra, every small occurrence deserving a positive response is seen as an occasion for joy and uplifts their spirits.

    +Ti = organizational logic. They have a developed sense of duty, citizenship, and loyalty to the elected project. It is therefore the most disciplined and organized quadra that knows how to quickly rally its forces in the event of imminent danger or emergency situations.

    -Se = minimization of weaknesses, i.e. steadfastness in the struggle against deprivation and resistance against the enemy. In this quadra, the force of will is an indispensable condition for effective operation. Persistence, determination, endurance, and firmness are always the supreme authority.

    -Ni = desire to bypass danger. They aim to avoid previously committed mistakes. In their groups, experience, skill, know-how, and sophistication are highly valued. They feel confident in extreme situations.


    GAMMA

    -Fi = minimization of negative relationships. This element is critical of evil. They desire to get away from bad people and poor relationships, and to protect themselves from enemies and adversaries. They want to minimize negative experiences, because as we know from psychoanalysis, all extruded problems are liable to generate an emotional reaction one way or another, with a physical cost for the purification of the subconscious.

    -Te = business logic of risk and entrepreneurship. For them it is characteristic to reject that which is useless, insignificant, mundane. This aspect is valued as more important than accumulation and rational consumption. Gammas successfully operate in environments of economic scarcity, where in order to survive it is necessary to use something that may appear useless at first glance, but which is present in abundance.

    +Se = durability and resistance. This quadra is well capable of defending itself and its position. For them power is not easy to acquire, as to do so they must resist the volitional Beta quadra. However, once it is seized, they can hold on to it despite all attempts at restoration. Protectiveness, the ability to defend themselves against all force, the ability to retain that which was acquired - these are the principles that they respect. From these values ​​naturally emerges the social mission of Gamma -- purification, which is to be understood in both the literal and the figurative sense of the word. They are restorers of distorted principles, doing everything the can to remove barriers and obstacles which limit rapid advancement. This quadra can be called the quadra of criticism and reform. In contrast to the 'fire' Beta quadra, which is oriented primarily politically, this quadra is oriented more socially.

    +Ni = constraining their hot temper, these sociotypes prefer to advance gradually into the future, though they may sharply reject obsolete ideas, criticizing past mistakes. Advancing step by step, they generally believe in the linearity of development, i.e. according to their deep convictions, it is only necessary to remove obstacles, remnants of the past, and immediately this will open endless possibilities for growth. This quadra is not afraid of chaos and upheavals: they know how to conduct their work under conditions of change, risk and confusion.


    DELTA

    +Fi = positive, warm relationships. Psychological factors play a vital role for them. Without recognition of ethical values such as individuality and the uniqueness of others, religion and spirituality, non-interference in others lives, concrete humanism, etc., the stability they strongly desire is hardly possible.

    +Te = logic of use and rational management of resources. This is the most cost-conscious quadra, that consumes rationally and prefers high-quality, long-lasting products. Risk, rushed jobs, economic chaos and manipulation are not characteristic of this quadra. The society of quality consumption should be stable.

    -Si = minimization of discomfort. They value good working conditions and are reluctant to change their routines. This element excludes harmful influences from external environment. This quadra cannot work in a rush. They highly value convenience, comfort at their workplace, and good coordination at work.

    -Ne = the unusual, alternative and bizarre. Despite its groundedness, this quadra respects unusual and talented people who offer creative alternative possibilities. The spread of new information is not impeded, no matter how avant-garde it may be. In Delta groups, there occur periodic flashes of sensationalism and spikes of interest centered around original people who put forward alternative ideas of development.

    The full article goes into a bit more detail about each of the quadras.


    Link: http://socioniko.net/ru/articles/quadra-soc-psy.html
    Last edited by xerx; 07-11-2015 at 04:33 PM. Reason: updated version
    It was in the reign of George III that the aforesaid personages lived and quarrelled; good or bad, handsome or ugly, rich or poor, they are all equal now.

  2. #2
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Great find.

    The +/- values of contrary functions (e.g. Te in alpha, Ni in delta, etc.) that are sometimes mentioned are missing from this account. Arguably, these are the most interesting part of +/- theory, because it is the only part of the theory that is not redudant. The way things are defined in this account, there is no real need or reason to distinguish "Ti+" from "Beta ST", for example.

  3. #3
    xerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,472
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    Great find.

    The +/- values of contrary functions (e.g. Te in alpha, Ni in delta, etc.) that are sometimes mentioned are missing from this account. Arguably, these are the most interesting part of +/- theory, because it is the only part of the theory that is not redudant. The way things are defined in this account, there is no real need or reason to distinguish "Ti+" from "Beta ST", for example.
    From the OP, I'm sure I personally value -Ni. Not so much +Ni.
    Last edited by xerx; 11-23-2009 at 04:59 PM.
    It was in the reign of George III that the aforesaid personages lived and quarrelled; good or bad, handsome or ugly, rich or poor, they are all equal now.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    Great find.

    The +/- values of contrary functions (e.g. Te in alpha, Ni in delta, etc.) that are sometimes mentioned are missing from this account. Arguably, these are the most interesting part of +/- theory, because it is the only part of the theory that is not redudant. The way things are defined in this account, there is no real need or reason to distinguish \"Ti+\" from \"Beta ST\", for example.
    Indeed. Would be great if we had Boukalov\'s type papers, because I\'m sure his are superior. He apparently has so much confidence in them that he doesn\'t release them online. You have to subscribe to the journal to get them.

    labcoat, you don\'t think you could manage to get a subscription to the Ukrainian Register from where you are, do you?

  5. #5
    xerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,472
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    Indeed. Would be great if we had Boukalov\'s type papers, because I\'m sure his are superior. He apparently has so much confidence in them that he doesn\'t release them online. You have to subscribe to the journal to get them.

    labcoat, you don\'t think you could manage to get a subscription to the Ukrainian Register from where you are, do you?
    Wouldn't that mean he doesn't have confidence in them?
    It was in the reign of George III that the aforesaid personages lived and quarrelled; good or bad, handsome or ugly, rich or poor, they are all equal now.

  6. #6
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
    Indeed. Would be great if we had Boukalov\'s type papers, because I\'m sure his are superior. He apparently has so much confidence in them that he doesn\'t release them online. You have to subscribe to the journal to get them.

    labcoat, you don\'t think you could manage to get a subscription to the Ukrainian Register from where you are, do you?
    I get the impression from the way you generally behave that the description of -Fe in this thread ("Avoidance of quarrels, scandals and emotional instability.") doesn't apply well to you. Is this correct? Actually, don't even answer the question. You've proven that it doesn't plenty of times on this forum.

    I don't know very well how to find out about the subscription. Or what the great incentive is for me to make the effort, for that matter. Expect me to lose interest if the search involves paging through any machine translated east Europian articles.

  7. #7
    crazedrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    moon
    Posts
    4,885
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    good descriptions.. very clear.
    -Fe = minimization/avoidance of negative emotions. Avoidance of quarrels, scandals and emotional instability. This is acknowledged as more important than the release of positive emotions.
    This element has been a nightmare to live with. always in denial
    INTp

  8. #8
    xerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,472
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    -Ne = the unusual, alternative and bizarre. Despite its groundedness, this quadra respects unusual and talented people offering alternative possibilities. The spread of new information is not impeded, no matter how avant-garde it is. In a delta society, there occurs periodic flashes of interest in people that preach alternative ideas of development.
    ^ I think this passage is particularly relevant to Smilex's type.
    It was in the reign of George III that the aforesaid personages lived and quarrelled; good or bad, handsome or ugly, rich or poor, they are all equal now.

  9. #9
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    Wouldn't that mean he doesn't have confidence in them?
    If Boukalov is ILE then he has no confidence in them or wants to avoid conflict.

  10. #10
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    From the OP, I'm sure I personally value -Ni. Not so much +Ni.
    Quote Originally Posted by +Ni
    +Ni = constraining any [[hot temper]], they prefer to advance gradually into the future, though sharply rejecting obsolete ideas and criticizing past mistakes. Advancing step by step, they generally believe in the linearity of development, i.e. according to their ideas. It is only necessary to remove hindering obstacles - past remnants - and endless possibilities will immediately be opened. This quadra is not afraid of chaos and upheavals: they know how to do business under conditions of risk, confusion and spontaneity.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ni
    -Ni = minimization/avoidance of danger. Try to avoid previously committed mistakes. They value experience, skill and sophistication in their midst. Feelings of confidence in extreme situations.
    To me it looks as if these descriptions aren't really that differentiated.

  11. #11
    xerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,472
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    To me it looks as if these descriptions aren't really that differentiated.
    yes but ...

    Quote Originally Posted by +Ni
    +Ni = constraining any [[hot temper]], they prefer to advance gradually into the future, though sharply rejecting obsolete ideas and criticizing past mistakes. Advancing step by step, they generally believe in the linearity of development, i.e. according to their ideas. It is only necessary to remove hindering obstacles - past remnants - and endless possibilities will immediately be opened. This quadra is not afraid of chaos and upheavals: they know how to do business under conditions of risk, confusion and spontaneity.
    I prefer breakthroughs rather than linear refinement.
    It was in the reign of George III that the aforesaid personages lived and quarrelled; good or bad, handsome or ugly, rich or poor, they are all equal now.

  12. #12
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    yes but ...

    I prefer breakthroughs rather than linear refinement.
    Linear refinement leads to accidental breakthroughs. I think it's more a myth that Alpha quadra is more into breakthroughs, rather to me Alpha are open-minded combiners and innovators that integrate universals.

    See -Ti.

    -Ti = global structural logic. They are primarily interested in the universal laws that govern the world. To that end, traditions, conventions and all restrictions are discarded. Everything is exposed to comparison, analysis and redefinition (/analogy?). Their main purpose is the creation of a comprehensive, breathtaking, compact and singular picture of the world. The idea of integrity, reasonableness and the fairness of all things permeates their vision completely.

    Structural redefinition is also a breakthrough.

  13. #13
    xerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,472
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    Linear refinement leads to accidental breakthroughs. I think it's more a myth that Alpha quadra is more into breakthroughs, rather to me Alpha are open-minded combiners and innovators that integrate universals.
    Nobody's going to turn down a breakthrough if it's clearly beneficial, regardless of quadra. They might disagree that it is beneficial.

    +Ni linear development is about gradual refinement of ideas. "Advancing step by step." IEIs and ILEs don't care about being that meticulous, even if they're smart enough to recognize the breakthrough potential in a line of painstaking refinement.

    Structural redefinition is also a breakthrough.
    I agree.
    It was in the reign of George III that the aforesaid personages lived and quarrelled; good or bad, handsome or ugly, rich or poor, they are all equal now.

  14. #14
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    +Ni linear development is about gradual refinement of ideas. "Advancing step by step." IEIs and ILEs don't care about being that meticulous, even if they're smart enough to recognize the breakthrough potential in a line of painstaking refinement.
    I disagree about ILE's and IEI's, both are intuitive and in that less perhaps seemingly less painstaking then logical and/or sensing types. However there is a difference between these two types and how they function.

    Both are positivist types.

    But IEI are result types while ILE are process types which is somewhat what the +/- dichotomy is about. ILE are definitely interested in the actual mechanism of the stages of the process by which a development is made, they might not actually partake in the actual research. Primarily a ILE will gather this information via in their 8th function. They look for causal systems and structures, and althrough there is no emphasis on actual change of existing structures and systems, the proposal is a breakthrough for design.

    In a sense, ILE wish to provide a basis for design and promote change by others, which Beta takes and actually makes the breakthrough in the social infrastructure.

    A IEI is more like a Ray Kurzweil who predicts a technological singularity or even someone that is interested in 2012 or armageddon(because this is also a breakthrough).

  15. #15
    xerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,472
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    I disagree about ILE's and IEI's, both are intuitive and in that less perhaps seemingly less painstaking then logical and/or sensing types. However there is a difference between these two types and how they function.

    Both are positivist types.

    But IEI are result types while ILE are process types which is somewhat what the +/- dichotomy is about. ILE are definitely interested in the actual mechanism of the stages of the process by which a development is made, they might not actually partake in the actual research. Primarily a ILE will gather this information via in their 8th function. They look for causal systems and structures, and althrough there is no emphasis on actual change of existing structures and systems, the proposal is a breakthrough for design.

    In a sense, ILE wish to provide a basis for design and promote change by others, which Beta takes and actually makes the breakthrough in the social infrastructure.

    A IEI is more like a Ray Kurzweil who predicts a technological singularity or even someone that is interested in 2012 or armageddon(because this is also a breakthrough).
    Yes that's all true, but I'm talking about meticulousness to the progression of an idea as it moves through gradual hoops of refinement.

    +Ne is painstakingly meticulous to the physical and structural details of what it's processing (it collects all possible information it can) but is also constantly monitoring for breakthroughs and other revolutionary developments.

    +Ni will be much less aware of these opportunities in favor of whatever reliable procedures it has created. A revolutionary insight might be seen as a waste of time or resources, especially if the structure they've built has been effective so far. Gammas aren't stereotyped as reactionaries for nothing.
    It was in the reign of George III that the aforesaid personages lived and quarrelled; good or bad, handsome or ugly, rich or poor, they are all equal now.

  16. #16
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    Yes that's all true, but I'm talking about meticulousness to the progression of an idea as it moves through gradual hoops of refinement.

    +Ne is painstakingly meticulous to the physical and structural details of what it's processing (it collects all possible information it can) but is also constantly monitoring for breakthroughs and other revolutionary developments.

    +Ni will be much less aware of these opportunities in favor of whatever reliable procedures it has created. A revolutionary insight might be seen as a waste of time or resources, especially if the structure they've built has been effective so far. Gammas aren't stereotyped as reactionaries for nothing.
    I think a gamma idea would be something like Gould's punctuated equilibrium. Relative stability followed by branching. I think the thing about +/- is that Alpha has both +Ne and +Ni as does Gamma, but expressed differently in ego/super-id vs id/super-ego functions.

    As far as +/- functions this deals with: One notation is

    Beta/Delta = Rational function + Irrational function -
    Alpha/Gamma = Irrational function + rational function -

  17. #17
    Nothing in the cage of my ribcage
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,704
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I value -Ti, +-Ne, +Fi even though I'm not in either of those quadras.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Stromberg
    Let's stop using this outdated measure - which has about as much scientific validity as your astrological sign.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Laws are only half the picture. Categories are another.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Regarding alpha Ti: laws are only half the picture; categories are another. One uses categorizes to sort objects according to the laws they obey.

  20. #20
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    ^ I think this passage is particularly relevant to Smilex's type.
    In which way?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  21. #21
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    edit: nevermind...
    Last edited by Park; 11-27-2009 at 12:22 AM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  22. #22
    xerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,472
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    I think a gamma idea would be something like Gould's punctuated equilibrium. Relative stability followed by branching. I think the thing about +/- is that Alpha has both +Ne and +Ni as does Gamma, but expressed differently in ego/super-id vs id/super-ego functions.

    As far as +/- functions this deals with: One notation is

    Beta/Delta = Rational function + Irrational function -
    Alpha/Gamma = Irrational function + rational function -
    If +Ni is expressed in the id function then it is clearly unvalued. I have no qualms with that statement, as it would support what I said earlier about valuing -Ni over +Ni.

    Gulenko who designed this system, believes that +Ne and -Ni are expressed together as a single function. -Ne and +Ni, etc. +Ne and +Ni would never support each other and would be anti-complimentary.

    He also believes that the 7th function is as much of a PoLR as the 4th, in that the person almost completely ignores input from it. If +Ni is in the ILEs id, then an ILE would have little use for it.
    It was in the reign of George III that the aforesaid personages lived and quarrelled; good or bad, handsome or ugly, rich or poor, they are all equal now.

  23. #23
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I really don't like anything Gulenko says, at all. I don't like his bullshit theories and I don't like his erotic attitudes, and I just don't like his ideas much at all.

  24. #24

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    547
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    He's also a female-to-male transsexual, apparently.

  25. #25
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    If +Ni is expressed in the id function then it is clearly unvalued. I have no qualms with that statement, as it would support what I said earlier about valuing -Ni over +Ni.

    Gulenko who designed this system, believes that +Ne and -Ni are expressed together as a single function. -Ne and +Ni, etc. +Ne and +Ni would never support each other and would be anti-complimentary.

    He also believes that the 7th function is as much of a PoLR as the 4th, in that the person almost completely ignores input from it. If +Ni is in the ILEs id, then an ILE would have little use for it.
    I don't know a lot about +/- nor the notations and how it is derived too well. I could be wrong about the +Ni. I think the notation I have seen is based on function blocking. T with N, S with F etc... Whether or not it's switched for unvalued functions I'm not sure. Is there a article about how the notation is derived for the functions?

    I don't disagree with having -Ni either, it's just in this particular case these two descriptions fit me somewhat.

    As a whole I accept that real development is both linear progression followed by breakthroughs, but I definitely want to be involved in breakthroughs myself.

  26. #26

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    547
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Could somebody who understands this explain in their own words how does "+Ni" differ from "-Ni"? ..tcaud?

    Found this article: http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...function_signs

    Quote Originally Posted by Filatova
    Intuitive introtim: Esenin (lyricist) TE Balzac (critic) TP

    Esenin manages to long endure troubles left over from his past, he was capable of foreseeing the foreboding of large dangers, global cataclysms, synthesizing the obscure presentiments soaring in the air. The sign of function is therefore minus.

    Balzac - a meticulous and scrupulous pedant; on the basis of close observation of the behavior of people and the flow of events he is capable of forecasting the development of a situation. He is the supporter of sequential change; his intuition is thus inclined towards analysis rather than synthesis, and its sign is correspondingly plus.
    Last edited by xkj220; 12-02-2009 at 03:35 AM.

  27. #27
    whecto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Plus and minus functions in this article are not very clear; It would be nice if someone shares an article with the detailed plus and minus functions.


    Personally, I agree that, for example, -Ne and +Ni functions sustain each other as a single function and +Ni and -Ni are opposites. This makes more sense to the entire system. In this way, in a supervision relation positive communication isn't just from the 2nd function of the supervisor to the 1st function of the supervisee. Actually, The supervisee would prefer the first function of the supervisor because this function is the same as the 8th function of his dual.
    With this said, I think it is possible to divide valuing functions like this:


    Valued functions: These are all the functions having the appropriate plus or minus signs as the dual and the identity. For example, an ILE would value (+Ne;-Ni), (-Ti;+Te), (+Si;-Se), (-Fe;+Fi)
    Unvalued functions: These functions are all the functions with the opposite sign; In ILE's case it would be: (-Ne;+Ni), (+Ti;-Te), (-Si;+Se), (+Fe;-Fi)

    Of course, this is just a theory I thought about but I would like to know what do you people think of this.

  28. #28
    silke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Posts
    3,798
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whecto View Post
    Plus and minus functions in this article are not very clear; It would be nice if someone shares an article with the detailed plus and minus functions.
    There is ongoing debate in russian socionics community on how these signs should be assigned, and once assigned how to interpret them. In Gulenko's model +/- assignment follows quadra values. All types within the same quadra are attributed the same signs (link). In School of System Socionics model, dual types are assigned opposite +/- signs i.e. if SLI has +Te as creative function, then IEE is attributed -Te as corresponding activating function (pic, article). They've claimed that Gulenko's original model doesn't match their observations of the types, and that it makes more sense for dual types should have opposite signs (opposite signs attract, same signs repel). Which one of these ways of attributing +/- is more accurate is still an open topic for discussion.

  29. #29
    Tigerfadder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    927
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Here is an update from this article which was original made in the 1991. IEI in beta got Ni+.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1tD...K9kNkQ&index=1

  30. #30
    Poster Nutbag The Exception's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    my own personal bubble
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    4,108
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat View Post
    good descriptions.. very clear.
    -Fe = minimization/avoidance of negative emotions. Avoidance of quarrels, scandals and emotional instability. This is acknowledged as more important than the release of positive emotions.
    This element has been a nightmare to live with. always in denial
    As someone who strongly prefers -Fe, I cannot say I'm denial. I recognize negative emotions both in myself and others. Sometimes they are necessary. I just prefer to minimize it if possible.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP



  31. #31
    Word Definition Warrior – WDW Troll Nr 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    dispersed into the cosmos
    TIM
    H-ILE-Ne 7w6-2w1-1w9
    Posts
    1,971
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This is diffrent what Gulenko uses in Model g related stuff.

    ILE and SEI would be -Fe- and ESE and LII -Fe+. Left and right makes difference here.

    -Fe- means avoiding direct quarrels but regardless plays with drama elements.
    Enneagram 3 blindspot. Visual deficits in 4, 8. Triple instinctual blindspot.

    Highly immature Discord channel
    because enneagram is just too simple and therefore we need to develop a new classification system called Rhombic triacontahedron with life module containing eukaryotes, prokaryotes and virus.

  32. #32

    Join Date
    May 2017
    TIM
    LIE
    Posts
    329
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    Remember. These are +/- descriptions. They're not descriptions of the full functions, which are much, much more complex. They only describe how one Reinin dichotomy (process/result) alters the function -- one out of a possible fifteen. That's right! Just one stinking dichotomy. So don't complain that they're simplistic descriptions of your personality, because they're not meant to convey very much about you anyway.


    ALPHA

    -Fe = minimization or avoidance of negative emotions, prevention of quarrels, scandals, and other situations causing emotional instability, which is valued as more important than the creation of positive emotional effect.

    -Ti = global structural logic. Systematic analysis is the instrument that they use in understanding the world. They are primarily interested in the universal laws which govern its workings. To that end, all traditions, conventions and restrictions are discarded. Everything is subjected to analysis, redefinition, and analogies. Their main pursuit is the creation of a comprehensive, breathtaking, and singular picture of the world. The idea of unity, reasonableness and fairness in all things permeates their vision completely.

    +Si = positive feelings of comfort. They cannot effectively realize their potential if their lifestyle is full of hardships. Their style of activity is characterized by relaxation, freedom, and the availability of amenities. Relations with the external environment, where their activities unfold, must be friendly and pleasant. Their groups are always comfortable, relaxed as if at home, and never rough or eccentric.

    +Ne = promising ideas. In this quadra, which can be attributed the element of 'air', there is frequent talk of the future, the unexplored and unknown possibilities. They may seem to be incorrigible dreamers. And this is so: they look out further than anyone, beyond the horizon, put forward "crazy" theories, and discuss them with pleasure. Some of these theories, however, are destined to lead long lives, so long that they will outlast their creators.


    BETA

    +Fe = maximization of positive emotions. Even small doses are enjoyed. Against the backdrop of the dramatic, turbulent emotions that always accompany this quadra, every small occurrence deserving a positive response is seen as an occasion for joy and uplifts their spirits.

    +Ti = organizational logic. They have a developed sense of duty, citizenship, and loyalty to the elected project. It is therefore the most disciplined and organized quadra that knows how to quickly rally its forces in the event of imminent danger or emergency situations.

    -Se = minimization of weaknesses, i.e. steadfastness in the struggle against deprivation and resistance against the enemy. In this quadra, the force of will is an indispensable condition for effective operation. Persistence, determination, endurance, and firmness are always the supreme authority.

    -Ni = desire to bypass danger. They aim to avoid previously committed mistakes. In their groups, experience, skill, know-how, and sophistication are highly valued. They feel confident in extreme situations.


    GAMMA

    -Fi = minimization of negative relationships. This element is critical of evil. They desire to get away from bad people and poor relationships, and to protect themselves from enemies and adversaries. They want to minimize negative experiences, because as we know from psychoanalysis, all extruded problems are liable to generate an emotional reaction one way or another, with a physical cost for the purification of the subconscious.

    -Te = business logic of risk and entrepreneurship. For them it is characteristic to reject that which is useless, insignificant, mundane. This aspect is valued as more important than accumulation and rational consumption. Gammas successfully operate in environments of economic scarcity, where in order to survive it is necessary to use something that may appear useless at first glance, but which is present in abundance.

    +Se = durability and resistance. This quadra is well capable of defending itself and its position. For them power is not easy to acquire, as to do so they must resist the volitional Beta quadra. However, once it is seized, they can hold on to it despite all attempts at restoration. Protectiveness, the ability to defend themselves against all force, the ability to retain that which was acquired - these are the principles that they respect. From these values ​​naturally emerges the social mission of Gamma -- purification, which is to be understood in both the literal and the figurative sense of the word. They are restorers of distorted principles, doing everything the can to remove barriers and obstacles which limit rapid advancement. This quadra can be called the quadra of criticism and reform. In contrast to the 'fire' Beta quadra, which is oriented primarily politically, this quadra is oriented more socially.

    +Ni = constraining their hot temper, these sociotypes prefer to advance gradually into the future, though they may sharply reject obsolete ideas, criticizing past mistakes. Advancing step by step, they generally believe in the linearity of development, i.e. according to their deep convictions, it is only necessary to remove obstacles, remnants of the past, and immediately this will open endless possibilities for growth. This quadra is not afraid of chaos and upheavals: they know how to conduct their work under conditions of change, risk and confusion.


    DELTA

    +Fi = positive, warm relationships. Psychological factors play a vital role for them. Without recognition of ethical values such as individuality and the uniqueness of others, religion and spirituality, non-interference in others lives, concrete humanism, etc., the stability they strongly desire is hardly possible.

    +Te = logic of use and rational management of resources. This is the most cost-conscious quadra, that consumes rationally and prefers high-quality, long-lasting products. Risk, rushed jobs, economic chaos and manipulation are not characteristic of this quadra. The society of quality consumption should be stable.

    -Si = minimization of discomfort. They value good working conditions and are reluctant to change their routines. This element excludes harmful influences from external environment. This quadra cannot work in a rush. They highly value convenience, comfort at their workplace, and good coordination at work.

    -Ne = the unusual, alternative and bizarre. Despite its groundedness, this quadra respects unusual and talented people who offer creative alternative possibilities. The spread of new information is not impeded, no matter how avant-garde it may be. In Delta groups, there occur periodic flashes of sensationalism and spikes of interest centered around original people who put forward alternative ideas of development.

    The full article goes into a bit more detail about each of the quadras.


    Link: http://socioniko.net/ru/articles/quadra-soc-psy.html
    These definitions are surprisingly good. Too bad he later modified them and made them much more sucky. However, some are a bit off, like -Fe. There's a reason ESE is called "the enthusiast".

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •