Page 146 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147 LastLast
Results 5,801 to 5,840 of 5860

Thread: Delta Lounge

Mentioned
    411 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scarper View Post
    She's married with children, so it's not really a concern for her.
    She may to have dual friends of own sex, what is significant resource.

> As for examples, that's when it gets complicated, her boss is ILI, and it's not always been plain sailing between them. It's difficult to explain a theory with an obvious contradiction

There is a possibility they are not duals. Notice about doubts in a type, about non-types factors (for ex, relations with boss are special) or don't tell at all. It's important to get the initial interest, then with better understanding she'll deal better with some contradictions.

> Not very often will an SEE be into something so theoretical without absolutely obvious applications.

Describe her own traits, of other people with more examples. Find and describe her relations which fit to the IR theory. This convinced me in the past.

> Better for her I 'find a wife' using her own functions of deciding what she thinks is good for me

Excellently. Let her. Just notice, that the type is _one of important factors too_. You'll take it into account, so it's better for her to understand better what you want. Show her your dual girls (my bloggers, for ex). This may motivate her to study the subject to help you.

> I've seen LIIs who are married appearing normal, LII single men being really weird.

All people need to be in a pair, it's out natural need. People without this feel emotionally worse and this makes them harder to deal with.

> not everyone is going to listen to a persons negative traits being rhymed off as an example to some theory

No one ever liked to be criticized. But it's common part of reasonable thinking and changes. We have to understand good and bad sides of anything to use it. And if you want to improve something - you need to point on problems in it. The real "political correctness" is to care about people, even when they don't like it now but will like the consequences. Medicine or studing are good examples, - people don't like the process, but like the results.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

HEy @Sol what do you type Joel and Antonia at personalityhacker?

Mentioned
    411 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    Joel and Antonia at personalityhacker
    Hey
    Joel Mark Witt - mb ENTP
    Antonia Dodge - seems F-E

Mentioned
    411 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My cousin sister have come to home town from Spain. With her "unoffical husband". Besides his real name, when he's not near, we call him Don Pedro. It's general name for all her spanish dudes. Who knows Russian, understands the humour.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The experience of a supposedly close ESI work colleague, when you've been assisting them with so much work related knowledge, and giving an ear to their gripes, decides for short sightedness to pass something over to your boss which goes as a potential negative against your performance. Makes you wonder about Se creative with Fi, is it anger of shortsightedness, or a feeling of temporary self righteousness. I think it's ethics or right or wrong constrained in a small box, without then being able to add other values at the same time, except maybe for temporary 'power'. For a short while I consider the impacts of relations and it's impact on me - perhaps i've been wrong all along in my approach.

But still, it is work, and professionalism is the goal, not vengeance or so forth, as in tit for tat.

Why not be like the IEE who's playful, or the EII who appreciates relaxation and returns support with kindness. No dramas instigated.

Just makes you wonder about the variables of people - I don't think quadra is incorrect.

Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Hey
    Joel Mark Witt - mb ENTP
    Antonia Dodge - seems F-E
    what makes you say ENTP for Joel and F for Antonia? They type self type ENFP for Joel and ENTP for Antonia. They have a lot of vids on youtube, if you want to point out some examples of clues. I have to say, I've always liked their videos and some of their early stuff is what got me interested in MBTI and then I read Jung which lead me to socionics. Antonia seems really nice but shes always rubbed me the wrong way, I feel like its type related. I've always liked Joel a lot as a person but whenever I see his aesthetic I cringe a little. On the whole I think they're really cool, but theres some interesting type related stuff going on with them. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Antonia is a feeler, she seems to put a lot of weight on "thinking logically" but in the way I associate with Ti suggestive

Mentioned
    411 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

what makes you say ENTP for Joel and F for Antonia?
    same like always : impressions. they are not sure here, except Antonia is not ENTP

> I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Antonia is a feeler, she seems to put a lot of weight on "thinking logically" but in the way I associate with Ti suggestive

F types like to be logical where they can

Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yeah its all about being logical

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EII friend, her favorite Christmas song, it's pretty cool

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey everyone!

I went off the radar for awhile, it's been a really busy year. On top of the new job, we've had some exciting news! We haven't quite shared it on Facebook yet, but pretty much most of our friends and family know now.

We're expecting our first baby mid June!

Tomorrow marks the end of our first trimester. I'm hopeful the nausea and headaches disappear soon with it, as it's been much more challenging than I imagined. We should be able to find out the gender some time mid to late January.

We're very excited. My husband has been so awesome. He's been cleaning the house every weekend, and even folded and organized a bunch of laundry I had sitting down stairs for awhile. Ohhhh, SLI
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Omgomgomg!!! Congrats!!!
    You two are going to be awesome parents!

Squeeze!!
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yesterday I had an absolute blast, which was very much needed. R's friend invited us to join him as he took his hawk out hunting. Having just had a hawk kill and eat one of my chickens, I was very curious about them, how they hunt, when they hunt, etc, so I was eager to go. The hawk was small, just 1 year old, and very pretty, and surprisingly gentle and calm...despite being hungry and really wanting to be released to fly. He was also a little on the weak side, as the falconer hadn't had a chance to take it out for a couple of weeks (broken bone in the foot). The falconer had two dogs that would go into the brambles to sniff out rabbits and try to get a rabbit to run out of the brambles. Turns out the dogs do it for the joy of doing it, not for a reward at the end. Despite three times of rabbits being flushed, the hawk missed once, and didn't notice the other two. He's young and still has to learn where the best vantage point is, etc. Apparently the first year of a hawk's life might kill it if it doesn't learn fast enough where to sit on a tree, etc. And if a hawk was born in captivity, it'll always need to be cared for and shouldn't be released. A hawk in the wild, if it makes it past it's first year, might live 3-5 years, but can live up to 30 years if cared for. I also learned that hawks, once let to fly, always has the choice of leaving the falconer, but if the falconer is good, and nearly guarantees the hawk will find food, then the hawk will stick around and return to the falconer's care. So at the end of the unsuccessful hunt, the falconer tied some meat to a lure so the hawk could have a chance to feel success (and eat).

Anyways, I asked tons of questions, and the guy was willing to go into as much detail about them and their behavior as I was willing to ask, and then some. He's offered to take us hunting again to a place he knows has rabbits (this was a new place we were at), and will ask another falconer if we can join him on a duck hunt with one of his hawks, and we'll schedule a time when I can see how they are cared for at home, etc.

This might seem kind of morbid to some, but hawks have to eat too! I would just prefer that it not be MY chickens!!
    And I love new learning opportunities!! <3
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@anndelise - very cool! I've always wondered what kept the hawk from flying off and never returning. That's actually a really beautiful thing. Makes me think of my dog. I've always let him run off the leash while at the lake, or to potty outside when I don't want to go step in the snow before bed. He always comes right back, and will even get up and follow me whenever I stand and walk to a different room.

Cool to hear about loyalty in hawks. Are they expensive?

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by applejacks View Post
    @anndelise - very cool! I've always wondered what kept the hawk from flying off and never returning. That's actually a really beautiful thing. Makes me think of my dog. I've always let him run off the leash while at the lake, or to potty outside when I don't want to go step in the snow before bed. He always comes right back, and will even get up and follow me whenever I stand and walk to a different room.

Cool to hear about loyalty in hawks. Are they expensive?
    Not so much about loyalty as it is about reciprocity...or convenience. The falconer is basically a large walking refrigerator of meat, and has to learn-and-walk a fine balance between keeping the bird hungry enough to fly and hunt (necessary for upkeep of muscles and skills), vs satisfied enough to know that the falconer represents a guaranteed meal.

Nothing like a dog, perhaps more like a cat..only even more independent.

Cost depends on the type of predator bird one gets, and how rare or difficult they are to catch and/or breed.
    For example, the costs of some of the more rare he mentioned $13,000, while for a common kestrel was about $400-$700.
    I don't know how much the upkeep of being a falconer is yet, not even a ballpark figure.
    (Normally I would be looking this stuff up to learn as much as I can as quickly as I can, but I've been in the middle of a project that's taking a large amount of my mental faculties.)
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stargazing sounds and looks amazing, but I never had the chance to do it. I'm a huge pansy and sleeping in a tent is NOT for me.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Scarper
    One of my fondest memories as a child was when we'd drive out to the desert with a huge telescope and do some star-gazing. Looking into Nebulae (my favorite was the horse-head nebula), seeing a cluster of stars where the naked eye only saw one bright spot, reciting constellations and how to spot them, etc.

I don't have many good memories of childhood, but that's definitely one of them. <3
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Stargazing sounds and looks amazing, but I never had the chance to do it. I'm a huge pansy and sleeping in a tent is NOT for me.
    Sleeping in a tent is not a requirement for stargazing.

If you do some research, you can find a local astronomy club that probably holds public star parties. All the clubs that I have belonged to did this. Many of the club members bring their telescopes out to some fairly dark site and show the public the stars. Things typically start around sunset and last until everyone gets too cold to continue, but some members keep observing until dawn. You can see everything that is up in the sky on that particular night at one of these events, and amateur astronomers are among the nicest people I've ever met. If there is something you want to see, chances are that they will know where it is and will show it to you. If you are considering buying a telescope, the club members will very likely have that particular scope or have some advice regarding it.

It's free, it's fun, and I courted both my ex-wife and a GF at star parties. (It didn't start out as courting.) It is sometimes helpful to be able to talk to someone for hours without being able to see their face, under a sky full of stars.

Some practical matters:
    Lights at these events are not encouraged, since they destroy the eye's dark adaption. If you need to bring a flashlight to navigate from your car, cover it with red translucent plastic. If you get thirsty, hot chocolate is better than coffee, since coffee will accelerate heat loss. Dress warmly, bring a hat, be aware that leather shoes lose heat very fast and rubber soles are better. There are not always bathroom facilities at these parties, so be prepared.

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For any of you star lovers, I highly recommend the Netflix documentary called The Farthest: Voyager in space. Every 176 years, the planets' alignment enables for a satellite to be launched in a way that it can use each planet's gravitational pull to slingshot itself to the next planet. The US accomplished this in the 1970s, and sent a satellite on what is now the farthest journey. It went past Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune, and even what is called beyond the "bubble" of our Sun.

Its an incredible documentary.

Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

hey @Sol what does deideologizirovannaya personality mean?

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello Deltas, it's the season to be jolly. Post your fav Christmas song?

I'm going for this one

Why do I like it? It's funky, cool, describes an SLI outlook for Christmas, spending it alone, been a busy year, but still optimistic about it all (positive) and not nihilistically oppressive about fun and Christmas (ILI), still a glimmer of Ne possibilities there - it all worked out in the end through 'chance' encounter etc.

So ... Go! hehe

Mentioned
    411 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

what does deideologizirovannaya personality mean?
    deideologized personality

TIM
    IEE-NeH 7w6So/sx 729
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone watched Maria Bamford's "Lady Dynamite" on Netflix? I think she and her husband may be a good example of IEE and SLI couple.

Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hey @Sol what type is Kristen Bell?

VxZBCR_Qe0ERyWRfPGuCl0AG7KwQP_Xmx0zi80akqBc.jpg

I like her strong jaw

Mentioned
    411 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

what type is Kristen Bell?
    ENTP

> I like her strong jaw

I like her tits too

Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ENTP nooOOO

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTP nooOOO
    Why don't u like entp. I'm actually entp

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idontgiveaf View Post
    Why don't u like entp.
    My hunch says: He values much and ILE have -PoLR. At least ILE-Ti, ILE-Ne not so much, though.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a week ago i caught 3 or 4 episodes of SG1 on tv during a marathon and thought of you @applejacks (one of them was the first appearance of Carters dad and i keep feeling like i need to go find the episode online where he get's his Tok'ra to have satisfactory closure to it )
    Last edited by bgdjf; 12-22-2017 at 10:25 AM.

Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    My hunch says: He values much and ILE have -PoLR. At least ILE-Ti, ILE-Ne not so much, though.
    yeah it sucks because while even ILEs I really like I feel like I hurt them a lot and it can't really be helped. like talking with them I can't help but gravitate toward aspects they'd rather avoid but its like this big glaring hole in their reasoning and they pride themselves so much on it. so sometimes they get kind of smug and its like they're saying "haha if you ignore this one really conspicuous weak point--I'm right about everything!" but if you don't it starts to show cracks fast but if you do that its like kicking down their sand castle they worked really hard on, and they react and its just an unfortunate time. I often feel bad for ILE because I feel like they really pushed down a lot for reasons that weren't their fault. and now they're scared of this aspect and its like to me the most important aspect so I feel like life robbed them of something

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    It actually doesn't matter i think as long as you can just listen to some ILE jokes xD i think that's enough ;p

Well, some ILE who hates Fi has some real problems i guess. Because they just only see one side of the coin.

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgdjf View Post
    a week ago i caught 3 or 4 episodes of SG1 on tv during a marathon and thought of you @applejacks (one of them was the first appearance of Carters dad and i keep feeling like i need to go find the episode online where he get's his Tok'ra to have satisfactory closure to it )
    I have a feeling I'd like that show! I've just never given it a try

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by applejacks View Post
    I have a feeling I'd like that show! I've just never given it a try
    oh weird. i could swear that you said that you were into stargate when you first come on the forum. now i wonder who it was

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgdjf View Post
    oh weird. i could swear that you said that you were into stargate when you first come on the forum. now i wonder who it was
    Wasn't me! I started watching BSG awhile back, but that's not the same. Not sure who it was, but I appreciate the thought

Mentioned
    411 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

seems to get dual girl is out of my possibilities. at least with the current tendencies. it's too risky to attain this further for long

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    seems to get dual girl is out of my possibilities. at least with the current tendencies. it's too risky to attain this further for long
    Too risky, @Sol? Why? Are you obtaining them illegally?

Mentioned
    411 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Why? Are you obtaining them illegally?
    I don't know how to explain this by reasonable means. I notice tendencies from different sources and they lead to this resume. If I'll fight, the tendencies become worse. Also I may mistype at first. The girl seems some S or E, so not my dual.
    The near time may show her type.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Socionics is mostly a trap. Apart from some nuggets of understanding individuals, the intertype-relationships are best left on the shelf. Evidenced from my life, and evidenced from this forum: if people can post for approx 10 years and still be no further with a romantic match, then it's past time to consider more practical and tangible variables.

Seriously Judicious Emotivist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was a completely surprising week. Since September I have been sub teaching all over (ten schools in six towns, ALL subjects* pre-K thru 12, and its a real challenge to stay on my toes, adjusting constantly, and what was making it impossible is that its poorly compensated here. But I did my best, thinking I could well be at it a long time, and meanwhile, we economize.

So Tuesday I was fraternizing with other subs, when one who knows I'm looking for something else, held up her phone to show me a job in my field. So I called right then. I had a really strong feeling, "I think my destiny is changing right now".

And things started to happen fast. They got all my papers, and the very next evening (Wed.) I interviewed, and it was great. I was a good fit with them. Thursday morning I reported first to HR to sign all their stuff, and had my first look at the school, and met my middle-school students - and I know I am going to be a good fit with them, too. Phew! Because I was sleepless the night before, full of what-if's on the verge of this big change. I was pleased to get my key pad code [Now I can let myself in! No more ringing the buzzer, facing the camera, waiting to state my name and occupation and so I can be buzzed-in!]. The new colleagues are great! I was back today for nine hours! During which I cleaned like a crazy person! Fast and intense! I saw some of the classes again and had them help me clean and sort, which they did with much enthusiasm! They were a big help! I stayed as long as I was allowed, and left the big empty school in the pitch dark, alone in a big parking lot with only one other car, parked far off. Everything, including my car was coated with a fresh layer of ice because freezing rain had begun. Fortunately the roads were pretty good.

What a huge, huge mess the previous teacher left! She retired and apparently gave up on orderliness ages back. I like order, so there is a lot to do. This next week, over Christmas vacation, I am going in for all three seven-hours days that I am allowed to be in for, to keep cleaning and sorting, as well as to sand down tables with an orbital sander and varnish them. They will go from real bad to real beautiful. And I will paint the bulletin boards good colors. And I will bring plants!! The kids will definitely know this is a different kind of art when they comeback in the new year. Hopefully the new look will give them a happy anticipation.

I can't believe this all happened this week, so unexpectedly, and so fast. I am sort of awestruck with how God works. I am surprised and pleased to feel needed. They do need me, and I want to deliver. I guess I really want to be useful, and to make a difference, and I think I can here.

___
    *really ALL subjects, pre-K, library, special ed, music, physics, history, chemistry, math, English, cooking, field trips, and all elementary grade classes (each classroom is its only little world), and all kinds of interesting stuff at an Ag school - horticulture (we potted plants!), wreath-making, welding, tractors, actual farm animal care (a horse, sheep and chickens)... and also all classes at a very rural tiny elementary school in a stunningly beautiful part of CT (A-listers have their country mansions there) - and I will miss those students and staff there.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"