Page 3 of 163 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Delta Lounge

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Greeter View Post
    I have a question, if any Delta's care to answer, about whether you see yourself as a shallow individual. As in, are you satisfied with just knowing the superficial aspect of an entity, or do you like to dig deeper? Do people accuse you of being too 'light'?
    People who know me little or I keep at certain distance (like co-workers) think I am shallow, "light". People who know me well or women who I like usually think I am of searching type, digging deeper. How I perceive myself is that I really am not of the shallow type, however who would see himself as shallow? No-one probably. I'm not bothered by most things, so in that context maybe I am shallow. Also I quickly bored with new people/relationships, once I get to know them I loose interest and just go from inertia for a while, so it is one more point for shallow. All in all though, going from one thing to another is not my intent, it just how it plays out since I get bored. Going from person to person makes me feel bad, however I understand that it is inevitable until I find someone that, I dunno, fits me?, as trying to force myself, thinking that things will get better and I just need patience, does not work. This last aspect of my character makes me feel terrible and I wish I didn't have it. Also people never seem to understand why I stay friends with all women in my life and they try to search for motives of why I would do that and fail miserably, keeping connections with past lovers for me is not due to a reason but a reason in itself, I just don't see myself acting any other way without good reason (to avoid hurting people would be the reason I have in mind).

[/Random rambling]

Sorry, what was that you were asking?
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, I see. Well, I quite like it.

I have a question, if any Delta's care to answer, about whether you see yourself as a shallow individual. As in, are you satisfied with just knowing the superficial aspect of an entity, or do you like to dig deeper? Do people accuse you of being too 'light'?

Oh, I'm not sure if I make any sense.
    I don't really understand what you're asking, no. I'll try to answer, though.

I do not really consider myself a shallow individual, and I can't recall anybody in particular who has called me such.

Sometimes I'm satisfied knowing a limited amount about something or someone. Other times I like to dig deeper and find out more. Often I don't really want to know more about people because I don't want to have to deal with their burdens. I suppose that could be considered shallow.

I have my own random contribution to this thread:

A 90 year old example of forced perspective photography

It makes me go O.o
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Creepy-male

Haha, Minde, that's pretty awesome.

I've noticed Delta has a lot more life in it at the moment. That's kinda cool, actually. Isha's theory is that there's more active Deltas around, but I'm not sure. Most of the stir seems to be around a bunch of IEEs complaining about their duals

I also realized the Ishablog might not be as amusing for everyone else as it is for me. I think we've well and truly developed the "smile for no reason" dual dynamic.

Which, on an unrelated note, makes me wonder how Ne help and Si help can happen simultaneously. If Si is "Get the Ne base out of their minds and enjoying the present moment" and Ne is "understanding and formulating your interests and understanding potentials", then, actually, how is Ne enjoyable for Si? As I'm writing this, I'm thinking... there's a difference between "Super-Id fun" and "Super-Id assistance". Maybe I'm just lucky as a Ne base that the two are the same for me Or maybe Rick missed the mark: he described Si "fun", whereas Si "help" is stuff like helping me not kill myself with toxic mold and screwy sleep routines (or something?) In that case, Ne "fun" is probably making lots of references, using lightning-quick wit (see the Davelogs, chat snippets from another SLI friend of mine), etc.

I think there's also a lot of HA usage, too. I probably won't elaborate on this, but I might well. The basic kind of ideas I'm thinking of: SiFi, SiTe, NeFi, and NeTe, what do they look like? How are they different?

I'm kind of interested in further analyzing Isha and Gul's !!EPIC DUALITY!!, but I'm probably not going to run into another mentally active state like this for a while. Brain-rotting holidays F.T.W.

Post filled with random thoughts. I wanna be able to make more Laconic Huxley vids, damnit!

Oh, and speaking of which, I'm thinking about the format. One definite change is I'll be equipped with my own webcam (Isha's recording software is bust) so we can upload single long episodes to Vimeo (which I might cut into chapters and release under my own account... but this part is brainstorming )

Another possible option is making vodcasts, or just regular podcasts. The latter option would be less bandwidth-intensive for the audience, but it might have a lesser cuteness carrying capacity, and I don't know if my attention-whoring ways could cope with that

EDIT

Also, my hard drive recently died, so I've been whoring web radio, and thus have plenty of material for extending my trance playlist on YouTube! Exciting!

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coolanzon View Post
    Non-frustrating gameplay.
    Lego Racers is by far the most frustrating game on N64

Creepy-male

Fair enough. I was kinda thinking of the newer Lego games when I wrote that.

Heh, I remember playing Lego Island Adventure or something about ten years ago. I never had any idea how to play, and the manual made me feel really bad about that. It was directed at the parents: "Just ask your kids how to play. They know how to have an adventure."

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh, I remember playing Lego Island Adventure or something about ten years ago. I never had any idea how to play, and the manual made me feel really bad about that. It was directed at the parents: "Just ask your kids how to play. They know how to have an adventure."
    That makes me kind of sad. Grownups can know how to have adventures, too.

On another note, an ENFp friend made this, which he called "a 'thought-umentary,' something like a creative essay put to film."

I thought it had a Delta NF feel to it, in a contemplative sort of way.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    That makes me kind of sad. Grownups can know how to have adventures, too.

On another note, an ENFp friend made this, which he called "a 'thought-umentary,' something like a creative essay put to film."

YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.

I thought it had a Delta NF feel to it, in a contemplative sort of way.
    Haha, the dictionary part probably was. Failure attempt at putting a label on everything .
    Feels gewd to be an ISTp

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah yeah, I played Lego Indiana Jones about a year ago. Most of it was pretty simple.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have my own random contribution to this thread:

A 90 year old example of forced perspective photography

It makes me go O.o
    That always amazes me, the amount of patience and coordination that has to go into doing something like that...
    There's a bunch of mass human formation photographs here if you haven't seen them yet, the one you posted is included 15 Extraordinary Mass Human Formations - Oddee.com (mass photography, mass human formations...)
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    That always amazes me, the amount of patience and coordination that has to go into doing something like that...
    There's a bunch of mass human formation photographs here if you haven't seen them yet, the one you posted is included 15 Extraordinary Mass Human Formations - Oddee.com (mass photography, mass human formations...)
    Thanks, Marie, that's a great link. What's particularly amazing to me is how they did that with the relatively small amount of technology they had back then. For example, no computer to lay out the plans, no walkie-talkies to say "Hey, you in the blue, 330 from the left, move over a foot to the right!" Anyway, I guess I'm easily amused sometimes, haha.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have any of you seen the animated movie Watership Down when you were a kid? I saw it a few days ago, and it looks like it would traumatize kids. It's a great movie though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just realized when I asked my initial question, I sounded a little whiny. I apologize for that. I also delayed my response in hopes that more people will answer, but this will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Way Ticket View Post
    I've been accused of being shallow and of being too intense. So um. I don't know. All of the above?
    Fair enough. Being considered "shallow" and "intense" is really influenced by the person evaluating you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssmall
    People who know me little or I keep at certain distance (like co-workers) think I am shallow, "light". People who know me well or women who I like usually think I am of searching type, digging deeper. How I perceive myself is that I really am not of the shallow type, however who would see himself as shallow? No-one probably. I'm not bothered by most things, so in that context maybe I am shallow. Also I quickly bored with new people/relationships, once I get to know them I loose interest and just go from inertia for a while, so it is one more point for shallow. All in all though, going from one thing to another is not my intent, it just how it plays out since I get bored. Going from person to person makes me feel bad, however I understand that it is inevitable until I find someone that, I dunno, fits me?, as trying to force myself, thinking that things will get better and I just need patience, does not work. This last aspect of my character makes me feel terrible and I wish I didn't have it. Also people never seem to understand why I stay friends with all women in my life and they try to search for motives of why I would do that and fail miserably, keeping connections with past lovers for me is not due to a reason but a reason in itself, I just don't see myself acting any other way without good reason (to avoid hurting people would be the reason I have in mind).
    Everybody has shallow aspects, I think. And, I don't think what you described makes you necessarily shallow, but that you're searching and wandering. Everybody pursues happiness. In regards to doing something as a reason itself, it may not be particularly "profound" but it's much better (and honest) than having a contrived reason.

You answered my question, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Minde
    I don't really understand what you're asking, no. I'll try to answer, though.

I do not really consider myself a shallow individual, and I can't recall anybody in particular who has called me such.

Sometimes I'm satisfied knowing a limited amount about something or someone. Other times I like to dig deeper and find out more. Often I don't really want to know more about people because I don't want to have to deal with their burdens. I suppose that could be considered shallow.
    Thanks for responding. I can see why you don't understand the question because I find the accusation quite baffling as well. I am essentially on the same wavelength as you, in that, people have yet to accuse of being shallow (though I wonder if I actually am, from time to time).

Ssmall is right in that nobody readily considers themselves shallow, so the question is somewhat flawed. It seems people have trouble realizing how much a way a word is defined is dependent on who defines it.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolanzon
    I've noticed Delta has a lot more life in it at the moment. That's kinda cool, actually. Isha's theory is that there's more active Deltas around, but I'm not sure.
    I think the reason there is more Delta activity is because the Delta subforum is really the only real "safe" haven for us. I find the rest of the forum a bit too hostile (it also seems Alpha is rather quiet outside the Alpha subforum). Marie84 mentioned in another thread that some EIIs may not speak due to this very reason, and that rings true for me.
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, Marie, that's a great link. What's particularly amazing to me is how they did that with the relatively small amount of technology they had back then. For example, no computer to lay out the plans, no walkie-talkies to say "Hey, you in the blue, 330 from the left, move over a foot to the right!" Anyway, I guess I'm easily amused sometimes, haha.
    Agreed
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I responded to this earlier but it doesn't seem to have went through...
    Ah, I see. Well, I quite like it.

Oh, I'm not sure if I make any sense.
    I've generally not been accused of being too light. Save for trivial things, like celebrities and some pop culture that I don't really care about. I don't spend a lot of time with random trivia or "fun facts" that seem to be amazing to other people.

I'm increasingly not "light' when it comes to things I'm interested in.

I just had a few great conversations with a friend of mine, who I'm suspecting to be a male EII at this time. It seems to have a very delta nature to it, not that emotionally engaging, and taking turns talking in depth about things (politics, international relations kinds of things). And he seems to have, hmm.... the "delta openmindedness" or "delta objectivity", which is nice. But it seems to be enough for us to enjoy talking to each other, which is cool, as there is no focus on anything that, imo, I consider extraneous (like trying to make things unnecessarily entertaining or LOUD AND AMAZING).

I think the reason there is more Delta activity is because the Delta subforum is really the only real "safe" haven for us. I find the rest of the forum a bit too hostile (it also seems Alpha is rather quiet outside the Alpha subforum). Marie84 mentioned in another thread that some EIIs may not speak due to this very reason, and that rings true for me.
    I think that is a very good way to think about the situation.

....(that's kind of why I wanted to start a thread here that was more 'chatty', but still with the delta environment).
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feedback please!

So, I'm thinking about trying to set up something here on the forum. IDK if it would be a thread, or what. The working title is "What (Delta) STs should know about (Delta) NFs".

I'm not sure about the overall orientation of things. Part of me feels it should be particularly about men relating to women, because I think men are generally not so great at it and can use tips/advice. But IDK if it should just be about men, and should it be NF and ST men, or should it just be ST men vs NF women. Obviously what comes to my mind most readily is delta ST men and their relations to delta NF women, but, IDK if that would be a good focus for the whole 'project'.

I was thinking of making a compilation.
    It's things like this
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/588891-post17.html
    That are very important to understand, and, although I was 'aware' of it for a long time, I didn't understand exactly how that works, and how it actually isn't something to just shrug off.

Since we talk so much about relationships anyways, it might be useful, or possibly constructive. But again, I"m not sure about the focus of it - Should it just be something like "What delta NF women wish their delta ST men knew/understood about them"? Or more broad?

I'm not sure.
    So that's why I brought it up here to see what people in the quadra thought. I could do it myself, for myself, by myself, but, I figured I'd mention it here first to see what people said.

Feedback s'il vous plait!

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's a good idea, but I won't be able to contribute, really.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's supposed to snow sometime tomorrow in Sacramento. Prety rare sight. I certainly hope so... because my ass is freezing and it would take MORE to make snow come?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently there was big snow in the south, the most this early or something like that. Anyone live down there?

Creepy-male

Narrator: IN AD TWENTY-ZERO-GUL, AWESOMENESS WAS ENSUING
    *sploding noises*
    Isha: WHAT HAPPEN?
    Dave: SOMEONE SET UP US THE BOMB
    Gilly: WE GET SIGNAL
    Isha: WHAT!
    Gilly: MAIN SCREEN TURN ON
    Isha: IT'S YOU !!
    GULS: HOW ARE YOU SLIs !!
    GULS: ALL YOUR DUALS ARE BELONG TO US
    GULS: YOU ARE ON THE WAY TO DESTRUCTION.
    Isha: WHAT YOU SAY !!
    GULS: YOU HAVE NO CHANCE TO RESIST MAKE YOUR BAGS.
    GULS: HA HA HA ....
    Gilly: Isha !!
    Isha: TAKE OFF EVERY 'Barbeque'!!
    Isha: YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DOING.
    Isha: MOVE 'Barbeque'.
    Isha: FOR GREAT DELICIOUSNESS

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not exactly lolcats......

IzTkaniRukami (•_•) the cats

Stirlitz - Dostoyevsky

Huxley - [Gaben]

Creepy-male

Haha, that is too cute! The LSE one is the best, imo.

EDIT

They're all spot-on and adorable though. :redface:

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks rather sharp, imo. I'm considering making it my avatar...

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    Feedback please!

So, I'm thinking about trying to set up something here on the forum. IDK if it would be a thread, or what. The working title is "What (Delta) STs should know about (Delta) NFs".

I'm not sure about the overall orientation of things. Part of me feels it should be particularly about men relating to women, because I think men are generally not so great at it and can use tips/advice. But IDK if it should just be about men, and should it be NF and ST men, or should it just be ST men vs NF women. Obviously what comes to my mind most readily is delta ST men and their relations to delta NF women, but, IDK if that would be a good focus for the whole 'project'.

I was thinking of making a compilation.
    It's things like this
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/588891-post17.html
    That are very important to understand, and, although I was 'aware' of it for a long time, I didn't understand exactly how that works, and how it actually isn't something to just shrug off.

Since we talk so much about relationships anyways, it might be useful, or possibly constructive. But again, I"m not sure about the focus of it - Should it just be something like "What delta NF women wish their delta ST men knew/understood about them"? Or more broad?

I'm not sure.
    So that's why I brought it up here to see what people in the quadra thought. I could do it myself, for myself, by myself, but, I figured I'd mention it here first to see what people said.

Feedback s'il vous plait!
    You should do it
    EII INFj

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed, you have to wonder how exactly the knew where to place people and how many people for each colored clothes and such
    EII INFj

Creepy-male

Never enuff dakka duals.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

those cats are awesome!! I Love the IEE one, but all of them are great. I love that SLI is holding a pillow too! They're all perfect.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Creepy-male

Heh, I thought the SLIs were holding a pincushion, since they're "The Craftsman". But pillow works equally well for "Sleepy-Lazy Introvert"

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought the SLI one was doing needlepoint or something.

But yeah I like the LII and ESI ones the best.
    Last edited by Galen; 12-08-2009 at 12:43 AM.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

big country - delta?

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ENTp should have been a silly knight. The windmill is a nice reference, but you could see they copped out with the Ne symbol.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stirlitz - Dostoyevsky

Huxley - [Gaben][/CENTER]
    The Aristocats!

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE cat is brilliant

EII INFj

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just saw this on CNN but I'll try to find a real video/article

this woman rushed out of her car to defend a policeman who was being attacked by someone, and broke up the fight/saved him. And, she was nine months pregnant at the same time.

that's pretty badass.

Must be an LSE

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Must be an LSE
    :|

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just saw this on CNN but I'll try to find a real video/article

this woman rushed out of her car to defend a policeman who was being attacked by someone, and broke up the fight/saved him. And, she was nine months pregnant at the same time.

that's pretty badass.

Must be an LSE
    wow! I guess you could say it's bad since she's pregnant, but I'm impressed. gutsy!
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

20 seconds into it.....
    Remind anyone of FF8 music? In that main city, uhhh, forgot the name of it. Where the gate is and Rinoa's dad works, etc...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been thinking lately. If I thought I was Beta (as I once did), would I be accepted?

Ceci n'est pas une eii.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure.

You don't particularly exude Fe valuing. And they may say you are boring, but i don't know.

Do you want to talk about why you thought you were beta?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was talking to someone about SLI/IEE and I noticed something: here, in this duality description

The Psychologist very much needs a caring partner and finds relaxation for his emotional and restless soul in the 'quiet haven' of a friend, who is constant in his words and deeds, reliable and faithful. The Craftsman creates convenience and comfort for The Psychologist, who is not much adapted to the real life, thus giving him the opportunity to focus on spiritual and intellectual values, generate new ideas, which will bring the taste of novelty into their common affairs.
    In a way, I see that as something I'm supposed to do, too. Or perhaps in general, how the STs endeavor to do their part for NFs.

There has to be security before art can flourish, and if you are starving it is difficult to have deep thoughts. Not just that, but then the maintenance of it, and development of it, so more humane and 'enlightened' qualities can permeate through the actual working of things.

Providing the opportunity for spiritual and intellectual growth is very significant. (And so is participating in that growth...)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure.

You don't particularly exude Fe valuing. And they may say you are boring, but i don't know.

Do you want to talk about why you thought you were beta?

I'm fairly certain I am not Beta. I was really just musing a possibility and seeing how it will play out, that's all. I imagine that it would be a huge struggle to "prove" myself and other rites of passage I'm not going to get into.

I initially thought I was INFp/IEI, more than Beta. I introduced myself in that quadra and the welcome was very kind and fun (it was just a more accepting atmosphere then). Some felt I was similar to Transigient, who at the time typed himself IEI (I'm fairly certain he has resorted to ILE now). It may be of some interest that, in the brief time when I appeared in the IRC chatroom, LII and LIE were the types deemed most likely mine. What I found bizarre is that I didn't say much at all and types were being proposed anyway (which is still a problem to this day).

Nonetheless, as the16types was beginning to become more Beta-oriented, particularly in the era of "Quadra moods", I found myself unable to relate to them and their collective behaviour. It was endearing but foreign. The forum orientation has gone through all four quadras, actually, with Delta hegemony being the most brief and occuring only once.

Oh dear, I'm giving a little history lesson of the16types through personal experience. Perhaps not the place to do so.

Ceci n'est pas une eii.